Is it right for a Christian to hold a Bible in one hand and a doobie in the other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No different than a cup of coffee, it’s all bug spray same as cigarettes, the caffeine THC NICOTINE, in small quantities stimulates us. The plants produce it to repel bugs. Lol,,,,,
Not really. Caffeine and nicotine are not hallucinogens.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: bbyrd009 and 101G

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Hallucinations” Following Acute Cannabis Dosing: A Case Report and Comparison to Other Hallucinogenic Drugs

You can read all of it if you wish, but as a teen I smoke a lot of it, and never had an hallucination.

you don’t have to take my word for it. You could do your own private study.
But it IS classified as a hallucinogen, and the others aren't. Also, pot impairs judgment (as per the study above), but the others don't.

Smoking pot during the child/teen years can be particularly damaging to the brain. I will pray for you! :)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No different than a cup of coffee, it’s all bug spray same as cigarettes, the caffeine THC NICOTINE, in small quantities stimulates us. The plants produce it to repel bugs. Lol,,,,,
I have had a lot more experience with people that use drugs than I want. I am not out to change someone on the forum that takes drugs. I am not out to condemn them either. I will debate if it is a biblical practice. In that light what you and others have said in the defense of drugs, matters not. It is a discussion about Christians doing drugs. If you do drugs, does that mean you are not a Christian? No.

Altered states. In the Old Testament period there were prophets that were called the whirring prophets of Yahweh. They spun themselves in circles like kids to achieve altered states to receive prophetic messages from God. But that is a lot different than taking drugs. The discussion requires honesty, you are not going to get that if you condemn. Some of it is about theological philosophy, and how it pertains to the Bible and even developing Christian norms and culture.

I run with Christians that believe that smoking and drinking is a sin. I run with Christians that do not drink coffee. But I do not deceive them into thinking that I do not drink or use tobacco and drink about a gallon of coffee a day. I chew tobacco...smoke a good cigar and pipe a couple times a year, and I drink on occasion. It is fortunate for me that I do not have an addictive nature...mind or body. That cannot be said of most. And like I said, I rode choppers most of my life, and if I told you that I never took a hit off a dobbie around a campfire...I would be lying. Not very often and I did not inhale...lol...I don't inhale cigar smoke either. As I got older and saw all the lives it ruined and lives ruined by those that loved them...friends and family It became a taboo for me. Just not worth it.

So there is a lot that can be discussed, beyond the theological philosophies and the biblical positions, is it worth it, people's experiences with it? Does it change a person? An idea or belief can be static, it is best to put them in motion, what are the ramifications? Because it requires honesty it is a difficult topic in Christian circles, but it is a topic that Christians should discuss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya I know the group and thought process. Do you wear bell bottoms? lol If it natural it is good....quinine is natural...a natural poison. And you can say that coffee has a culture, but if we look at these two cultures there is big difference. We talk about smoking pot and people get defensive, that can be deep topic. But what we are talking about here is how do you balance smoking pot with the Bible...Christianity. Does that make you a bad person? It certainly does not! Life is a series of choices...where you end up in this world...can likely be determined by your choices. Where you end up in this world my not mean a hill of beans to you....that is a choice and your right to make that choice. But does smoking pot limit your choices down the road? That is a discussion.

Reactions: Brakelite

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya I know the group and thought process. Do you wear bell bottoms? lol If it natural it is good....quinine is natural...a natural poison. And you can say that coffee has a culture, but if we look at these two cultures there is big difference. We talk about smoking pot and people get defensive, that can be deep topic. But what we are talking about here is how do you balance smoking pot with the Bible...Christianity. Does that make you a bad person? It certainly does not! Life is a series of choices...where you end up in this world...can likely be determined by your choices. Where you end up in this world my not mean a hill of beans to you....that is a choice and your right to make that choice. But does smoking pot limit your choices down the road? That is a discussion.
Clinton said he tried it.
As much as I tried it who knows maybe I’d have a better shot at the presidency than any?

Reactions: 101G

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's something to consider:

Continuity of cannabis use and violent offending over the life course

T Schoeler 1, D Theobald 1, J-B Pingault 2, D P Farrington 3, W G Jennings 4, A R Piquero 5, J W Coid 6, S Bhattacharyya 1
Affiliations
Conclusions: Together, these results provide strong indication that cannabis use predicts subsequent violent offending, suggesting a possible causal effect, and provide empirical evidence that may have implications for public policy.

Source:
Continuity of cannabis use and violent offending over the life course - PubMed

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's something to consider:

Continuity of cannabis use and violent offending over the life course

T Schoeler 1, D Theobald 1, J-B Pingault 2, D P Farrington 3, W G Jennings 4, A R Piquero 5, J W Coid 6, S Bhattacharyya 1
Affiliations
Conclusions: Together, these results provide strong indication that cannabis use predicts subsequent violent offending, suggesting a possible causal effect, and provide empirical evidence that may have implications for public policy.

Source:
Continuity of cannabis use and violent offending over the life course - PubMed
See there again, I’ve faced down the pot heads many times, and also the legalistic christians. The heads don’t back bite, they just want to escape.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See there again, I’ve faced down the pot heads many times, and also the legalistic christians. The heads don’t back bite, they just want to escape.
I’ve read that this is a big problem. And I’m not being legalistic if that was a jab at me. Just the facts.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clinton said he tried it.
As much as I tried it who knows maybe I’d have a better shot at the presidency than any?
lol But the question is how do you balance pot smoking with the Bible. Most that try to explain this get defensive. Can you explain without getting defensive. What is your advise to other brothers and sisters concerning pot smoking?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way I see it is God is my Father, and being such it’s His job to teach me what he approves and disapproves of. Any one trying to do His job is just that, trying to be something they are not. The way I see it at the moment is me trying to make myself loved by God or worth saving is ridiculous.

He already has.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol But the question is how do you balance pot smoking with the Bible. Most that try to explain this get defensive. Can you explain without getting defensive. What is your advise to other brothers and sisters concerning pot smoking?
It’s a waste of time and money.
It’s idle.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a jab, here’s the thing pot melons people out, whom ever is giving the alleged facts is extremely biased.
Looks like the study I cited was done well. (I took experimental psychology and statistics for my major.) There was a very strong link established.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand why some people insist upon keeping some sort of pet sin or idol worship.

You are either God's slave...or you aren't.

To become a slave you have no "rights" to do anything anymore. You belong to God. Including getting high, drunk, or anything else like that.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't understand why some people insist upon keeping some sort of pet sin or idol worship.

You are either God's slave...or you aren't.

To become a slave you have no "rights" to do anything anymore. You belong to God. Including getting high, drunk, or anything else like that.
So I have to make myself acceptable, I thought Jesus did that, but now your saying I have to be Toby?