Is it right for a Christian to hold a Bible in one hand and a doobie in the other?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So one evening he comes over with some news....his wife was pregnant with their first child....and the topic turned to where he was going to hide the pot with a child in house and how him and his wife was going to hide their pot smoking from there child. I listened for a while and then reached over the chess board and slapped the snot out of him. I went to my bedroom and grabbed one of the Gideons and by the time I came back he had picked himself off the floor and I threw the Bible on the table and said, Start with page one. Two beautiful people made one beautiful little girl and I was her Godfather.
Thanks for the laugh and can shake your hand?

Reactions: Grailhunter

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we too good to go drink with the people in the tavern? Why is it that, that belief does not fly with the Bible?
It's not a matter of being too good. Maybe just being smart.

Edit: I was a baby Christian in college when God told me to stop and drinking and never drink again, ever. I was smart to obey Him (even though I don't expect everyone else to live this way).

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got called to a part of town one summer to repair an AC. This place was drug infested, you know the real ugly kind with the hard pipe hitting negros. I told my wife as walking out the door that I was going to take my pistol, but then inwardly God spoke, the testimony you’ll give won’t require a gun.

what an opportunity to co labor with the Almighty.

we had fellowship with Jesus that day behind those apartments me and four other and passers by.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I have to make myself acceptable, I thought Jesus did that, but now your saying I have to be Toby?
"Work out your salvation continuously with FEAR and TREMBLING. "

Any of that ring any bells?
And if you aren't...
You are only a member of a "good guy club".

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 9:20-23 KJV
[20] And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; [21] To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law. [22] To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. [23] And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh you are digging yourself a hole. lol Christ drank with people and it is part of the most sacri

Don't get me started on the original...lol
My point is that He never got drunk, which results in a foolish loss of mental faculties.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh you are digging yourself a hole. lol Christ drank with people and it is part of the most sacri

Don't get me started on the original...lol
Take it up with God...
But if I was you be sure to wear a diaper when you meet Him.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take it up with God...
But if I was you be sure to wear a diaper when you meet Him.
You cannot read the Bible like it is the latest edition of the local Sunday Paper. Sometime remind me and we can get into the cultural and Christian aspects of the vineyard, grapevines, grapes and wine.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot read the Bible like it is the latest edition of the local Sunday Paper. Sometime remind me and we can get into the cultural and Christian aspects of the vineyard, grapevines, grapes and wine.
So now you go to personal insults claiming that I don't know scripture hermeneutics?

Yeah...
You sure are demonstrating that love John talked about in his letter...

Making my first thoughts extremely accurate.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you go to personal insults claiming that I don't know scripture hermeneutics?

Yeah...
You sure are demonstrating that love John talked about in his letter...

Making my first thoughts extremely accurate.
I am telling you the truth...no insult. You can look into it yourself.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am telling you the truth...no insult. You can look into it yourself.
Sorry...
I thought that I was talking to someone else...I didn't look closely enough because I was grinding beef for hamburger and then making hamburger helper.

But...
In the original of "work out your salvation..." The verb is one of continuous action...

Some translations say "daily" or something along those lines but it means "continuously" or "always" as in an ongoing action.

And I'm not flat reading any part of scriptures...it's not a good idea ever.

Reactions: historyb

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry...
I thought that I was talking to someone else...I didn't look closely enough because I was grinding beef for hamburger and then making hamburger helper.

But...
In the original of "work out your salvation..." The verb is one of continuous action...

Some translations say "daily" or something along those lines but it means "continuously" or "always" as in an ongoing action.

And I'm not flat reading any part of scriptures...it's not a good idea ever.
Hamburger helper! That brings back memories.

It kinda like the funny saying...Politicians promise the world and take a seat after they are elected.
A lot a people looking for work get hired and sit down and stop looking for work.
Some Christians think that once saved....and then they take a seat.....life is a walk with Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: historyb and JohnDB

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This seems to be a legitimate question. I run into it more and more and I think it is one of many topics that fuels hatred because those that indulge in recreational pharmaceuticals are tired of being looked down at. They want society to accept them as drug abusers, as a norm. And of course this goes on into other pervasive beliefs and activities.

Legalists have got it wrong. The problem is not drugs and Jesus, it is why does Jesus not mean enough that drugs are left behind.
Drugs are about dulling life away so one can cope, but Jesus brings us life that fills us and resolves these issues in ways we can never imagine.

So the sign of someone has not yet really grasped Jesus is using drugs.
So rather than being condemned the issue is about getting alongside them and discipling them into who Jesus really is and what it means to our lives.

As with many conservatives the idea of getting to the heart of people and realising Jesus in our lives is just pipe dreams that those who take drugs have, not really part of the faith. So unfortunately often those on drugs are more honest about their needs, which creates massive problems for those who are all style and no substance. But praise the Lord, His people are called by His name and listen to Him and follow Him, Amen.

God bless you