Is God sending people straight to hell when they die, today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reported again for harassment, @Jack.

You need to back off and leave me alone, i have you on ignore and everything but you continue to keep going after you are told to stop.

Thats called harassment.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that King David is still soul sleeping, wrangler? (I dont agree or buy into soul sleep myself - but do believe when we die we are judged instantly going on to the heavenly realm.)
Soul sleep ended a long long time ago . Folks need to read mathew chapter TWENTY SEVEN
ONCE JESUS ROSE from the dead , THOSE WHO SLEPT rose with him . MANY folks seen the saints too .
ITS recorded . NOW all who die in CHRIST are WITH HIM . To be absent from the body IS to be present with the LORD .
JESUS was the first to rise from the dead . Now all lambs who die shall never taste of death but are present with HIM
Yes . Go read mathew twenty seven and see the beauty of this . MANY of the souls that slept
AROSE after the ressurection of JESUS . IT says some people even seen them .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soul sleep ended a long long time ago . Folks need to read mathew chapter seventeen .
ONCE JESUS ROSE from the dead , THOSE WHO SLEPT rose with him . MANY folks seen the saints too .
ITS recorded . NOW all who die in CHRIST are WITH HIM . To be absent from the body IS to be present with the LORD .
JESUS was the first to rise from the dead . Now all lambs who die shall never taste of death but are present with HIM
Yes . Go read mathew twenty seven and see the beauty of this . MANY of the souls that slept
AROSE after the ressurection of JESUS . IT says some people even seen them .
You bring up a good point, really I dont think souls ever went to sleep. Sheol was a place where people went to, jesus talks about the sign of jonah, and also the parable of the rich man and lazarus. Then you have those you mentioned that came up after Jesus.

Matthew 27:53
They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

But it seems some where still in hades or sheol in revealtion.

Revelation 20:13
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

I believe today, people are resurrected and they are given a spiritual body and are placed on the outside or inside of the kingdom, that aligns with judgement that God gives.

Atleast thats the hope I have from what is expressed after the ending of chapter 20, going on to 21-22.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You bring up a good point, really I dont think souls ever went to sleep. Sheol was a place where people went to, jesus talks about the sign of jonah, and also the parable of the rich man and lazarus. Then you have those you mentioned that came up after Jesus.

Matthew 27:53
They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

But it seems some where still in hades or sheol in revealtion.

Revelation 20:13
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.

I believe today, people are resurrected and they are given a spiritual body and are placed on the outside or inside of the kingdom.

Atleast thats the hope I have from what is expressed after the ending of chapter 20, going on to 21-22.
Those who rejected JESUS . WELL yeah its where they gonna end up .
And i say so cause JESUS spoke about it . As for lambs . NOPE we gonna go home with KING the moment we breath out our last .
Now see the beauty . I used the bible to back up what i said and you just brought it for all to read .
So on that note , do be sure you do that with all THE BIBLE too .
Now i say that cause i loves ya . And i do not want you to ADD too or take from the book of revelation either .
THERE is a lake of fire , and its a real nasty place too . It is a place of torment after the body has died that all
who rejected CHRIST JESUS are gonna have to face . And it makes that quite clear my friend .
ALL unbelievers , IT DO say UNBELIEVERS , those not found in the lambs book of life . YEAH they gonna end up there .
SO my advice is , we keep it simple . Just teach it like its written and leave the rest to GOD . Dont add , dont take from it .
Now remember , i told you this cause IDO LOVES ya . AND because i have seen what it says will occur
to those who do add too or take from that book . Mathew , I SURE DONT want that for you my friend .
SO i have a real good idea for us all . LET us just simply preach n teach JESUS CHRIST , TO BELIEVE ON HIM
and warn those who reject they do so unto their own destruction . LEave the rest to GOD .
Dont add , dont take from that book . I keep it real simple . You should too .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who rejected JESUS . WELL yeah its where they gonna end up .
And i say so cause JESUS spoke about it . As for lambs . NOPE we gonna go home with KING the moment we breath out our last .
Now see the beauty . I used the bible to back up what i said and you just brought it for all to read .
So on that note , do be sure you do that with all THE BIBLE too .
Now i say that cause i loves ya . And i do not want you to ADD too or take from the book of revelation either .
THERE is a lake of fire , and its a real nasty place too . It is a place of torment after the body has died that all
who rejected CHRIST JESUS are gonna have to face . And it makes that quite clear my friend .
ALL unbelievers , IT DO say UNBELIEVERS , those not found in the lambs book of life . YEAH they gonna end up there .
SO my advice is , we keep it simple . Just teach it like its written and leave the rest to GOD . Dont add , dont take from it .
Now remember , i told you this cause IDO LOVES ya . AND because i have seen what it says will occur
to those who do add too or take from that book . Mathew , I SURE DONT want that for you my friend .
SO i have a real good idea for us all . LET us just simply preach n teach JESUS CHRIST , TO BELIEVE ON HIM
and warn those who reject they do so unto their own destruction . LEave the rest to GOD .
Dont add , dont take from that book . I keep it real simple . You should too .
Me either, i love the idea that Gods will will prevail in the end Amigo.

Today is the day to choose, faith and to remain in Christ Jesus and his teachings to love God and love others while we got the chance to do so now rather than face the fire later. Some will have to face that fire but its for a purpose for God to have his will done.

It may be people in the kingdom trying to help get some in and it may take forever until they are ready.

Amen.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me either, i love the idea that Gods will will prevail in the end Amigo.

Today is the day to choose, faith and to remain in Christ Jesus and his teachings to love God and love others while we got the chance to do so now rather than face the fire later. Some will have to face that fire but its for a purpose for God to have his will done.

Amen.
Just remember it never says they get out of said place . So my advice is , we dont add in they do .
Simply leave it all alone . All we need to KNOW is what is already written for us to know .
There is a good place and a real nasty place . IF one wants the good , THEY NEED TO REPENT and BELIEVE ON JESUS
but if those hear the gospel and reject , WELL the nasty hard core place awaits them .
That is all we need to know and to teach .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its amazing the goodness of God.

The stubbornness of humans can be seen while God poured out plagues on Jerusalem for their own decisions they still could have turned but they choose not to…

Revelation 9:20
The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just remember it never says they get out of said place . So my advice is , we dont add in they do .
Simply leave it all alone . All we need to KNOW is what is already written for us to know .
There is a good place and a real nasty place . IF one wants the good , THEY NEED TO REPENT and BELIEVE ON JESUS
but if those hear the gospel and reject , WELL the nasty hard core place awaits them .
That is all we need to know and to teach .
There is a lot to consider. The gates never close either. Thanks Amigo.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think that King David is still soul sleeping, wrangler?
I admit I don’t have a full answer about Judgement Day. I tend to stay away from End Times. But I believe after the return of Christ is when Judgement Day is supposed to happen.

So, if David has already been judged - or anyone - what is the point of Judgement Day?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reported again for harassment, @Jack.

You need to back off and leave me alone, i have you on ignore and everything but you continue to keep going after you are told to stop.

Thats called harassment.
This is a Christian forum. If you don't want to be corrected stop attacking our Bible. And you are in violation of the ChristianityBoard Statement of Faith. But I didn't report you.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I admit I don’t have a full answer about Judgement Day. I tend to stay away from End Times. But I believe after the return of Christ is when Judgement Day is supposed to happen.

So, if David has already been judged - or anyone - what is the point of Judgement Day?

The great and dreadful day of the LORD was promised to come, upon the nation of Israel and judgement was gonna be meeted out for them killing the son of God. Which in a sense a Judgement day.

Matthew 21:33-46

New Living Translation

Parable of the Evil Farmers​

33 “Now listen to another story. A certain landowner planted a vineyard, built a wall around it, dug a pit for pressing out the grape juice, and built a lookout tower. Then he leased the vineyard to tenant farmers and moved to another country. 34 At the time of the grape harvest, he sent his servants to collect his share of the crop.35 But the farmers grabbed his servants, beat one, killed one, and stoned another. 36 So the landowner sent a larger group of his servants to collect for him, but the results were the same.
37 “Finally, the owner sent his son, thinking, ‘Surely they will respect my son.’
38 “But when the tenant farmers saw his son coming, they said to one another, ‘Here comes the heir to this estate. Come on, let’s kill him and get the estate for ourselves!’ 39 So they grabbed him, dragged him out of the vineyard, and murdered him.
40 “When the owner of the vineyard returns,”Jesus asked, “what do you think he will do to those farmers?”
41 The religious leaders replied, “He will put the wicked men to a horrible death and lease the vineyard to others who will give him his share of the crop after each harvest.”
42 Then Jesus asked them, “Didn’t you ever read this in the Scriptures?
‘The stone that the builders rejected
has now become the cornerstone.
This is the Lord’s doing,
and it is wonderful to see.’[a]
43 I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that will produce the proper fruit. 44 Anyone who stumbles over that stone will be broken to pieces, and it will crush anyone it falls on.[b]”
45 When the leading priests and Pharisees heard this parable, they realized he was telling the story against them—they were the wicked farmers. 46 They wanted to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowds, who considered Jesus to be a prophet.

However when people die there is suppose to be a judgement as well.

Perhaps there was one great and dreadful day of the Lord which judgement of israel fell, and there was also the judgement of Satan and those who came out of hell too.

If thats all taken care of it seems there still a judgement for all individuals.

