Is it ok to wear the Mexican flag at your graduation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Just read an article where a highschool graduate wore a Mexican flag as part of his graduation uniform. He was denied his diploma for breaking dresscode and protests followed in reaction to being denied.
Do you think the graduate was wrong for wearing the Mexican flag?
Do you think the school faculty was wrong for denying him his diploma?
Why or why not?
Let's discuss.

North Carolina student denied diploma after wearing Mexican flag over graduation gown

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Here's why:

1. It was against the dress code policy which from what I can gather was made known to him.

Well, that's pretty much it! Nothing more needs to be said. But there are other interesting things:

2. The issue was not because it was a Mexican flag. It was that it was a flag and an alteration to the dress code.
3. He is still receiving his diploma. He just didn't get it at the time.
4. Self expression was allowed via some kind of display board or something. He just didn't want to do it.
5. The article tries to throw shade by saying other students were allowed to do this or that....

Now, is the rule silly? Perhaps. But it is still a rule and he had the audacity to say he wasn't going to follow it. This is a terrible problem today... People don't think the rules apply to them if they don't like them.

In 1989 I broke a rule and told the judge I thought the rule was silly. It didn't go well for me. The judge told me he normally gives a slap on the wrist, but he gave me something more severe, but was still lienent in that I wasn't kick out of college.

In the end, this incident could've been handled better by the student. He could've negotiated and something could've been done to compromise. In the end, he seems like a bright young man and he still has his scholarship and will get his diploma.

But what is also concerning to me is the fact that its news and what the headline says. It makes you think he was denied a diploma because he's Mexican. But that is not the truth. It is a sensationalized headline.

Thats how the media works these days... Well, not these days... They've been doing it for centuries... We just haven't wised up.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely. For all intents and purposes Mexico and its drug cartels are at war with America. So if this person was so enamored with Mexico, why was he is the USA to begin with? Was he here illegally? And was he given a free pass and the royal treatment (which is being offered to illegals)?

America has become totally lawless since the summer of 2020. And the so-called law enforcement agencies such as DOJ, FBI, DHS. and ICE have become the law-breakers.

Reactions: teamventure

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Yes. Here's why:

1. It was against the dress code policy which from what I can gather was made known to him.

Well, that's pretty much it! Nothing more needs to be said. But there are other interesting things:

2. The issue was not because it was a Mexican flag. It was that it was a flag and an alteration to the dress code.
3. He is still receiving his diploma. He just didn't get it at the time.
4. Self expression was allowed via some kind of display board or something. He just didn't want to do it.
5. The article tries to throw shade by saying other students were allowed to do this or that....

Now, is the rule silly? Perhaps. But it is still a rule and he had the audacity to say he wasn't going to follow it. This is a terrible problem today... People don't think the rules apply to them if they don't like them.

In 1989 I broke a rule and told the judge I thought the rule was silly. It didn't go well for me. The judge told me he normally gives a slap on the wrist, but he gave me something more severe, but was still lienent in that I wasn't kick out of college.

In the end, this incident could've been handled better by the student. He could've negotiated and something could've been done to compromise. In the end, he seems like a bright young man and he still has his scholarship and will get his diploma.

But what is also concerning to me is the fact that its news and what the headline says. It makes you think he was denied a diploma because he's Mexican. But that is not the truth. It is a sensationalized headline.

Thats how the media works these days... Well, not these days... They've been doing it for centuries... We just haven't wised up.

Thank You for the reply.
Yes, I also noticed that the news article was particularly rigged for an agenda and biased. It's what we've come to expect from todays media.

Reactions: FHII

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Absolutely. For all intents and purposes Mexico and its drug cartels are at war with America. So if this person was so enamored with Mexico, why was he is the USA to begin with? Was he here illegally? And was he given a free pass and the royal treatment (which is being offered to illegals)?

America has become totally lawless since the summer of 2020. And the so-called law enforcement agencies such as DOJ, FBI, DHS. and ICE have become the law-breakers.

Very good points. Furthermore, articles like this are misleading people into a paradigm of lawlessness for the means of implienting the nwo.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's ridiculous Enoch. Did you read the article? It had nothing to do with it being a MEXICAN flag. It wouldn't have matteree if it were a French, British or even an American flag. The article makes that ckear.

Second, yes Mexico has drug cartels. Are they at war with America? Well, hopefully with the coast guard, CIA and the gov't, but otherwise we are probably their best customer! But do you think this kid and anything to do with that? Do you think all Mexicans here do?

Do you have any reason to believe he was here illegally? Well, we will find out because he's in the spotlight now! But not every Mexican is here illegally.

His problem was that he didn't want to follow the rules...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Second, yes Mexico has drug cartels. Are they at war with America?
Mexico has been at war with the United States for at least 200 years or more. And it is a never-ending war, because no one (including Trump) bothered to build a proper wall along that war-torn border. And now under Biden there is NO SOUTHER BORDER. Anyone may walk in, and the deportees are actually being invited back for some royal treatment after flying them in first class!

And when the drug cartels send tons of Fentanyl into America to kill hundreds or thousands, that too is an act of war. When they bring in hundreds of thousands of migrant invaders through human trafficking into the United States that too is an act of war. When will people wake up to the fact that Mexico is waging ASYMMETRICAL WARFARE against America, just like China, and just like the Biden administration. The government is now at war with law-abiding citizens, because it is an illegitimate government.

When someone flies the Confederate flag today, there is a great hue and cry about it. BLM & Antifa went around the country tearing down the statues of Confederates (as well as everyone else). So when someone flies a Palestinian or Mexican flag in the States, there should also be a great outcry. There should be general outrage. In the old days that would have been regarded as treason, and the perp would be shot by a firing squad. But today the traitors rule the country, while the patriots wring their hands.

No I did not read that article but it makes no difference. A student wrapped himself (or whatever) in the Mexican flag to thumb his nose at the USA. Do you think for one moment that if someone had done this with an American flag in Mexico they would have simply let it slide? One of the cartel members would have probably beheaded him then and there. The cartels control Mexico, and they hate America.

Reactions: teamventure

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Enlightening post Enoch.
Well once again Enoch has (as my dad would put it,) "told us where the bear s*** in the buckwheat.

Where do we go from here?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reading his story, his motive was to honour his family, not Mexico itself ( so he wasn’t aligning with the drugs Lords or anything else ) He was proud to be the first member of his family to receive a diploma ...for goodness sake there was no malice in what he did. Surely the dress code applied to what he was wearing underneath the flag, also if this was such a problem why did no one explain to him before hand, why wait until he went up to receive the award.............

Mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me.....and don’t respond back with all the guff about being at war with Mexico when clearly he was not wearing it to make a political point..........once again people taking offence without understanding the reasons.....
A side issue and question.....
....if a Mexican flag is waved during the World Cup ...do people in the US take offence. My brother hangs a rather large British flag from his window when England are playing, he lives in Germany - no one is bothered because they know that Paul is British and knows it’s about football....... they understand the motive.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just read an article where a highschool graduate wore a Mexican flag as part of his graduation uniform. He was denied his diploma for breaking dresscode and protests followed in reaction to being denied.
Do you think the school faculty was wrong for denying him his diploma?
Why or why not?
Let's discuss.

North Carolina student denied diploma after wearing Mexican flag over graduation gown

Yes, it’s okay - if you’re graduating in Mexico.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course not. And that has no bearing on the topic, since all kinds of nations are represented at the World Cup.
Pleased to hear it .....as many take offence about flags, hence the OP topic..........