Is it a sin for a Christian to vote for a Democrat?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know! They definitely stand for things god calls abomination, but many on the right support many of the same things!
I disagree, of the things I listed I don't think too many Republicans are going to side on these issues.

As Christians most times when we vote for people to hold office, we simply just have to hold our noses and vote for the lesser of two evils.
I understand your point. Do we have perfect politicians? I think not. If Christians wait for a perfect politician to emerge, they take themselves out of the equation and turn the country over to the godless. It is the down right evil objectives that ya have to take into consideration first and foremost. The things I put together in that post are not the common disagreements, it is the over the top issues that you could see Satan applauding.

The United States as ambassadors....that is true....but also leaders....in biblical times God assigned champions. We are it....we are the last that will take a stand to fight evil....Who would stand between Israel and her enemies, and now we have the evil from within. Historically, no empire or kingdom has lasted forever....if we fall, that is it, the world will be totally under the control of Satan....no one to oppose him. Communism, anarchy, the wholesale murder of babies will continue, complete total sexual depravity, drug gangs and mobs will rule and our own country will persecute Christians. Got to take a stand before it is too late

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been pleasantly surprised at Trump's pro-life policies. I didn't expect this from him, but he has delivered!
Yup.

I reluctantly voted for him 4 years ago because I would NEVER vote for Hillary and the evil Democrat agenda..
He has proven himself over and over and has kept his promises - even in the face of non-stop attacks from the Leftist media and phony Democrat hoaxes.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree, of the things I listed I don't think too many Republicans are going to side on these issues.

I understand your point. Do we have perfect politicians? I think not. If Christians wait for a perfect politician to emerge, they take themselves out of the equation and turn the country over to the godless. It is the down right evil objectives that ya have to take into consideration first and foremost. The things I put together in that post are not the common disagreements, it is the over the top issues that you could see Satan applauding.

The United States as ambassadors....that is true....but also leaders....in biblical times God assigned champions. We are it....we are the last that will take a stand to fight evil....Who would stand between Israel and her enemies, and now we have the evil from within. Historically, no empire or kingdom has lasted forever....if we fall, that is it, the world will be totally under the control of Satan....no one to oppose him. Communism, anarchy, the wholesale murder of babies will continue, complete total sexual depravity, drug gangs and mobs will rule and our own country will persecute Christians. Got to take a stand before it is too late

I believe Trump was raised up by God! I say a movie from the mid 2000"s where a man was given a prophecy saying Trump would be president.

I could never vote for a democrat as long as they hold to the positions they do! I just don't know if God takes as much concern about American politics as we do! He cares and wishes to bless nations, but I just won't berate a person for voting for a Biden. I will tall them I think they are wrong, but I just can't go so far to call it sin. It could be, but I can't be firm about it.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hereby rename them DEMONRATS!

@Huperetes Sorry for dragging you into this.

Is this what you would call righteous judgement @Prayer Warrior @teamventure? Or is this just namecalling from the Right? Or perhaps it might be even considered cursing?

I would like to know your opinions on this. Because we are not meant to curse other humans as New Testament Christians at all.

What are we meant to do? We are even meant to "Bless those who curse you."

Perhaps I even question does this kind of talk bring people to Christ? Or push them away from Christ?

If there is power in the tongue of life and death, is it good speaking words like this? If we want people to come to Christ?

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more comments I read in this thread, which reeks of self-righteousness, the more insight I gain on how it must have been with the Pharisees in Jesus' time. The Pharisees also loved to sit around and pompously declare themselves to be more righteous than other sinners. If I was a non-Christian and I read through this thread, I wouldn't want anything to do with the Christian faith of those who use words like "Demonrats" or who resort to applying other malicious and derogatory terms to describe the people they obviously hate. I'd know enough about Jesus' teachings to know that Christians are called to love others as they love themselves, to love and pray for their enemies, and turn the other cheek. Considering the hatefulness displayed in this thread, I have to ask... what happened to Jesus' command of "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven"? I can't imagine how calling Democrats "demonrats" is a good work that glorifies God.

I hope there aren't any non-Christians reading this thread because if they are, then I humbly apologize for what you're reading here. I want you to know that what's been said in this thread DOES NOT represent the way Jesus Christ commands His followers to treat other people. Christians are called to be representatives of our Lord and Savior, and imitate Him. As a Christian, I'm embarrassed of what's being said in this thread. I sincerely hope that you won't allow the spiteful behavior you've seen displayed in this thread push you away from God and His Son, Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ told His disciples to love another another... “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” - John 13:34-35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." - Galatians 5:22-26

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is this what you would call righteous judgement @Prayer Warrior @teamventure? Or is this just namecalling from the Right? Or perhaps it might be even considered cursing?

