is it wrong?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
If one brings vegetables at wholesale price than add transportation and other charges and sell these vegetables at high price is it wrong?
Can a believer or a God fearing person should sell vegetables?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one brings vegetables at wholesale price than add transportation and other charges and sell these vegetables at high price is it wrong?
If someone is trying to make a living and not be in the negative, they should cover the expense of transporting the produce to wherever they have set up to sell. That isn't wrong. And yes, a God fearing person can sell vegetable, or clothing, or shoes, or cars, houses ....as long as they're being honest.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I told you at the other forum, no it is not wrong for a Christian merchant to make a profit. As long as you do not charge an astronomical amount.

God is pleased when a Christian man seeks to provide for his family.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
As I told you at the other forum, no it is not wrong for a Christian merchant to make a profit. As long as you do not charge an astronomical amount.

God is pleased when a Christian man seeks to provide for his family.
Thanks for Sharing in both forum

Reactions: Debp

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being in the market place is a good place to share The Gospel. Price the vegetables according to what The Lord says. There might be times that profit must be put aside as there is always the poor. When you Bless others you too will be Blessed. Let me give you an example. I had a car that needed to be sold. It did not have much time left in it as the rust was taking over. I put a sign on it for 600 dollars. A man came and was interested in it. He needed it as he delivered newspapers for a living. All his previous cars had broken down. As I was negotiating the price with him I heard The Lord say, "Give this car to this man" At first I was ignoring these words as the money was needed. Finally after hearing these words once again, I said to the man, I will give this car to you but you will need to pay to change it over in your name. We then went down and changed the title into his name. But the man did ask me why I gave the car to him. I told him that I was one of The Lord's and that He told me to give this to you. Since he needed a car for his job that man was Blessed and was able to keep his job for awhile. And today if I look out side I see a truck that I have always wanted that The Lord Blessed me with.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, SOMEBODY has to sell vegetables, or people aren't going to get any food.

GTW27 makes a good point. I hear there are a lot of poor people in your country. God may want you to reduce the price of your vegetables for your poorer customers so that their families have something to eat. Not so much profit. Are you willing to do that?

Reactions: Debp and My Dreams

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course we can sell veggies or pretty much everything else that does not go against god.

Making a profit is not wrong, For Scripture says a workman is worthy of his wages. there is no standard for how high is too high, so a believer must follow generral market rules and if convicted by the Spirit, then we should discern what He is guiding us to.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Well, SOMEBODY has to sell vegetables, or people aren't going to get any food.

GTW27 makes a good point. I hear there are a lot of poor people in your country. God may want you to reduce the price of your vegetables for your poorer customers so that their families have something to eat. Not so much profit. Are you willing to do that?
willing to do this for poorer customers only according to God's gudance

Reactions: Debp and Lambano

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It really depends on the heart's motivation as to why you are going to do what you intend to do.

It really depends on whether or not your intent is from the Lord or is out of your own musing.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we know that My Dreams needs income. He has a wife and two children to support.

So selling fruits and vegetables sounds like a good business. People would buy regularly. Also, a lot of Christians get to know their customers and then eventually share Christ with them.

Reactions: My Dreams

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mydreams did You have or worked at a travel shop at one time, what ever happened to that business ?
I just remember you asking for prayers a few times about it , mind you that was some time ago.

So do you take the veg ect to market ?
If you were to have lower prices than others you would actually end up selling more because more people would come to you.

Reactions: My Dreams and Debp

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Mydreams did You have or worked at a travel shop at one time, what ever happened to that business ?
I just remember you asking for prayers a few times about it , mind you that was some time ago.

If you were to have lower prices than others you would actually end up selling more because more people would come to you.
I have license to run a travel and mobile and tv recharge shop , but I was not able to take a shop on rent so have not run this travel business. I have been through many challenges and now in low period in life
I am seeing others selling here vegetables so I think it's an opportunity to make profit but one can interact and talk to others.

Reactions: Debp

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India

In this video at 44 sec you can see something written on my T-Shirt