Is it time for Christians to become more accepting towards muslims in politics?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ah; now's your chance to witness all of the atrocities committed upon you by the thousands of Muslims in your area right now; don't be shy :)

You have your head in the sand. :) Just you wait and see.
I agree they are being used as visual 'the head' right now....but it is going to be much bigger than just them....enjoy your freedom while you have it.. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I agree they are being used as visual 'the head' right now....but it is going to be much bigger than just them....enjoy your freedom while you have it.. :)
ha well i am an Anarchist, as God wants, i am already as low as i can go, standing on the ground already, not relying on guns to enforce my rights, see. So my perspective there is "enjoy the freedom that others have been sacrificed to Molech for as long as you are in the catbird seat" or something like that. Your "freedom" comes at others' expense, see. Your conveniences are made possible by slaves, and suicide nets are installed under those who toil for our "freedoms" imo.

Our children are now "free" to go work 3 jobs to try to make ends meet, and ignore any quality time with their children in this pursuit also. So i guess we get what we give away, in the end

Reactions: Pisteuo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You have your head in the sand. :)
hmm, do i? judging by the fruit is bad?
Just you wait and see.
so, relying on the perspective propagated by the MSM is better?

what does "just you wait and see" imply?

God would tell us that mixing cultures is bad, not that Muslims are. So i may indeed see, but what i will see is something different from what others will see i guess. After all it is Our Leaders who are complicit in the recent Muslim Diaspora, right

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This thread is about how much conservative Christians verbally attack muslims in politics, and the funny part about it, is in today's day and age, there are many muslims who have more morals than Christians, which we saw displayed in the same-sex marriage postal vote in Australia, most of the electorates that voted no, were muslim areas, they may not have been majority muslim areas, but that's where most of the muslim population lives in Australia, so the point here is, we saw more Muslims defending real marriage more than Christians, and by looking at muslim countries around the world, they have better laws in protecting marriage, and i would think they got tougher abortion laws, or even might be illegal and euthanasia would be illegal in them countries as well, correct me if I'm wrong, I only really did a quick google search on Muslim's positions on euthanasia and abortion, but most us probably know that Muslims are strongly against homosexuality, but some of the Christian churches were split 50/50 on same sex marriage. Now the question here is, is it time that conservative Christian political movement stepped down their attack on Muslims? because they agree on a number of moral issues, which could increase their chances of getting into parliament and staying in parliament, and making the law tougher for immoral acts to be legalized, in countries which have not already been ruined with the rise of immorality. My thoughts are, I think it is time true conservative Christians became more accepting towards Muslims. Because more and more shallow Christians are falling for the extreme left and as a result these immoral laws get passed, hopefully i'm not offending anyone here, sorry if I am, but I am simply speaking the truth.

Josho,

Here's further evidence that the division in the Anglican Church of Australia is between liberals and evangelicals re homosexual marriage.

This is an example from the liberal side that appeared in Sydney and Melbourne papers (online) yesterday, 3 December 2017.

See: Anglican bishops break ranks to support Dean Smith's same-sex marriage bill (The Sydney Morning Herald, 3 December 2017). It's also in The Age (Melbourne).

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I must be really hateful and mean spirited because I don't understand the reasoning behind wanting to embrace a people whose ultimate goal is world dominance and killing everyone who is not like them...namely christians.

Job,

I am not wanting to 'embrace' a people whose goal is to destroy those who have beliefs that are different. Being a cobelligerent is not being an ally with those with whom we have theological differences.

I'm not a Roman Catholic, but there are times when I become a cobelligerent with RC people in their moral stands against abortion and euthanasia. The same with Muslims who oppose same-sex marriage. I am not a supporter of their theology but a cobelligerent with them in opposing homosexual marriage.

I am not aligning with any theological group opposed to biblical Christianity, but I am being a cobelligerent with them when I find those who oppose homosexual marriage.

Dictionary.com gives the definition of cobelligerent as, 'a state or individual that cooperates with, but is not bound by a formal alliance to another in waging war' (Dictionary.com 2017. s v cobelligerent).