I would like to know your opinions on this. Because we are not meant to curse other humans as New Testament Christians at all.

Perhaps I even question does this kind of talk bring people to Christ? Or push them away from Christ?

If there is power in the tongue of life and death, is it good speaking words like this? If we want people to come to Christ?

Is it right for a Christian to be so huggie kissy with Satan....
If you never identify what they are doing is wrong, is that even fair to them?....Headed to hell and not even know why.
1st Corinthians 5:5 I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ preached love and compassion and forgiveness, agreed. So back to the topic where is all that love for the 600,000 babies murdered every year. Do they not count? Do not the scriptures also address them? Does Christ exclude them from His love and compassion? Do the Democrats express there love for humanity by murdering 600,000 babies a year. Is it really the only choice? Or is murder more convenient?

In case you have not noticed that is a 6 with five 0's. Do you believe Christ believes in justice? Do you believe Christ supports abortion? Oh, huggy and Kissy the bloodthirsty evil! What do you think Christ thinks of people that murder babies? That support it through their votes. "I do not believe in God and I vote for murdering babies and communism!" that should be their battle cry!

Do not resist evil...turn the other cheek....should we turn it over to the communists now? Should we not resist the evils of the world? The Democrats want us to believe what they believe...should we join them? Well, people do every time they vote for a Democrat.....Should we be concerned about innocence murdered? Do those compassionate scriptures included babies?

And it is not only the babies, its the mothers that are hoodwink into this despicable evil. They do not council mothers on the downside of abortion....and like I said the female councilors are not allowed to say anything negative about abortion, that is the law. So the mothers are totally unprepared when their babies scream as they are being murdered! And it does happen, know that for sure. Where are is all the lovey dovey stuff for the babies? Why don't you quote scriptures for the murdered babies. There comes a time when you need to be not only honest with others, but with yourself.....where do you stand? Do you stand with evil? Do you shake a Bible to try to justify evil?

Exactly. Murderers will not inherit the kingdom of God no matter what they say, the Democrat platform is a platform of baby murder and those who are Democrats are accomplices to baby murder. A Christian can not be an accomplice to baby murder. We are not even associate with such an evil one

But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

1 Corinthians 5:11

Last edited:

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As Christians, we are responsible for our behavior and our Christian witness. We will be held accountable for the way we treat other people.

Does the hateful behavior of a Christian toward another person they personally despise not matter? People can either be drawn to Jesus Christ or pushed away from Him by how they are treated by Christians. Christians can be a blessing or they can be stumbling block to others.

Sadly, the latter seems to be the norm these days among many Christians who support Donald Trump. They imitate his unchristian behavior by resorting to malicious and spiteful name-calling or spouting off hateful and derogatory remarks toward the people they personally despise.

Christians are called to imitate Jesus Christ and be representatives of Him to the world around us.

Christians aren't called to imitate Donald Trump and his hateful behavior toward Democrats or anyone else he doesn't like.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more comments I read in this thread, which reeks of self-righteousness, the more insight I gain on how it must have been with the Pharisees in Jesus' time. The Pharisees also loved to sit around and pompously declare themselves to be more righteous than other sinners. If I was a non-Christian and I read through this thread, I wouldn't want anything to do with the Christian faith of those who use words like "Demonrats" or who resort to applying other malicious and derogatory terms to describe the people they obviously hate. I'd know enough about Jesus' teachings to know that Christians are called to love others as they love themselves, to love and pray for their enemies, and turn the other cheek. Considering the hatefulness displayed in this thread, I have to ask... what happened to Jesus' command of "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven"?

I hope there aren't any non-Christians reading this thread because if they are, then I humbly apologize for what you're reading here. I want you to know that what's been said in this thread DOES NOT represent the way Jesus Christ commands His followers to treat other people. Christians are called to be representatives of our Lord and Savior, and imitate Him.

1 John 4:20-21 "Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister."

1 John 3:15-18 "Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him. This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth."

James 3:9-12 "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."

Ephesians 4:29-32 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

Galatians 5:19-26 "The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."
Did they forget dumb-a-crats lol
To the contrary, no one here is proclaiming to be righteous or perfect or sinless....your post is your conscience talking.
And your attitude is shared by many, and they are fed-up. And they fall in many categories.
The criminals are fed-up with people looking down on them.
The drug users and drug pusher and traffickers are fed-up with people looking down on them.
Homosexuals and other sexual deviants are fed-up with people looking down on them
The abortionists are fed-up with people looking down on them.
The murderers are fed-up with people looking down on them.
The atheists are fed-up with people looking down on them.
The freeloaders and parasites are fed-up with people looking down on them.
Their obstetrical is God and morality.

