Is homosexuality something God can redeem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear All,

Compassion does not mean acceptance any more than feeling badly for an
animal caught in a trap means you approve of the trap. Jesus had a lot of
compassion on the woman caught in the very act of adultery but nevertheless He
said go and sin no more.
Whenever anyone - which appears to be MOST Christians - monotonously bleat out those cliched words, "Go and sin no more" I ask them, "Do YOU adhere to those words yourself?" This is usually followed by either silence or ...ah, um, er . . .

So, Justin, I'll ask the same of you. Do YOU adhere to the advice of Jesus to 'not sin' yourself? If you DO then you're perfect. Congratulations! If you DON'T then please stop using that text to aim at others.

Justin Mangonel said:
If there is a grey area in this debate it is in reference to those who may
be born with a condition that genetically predisposes them to same sex
relationships. In such cases, if they do indeed exist, then I would
assume God gives grace. However, for those who choose the gay
"lifestyle" I believe their choice of such behavior is sin and they
need to seek deliverance not matter how difficult the struggle is. The
scriptures, in my opinion do not leave room for any other conclusion.
Would you present these scriptures so that we can debate them? This IS a debating forum.

Whenever I say 'would you present these scriptures so that we can debate them' so many folks go into defensive mode and see this as some affront to God. It isn't. So, would you present the scriptures in question so that we can debate them? After all, you DID say that the scriptures leave no room for any other conclusion ...in your opinion. My opinion is that they do.

Justin Mangonel said:
I suppose I have a difficulty with those who want to turn compassion for
people caught in this snare into acceptance of this sin. It simply can't
be done for the scriptures are clear on this point. Does God give grace
where He can? Certainly. However, in no stretch of the scriptures
can one say that our Father now condones same sex relationships. Why
would He want to? He did not create male and female that way.
Okay. Again you're referring to scriptures that are 'clear' in their negative message toward same sex relationships as we refer to them today. Of course male and female were 'made that way' in order to procreate. But 'procreating' is not necessarily the goal behind someone's desiring to be intimate with someone ...whether they be heterosexual or homosexual. What many Christians do, as you are doing, is making people live in a perpetual state of fear of what is basically germane to their human nature. All emotions - particularly with regard to one's sexuality - are frowned on except for the emotion of guilt.

Anyway, you ignored my last post that asked questions of you so you may well do the same with this.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Just clarifying the O/P. Yes God can redeem a believer or a non-believer from homosexuality or any other sexually immoral sin. He can and he does. Check out some of your Churches. You will find plenty of ex homosexuals who have been redeemed by the blood of the lamb and continue to live a lifestyle where Jesus is their Lord and Savior...

your not helping them as Christians when you advocate for them. You are just making it harder for them to accept Jesus and easier for them to be accepted by world...think about it. :huh:

BB

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
KCKID
I don't know why the mods can't see it but the more time you spend here the more apparent it becomes your a pro homosexual, christian basher, bible spitting God mocker. You have no point no message and no business posing as a christian, pretending to entertain the notion.

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Angelina said:
God's word is very clear. Those who accept LGBT into their Church without challenging their lifestyle are compromising...such compromise will bring the world into their Church until they become secular and without God...A secular Church is a social club.

Shalom!
I agree that this is your religious belief, but not all Christians believe that Homosexuality is bad and\or is immoral. Christians do not agree on everything, and this topic is no different. If I as a Christian I choose to believe that homosexuality is acceptable, then that is between God and I. What two consenting adults do in private is between that couple and God.

I am not suggesting you should change your mind on this issue, just pointing out your perspective and religious belief belongs to solely to you; others are free to think, belief, and worship God in a different manner.

KCKID

Feb 14, 2013
Townsville, QLD. Australia
Rex said:
KCKID
I don't know why the mods can't see it but the more time you spend here the more apparent it becomes your a pro homosexual, christian basher, bible spitting God mocker. You have no point no message and no business posing as a christian, pretending to entertain the notion.
I realize that I make you most uncomfortable, Rex. I realize that you don't like me. I realize that you think you're better than I am. I realize that you think that God favors you and not me. I realize that I'm spending way too much time on this forum so I will leave you to your own little cocoon of self-righteousness.