Oz

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
cobelligerent lol. strikes me as a poor reflection of the relationship a believer might have, and at the same time a step up for the world, if only cultures could be mixed like that without consequences.

it is suicide; it is building a bomb
a great scheme to make the ppl more divisible too i guess

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Muslims reject same sex marriage.

Muslims kill homosexuals simply because they are gay. If they even suspect you're gay, you're a dead man. Homosexuals are marked for death regardless of their religious beliefs.

Supporting the muslims because of their rejection of same sex marriage is supporting the atrocities they commit against the gay community.

That's just my opinion.

If one lives with a leper, sooner or later they become a leper themselves.

A little leaven leavens the whole lump.

Reactions: Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Josho,

Please remember that most Australians (and I'm an Aussie) are secular, not Christian. We don't live in a Christian country anymore. It's a Christianised country with many laws, including the Westminster system of govt, coming from a Christian framework.

I agree with you that the Muslim communities in this country were/are strong opponents of homosexual marriage.

I wouldn't be so brave as to say that the Christian churches are split 50/50 on same-sex marriage. My observation is that the churches are divided: (1) Against homosexual marriage (evangelical Christians & that includes Pentecostals); (2) Pro-homosexual marriage (liberal churches). For example, the evangelical Anglican diocese of Sydney donated $1million to the 'No' case. However, there are examples where liberal Anglicans supported homosexual marriage.

In Australia, it's important to remember that this was a voluntary postal vote. Of those eligible to vote, 79.5% voted and of that percentage 61.6% voted 'Yes' to same-sex marriage. See: Australia just overwhelmingly voted in favor of same-sex marriage (Nov 14, 2017, Vox).

That means that 48.97% of eligible Aussie voters supported same-sex marriage.

A similar result happened in Ireland where 62.07% of the people who voted supported same-sex marriage. However, only 60.52% of eligible voters turned out to vote (source). That means 37.56% of Irish voters supported same-sex marriage. That's hardly a majority.

However, there were so many corporate and small business sponsors in Australia that backed the 'Yes' campaign that advertising money was flowing into that campaign big time.

As for Christians working with Muslims in areas of agreement, why don't you read what the late Francis Schaeffer and others have written about being co-belligerents? I will be a co-belligerent with Muslims who oppose same-sex marriage. This does not mean I compromise with them in regard to differences in our theology. There's a radical difference between being a co-belligerent and a person who is into compromise.

Jun 27, 2017

COBELLIGERENTS, NOT ALLIES:
"Christians must realize that there is a difference between being a cobelligerent and an ally. At times we will seem to be saying exactly the same thing as those without a Christian base are saying. If there is social injustice, say there is social injustice. If we need order, say we need order. In these cases, and at these specific points, we would be cobelligerents. But we must not align ourselves as though we are in any camp built on a non-Christian base. We are an ally of no such camp."

~ Dr. Francis Schaeffer, The Church at the End of the 20th Century (source)​

Oz

Well said, very good post, thank you for making better sense. haha

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have your head in the sand. :) Just you wait and see.

Ah well I guess you better give him a spoon so he can dig himself out of it. ;)

Reactions: Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ha, you hope anyway

I tell you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation that will produce the proper fruit.

all the claims of "having Jesus" notwithstanding

Well I am not a pharisee, I actually care for non-believers that they may one day find Jesus and find the truth and his ways and not the world's ways, so I pray for them and it's better than nothing at all, and no matter what you tell me, I know I personally have a relationship with the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ, the greatest of all, but in the end I am only one human, I don't go supporting corrupt laws, because it's good for other people to know the truth, instead of being blinded by lies, and it's good for non-believers to see the goodness that comes out of truth, that they too may come to know Jesus as their Lord & Savior, healer & deliverer, resurrector & miracle worker, the conqueror & victor, and that is the Kingdom of God, and all those things still can be done, can be shared, can be prayed, all through the mighty name of Jesus today & the Gospel is for the sake that we may believe, and develop that strong foundation of faith and more importantly so for the sake of others that they may believe and they too may even develop a stronger foundation of faith, and to develop that further more into operating in spiritual gifts and developing that close great friendship that Jesus wants everyone to have, and we don't go telling lies to cover up biblical truths, that's not how we are meant to display the Jesus in us.

