Is God more than the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
teamventure said:
heaven and earth will pass away but my word will never pass away.

wow, you're even saying that the Bible isn't the word of God. you sound more like an athiest than a Christian.
Hmm now lets see. Jesus is the word of God, and yes He too is endless and will never pass away. Have you not read," Thw words that I speak they are Spirit and they are Life". the bible is not forever His words are.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear G,

I am saying that God will reveal Himself to us in new ways that do not fit our doctrine and may not be specifically found in the Bible. We do not have to fear what God does. We must learn to accept Him as He is. Right now we restrict him out of fear and doctrine.

Dear V,

Did you even get the example I gave about the Pharisees? Who many of them rejected Christ on scriptural grounds? How they rejected the New Testament? People want to dance around the Bible but really they just dance around there doctrine. They say God is the Bible but their God is really just their doctrine. I really like reading about God and having Him speak to me through His word but I realize that what I have between the covers is not all He is. I realize too that my understanding of Him even through the word is very incomplete.

You talked about the millennium as if a few scriptures tell you all you need to know about it and as if it covers everything that will go on of importance during that time. That is simply not the case. A thousand years is a long time and God is going to be working with His chosen people again. If God wrote the New Testament for a wild branch that was grafted into the natural vine how much more will He have things to say to His chosen people who are restored from the dead?
Paul had a full revelation of what a Christian is and all that we will experience. He was in our exact shoes. Living after the resurrection. Full of the Holy Spirit. There is NOTHING to add for now before the millennium! To get people thinking there is, is heresy. You trying to start a cult?

The underlined I can agree with, but you are insinuating the present in other posts and the bold. Please clarify if you are not.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Hi K,

No, I don't believe there is nothing to add...I mean...maybe there is nothing...but I don't preclude it from happening. I don't know why people assume this.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Justin Mangonel said:
Hi K,

No, I don't believe there is nothing to add...I mean...maybe there is nothing...but I don't preclude it from happening. I don't know why people assume this.
smilies-34787.png

For the last two pages that's been your position and now on the new third page you change colors like a cameleon camouflaging itself

Point is that all the scriptures which speak of the Holy Spirit are talking about a broad experience...a large and complex phenomenon. Certain scriptures speak to certain aspects of it but I don't believe that they speak to every possible permutation of it. When people today talk about shaking, laughing, roaring, barking etc. they sometimes reject these particular manifestations because there is no chapter and verse that specifically speaks to them. Therefore, some erroneously assume that these are not of God and either are just made up or, worse yet, of the devil.

Likewise, the Holy Spirit, which in reality is simply God who is a Spirit and is holy, is unimaginable vast. To limit God to what was written in the Bible is not proper.

Dear All,

I think a point worth considering is that when people think that the word we have is all that God is then we feel like we have all the pieces to the jigsaw puzzle. I don't think we do. Before the New Testament people thought they had all the pieces but then they received a bunch more when the apostles started to write the New Testament. These pieces allow a greater revelation to be realized and, for those who received this testament, it allowed them to know God in deeper and more accurate ways.

Dear G,

I am saying that God will reveal Himself to us in new ways that do not fit our doctrine and may not be specifically found in the Bible. We do not have to fear what God does. We must learn to accept Him as He is. Right now we restrict him out of fear and doctrine.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. Jesus left the door open, so should we. God is big enough that we could never contain all of His vast knowledge in one small book. To do so is foolishness.

In All His Love

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear R,

You don't make much sense. I really don't know why you don't get what I am saying. It is pretty basic. I guess, maybe, your viewpoint is so restricted by your doctrine that you can't see the broader picture I am talking about. You should read my blog about perspective and that might help you. However, continue to study my posts and eventually you might understand what I am talking about. If you ask for wisdom God will give it to you.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear R,

You don't make much sense. I really don't know why you don't get what I am saying. It is pretty basic. I guess, maybe, your viewpoint is so restricted by your doctrine that you can't see the broader picture I am talking about. You should read my blog about perspective and that might help you. However, continue to study my posts and eventually you might understand what I am talking about. If you ask for wisdom God will give it to you.
Here you Justin you didn't seem to exist online until about 60 days ago. The dates from your "tabernacle" writings range from Nov 5 2012 to Dec 28 2012.
Under the name Justin Mangonel you have done the same on two other forums, on one 12 total post and 8 topics started, but little traction or positive responses received except for one member called Helen, who also joined one week before you.

