1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is intimacy important in a Christian marriage?

Discussion in 'The Church Forum' started by Lamb, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Lamb

Lamb New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Should I be intimate with my partner at all times?

2. Jay Ross

Jay Ross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Hello

I am intimate with my wife all of the time, because being intimate with my wife is much bigger than just being intimate sexually.

The hardest part is learning what intimacy really means in all of its expressions.

3. quietthinker

quietthinker Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    well, in the supermarket might be a bit tricky but if you find a suitable spot on the beach you'll just need to be mindful of the sand :)

Lambano likes this.
  4. Lambano

Lambano Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Should I assume you're talking about sexual intimacy? (We men do think about that a lot.) My goodness, you'll wear the poor man out. :D

Yes, spiritual and emotional (and yes, sometimes physical) intimacy is important in Christian marriage. See, wasn't that easy? Can you have spiritual and emotional intimacy with your spouse at all times? That would be ideal, but this is a fallen world. Jobs and kids and money problems and disagreements and the like, you know. And may God keep you from the three A's, Adultery, Abuse and Addiction.

When my wife and I went through premarital counseling, our pastor encouraged us to develop spiritual intimacy with God first. That turned out to be wise advice.

5. Lambano

Lambano Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Good to start my Friday morning with a chuckle!

quietthinker likes this.
  6. Wynona

Wynona Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Ecclesiastes says there is a time for everything. While physical intimacy is very important and a huge blessing in marriage, it by itself cannot sustain a marriage.

Im thinking of couples who for whatever reason are unable to have sex. If this is the case, the commitment and marriage vows still apply as you both work through the issue.

I believe the Bible calls us to voluntarily offer our bodies to one another in marriage as a way of covering each other. Will there be times when one person asks for a break and it doesn't happen? Sure. Thats normal.

Just try not to withhold sex or as some sort of manipulation tactic to get your way.

Pearl, Episkopos and Lambano like this.
  7. Pearl

Pearl Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    Intimacy with God is vital in a marriage as this relationship will give your human relationship stability. And physical intimacy with your spouse is also important as it helps tighten the bond between you so that during difficult or trying times you will have an anchor; both to God and to your life partner. It will be very difficult to live through those tough times that are part of daily life without the support of a person who knows you intimately and also without the strength we are given by the Holy Spirit.

Lambano likes this.
  8. Joerg

Joerg New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Azerbaijan
    Of course. "a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh". Intimacy is important in marriage, no matter a Christian marriage or not.

9. Faithfully

Faithfully New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Very important. God said that we shouldnt be seperated. And marriage is two seperated parts become one. Learn everything about your partner, his/her love secrets and love language. As a married woman, I found it's very important that having a healthy intimacy. We got married two years ago.