It is all about this....they want to be accepted in society as equals. They don't like law enforcement or any type of authority...they certainly do not like prisons because they do not believe they should be held accountable.

So their answer is to openly deny God....the cancel culture....."We are not evil...this country and its history are evil!"
So they try to attack Christian morals and deny God and to make that national they attempt to turn this country to communism. They want to make drugs legal and feel they are fine upstanding citizens. I often ask druggies this question, "Do you plan on teaching your children how to use drugs properly?" Communism does not hold the value on life that Christians do...so as communists, killing babies is nothing! If you talk to abortionists, they do not consider babies human....even babies that are born alive...I hear there is a time frame where you can kill them...oops...Trump passed a law against that....sorry to disappoint you. And then there is the group that just do not want to work for what they have, they want it given to them...."Let those stupid people that work pay to support me!" Bottom line it is about the scum of earth objecting to people knowing that they are the scum of the earth.

Biden comes from a drug family and Kamala Harris is a self professed druggie so they are on there way. Politicians as druggies, politicians as pushers, Politicians as godless, politicians as abortionists. The only thing that stands between them and their goal is the American people, God, and the Bible. We will see. If Christians do not wake up, it will be their children that will pay the heavy price.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi, Josho, I wouldn't mind answering your questions except that it seems you already have your answers, and you expect me to agree with them. I look at what you're complaining about, and it's such child's play compared to the serious issues the world is facing.

Let's put this in perspective. How can you think this is a serious matter when millions upon millions of babies are murdered worldwide each and every year? And millions upon millions of people starve to death because evil dictators won't allow food and supplies to reach these people. And millions are enslaved and sold like animals....... These injustices are worth our discussion.

Get real, my friend. If calling someone a "demonrat" can keep them from salvation, then what kind of a God do we serve? I can assure you that God wouldn't allow such a silly thing to cause a person to suffer eternal damnation.

So, if someone calls you a demonrat, and you find this offensive, tell the person you love them, and pray for them! This is what I have done.

Last edited:

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's put this in perspective. How can you think this is a serious matter when millions upon millions of babies are murdered worldwide each and every year? And millions upon millions of people starve to death because evil dictators won't allow food and supplies to reach these people. And millions are enslaved and sold like animals....... These injustices are worth our discussion.

To some they are not. The first sentence is the whole reason for this thread and a certain mod is ignoring me, even then the Bible says we are to have nothing to do with those people who support baby murder. Some seem to think the Bible (especially the NT) is full of kumbaya and to get along and all that but conveniently skip the hard passage that tell us to flee from these type of people because they either don't like them or were taught lies.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
l

And I agree with you on the millions of avoidable deaths a year, more can be done to prevent them. However neither party is 100% pro-life.

However this does not change the Biblical fact, that we should not curse with our mouths. As Christians we are not to curse.

James 3:9-12

"Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right! Does a spring of water bubble out with both fresh water and bitter water? Does a fig tree produce olives, or a grapevine produce figs? No, and you can’t draw fresh water from a salty spring.

What about Proverbs 18:21
The tongue has the power of life and death...."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more comments I read in this thread, which reeks of self-righteousness, the more insight I gain on how it must have been with the Pharisees in Jesus' time. The Pharisees also loved to sit around and pompously declare themselves to be more righteous than other sinners. If I was a non-Christian and I read through this thread, I wouldn't want anything to do with the Christian faith of those who use words like "Demonrats" or who resort to applying other malicious and derogatory terms to describe the people they obviously hate. I'd know enough about Jesus' teachings to know that Christians are called to love others as they love themselves, to love and pray for their enemies, and turn the other cheek. Considering the hatefulness displayed in this thread, I have to ask... what happened to Jesus' command of "Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven"? I can't imagine how calling Democrats "demonrats" is a good work that glorifies God.

I hope there aren't any non-Christians reading this thread because if they are, then I humbly apologize for what you're reading here. I want you to know that what's been said in this thread DOES NOT represent the way Jesus Christ commands His followers to treat other people. Christians are called to be representatives of our Lord and Savior, and imitate Him. As a Christian, I'm embarrassed of what's being said in this thread. I sincerely hope that you won't allow the spiteful behavior you've seen displayed in this thread push you away from God and His Son, Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ told His disciples to love another another... “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” - John 13:34-35

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." - Galatians 5:22-26
NONSENSE.
We are also told in Scripture to JUDGE RIGHTLY.