Here below is your latest The Tabernacle Movement dated Dec 28 2012 I'll highlight the points I find troubling.

You really are a bit strange, Africa? the un-churched? polygamy? Un-teach them? where we will go relatively unnoticed? shall I call you Jim Jones now or after I read about you in Africa?

============================================================================================================
The Tabernacle Movement
http://www.thefinalfeast.com/

I feel lead by the Spirit to lay out the framework for what needs to be done to help bring about the restoration of the spiritual fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles. This is by no means an exhaustive treatise on this subject but rather just a broad sketch of the steps that I believe we should take to accomplish this goal.
To begin with, the reason why we, as ministers of the full gospel of Christ, need to work towards the restoration of this feast is that this third and final spiritual experience is necessary to bring about the perfection of the saints.
It is written,
“Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:”
Ephesians 4:13
This scripture speaks about the end result that every minister should be working towards in their ministry. I believe that the perfect man of Ephesians, a group, can only be achieved by completing the third and final step that God has made available through restoration of the Tabernacle experience.
The first step towards the perfection of the saints was, of course, the spiritual fulfillment of the Feast of Passover. In the church age this equates to the experience of salvation. The second step in this restoration of mankind is the spiritual fulfillment of the spiritual feast of Pentecost. In the church age this equates to the experience of Spirit baptism with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. The third and final step in this process is the spiritual fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles. In the church age this equates to the experience of becoming one with God and the manifestation of this oneness is Divine Love.
Many ministers are trying to bring the church into the unity of the faith with only having experienced one or two of the necessary feasts. However, it is not possible to fulfill Ephesians 4:3 without the third and final feast. It is the spiritual fulfillment of the Feast of Tabernacles that brings about the unity of the Spirit which ultimately leads to the unity of the faith.
In order to accomplish the goal of restoring this feast to the body of Christ we must not look to change the church from within but rather we must go outside the church and evangelize the lost so that we can start with, as it were, a blank page upon which we can write this vision. Trying to bring this restored truth to those who are already “churched” is not profitable. Those who are in the normative church have already been tainted with the ills of the church and are not suitable ground upon which to plant this seed. Perhaps, once a movement is formed and brought to life outside of the church it may draw some from within the church to accept this truth.
Secondly, we must restore the office and authority of the apostle and prophet to this movement. The foundation stones of this movement must be laid by true apostles and prophets in order to bring this vision to our people. We must, above all, restore the office of the apostle to our movement so that we will have the benefit of the organization and perspective that an apostle brings. We must relegate pastors and teachers to their places under these ministries and make sure that they do not try to usurp these higher offices as they have done in the normative church. The office of evangelist must be kept primarily outside the church so that they can focus on preaching to the lost. Evangelist must subject themselves to the offices of the prophet and apostle.
The third step is that we must teach the first century Tabernacle theology that God has restored to us to those who are newly saved so that they can begin to assimilate the new wine skin that God has given. We must make disciples of all men so that God can raise them up to do the work of the ministry. By starting with newly evangelized people we will not have to “un-teach” them out of the errors that the church has accepted. We will endeavor to disciple those who have ability and skill one on one sp as to instill in them the truths that God has shown us.
The fourth step is to seek converts in areas that are not already well served. In the beginning, when our movement is still small and relatively vulnerable, we must seek to make converts in places where the normative church will not hinder us. Obviously, the established church will react with its characteristic ferocity against anything or anyone that challenges it’s status quo. Therefore, we must seek to work in places where we will go realatively unnoticed until we have grown strong enough to weather persecution if it comes. Therefore we will seek out and work among those who practice polyngy because these people represent and large and un-churched peoples group. Due to the fact that we know, from scripture, that God does not discriminate against those with more than one wife (Matthew 8:11, Matthew 22:31-33) we are uniquely positioned to bring the gospel to this group while at the same time correcting a terrible wrong that was done to them.
For me, this means preaching in the heart of Africa. As we target those who live in this type of marriage some will be open to hear Gods word and these will be the disciples that we are looking for. We will focus on those younger adults, ages 18 through 25, both male and female, whom God picks to be disciples of the restoration of Tabernacle theology. God, through His Holy Spirit, will bring this first wave of His chosen to us and they will form the “core” of this movement. Once this vanguard is formed some will be sent out to disciples others and in turn those who become disciples and show promise will be raised up to form a second wave of followers.
I estimate that it will take 10 to 15 years of evangelizing and discipleship before the first wave produces the beginnings of the second wave. We will encourage the first wave to go wherever God leads them and to replicate our evangelism/discipleship model. In the beginning we will hold yearly meetings in which all our member are invited to participate but when the movement increases we will devolve these meetings into more localized events. We must be careful never to overly centralize our movement so that even if one part is hindered the remaining parts that are left can still function.
To reiterate, the main points of our plan to restore the spiritual fulfillment of the third and final Feast of Tabernacles to the Body of Christ are as follows.
1. We will concentrate on evangelism of the un-churched so that will can write this vision on a blank canvas.
2. We will restore the office and authority of the apostle and prophet to our movement.
3. We will teach the restored first century Tabernacle theology to our new converts
4. We will seek converts who currently practice or are from polygnist families near areas of conflict where the normative church is not as active.
5. We will seek to make disciples of young adults ages 18 to 25 years old to form the core of our first wave of Tabernacles saints. When they have been taught and become disciples we will send them out as God leads to raise up a second wave of Tabernacle saints.
6. We will seek to keep this movement decentralized so that if one part is hindered the rest of it can continue to function and carry on our vision.
In conclusion, it is important that we put action to our faith and try our best to bring about the restoration of this Adamite theology. We are tasked with the glorious vision of helping those who do not know God come back to the Garden and enter once again into the glorious liberty of the sons of God. We have the vision and now it is up to us to do our part to help bring about the unity of the Spirit which will ultimately lead to the perfecting of the saints for the work of the ministry.
Sincerely,
Justin Mangonel

