Is God speeding up time

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Or is it just me, because it definitely seems like people in their 50s/60s a decade ago had more time than I do now (I’m 41)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
If we stopped time for only the earth wouldn't the sun appear as a laser beam scorching the surface of the earth with solar radiation?

Or conversely if time were sped up for only the earth black body radiation would cause it to freeze.

Yet the sun and earth are all within the same reference frame. We wouldn't know if things were speeding up or slowing down within our own solar system... But for the brightness of stars.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or is it just me, because it definitely seems like people in their 50s/60s a decade ago had more time than I do now (I’m 41)
Interesting. We have technology to help us do things, but staying on top of technology can be time-consuming.

Reactions: ScottA

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Interesting. We have technology to help us do things, but staying on top of technology can be time-consuming.
It seems to be true for anyone I've talked to about it, that time does seem to keep going faster and faster as we get older. I think it's an age thing - I don't think time is really going faster. (Or can God speed up time for one person, but not another?)

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well when you read about the likes of Madonna and Elton John touring the world in their 60s/70s, maybe God is speeding up time for some people and not others

Apache1

Nov 19, 2022
Norwich
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Incidentally, why does time even move faster in the first place. You’d think it would move at the same rate no matter what age you are so you have more opportunities to help others

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Incidentally, why does time even move faster in the first place. You’d think it would move at the same rate no matter what age you are so you have more opportunities to help others
The reason time can appear to fly but also to stand still, is because it is an illusion, both scientifically and with God. The answer to it speeding up, is that desperation has increased...a pinch of desperation and it's a whole different pie. Peace like a river ambles along, but stress is a torrent.