Is God sending people straight to hell when they die, today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rich man died but was very much alive in torment in fire. No soul sleep!

Luke 16

19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The rich man died but was very much alive in torment in fire. No soul sleep!

Luke 16

19 "There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. 20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.' 25 But Abraham said, 'Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.
But Lazarus is there communicating with the rich man.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Lazarus is there communicating with the rich man.
Luke 16
Lazarus was there with Abraham. They're communicating. I was wrong to imply Lazarus was communicating personally himself. Though he was there with Abraham and the rich man was speaking to Abraham with Lazarus present.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 16
Lazarus was there with Abraham. They're communicating. I was wrong to imply Lazarus was communicating personally himself. Though he was there with Abraham and the rich man was speaking to Abraham with Lazarus present.
Thanks for explaining.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is God sending people straight to hell when they die?

In the old testament and when Jesus died on the cross, everyone went straight to hell.

Is he still doing that today?

With Jesus and his victory and hell being done away with, i dont believe so.

It seems God has a place outside the now set up heavenly jerusalm for faithless individuals and the inside for faithful people, who hear the spirit and bride saying “come”.

Be encouraged to read your bible.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prv 1:24-33 . . I called you so often, but you didn't come. I reached out to
you, but you paid no attention. You ignored my advice and rejected the
correction I offered. So I will laugh when you are in trouble! I will mock you
when disaster overtakes you-- when calamity overcomes you like a storm,
when you are engulfed by trouble, and when anguish and distress
overwhelm you.

. . . I will not answer when they cry for help. Even though they anxiously
search for me, they will not find me. For they hated knowledge and chose
not to fear The Lord. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I
corrected them.
That is why they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own
way. They must experience the full terror of the path they have chosen. For
they are simpletons who turn away from me-- to death. They are fools, and
their own complacency will destroy them
. But all who listen to me will live in
peace and safety, unafraid of harm.
i dont thinks folks realize GOD said this . They too busy embracing the love god that sure seems to be dishonoring
THE TRUE GOD and HIS PURE LOVE . Most folks
are too busy making the GOD of the old test seem as satan and the JESUS of the bible seem as anti christ
by following this other jesus and this other gospel , both of which , WONT SAVE THEM .
Now tis time , and its HIGH TIME we started preaching BOTH the SEVERITY and the GOODNESS of GOD .
The lake of fire is real and it awaits all who beleived and loved a lie . And that is A FACT . a painful fact
that many will learn for themselves as they hear DEPART FROM ME , YE WHO WORKED INQUITY , I NEVER KNEW YOU .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is God sending people straight to hell when they die?

In the old testament and when Jesus died on the cross, everyone went straight to hell.

Is he still doing that today?

With Jesus and his victory and hell being done away with, i dont believe so.

It seems God has a place outside the now set up heavenly jerusalm for faithless individuals and the inside for faithful people, who hear the spirit and bride saying “come”.

Be encouraged to read your bible.
Do try and remember JESUS always made mention of What occurs to those who BELIEVE
and also what occurs to those who denied him , believed not . OH JESUS HAS THE VICTORY
but our victory is found in .............................FAITH IN HIM .
SO what overcomes the world , OUR FAITH IN HIM . Its high time we put a dire dire importance
of HAVING TO Actually BELIEVE ON HE who obtained THIS VICTORY .
Cause THE ONE WHO OBTAINED THIS VICTORY we speak of also had much to say about
the dire need to BELIEVE ON HIM and the dire severity unto those who DENIED HIM , BELIEVED NOT .
I like to keep things real simple .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me either, i love the idea that Gods will will prevail in the end Amigo.

Today is the day to choose, faith and to remain in Christ Jesus and his teachings to love God and love others while we got the chance to do so now rather than face the fire later. Some will have to face that fire but its for a purpose for God to have his will done.

It may be people in the kingdom trying to help get some in and it may take forever until they are ready.