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Selene said:
Where in my post did I say that the Bible is NOT the word of God?
Nevertheless, we believe the written words still came from the Holy Spirit despite that some of the men who wrote them were not Apostles (such as Luke and Mark). We also believe that what was written is in line with the oral traditions that were passed down.

you are elluding to saying that the written word is not all inspired by God.

mjrhealth said:
Hmm now lets see. Jesus is the word of God, and yes He too is endless and will never pass away. Have you not read," Thw words that I speak they are Spirit and they are Life". the bible is not forever His words are.
yes his words are forever, but are you saying that the Bible doesn't contain his words with 100% accuracy?

You sound like you'd make a good recruit for Mangonel.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you would erally like me to say, Yes i dont believe the bible is 100% accurate, why dont you search it out for yourself. Now have you not noticed how the apostles who walked in the spirit and had no bible, did wonderful things and how today christians who have the bible and do not walk after the spirit, do absoulely nothing but argue about the bible, Again if it wall all truth than there would be nothing to argue about, would there.

Think about it, take things to the Lord, stop believeing everything you are told.

In all His Love

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear R,

I am glad you have continued to read my blog. My tabernacle blog is not quite finished but I trust you get the general direction how God is leading me. However, the next time you copy someone's writings en mass it would be polite to ask them if they would give you permission to do so and repost them on a forum such as this.

I am reminded of those whom Paul say preached a Christ of contention. Paul's take on such people is that the gospel gets spread either way. There is a aspect of the church that I call spiritual colonialism. This means, to me anyway, that various churches have come into areas and colonized its people until they dominate the spiritual landscape. Since many of these church teach and preach doctrines that I believe an not quite the truth it is not possible to work within them in order to restore Tabernacle theology.

At any rate...keep on reading. It may eventually help you to come to a deeper understanding of God and his son Jesus Christ.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear R,

You comment reminds me of precisely why I do not wish to bring tabernacles theology to the churched.

To all those who read the above comment I would say that this is not the type of spirit that we wish to show forth to our brethren or the unsaved. I know that R loves God and really wants to serve Him and I know he is frustrated because He does not find a way to convince me of what He holds near and dear to HIs heart. However, the kingdom of God is not theology but people for God is suppose to rule the hearts of men.

Let us all remember that behind our posts exist real people and that it matters a great deal what we say and how we say it. Of course we will disagree but we should seek to keep the unity of the Spirit, the one Spirit, as we do so.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear R,

You comment reminds me of precisely why I do not wish to bring tabernacles theology to the churched.

