Is it possible not to sin anymore?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that your way of not wanting any help from me. Just say so and I'll put you on ignore also to not respond to your posts.

It's not biblical for women to teach men.

But, you're welcome to go teach some women, or children! thumbsup4.gif

You know, the ones that didn't know the Holy Ghost is out teacher!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not biblical for women to teach men.

But, you're welcome to go teach some women, or children! View attachment 39583

You know, the ones that didn't know the Holy Ghost is out teacher!
Fine. You've never asked God about those verses have you? James 1:5-6. I have. It is a cultural thing. And what God told me means I can teach all who will listen. But you haven't or can't, so I'll just put you on ignore as I told you I would.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine. You've never asked God about those verses have you? James 1:5-6. I have. It is a cultural thing. And what God told me means I can teach all who will listen. But you haven't or can't, so I'll just put you on ignore as I told you I would.

You've been deceived by false doctrine! I belonged to a church in the late 80s that was started and run by 2 women ""pastors: and as I grew in knowledge and understanding from God's Word I found out that the Lord has never anointed any women to be pastors, teachers, or church leaders in authority over men. He never had any women high priests in the old testament either.

They are welcome to lead other women and children but it's not biblical for women to sit in authority over men. The Lord's Word clearly teaches that He made woman to be a help mate to man, not to sit in authority over man. Doing so is satan's idea and it's out of the Lord's will and order.

This is one of the primary reasons false doctrine flourishes anywhere you see women in authority over men.

So, good luck in your quest to be in authority over men. With the feminization of men the devil has brought forth in this modern so called "enlightened" culture, I'm sure you can find men who will let you tell them how to think and what to believe.

I'm not one of them.disagree.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Qualifications for Ministry

1 Timothy 3:1-13
This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desires a good work.
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
One that rules well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
(For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife
, ruling their children and their own houses well.
For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Bishop - Strongs G1985

a superintendent, i.e. Christian officer in genitive case charge of a (or the) church (literally or figuratively): KJV -- bishop, overseer.

Deacons - Strongs G1249
from an obsolete diako (to run on errands; compare 1377); an attendant, i.e. (genitive case) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties); specially, a Christian teacher and pastor (technically, a deacon): KJV -- deacon, minister, servant.

Titus 1:6-9
If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self willed, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;

Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

1 Timothy 2:12,13

I do not allow a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
For Adam was first formed, then Eve

Paul bases his viewpoint on creation. In v. 13 he says, "For Adam was first created, then Eve." In the least, this argument shows that Paul is not restricting his treatment to the church; it's a matter that is grounded in the constitutional differences between men and women, or at least in the order of authority that God had ordained.

In Gen 2-3, we see an interesting phenomenon relevant to 1 Tim 2. God teaches man, man teaches woman, the devil is out of the picture. That's Gen 2. But in Gen 3, we see the devil teaching woman, woman teaching man, and God is out of the picture. And this is Paul's argument: there is a divinely ordained order to things that, if disturbed, would bring deception and ruin due to not following the ways of the Lord.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody can believe, they can read the Bible , then in their own understanding, they can post scripture, that says a believer can sin....they believe in their own strength.they also post in their own understanding of what God’s word is saying....

My Son is a “ Christian “, he is not Born Again....therefore void of Gods Spirit.

Those are Christians imo who think they are Born Again, but sadly, they have no understanding of what it means to be Born Again of imperishable seed.

Now let’s see what God says about his “Born Again “ children, those of us who has been “ Born Again of imperishable seed.

1 John 3​

King James Version​

3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

These are the Born Again.

2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

My words.
And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins...God takes / removes all sin from a Born Again he has made us right in his eyes, he sees our sin no more, ......these are the Born Again..who was drawn to Jesus by God, they were brought to believe in Jesus by God, they were brought to repentance/ Godly sorrow, they have the gift of Faith, which is a manifestation of the Spirit as God word says.
Born Agains abideth in Him as his word says...

Those Christians who believe they sin...are Christians ...they are not Born Again of imperishable seed....they have no understanding of what that means.....because they can never understand or explain what it means....I have asked them many times....I’m not saying they aren’t a Christian , I’m saying they aren’t Born Again....imo.

Gods word says we must be “ Born Again “ he does not say Christians.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

My words

A Christian still commits sin...they need to be Born Again of imperishable seed.to no longer sin.

