Is God Sending Republican Voters a Message?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some race is descended from Canaan and Ham, and whatever race that is is cursed into being the servants of the other races.

Whatever race that is, cannot blame the people of those other races for their plight; but they can blame their ancestor Canaan who brought that curse upon them.
If you believe this, then you probably also believe it's right for Ham's descendants to be servants or slaves. If you think God decreed it because Noah cursed Ham and Canaan, then you would think it would be wrong to againts God's will.

25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Must not be watching the media that covered this. I heard it.

Lol, I was responding to something you said.

It's fine with me if Obama wants to bow or grovel, but he put our nation in a position of weakness by doing so as POTIS, IMO. On the other hand, I believe that Trump has put us in danger at times by his bravado. There, I criticized Trump; now you can criticize some Democrat, and we'll be even, lol!
Oh yes, Saudi Arabia really hurt the US after Obama bowed to the Saudi king. They invaded us, didn't they?

One of Obama's big mistakes was saying he was drawing a red line in Syria. When people crossed that line, he did nothing. Again it was too much bluff and bluster; and it made him look like a paper tiger.

Did Trump learn from that? No. When terrorists attacked where Americans were based, we saw more bluff and bluster. More attacks followed, and now the military is withdawing some of its forces from Iraq. Who won that round? I'd say Iran.

I also think Trump's plan to withdraw troops from Germany is a big problem. What's he trying to tell Germans -- that they can't count the US as a stable ally? Maybe they should get more friendly with Russia? That kind of move makes Russia more influential and the US less. It makes me wonder if Trump is a puppet of Putin. He did something similar in Syria, making Russia more influential there.

Nations in the Pacific area are also asking how wise it is to count on American support. Maybe they should become more friendly with China?

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if you consider the alternative in this upcoming election, you would vote for Trump as the lesser of two evils.

Biden is certainly not the Moses to his Pharaoh. If anything, it is the other way around.
I don't know yet who I will vote for. I need to find out more about the woman who won the nomination of the Libertarian Party. I am registered now as a Libertarian, so I might vote for her.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Donald Trump is no High Priest.

He is a ruler of the people; which is what the verse in question, quoted from the OT, is about.

Exo 22:28, Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Act 23:5, Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

"the ruler of thy people" does not only refer to the High Priest.

It refers to anyone bearing rule.

But I'll remember your argument in the case that Biden gets into office...it will be a perfect excuse ro speak evil of him in spite of the verses in question...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I show respect for the President, I'm showing respect for the American people who put him in office.
And I suppose that because you hate them, you hold him in disrespect also.

I know that you will very likely deny it...nevertheless it is the logical conclusion.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought Trump was President with all the powers of the presidency. I didn't know the Democrats could force him to do anything. And people want to give him another four years after being a puppet of the Democrats?

In the United States, the people are sovereign. The people rule.

Should Trump be ruling or should it be the people?

Which one is it?

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Candidus, that mantle of worshiping God, with hoods and burning crosses, was passed to the Republicans when the Dixiecrats converted en masse to the Republican Party after the civil rights legislation of the 1960s. Of course you know this. That is the heritage of the recent Republican Party's shame and why it has been seeking to subvert civil rights legislation for the past 30 years.

Christ commands us to do unto others as you would have them do unto you and to love one another as he has loved us. In this, there is no place for racism for a Christian.
Sad to say, someone who claimed to be in the KKK (who knows if he is or if he's suffering from racist delusions), ran his truck into protesters in Virginia.

Guns and 'grand dragon robe' seized from home of avowed KKK leader accused of driving into protest

A Hanover County man who told police he was “the highest-ranking member” of the Ku Klux Klan in Virginia and had been coordinating efforts to “defend” Confederate monuments was denied bond Wednesday for charges stemming from an encounter with protesters in Henrico County on Sunday.

Harry H. Rogers, 36, is charged with attempted malicious wounding, felony vandalism, and assault and battery. His attorney, George Townsend, didn’t respond to messages seeking comment.

I wonder if he'd been drinking.