To all those who read the above comment I would say that this is not the type of spirit that we wish to show forth to our brethren or the unsaved. I know that R loves God and really wants to serve Him and I know he is frustrated because He does not find a way to convince me of what He holds near and dear to HIs heart. However, the kingdom of God is not theology but people for God is suppose to rule the hearts of men.

Let us all remember that behind our posts exist real people and that it matters a great deal what we say and how we say it. Of course we will disagree but we should seek to keep the unity of the Spirit, the one Spirit, as we do so.
Its really very simple and you have chosen your theology Adamite theology http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17289-is-god-more-than-the-bible/page-3#entry179276
Your closing remark, back to Eden with Adamite theology.
Justin quote; from link
In conclusion, it is important that we put action to our faith and try our best to bring about the restoration of this Adamite theology. We are tasked with the glorious vision of helping those who do not know God come back to the Garden and enter once again into the glorious liberty of the sons of God.

In your Adamite thread "They were not ashamed" that you abandoned; you made it clear as well. Your headed back to Eden I told you I'm headed in the other direction.
I follow the second man to heaven not the first back to Eden, "The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven".
Paul clarifies the distinction I choose to go to Heaven not return to the Eden

40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”[d] The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord[e] from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear[f] the image of the heavenly Man.

So you see Justin it has little to do with like or dislike but instead the direction you are traveling.
I believe your headed the wrong way, to the point in your "they were not ashamed thread" was, we will also practice nudity as well as polygamy.
I can't imagine what your compound will look like If you do find supporters for your tabernacle vision, its rather scary IMO. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/17289-is-god-more-than-the-bible/page-3#entry179276

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear R,

I stand by what I have written for I believe it to be sound doctrine. Thanks for making such a big deal of this because you are helping to promote my teachings. I have been getting a lot more visitors since you have decided to take issue with my writings so vehemently. One of the great things about coming on forums such as this is that I am learning how to handle those who continually dog me no matter how reasonable and nice I try to be to them. What you are reinforcing to me is that no press is bad press. You seek to try to expose what you think, in your humble opinion anyway, what you believe I believe. However, it is obvious to me that you just don't get it. Even though you get it very wrong the hubbub you create does draw attention to what I write and provides others, who might not have done so, the opportunity to peruse my site and learn about Tabernacle theology. More and more I am seeing that people, who try to speak of what I teach negatively, are in fact some of my greatest allies. This is why I liken what you they do to preaching a Christ of contention. Either way, the message gets out.

You are doing God and me a service...keep up the good work,

Sincerely,

Justin

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Separating sheep from goats that's got to be good thing,

The flood gates of false prophets has been opening wider every year, I don't expect the flood to subside until the Lord returns.
The sooner the world ripens the sooner the harvest.
You just keep teaching Adamite theology and I'll keep teaching Jesus and together we'll get the job done more quickly.

BTW It not me your in contention with over your goat harvest, it's the rest of the goat herders you need to be trying to out smart
God reads hearts and minds Hes not about to lose a single one that is truly seeking, crying out hes lost, He will gather every one.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear R,

I think you are speaking well when you say that we will keep teaching and working in our respective areas. I know that you feel that your value judgements about what I think are right but let us allow our Father to ultimately be the judge. Let God help each one of us yield to His Spirit and be prophetable (grin) workers in His vineyard.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear All,

I believe that God is greater than the word that He wrote.
I believe that God is everything His Word says He is for the character of one is always known and revealed by His Word

John 1:1-13
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
KJV

Rex said:
Dear J
You are a nut
Matt 5:23
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
KJV

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
afaithfulone4u said:
Matt 5:23
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
KJV
I don't consider him a brother I consider him a wolf in sheep's clothing.

The cause? I have followed and replied to his new age type Christianity for many weeks.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
teamventure said:
Nevertheless, we believe the written words still came from the Holy Spirit despite that some of the men who wrote them were not Apostles (such as Luke and Mark). We also believe that what was written is in line with the oral traditions that were passed down.

you are elluding to saying that the written word is not all inspired by God.
And where in my post did I ever say or even ellude to saying that the written word is not all inspired by God??

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
you believe that the word was passed down orally first, if that were true then there would be errors. but it's not true.