Satisfied?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Angelina said:
Just clarifying the O/P. Yes God can redeem a believer or a non-believer from homosexuality or any other sexually immoral sin. He can and he does. Check out some of your Churches. You will find plenty of ex homosexuals who have been redeemed by the blood of the lamb and continue to live a lifestyle where Jesus is Lord their and Savior...

your not helping them as Christians when you advocate for them. You are just making it harder for them to accept Jesus and easier for them to be accepted by world...think about it. :huh:

BB
I agree. God can redeem a homosexual. But the choice is up to the homosexual. Does he/she want to be redeem or prefer to go on living a homosexual lifestyle. Any person who advocates for homosexuality or same sex marriage is only making it harder for them to accept Christ.

Furthermore, research studies show that gay men have more STDs than heterosexual men. And so this is the reason why God put a restriction on homosexual relations. It only does them more harm than good. As a Christian I would not approve a lifestyle that research studies have shown to cause more harm than good to the person.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
KCKID said:
I realize that I make you most uncomfortable, Rex. I realize that you don't like me. I realize that you think you're better than I am. I realize that you think that God favors you and not me. I realize that I'm spending way too much time on this forum so I will leave you to your own little cocoon of self-righteousness.

Satisfied?
If you think you make me uncomfortable your mistaken and the few interactions we have I believe it was you that went crickets.
But yes by all means leave. Your exactly as I described, maybe your uncomfortable with revelation some may have of your motive.

I've made it very clear I don't entertain people like yourself with endless volleys, go and do as you please I support your right to do so, to be what you like.
But that doesn't mean I'm going to invite you over for thanksgiving. Its only to say your desires and wants are best met some where else.

You did a very good job of making my point Jack,======>>> better served somewhere else

JackSafari said:
I agree that this is your religious belief, but not all Christians believe that Homosexuality is bad and\or is immoral. Christians do not agree everything, and this topic is no different. If I as a Christian I choose to believe that homosexuality is acceptable, then that is between God and I. What two consenting adults do in private is between that couple and God.

I am not suggesting you should change your mind on this issue, just pointing out your perspective and religious belief belongs to solely to you; others are free to think, belief, and worship God in a different manner.

My signature is not very evident but I'm under no illusion about my ability to change people or argue them into the kingdom. You have chosen to decline so my jobs finished. Others may be under the illusion that with enough disagreement you'll come around, I don't believe that kind of personal revelation comes from endless disagreement.

It's not my job to open peoples eyes, it's my job to provide the opportunity.

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Rex, what you're suggesting is that Christians who disagree with your religious beleifs are not welcome. Christians that support friends, family, and co-workers is what is good in Christianity. I do not condemn anyone, and do not believe as a Christian, that God is concerned with the sex lives anyone, and if God is, then that is between God and each individual, is not a matter for pubic concern.

I love the scene in "A River Runs through it" (one of my favorite movies), where Brad Pitt is fly fishing, and he breaks from this father's teachings and becomes a master fisherman of his own. It's very symbolic of both religion and life; at some point there is more to know and understand that what has been taught.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
JackSafari said:
Rex, what you're suggesting is that Christians who disagree with your religious beleifs are not welcome. Christians that support friends, family, and co-workers is what is good in Christianity. I do not condemn anyone, and do not believe as a Christian, that God is concerned with the sex lives anyone, and if God is, then that is between God and each individual, is not a matter for pubic concern.

I love the scene in "A River Runs through it" (one of my favorite movies), where Brad Pitt is fly fishing, and he breaks from this father's teachings and becomes a master fisherman of his own. It's very symbolic of both religion and life; at some point there is more to know and understand that what has been taught.
Actually, it is incorrect to say that God is not concern with anyone's sex life. Adultery is a sexual immorality and God specifically commanded us not to commit adultery; therefore, He is indeed concern with man's sex life. To say that God is not concern with the sex lives of anyone is false and incorrect.

And it is of public concern because as the research study points out, engaging in anal sex most likely results in high rates of STD.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is the Word of God that disagrees Jack.

2 Timothy 3:16 says:
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

If you want to do your own thing then stop calling yourself a Christian.... :huh:

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Angelina said:
It is the Word of God that disagrees Jack.