Police stopped Rogers and arrested him a short time later. That’s when Rogers told the officers that he was “the highest ranking member of the KKK in Virginia” and that he was coordinating 20 other members to “defend” the monuments in the city, Taylor said. Rogers also told officers to “check him out” on social media, she said.

Inside his truck, officers found KKK memorabilia including patches, literature and a manifesto.

“Many firearms were removed” from the home Rogers shares with his girlfriend, Taylor said. Authorities also found a vest with extended magazine clips, ammunition, and a “green grand dragon robe,” which Huberman told the judge that Rogers had been seen wearing in media reports.

What a tragedy that people get so wound up they drive into a crowd of people. These people call themselves Christians?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know that you will very likely deny it...nevertheless it is the logical conclusion.
I have contempt for Trump and people like him; but I would not go so far as to show disrepect. I consider him a vile person and must feel contempt.

Psalm 15:1 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
. . . .
4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

Job 32:21 Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man.
22 For I know not to give flattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away.

I do not chase after rich or famous people. They don't impress me. One day when I was working in a drugstore in Maryland, another clerk came to tell me Rosalyn Carter was up front shopping. I didn't rush out to gawk. So what? If she wanted to shop, I figured let her shop in peace.

Remember how Eljiah showed respect for Ahab by running in front of his chariot. Why did he do that? Ahab was a king, so he shouldn't have to drive alone. Elijah thus accompanied him although Ahab was a vile person.

1 Kings 18:45 And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel.
46 And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes, Saudi Arabia really hurt the US after Obama bowed to the Saudi king. They invaded us, didn't they?

One of Obama's big mistakes was saying he was drawing a red line in Syria. When people crossed that line, he did nothing. Again it was too much bluff and bluster; and it made him look like a paper tiger.

Did Trump learn from that? No. When terrorists attacked where Americans were based, we saw more bluff and bluster. More attacks followed, and now the military is withdawing some of its forces from Iraq. Who won that round? I'd say Iran.

I also think Trump's plan to withdraw troops from Germany is a big problem. What's he trying to tell Germans -- that they can't count the US as a stable ally? Maybe they should get more friendly with Russia? That kind of move makes Russia more influential and the US less. It makes me wonder if Trump is a puppet of Putin. He did something similar in Syria, making Russia more influential there.

Nations in the Pacific area are also asking how wise it is to count on American support. Maybe they should become more friendly with China?
Well then, I guess these are all "good" reasons to hate him and mock him........ It's just not very becoming for a Christian to do this.

I have contempt for Trump and people like him; but I would not go so far as to show disrepect. I consider him a vile person and must feel contempt.

Psalm 15:1 Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?
. . . .
4 In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the LORD. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

Job 32:21 Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man.
22 For I know not to give flattering titles; in so doing my maker would soon take me away.

I do not chase after rich or famous people. They don't impress me. One day when I was working in a drugstore in Maryland, another clerk came to tell me Rosalyn Carter was up front shopping. I didn't rush out to gawk. So what? If she wanted to shop, I figured let her shop in peace.

Remember how Eljiah showed respect for Ahab by running in front of his chariot. Why did he do that? Ahab was a king, so he shouldn't have to drive alone. Elijah thus accompanied him although Ahab was a vile person.

1 Kings 18:45 And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel.
46 And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.

I could really go to town with what you say here, but I won't. I'll just share a personal insight. Whenever I hear myself or anyone else say "people like them," I know that there is judgment involved. IOW, I or the other person is stereotyping and judging the "people like them." It's a sure sign that self-righteousness is at work because I would never be like "those people."

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is a ruler of the people; which is what the verse in question, quoted from the OT, is about.

Exo 22:28, Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Act 23:5, Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people.

"the ruler of thy people" does not only refer to the High Priest.

It refers to anyone bearing rule.