Just because one of your secular friends tells you that you should twist God's word a bit so you can win some worldly approval from the world, it doesn't mean you should. I have mentioned this on another thread, but John 13:42-43, take a read of it.

42 Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue;
43 for they loved human praise more than praise from God.

Does it matter if we are distanced from the world, does it matter if we get disliked by famous people and the world? No it doesn't matter

Praise from God is far better than trying to win all the worldly praise from some human beings which can be sometimes wrong and damaging towards us & other people, just because that's what the majority of a nation or the world wants, doesn't mean it's right, it doesn't mean we should bow down to it, support it or follow it, instead we should see what God says about it, because God is truth, Jesus is truth, the Holy Spirit is truth. Amen.

:)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and no matter what you tell me, I know I personally have a relationship with the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus Christ,
oh, my bad, i did not mean that to apply to you lol, i was quoting a v and then meaning to apply it more generally; at least until a "they" is identified. Who are "they," iow?

what i mean is, it sounds perfectly reasonable on the surface, but at some point whatever criteria you use (other than fruit) is going to fail you imo. I'm not even sure what "they" we are talking about here, lemme go get caught up again...

ah yes, you have Jesus, and Muslims don't, lol.
I would say to that "be careful if you think you are standing firm, that you do not fall."

i mean...hmm.
How might you react to me saying "I have Jesus, and you don't?"
oh wait, i see now that i already got you on this lol, it isn't so pleasant when you become the "they" now, is it.
So i guess the shoe up there fit just fine lol

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Does it matter if we are distanced from the world, does it matter if we get disliked by famous people and the world? No it doesn't matter
does it matter if you make blanket condemnations of other ppl absent any witness of the fruit, is what imo you should be asking yourself

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah yes, you have Jesus, and Muslims don't, lol.
I would say to that "be careful if you think you are standing firm, that you do not fall."

A muslim by definition is a follower of the religion of Islam.

So no, muslims don't have Jesus.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about how much conservative Christians verbally attack muslims in politics, and the funny part about it, is in today's day and age, there are many muslims who have more morals than Christians, which we saw displayed in the same-sex marriage postal vote in Australia, most of the electorates that voted no, were muslim areas, they may not have been majority muslim areas, but that's where most of the muslim population lives in Australia, so the point here is, we saw more Muslims defending real marriage more than Christians, and by looking at muslim countries around the world, they have better laws in protecting marriage, and i would think they got tougher abortion laws, or even might be illegal and euthanasia would be illegal in them countries as well, correct me if I'm wrong, I only really did a quick google search on Muslim's positions on euthanasia and abortion, but most us probably know that Muslims are strongly against homosexuality, but some of the Christian churches were split 50/50 on same sex marriage. Now the question here is, is it time that conservative Christian political movement stepped down their attack on Muslims? because they agree on a number of moral issues, which could increase their chances of getting into parliament and staying in parliament, and making the law tougher for immoral acts to be legalized, in countries which have not already been ruined with the rise of immorality. My thoughts are, I think it is time true conservative Christians became more accepting towards Muslims. Because more and more shallow Christians are falling for the extreme left and as a result these immoral laws get passed, hopefully i'm not offending anyone here, sorry if I am, but I am simply speaking the truth.
You are not speaking a truth. Muslims are not standing on the true meaning of marriage if they do not stand on the true tenets of the faith. You are falling into the pit of falsely identifying Christianity by name and word use and not by deed. "Show me a man's works and I will show you his faith." Christ is not for any of the things you claim. These other people are not Christians but liars. What true Christians should be doing is calling out the liars.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
A muslim by definition is a follower of the religion of Islam.

So no, muslims don't have Jesus.
yet the Qur'an assures Muslims that they must follow Christ or be doomed, and you cannot witness to any Muslims bugging you any, and you are surrounded right now by many Muslims, almost surely. So pardon me if i choose to believe that it is you who do not have Jesus, no offense. I mean you've already condemned more than one Christian here for not having Jesus, right on this forum;

maybe it would be better if you just listed those who really have Jesus?
i mean there is of course you, right, is there anyone else? narf

another revealing perspective is, your pov is obviously shared by many, yet these strike me as the same ppl making accommodations for Muslims in their law, right now?

Last edited: