is it wrong?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am seeing others selling here vegetables so I think it's an opportunity to make profit but one can interact and talk to others.
Yes, Mel, take a step at a time. This is the way a business will grow. One step at a time.

People always need food items. So you will always have customers.

Like someone else mentioned, if you price the items just a little bit less than others, you will get customers.

Reactions: My Dreams

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Yes, Mel, take a step at a time. This is the way a business will grow. One step at a time.

People always need food items. So you will always have customers.

Like someone else mentioned, if you price the items just a little bit less than others, you will get customers.
you know it came to mind to sell at cheapest price so that others keep coming to me and in this way I want to well everything at less price than others.

Reactions: Debp

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you know it came to mind to sell at cheapest price so that others keep coming to me and in this way I want to well everything at less price than others.
Blessings My Dreams. When The Lord had me sell om Ebay, research was done(go out and check prices) And I always sold at the lowest price when I could.

Reactions: Debp and My Dreams

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Blessings My Dreams. When The Lord had me sell om Ebay, research was done(go out and check prices) And I always sold at the lowest price when I could.

Thanks!, I think it may take time for me to start, it's state capital and lot of people stay here, so doing this business will be profitable

Reactions: Debp and GTW27

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If someone is trying to make a living and not be in the negative, they should cover the expense of transporting the produce to wherever they have set up to sell. That isn't wrong. And yes, a God fearing person can sell vegetable, or clothing, or shoes, or cars, houses ....as long as they're being honest.
Just plant a fat garden dear sister . Visting lambs might appear . Plus you have your own home grown healthy veggies .
You can can them , sell some , and just PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you still keeping this business idea in mind? I hope so. You could start small with just some vegetables.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
P.S. I know you have a YouTube channel. Some people make a little money with that.​
I watched a YouTube video about that. The lady said once she got to 1,000 subscribers, then she started to make a little money from her YouTube channel.​

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
P.S. I know you have a YouTube channel. Some people make a little money with that.​
I watched a YouTube video about that. The lady said once she got to 1,000 subscribers, then she started to make a little money from her YouTube channel.​
I wish my YouTube channel was monetized I think I had put a prayer request
I put some videos and have some subscribers but there is a long way to go.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you still trying to do this? Sell the vegetables? Take a step, even if you start small in what you sell.

I see on your YouTube videos, you are buying toys, etc. Please try to start the business....then you can afford other things.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Are you still trying to do this? Sell the vegetables? Take a step, even if you start small in what you sell.

I see on your YouTube videos, you are buying toys, etc. Please try to start the business....then you can afford other things.
It's in my heart to start, if in 2014 if you have asked I would have said no but in 2023 I will say yes, I want to start keeping in view everything.

It's is God's mercy that God blessed daughters with toys, etc I donot think on my own I will buy toys, etc.

You know daughter was suppose to go to doctor and I had no finances unexpected God blessed so took her to doctor and purchased the squawking toys . You know my younger daughter Sarah used to sit on her cousins scooter, unexpectedly God blessed daughter with a scooter at the same time I brought a board for elder daughter.
God is blessing daughters with toys so they are having toys. It's not that I am using finances for toys and not for vegetable selling.

Last edited:

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India

you know i don't have a vegetable business fund started yet. I was spending
money that a family friend gave me as a gift. There are other needs right now, and buying a new scooter for Sarah
was agreed so I purchased the scooter in the video, this close friend wanted me to purchase a very nice present for Salome
at the same time!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you know i don't have a vegetable business fund started yet. I was spending
money that a family friend gave me as a gift. There are other needs right now, and buying a new scooter for Sarah
was agreed so I purchased the scooter in the video, this close friend wanted me to purchase a very nice present for Salome
at the same time!
Maybe this family friend should help you start your vegetable business, rather than giving you money for toys, toy scooters, etc?

If you had a business, you could afford the other things for your children.

There's an old story... if you give a man a fish, he will be fed for one day. But if you teach a man to fish, he will be fed continually.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Maybe this family friend should help you start your vegetable business, rather than giving you money for toys, toy scooters, etc?

If you had a business, you could afford the other things for your children.

There's an old story... if you give a man a fish, he will be fed for one day. But if you teach a man to fish, he will be fed continually.