But I'll remember your argument in the case that Biden gets into office...it will be a perfect excuse ro speak evil of him in spite of the verses in question...
First of all, "gods" can also be translated as "judges." I read it that way, and I found Trump's comment about a Latino judge remarkably crude and racist. Secondly, there were no kings or presidents when Exodus was written. My guess is "ruler" means your tribal leader, but I don't know. What is certain is that it doesn't mean a king. Israel was allowed to have a king not because God wanted them to have one but because they longed for one. So God let them have their way. If their kings ruled poorly, it wasn't God's fault. They got what they asked for.

There is another key difference between the kings of Israel and Presidents of the US. The kings of Israel were annointed by the legitimate High Priest and thus could be rightfully be called "messiah" or "anointed." That being the case, we see David refusing to raise his hand against Saul.

Donald Trump was not consecrated by a Pope or a High Priest.

No, I think my attitude is like God's when Israel wanted a king. The American voters have the right to choose whoever they want. Trump was lawfully elected. If they wanted a vile person to govern, then so be it. Who am I to object to their wishes?
Should Trump be ruling or should it be the people?

Which one is it?
It is still the people. They can remove him at the next election if they want or they can re-elect him. He is there to represent the nation's people. I also believe in the rights of the House and Senate. They too represent the people legitimately. Thus if the House wants to impeach a President and the Senate chooses to acquit him, that is their right as representatives of the people under the Constitution. I may not like certain members of Congress; but I think it's their right to elect people even if I don't like them.

Another thing I don't like about Trump is how he tries to intimidate mayors and govenors if they don't agree with him. He is not in charge of everything in the US. He will fail if he thinks he is. No one person can control every aspect of life in all fifty states. It would be better if he allowed governors to do as they see fit. After all, they are accountable to the people who elected them, not to Trump. It would be nice if Trump showed some respect for democracy and people's choices instead of trying to make everyone bow down to him.

Right now, Trump is risking another catastrophic hit in the polls by bashing governors over being too slow to reopen. If coronavirus makes a comeback in states that reopened while the cases were still rising, Trump will be blamed for pressuring them. It would have been more sensible for him to say while he has certain wishes, it's up to the governors what happens in their states. I understand his desire to get the economy moving again, but he should realize he's not a dictator. The governors of states have certain powers he doesn't. He was openly trying to undermine governors by tweeting "Revolution" over coronavirus. He has not kept his promises about law and order, not when he's actively tried to undermine Congress, the courts and governors. His idea of law and order is to rely on brute force to impose his personal will. Now he has a different kind revolution on his hands.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then, I guess these are all "good" reasons to hate him and mock him........ It's just not very becoming for a Christian to do this.
It may not have been becoming then for Jesus to criticize the people he did. John the Baptist lost his head by offending Herod.
I could really go to town with what you say here, but I won't. I'll just share a personal insight. Whenever I hear myself for anyone else say "people like them," I know that there is judgment involved. IOW, I or the other person is stereotyping and judging the "people like them." It's a sure sign that self-righteousness is at work because I would never be like "those people."
The people that come to my mind are Dutert in the Philippines and Bolsonaro in Brazil. There is judgment involved.

John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Someone waving a Bible doesn't impress me. Trump's alleged devotion to Christianity doesn't impress me. I see someone who would say or do anything if he thought it was to his advantage and he could get away with it.

Does that mean I think he has to wind up in hell? No, I would not judge him like that; but I will not flatter a contemptible person. You are not doing a vile person any favors by telling him everything he's doing is great. Thus we see propherts chastising kings at times. Flattering them would have been wrong.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump's alleged devotion to Christianity doesn't impress me. I see someone who would say or do anything if he thought it was to his advantage and he could get away with it.

Trump's "devotion to Christianity" has been more than "alleged." Many Christian leaders have met with him. I've read what these leaders have to say. But I suppose you'll mock this as well.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump's "devotion to Christianity" has been more than "alleged." Many Christian leaders have met with him. I've read what these leaders have to say. But I suppose you'll mock this as well.
I could mock many of those so-called religious leaders who kiss his butt shamelessly.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could mock many of those so-called religious leaders who kiss his butt shamelessly.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
I’m not surprised that you would mock them as well. Mockers mock! But then again, you haven’t done even a fraction of the good that some of them, like Franklin Graham, have done. So, mock away, but I’m sure that the millions who have been helped by his ministry (or the ministry of others who have worked with Trump) would NOT share your views.