Ecclesiastes 3:17 New International Version (NIV)
I said to myself, “God will bring into judgment both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time to judge every deed.”

… so idk either @Wrangler, i just believe when we die we are judged and placed either on the outside of the kingdom or inside. I dont have all the answers either.

Just believe and have faith and trust in the one whom God sent and remain in his teachings, which are good for the mind and heart that bring fortified faith, and freedom in truth.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that is why even in Revelation 21, and 22 there is a separation between believers and unbelievers.

Really good stuff to read, though many people tend to push away the end time things as its probably for their benefit of not having to deal with it in general @Wrangler.

My first time reading revelation was when I was probably 11 years old, and my imagination then was great. Lol…

I figured we would see the beast dragon coming out of the sea and he would be thrashing around and the people in their cars on the highways would be screaming and running in panic.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is still a lot of study I need to do for myself; but in the end it seems that with the victory of Jesus over all things; God has set up a kingdom. Where People of faith are able to maybe enter in and partake of the tree.

Its never promised it says “May” if you read it; thats the hope in faith to be able to… its the reason to have faith and die to our own will and live towards Gods will and allow the spirit to move through and share the good news that is on ones heart.

It seems God allows people who are faithless to live outside the gates; why?

To have his will be met where none perish.

There are many people out there though who dont want Gods will to be met; they want their will to be met and that is why its so important to encourage people who wanna seek truth to read and be encouraged to read their bibles and search.

Its hard to accept that few be there that find it but it must still be true, perhaps Gods kingdom is relatively small compared to the outside, and some people cant even see the light they may be so far away from the kingdom they cant even see it.

:’(

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first time I read Revelation I was 50. I thought John must have been smoking some strong psychedelic. LOL
Thanks for sharing that with me. Some people come about these things way later in life, yes that is for sure. While that gave me a chuckle there is great value in it, in my opinion.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mom is 61 and didnt know about the lake of fire til the other day i explained it to her. I did get to also read her about exodus and going through all the plagues was a doozy. Lol

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Somethings are better left unknown.

The more you know the more grief, and sorrow comes with it.

There is nothing wrong with studying and growing but everything comes at a cost.

Just like the cost of being a disciples of Christ, while we can still have our own will; enjoy life, go to work, watch tv, make children, have a wife or not.

The cost is to give up our will for Gods will.

To love those who mock you, use you, try to malgin you, to turn the other cheek, to forgive those who have abused you…

Hard things. People go through being baptized by the holy spirit and fire through christ and allow the rock to smash their will and ways, or there are those who go through the fire and are crushed, then in that way which in the end leaves what is good to remain if they go through the flames after this life.

Cause in the God will have no perish and that is the truth; God is good, God is love, and while people may not see him a Good God it doesnt mean he is not!

He gives us life every morning when we wake up, food to eat and water to have to drink….

His mercies are immeasurable every day in my opinion; and some are blind to see it.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But the Scripture imprisoned everything under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.

@Wrangler

If the wages of sin is death which means returning to the grave what place is there for Heaven going and Hell going?

The Word is super clear...to this day Davids sepulcher is with us and he is yet to rise out of it.

F2F

@quietthinker "to those who believe ;)"

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be honest, what do you believe?

Is God sending people straight to hell when they die, today?​

My answer of course is a big solid fat - No.

You can't just pretend to believe that God sends people straight to hell and then soften a blow when death comes about.

I believe that Yahava, who sent the Lord Yeshua, the messiah - who has had victory over all things today "Hell, Satan, Sin, Death (Spiritual death), the false prophet, the beast" does not send people to hell because hell gives up it's death in Revelation, therefore it can not last forever. There is the lake of fire that is in front of the Lamb, which one can assume rubs away all the darkness of an individual, and allows the only remaining good part of them alive be it small or very little. That is a good God, who loves, and who purges away darkness, however it seems that when Yahava, judges those who are not properly clothed are thrown back out of the kingdom into darkness, those who wanted nothing to do with God in this life are also resurrected and given a spiritual body that resides out in the darkness. There seems to be a city that God had established in the afterlife, that similar to the temple that was set up on earth. The outer court (the way), the inner court (the truth), and the holy of holies (the life), and everyone who believed start out in the outer court. While those who wanted nothing to do with God are outside of the gate in general.

On the subject of faithless people being outside the kingdom:

Those of faith are given a spiritual body that may dwell in the city and have access to the tree of life.

“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22‬:‭14‬-‭15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

To me everyone goes to the heavenly Realm, either outside or inside the kingdom.
That’s interesting. There are so many different beliefs about this that I’m not sure anymore

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prv 1:24-33 . . I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to
you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the
correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you
when disaster overtakes you-- when calamity overcomes you like a storm,
when you are engulfed by trouble, and when anguish and distress