This friend has loved, supported, and encouraged me over, the years in many ways, prayers, finances for your mission work and my travel agency. This friend cheers our families on to making great progress and backs us up with finances for trips, even flights, Bibles, and more! We have worked as a team to gain awesome experiences
in our lives many times! Some of these awesome moments, even the girls getting cool presents,
are kept, even via videos, to dwell on at times in the future and help to gain confidence to keep going
another step forward to a better life for us and those we help along the way.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This friend has loved, supported, and encouraged me over, the years in many ways, prayers, finances for your mission work and my travel agency. This friend cheers our families on to making great progress and backs us up with finances for trips, even flights, Bibles, and more! We have worked as a team to gain awesome experiences
in our lives many times! Some of these awesome moments, even the girls getting cool presents,
are kept, even via videos, to dwell on at times in the future and help to gain confidence to keep going
another step forward to a better life for us and those we help along the way.
Is this friend on this forum? Just curious.

Did you understand the story I mentioned about teaching a man to fish?

It seems you are very dependent on this friend for supporting you and your family.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Is this friend on this forum? Just curious.

Did you understand the story I mentioned about teaching a man to fish?

It seems you are very dependent on this friend for supporting you and your family.

This friend not on this forum.this friend does read messages at times on here.

I've started several mission projects, which get helped by support from friends. This friend is
one of those backers on our team of getting the Gospel to others. This mission work takes
finances for travel expenses and more. This friend sees the great efforts we have made as in helping
pastors and other families! Sarah even shared her new scooter with that boy in the video that
wanted to ride it! We did not record that time though.
I understood the story

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This friend not on this forum.this friend does read messages at times on here.

I've started several mission projects, which get helped by support from friends. This friend is
one of those backers on our team of getting the Gospel to others. This mission work takes
finances for travel expenses and more. This friend sees the great efforts we have made as in helping
pastors and other families! Sarah even shared her new scooter with that boy in the video that
wanted to ride it! We did not record that time though.
I understood the story

Even the apostle Paul worked as a tentmaker. He did not expect others to totally support him. And Paul did mission work full-time.

You are a younger man with a wife and two children. You really need to try to earn some kind of income. You could still do intermittent Christian work.

I've followed you at a couple of forums for years now. It seems you only want donations...but sometimes a man needs to work as well....to provide for his family.

I remember your parents needing help with the rent and you couldn't help them. You had to leave their house.

But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 1 Timothy 5:8

• Love

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Even the apostle Paul worked as a tentmaker. He did not expect others to totally support him. And Paul did mission work full-time.

You are a younger man with a wife and two children. You really need to try to earn some kind of income. You could still do intermittent Christian work.

I've followed you at a couple of forums for years now. It seems you only want donations...but sometimes a man needs to work as well....to provide for his family.

I remember your parents needing help with the rent and you couldn't help them. You had to leave their house.

But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. 1 Timothy 5:8

Believers can live by Faith Debp

Debp have you written this thread about me without naming me?

You know in these forums I post prayer request and sometimes Bible verses if I feel.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers can live by Faith Debp

Debp have you written this thread about me without naming me?

You know in these forums I post prayer request and sometimes Bible verses if I feel.

Yes, believers should live by faith. But we must not ignore God's word where it tells us that believers should provide for their own family/household.

I did write that topic thinking about you.

Everything came to a head when you said you might be put in jail for your unpaid loans. (The Indian penal code said it could be up to seven years in prison!!!)

A few others and I at WCF tried to encourage you to look for work with no success. You even told me you were going to forget all about those loans.

You probably owed the money to a Hindu....did you ever think your non-payment was a bad witness of a Christian?

If I was facing prison, I would have looked for work and paid off those loans. If people saw someone trying to work, they might help them. But if the person continually faces all sorts of financial difficulties and refuses to get a job....

• Love

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Yes, believers should live by faith. But we must not ignore God's word where it tells us that believers should provide for their own family/household.

I did write that topic thinking about you.

Everything came to a head when you said you might be put in jail for your unpaid loans. (The Indian penal code said it could be up to seven years in prison!!!)

A few others and I at WCF tried to encourage you to look for work with no success. You even told me you were going to forget all about those loans.

You probably owed the money to a Hindu....did you ever think your non-payment was a bad witness of a Christian?

If I was facing prison, I would have looked for work and paid off those loans. If people saw someone trying to work, they might help them. But if the person continually faces all sorts of financial difficulties and refuses to get a job....
Evil has crept into your heart Debp, so you are bringing such threads.you are bearing a false testimony.
I am going to different forums sharing sad stories, I consider my extended family my ministry , I am expecting donations from others, " He will not work"

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no cultural difference, there is no language barrier, begging bc one wants another's provision and financial support is one of the worst forms to represent Christ!

I have more respect for a homeless person., whatever the reason for their condition, which is usually mental disease or addiction.