Last edited:

bukka

Jun 7, 2020
Western North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For myself, I shall follow Jesus Christ, the Lord. I will not follow any other "anointed" leaders who demands unquestioning obedience, such as the "anointed" leader in the White House. For me, Christ is the only anointed one to follow.

I think that God is sending Republicans many messages and that they are refusing to listen. And so God is now having the Millenial generation and the generation following that generation leave or not coming into the Christian faith. I'm not saying that Christianity will disappear in America, but that God prefers non-Christians to those who falsely profess to be Christians.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not surprised that you would mock them as well. Mockers mock! But then again, you haven’t done even a fraction of the good that some of them, like Franklin Graham, have done. So, mock away, but I’m sure that the millions who have been helped by his ministry (or the ministry of others who have worked with Trump) would NOT share your views.
I'll grant you that Graham isn't as outrageous as some of the others; but do remember he wasn't that impressed by Trump until Trump starting winning primaries. And remember too that Graham is doing quite nicely for himself financially. He's probably more savvy about finances than Trump.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For myself, I shall follow Jesus Christ, the Lord. I will not follow any other "anointed" leaders who demands unquestioning obedience, such as the "anointed" leader in the White House. For me, Christ is the only anointed one to follow.

I think that God is sending Republicans many messages and that they are refusing to listen. And so God is now having the Millenial generation and the generation following that generation leave or not coming into the Christian faith. I'm not saying that Christianity will disappear in America, but that God prefers non-Christians to those who falsely profess to be Christians.

Psalm 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.

Reactions: bukka

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll grant you that Graham isn't as outrageous as some of the others; but do remember he wasn't that impressed by Trump until Trump starting winning primaries. And remember too that Graham is doing quite nicely for himself financially. He's probably more savvy about finances than Trump.

I really don't want to spend my whole day calling you out on your bigotry, but I will if I have to!!

You say that "Graham isn't as outrageous as some of the others"??? Do you even have a clue all that Franklin Graham's ministry Samaritan's Purse does to help MILLIONS of people around the world. Check out their website, for crying out loud!

Perhaps you're not aware that Samaritan's Purse set up a field hospital in Central Park to help those infected with COVID-19. Instead of thanking these healthcare workers, the silly mayor of New York TAXED them! When asked about the tax, Franklin graciously explained that donors covered it. He could have made a political statement about it, but he chose not to.

Samaritan's Purse has been on the ground with tents, hot meals, blankets, and other necessities in MANY disasters worldwide. They are often at these sites before governments have their people there. They have coordinated volunteers to help repair or rebuild homes. They have distributed millions of Christmas gifts to needy children around the world. Most of these children have NEVER received a gift in their lives, much less a box filled with goodies (including basic toiletry and school supplies) that most American children take for granted. They have drilled wells to give people clean water in places where women have to walk a mile or more every single day to get water that is contaminated with parasites.

Samaritan's Purse has provided many people in other countries a means to support themselves, meaning to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.... I especially appreciate this last one because there was a time that I had a hard time doing this for me and my kids after my husband died. There's a lot more I could say about this, but suffice it to say that God was faithful and provided for us!

I could say A LOT more about all of this, but I really do have other things to do today.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't want to spend my whole day calling you out on your bigotry, but I will if I have to!!

You say that "Graham isn't as outrageous as some of the others"??? Do you even have a clue all that Franklin Graham's ministry Samaritan's Purse does to help MILLIONS of people around the world. Check out their website, for crying out loud!.
Do you know what salary he draws from that charity? Do you know what his salary from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is?

The tax problem was over income of people who came from out of state working for Samaritan's Purse, wasn't it? You don't think they should pay income tax?

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what salary he draws from that charity? Do you know what his salary from Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you even read my post??? I'll tell you what, why don't ask the people worldwide who have the necessities of life because Samaritan's Purse helped them!

Reactions: Grailhunter