A Born Again does not continue to sin, because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.therefore cannot continue to sin as Gods word says, because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

My words.
Whosoever is Born Of God...doth not commit sin, for they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

A Christian sins because they are not Born Again...therefore haven’t been Born Again of imperishable seed.
Notice when you question them about Born Again they can’t answer.

The problem is in understanding scripture.there are those who are Christians ...they believe they can walk away and God can take their salvation away.

Those who are Born Again know they are secure in Christ because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Therefore ..you have Christians .....who have not yet been Born Again of imperishable seed

Then you have the Born Again.who have been Born Again of imperishable seed

Christians are NOT the same as Born Again.

That’s where the confusion lays over Gods Living word on many threads on this forum.

I may even start a thread....on Christians and those who have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

Very happy to discuss and my heart is open to the Spirit if I’m in error...thank you.

We are all learning and i Love learning from Gods word.

Read this online-Evangelical Christians, even those Christians who are professed Christians, are not "born again" and do not have a "personal relationship with Jesus."

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who are Born Again know they are secure in Christ because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

According to Jesus (see Mark 4:13-20).... the Word can in fact be choked out of someone after they have received it... IF they allow these 5 things to ENTER IN.... persecution, affliction, cares of this world, lusts of other things, and deceitfulness of riches.

Jesus said they ALL received the Word, so according to Jesus they were all born again so Jesus is not teaching eternal security, nor is he teaching that if one falls away they were never saved to begin with.

Both of these false doctrines came from the reformers who butcher God's Word and teach the wisdom of men as though it were the wisdom of God.

Mark 4:13-20
And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
The sower soweth the word.
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when
affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
And the
cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

And in John 15 Jesus says it's our responsibility to abide IN Him and bare fruit and if we don't, the Father takes us away as in we get cut from the vine.

One must confess and forsake their sin to get back in right standing with the Lord...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Please read my post above.

Christians are not Born Again...they are just Christians , just like my Son is a Christian ..they have not been Born Again of imperishable seed....if you want to see the Kingdom of God....then you must be Born Again...
He doesn’t say you must be a Christian...he says you must be Born Again of imperishable seed
I am very happy to be challenged regarding what I have posted...I welcome it with open arms.
Especially if I am in error...my heart is open to receive corrections as long as the correction is from the Holy Spirit.
There is a big difference .......

We must be Born Again....I never see this posted from Christians, that we must be Born Again....they have no understanding of Born Again scripture....

When it’s presented to them they dismiss it and never answer.

A Christian needs to be Born Again of imperishable seed.

That is where all the confusion over scripture lays.

Christians ......verses Born Again

A Born Again has eternal security as Gods word says....the poster above calls God a liar...that is very dangerous to call God a liar...maybe they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit?

As they continue to call God a liar.

How can you sow to please the Spirit...if you aren’t Born Again of imperishable seed..please answer that?.poster above?

Those who sow to please their flesh are those who have not been Born Again of imperishable seed.?

Galatians 6:8

8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life

Read this online...-Evangelical Christians, even those Christians who are professed Christians, are not "born again" and do not have a "personal relationship with Jesus."

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is over!

Confess your faults (sins) one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

You cannot confess your sins if you don’t sin.

We were also told…

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God has forgiven you.

How can you forgive each other if none of you ever make a mistake …

Check and mate!!!

Reactions: keithr

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Confess your faults (sins) one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
To expand on that, James 5 (ASV):

(13) Is any among you suffering? let him pray. Is any cheerful? let him sing praise.​
(14) Is any among you {Christians} sick? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:​
(15) and the prayer of faith shall save him that is sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, it shall be forgiven him.
(16) Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous man availeth much in its working.​
(17) Elijah was a man of like passions with us, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain; and it rained not on the earth for three years and six months.​
(18) And he prayed again; and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit.​
WEB:
(19) Brothers, if any among you wanders from the truth and someone turns him back,​
(20) let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.​

You cannot confess your sins if you don’t sin.

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God has forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:32 (WEB):
(32) And be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you.​

Colossians 3:12-13 (WEB):
(12) Put on therefore, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, humility, and perseverance;​
(13) bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, if any man has a complaint against any; even as Christ forgave you, so you also do.​