Amen.
GOD already prevailed . Now take heed to what i say next .
IF any man or woman wants to be a partaker of HIS VICTORY OVER DEATH . TIME TO BELIEVE IN THE SON WHOM HE DID SEND .
I suggest we do as the CHRIST did and the apostels did .
Its real simple if we examine the bible .
WHAT and WHO did JESUS COME pointing folks too . WHAT DID HE have to say about those who beleived
and what did he have to say about those who heard and yet rejected , believed not .
How often did he use the word BELIEVE . and how often did you hear him speak about the dire dire situation
that awaits and awaited all who rejected HIM .
What did HE Tell the apostels to do . GO and preach HIM , the gospel
What did they DO . THEY PREACHED HIM and the dire need to believe on HIM .
DID they warn those who rejected him . YOU BET . they shook the dust off , and you should see
the warnings they gave to those who rejected .
My advice is we follow THEIR PATTERN . SIMPLY PREACH ON the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
Put folks into the bible to learn . Make sure none follow another jesus , another god or another love which cometh of the world .
Teaching them ALL , not some , ALL things JESUS TAUGHT .
Teaching them to behold BOTH , BOTH the GOODNESSS OF and SEVERITY , YES I SAID SEVERITY TOO , OF GOD .
THE PATTERN THAT WORKS IS THE PATTERN SET BY GOD < HIS CHRIST , HIS APOSTELS . AND IT sure can
be found within the pages of THE BIBLE . Now i say this out of great love that many will take heed to this simple reminder .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't understand your question.
Christians believe they either go to Heaven or Hell when they die...the Bible states the wages of sin is death therefore all people go to Hell (grave) and none go to Heaven. The resurrection only makes sense if those in the grave are being raised. Is this your understanding?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Agreed. This is why I subscribe to Soul Sleep. You die and the next moment is Judgement Day.
Your comment also works with Paul's teaching on the "twinkling of an eye" for those who sleep. You die and the very next moment you are alive at the judgement. The twinkling of an eye means nothing if you are enjoying bliss in heaven.

Reactions: Wrangler

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do try and remember JESUS always made mention of What occurs to those who BELIEVE
and also what occurs to those who denied him , believed not . OH JESUS HAS THE VICTORY
but our victory is found in .............................FAITH IN HIM .
SO what overcomes the world , OUR FAITH IN HIM . Its high time we put a dire dire importance
of HAVING TO Actually BELIEVE ON HE who obtained THIS VICTORY .
Cause THE ONE WHO OBTAINED THIS VICTORY we speak of also had much to say about
the dire need to BELIEVE ON HIM and the dire severity unto those who DENIED HIM , BELIEVED NOT .
I like to keep things real simple .

GOD already prevailed . Now take heed to what i say next .
IF any man or woman wants to be a partaker of HIS VICTORY OVER DEATH . TIME TO BELIEVE IN THE SON WHOM HE DID SEND .
I suggest we do as the CHRIST did and the apostels did .
Its real simple if we examine the bible .
WHAT and WHO did JESUS COME pointing folks too . WHAT DID HE have to say about those who beleived
and what did he have to say about those who heard and yet rejected , believed not .
How often did he use the word BELIEVE . and how often did you hear him speak about the dire dire situation
that awaits and awaited all who rejected HIM .
What did HE Tell the apostels to do . GO and preach HIM , the gospel
What did they DO . THEY PREACHED HIM and the dire need to believe on HIM .
DID they warn those who rejected him . YOU BET . they shook the dust off , and you should see
the warnings they gave to those who rejected .
My advice is we follow THEIR PATTERN . SIMPLY PREACH ON the DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST .
Put folks into the bible to learn . Make sure none follow another jesus , another god or another love which cometh of the world .
Teaching them ALL , not some , ALL things JESUS TAUGHT .
Teaching them to behold BOTH , BOTH the GOODNESSS OF and SEVERITY , YES I SAID SEVERITY TOO , OF GOD .
THE PATTERN THAT WORKS IS THE PATTERN SET BY GOD < HIS CHRIST , HIS APOSTELS . AND IT sure can
be found within the pages of THE BIBLE . Now i say this out of great love that many will take heed to this simple reminder .

Okay thanks.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians believe they either go to Heaven or Hell when they die...the Bible states the wages of sin is death therefore all people go to Hell (grave) and none go to Heaven. The resurrection only makes sense if those in the grave are being raised. Is this your understanding?
Yes.

Reactions: face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No doubt you realise how great a blessing you have in being revealed this truth. As Jesus would say "I have not seen so great a faith...no, not even in this forum!"

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven, is a eternal destination that is achieved for us, by Christ on the Cross.
He is the WAY there.... John 14:6

Hell, and then the Lake of fire, is THE eternal destination that is gained by rejecting Christ, and never being born again.

Going to Heaven, or going to Hell, is decided by the person, while they are alive on Earth.
God honors your choice after you die.

You can't be born again in Hell, and there are no born again in Hell.
There are 4 different Jesus' being taught in this world. 1 is the real one. And there are many requirements on a mortals part to be saved. There is no eternal suffering in reality. All that know God knows its fact. The blind guides( 2Cor 11:12-15) teach a literal eternal suffering, those teach a false Jesus.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your altered bible is misleading you. Check into facts before you lose. This system is almost done.
Not interested in your JW opinions! Just the Christian Bible that you reject!