We don't condemn a person' soul - but we ARE called upon to recognize bad fruit (Matt. 7:16-19) - and there is NO fruit that is MORE rotten than a person and an entire political party calling for Abortion on demand. This is an abomination before God - and ANYBODY who tries to rationalize this as a mere "political choice" SPITS in the face of Almighty God Himself.

Shame on ANYBODY who claims to belong to Christ yet votes for this abomination.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I agree with you on the millions of avoidable deaths a year, more can be done to prevent them. However neither party is 100% pro-life.

However this does not change the Biblical fact, that we should not curse with our mouths. As Christians we are not to curse.

Abortion is not the only injustice I addressed in my post.

I don't agree with you that name calling is the same thing as cursing someone. Jesus called the Pharisees "whitewashed tombs" and "brood of vipers." Do you think He was cursing with His mouth?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... the Bible says we are to have nothing to do with those people who support baby murder. ...

In my social conversations, I've advised young politically liberal Christians that GOD's essence is LIFE. And it was ONLY because of SIN that Death entered GOD's Creation. So as Christians, if we can't get the SIMPLE (the Premier Importance of LIFE), we probably won't get the more COMPLEX aspects of Society. And so if we excuse the MURDER of INNOCENT CHILDREN, there is no "offset" for that Child's LIFE by handing a homeless person a blanket, or plate of food, or anything else. -- That Child is DEAD and selfish men caused it.

But as we see in Society and even in this Christian Forum, there are self-centered people who call EVIL good, and GOOD evil having been deceived and/or attempting to deceive others. And although HELL has plenty of "space", it seems to me that HEAVEN is the better choice ... :)
Bobby Jo

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
GBLT or LGBT from the Christian stand point...they are not worthy of support. From the social stand point they can stand on their own. The legal side is persecution which is a crime..one that the Democrats would jump on but murdering a police man...that is ok.

poor and disabled....This is one that would be interesting to look up the facts. Just exactly what has the Democrats done for the disable Americans or Veterans for that matter.....ask around. It will always be the Republican's position not to dowel out money to the poor but rather give them the opportunity to work their way out of it....this is a founding principal, even as far back as the Plymouth colony....you don't work, you don't eat. The fact is, you just have people that are not motivated to support themselves. It is getting to be growing tread...ever heard of failure to launch....30 year olds living with their parents. As they say we will always have the poor, the reality of all time periods and areas....fact of life. In this country you have food stamps and food pantries.

And the homeless is another good example. There are a lot of reasons that people are homeless. Some are homeless by choice....some have mental conditions and or will not cooperate with anyone that tries to help them. Up in St. Louis the police will run off church groups that try to help them because they have had too many people mugged. The story of the homeless, there have been documentaries made on that.

As far as socialist vs communism....look it up and compare. To some degree we are already socialist, we have been moving that direction since FDR. There is a book out there on all the social programs and how to use them, it is over 2 inches thick. There is no clear dividing line accept control. Russia considers itself socialist. Like I said there are a few things that communists need to do when taking over....disarm the public....get control of the voting system....make the populous dependent on the government...persecution of Christians will follow....Right now the Democrats show a total disdain for God, Christianity, and country.

Giving money to the poor often is a failure as they do not know how to harvest it and turn it into something useful. Today it is happening more and more when mission societies give money to the poor they give the money to set them up in a self-sustaining business so that they can become independent and support themselves.

One of the most popular ways for women is to give them a sewing machine with which they can make clothes and sell them. They are already adept at this because they already make their own clothes as there are no Walmart or Amazon on the street corner. If they don't make their own clothes they have nothing to wear.

Much of the poverty overseas is due to governments controlling everything. Poor countries are usually run by dictators and if they are not poor when they become a dictator, they sure are by the time he has finished with the economy. Take China for instance. The average yearly wage is just under $10,000 yet the President is a billionaire. So much for socialism or communism.

If you have an economy where if anyone wants to work hard and earn money they can, that is the greatest incentive to work. Most of the people that own their own business started as employees and saw what could be achieved as their own employer and decided to step out and risk their money. The majority of capitalism is founded on such a concept. OK, there are big conglomerates that seem to control everything that happens but it does not alter the fact that anyone can have a go and succeed. And most conglomerates did not start as conglomerates. In my country, one of the two major food retailers started as a barrow at the local market. Then a small shop. Then another one was added. And then the rest is history.

In communism, everyone except the bosses gets paid the same so the mindset sets in if I am paid the same regardless of how much I do or don't do, there is no point in working hard. As a result, productivity is appalling and the products are expensive especially as the State owns the end product so I have no interest in what the outcome is. Whether I work hard or not I get the same wages.