2 Timothy 3:16 says:
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

If you want to do your own thing then stop calling yourself a Christian.... :huh:
God does not disagree with me, you do, and that's OK. Supporting friends, family, and co-workers is a Christian thing to do even when other Christians do not agree.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
JackSafari said:
God does not disagree with me, you do, and that's OK. Supporting friends, family, and co-workers is a Christian thing to do even when other Christians do not agree.
Actually, it depends on what one is supporting them for that determines whether it is a Christian thing to do. I don't think that supporting a family member who wants to commit abortion would be very Christian-like. It would be more Christian if one were to encourage the family member NOT to commit abortion and offer alternatives such as adoption. The same goes for homosexuality.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
JackSafari said:

Jack your friend KCKID has spent considerable time pointing out different beliefs, you yourself just said
Now I'll repeat myself to dispel the straw-man your busy stuffing to repeat that your beliefs are better served some where else.

You two come here knowing that nearly everyone here disagrees with your brand of Christianity. Then accuse us of being bigots and not truly walking with God. On the contrary it is you that comes here making us unwelcome in our own community when their are communities out there that believe as you do.

It is you that place yourself here, I'm only stating the obvious you and KCKID would be better served somewhere else.

Rex, what you're suggesting is that Christians who disagree with your religious beleifs are not welcome.
You and KCKID have made it known that those that disagree with your opinion that homosexuality is not a sin ---->>>> your in disagreement with. In other words we are not welcome according to your beliefs as well. The difference is, you two are out knocking on doors and getting upset when people don't invite you in.

So drop the straw-man and take your own advice (others are free to think, belief, and worship God in a different manner)
I could careless what you choose to do but quit trying to convict or convince me other wise, and go find some like minded forum instead of evangelizing for homosexuality.

I also find it most interesting that the female members here are the ones that spend the most time arguing with you, I'm not quite sure what to make of that If anything.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Obviously the scriptures I gave you went over your head...read your bible and find out for yourself. If you want to or you advocate for lifestyles that God says are not acceptable in his sight and earns you not to have a place in heaven, that's just fine with me...just be honest and don't call yourself something you are not. Christians are followers of Jesus not followers after the desires of their own sexual lustful flesh...

JackSafari

Mar 5, 2013
Rex, When I respond to a person, I am responding to a specific person. I do not make assumptions that others agree or disagree with you. I know there are others that understand the points I've been making, but do not want to enter this discussion, so its not like I am the only one in this forum who supports their others that happen to be gay. I support them because they are good people, who do good things for others. They are normal people.

I am not attempting to change your mind on this issue, simply pointing out that other Christians do support LGBT friends, family, co-workers. What two consenting adults do in private is nobody else business. If you think its immoral, then that is your opinion, some will agree with you, and some will not. Don't take offense when there is a disagreement, its simply a disagreement. I don't want to change your religious beleifs, only God has the ability to do that.

Angelina said:
Obviously the scriptures I gave you went over your head...read your bible and find out for yourself. If you want to or you advocate for lifestyles that God says are not acceptable in his sight and earns you not to have a place in heaven, that's just fine with me...just be honest and don't call yourself something you are not. Christians are followers of Jesus not followers after the desires of their own sexual lustful flesh...
I don't engage in Bible quote wars. Seen far too many of them, and so I simply ignore them. I have seen bible quotes wars used to justify pretty much any possible religious belief such as "A Christian wife should never question her husband", "The white race is superior to all other races", "All forms of contraception are wrong", "Non-Christians have no morals", "Masturbation is a sin that will cause blindness", etc, etc, etc.

If person has a point, then (with me) they need to verbalize it in there own words.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yet the bible is the very word that brings salvation... :unsure: correction, reproof and training in righteousness...sad. The "oldman" is obviously alive and kicking then... Galatians 5:16,17

There is nothing more to say about this subject without it getting out of hand. I think that everyone who reads this can get a pretty good grasp of what this thread has been about. People may change but God does not, he remains the same and so does his word. If you want to follow Jesus you have to let go of the things of the world....It's that simple. You cannot have your feet in both camps.

Blessings! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.