A classic example of a Dictator destroying a country is Mugabe and Zimbabwe. When the whites ran the country it was a land flowing with milk and honey and considered one of the two breadbaskets of Africa the other being South Africa, also run by whites.

When the white government was overthrown by Mugabe, he quickly ransacked the wealth of the nation, killing off white farmers who had made the country what it was or taking their farms away from them and giving them to his henchmen who had no idea how to farm and in a matter of years it turned into a basket case from being a breadbasket. Not to worry because Mugabe lived in a palace built for himself with walls lined in gold and had his food flown in from France.

He had no idea how to run an economy and inflation was running at thousands of percent and whilst he lived in luxury the people, blacks in particular, had to pay a week's wages for a loaf of bread. In the end, the money became worthless so they had to ditch it and start using USA dollars to do business with.

When he took over the government, if he had left the whites in charge of their farms, they would in all probability be a thriving nation now. A clear case of absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giving money to the poor often is a failure as they do not know how to harvest it and turn it into something useful. Today it is happening more and more when mission societies give money to the poor they give the money to set them up in a self-sustaining business so that they can become independent and support themselves.

One of the most popular ways for women is to give them a sewing machine with which they can make clothes and sell them. They are already adept at this because they already make their own clothes as there are no Walmart or Amazon on the street corner. If they don't make their own clothes they have nothing to wear.

Much of the poverty overseas is due to governments controlling everything. Poor countries are usually run by dictators and if they are not poor when they become a dictator, they sure are by the time he has finished with the economy. Take China for instance. The average yearly wage is just under $10,000 yet the President is a billionaire. So much for socialism or communism.

If you have an economy where if anyone wants to work hard and earn money they can, that is the greatest incentive to work. Most of the people that own their own business started as employees and saw what could be achieved as their own employer and decided to step out and risk their money. The majority of capitalism is founded on such a concept. OK, there are big conglomerates that seem to control everything that happens but it does not alter the fact that anyone can have a go and succeed. And most conglomerates did not start as conglomerates. In my country, one of the two major food retailers started as a barrow at the local market. Then a small shop. Then another one was added. And then the rest is history.

In communism, everyone except the bosses gets paid the same so the mindset sets in if I am paid the same regardless of how much I do or don't do, there is no point in working hard. As a result, productivity is appalling and the products are expensive especially as the State owns the end product so I have no interest in what the outcome is. Whether I work hard or not I get the same wages.

A classic example of a Dictator destroying a country is Mugabe and Zimbabwe. When the whites ran the country it was a land flowing with milk and honey and considered one of the two breadbaskets of Africa the other being South Africa, also run by whites.

When the white government was overthrown by Mugabe, he quickly ransacked the wealth of the nation, killing off white farmers who had made the country what it was or taking their farms away from them and giving them to his henchmen who had no idea how to farm and in a matter of years it turned into a basket case from being a breadbasket. Not to worry because Mugabe lived in a palace built for himself with walls lined in gold and had his food flown in from France.

He had no idea how to run an economy and inflation was running at thousands of percent and whilst he lived in luxury the people, blacks in particular, had to pay a week's wages for a loaf of bread. In the end, the money became worthless so they had to ditch it and start using USA dollars to do business with.

When he took over the government, if he had left the whites in charge of their farms, they would in all probability be a thriving nation now. A clear case of absolute power corrupts absolutely.
You are spot on! Since you brought up the topic of charities I will share a short story with you. When I was young I had a few Divine encounters that involve charities so from my youth I have been involved with church charities and from the time I drew my first paycheck I arranged to have money withdrawn for charities. In the military it was CFC--Combined Federal Campaign and later on it was United Way and Feed the Children. As I got older I started to checking out the charities and got a little more selective. There is a charity out there called The International Fellowship of Christian and Jews and they help the elderly impoverished Jews in different areas. And I was wondering why elderly Jews were having problems in Israel? So I looked into it, and to make a long story short, it is a cultural issue, all the way back to Christ, the Jews have never been good at taking care of their elderly. So I shoot them twenty dollars a month.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Get real, my friend. If calling someone a "demonrat" can keep them from salvation, then what kind of a God do we serve?
The demonrats -- or as I prefer the demoncrats -- have already made their choices. They have rejected Christ by opting for Satan's agenda. How do we know this for a fact?

All the Demoncratic governors in the US used the pandemic restrictions to go after churches and Christians, and AT THE SAME TIME gave a free pass to the anarchists, the rioters, the looters, the arsonists, etc. Some wanted the police defunded and the criminals put in charge of their cities. Portland and Seattle are excellent examples. And Chicago has become the murder capital of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.