Is Jesus 100% man and 100% God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many good Christians who believe God is Almighty in such a way that He lives in a hyper-dimensional-universe and moves through them. Folks believe it's been proven mathematically that God can exist in a 6 dimensional-hyper-space that would allow Him to walk through walls and any other solid object in our 3-dimensional world. They also talk about the mathematics of 10/11 dimensions that implies how God can be everywhere at once and all powerful and all knowing. Now that hyper-dimensional-universe may be true. But what seems pretty darn clear to me is that such thinking puts God outside of my reach. Knowing God probably interacts with me within the same boundaries He set up for me to function in has brought my relationship with Him closer.
That's good, and God has indeed intended to interact with us.

However, that is not the end of the matter, just the means, and is therefore its own universe. As it is written, it just "the beginning."..."In the beginning."

The end of the matter, is rather that we are first planted like seeds that become born again of Him, to be come "One" with Him.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you suppose happened when Christ who was with the Father before the foundation of the world, from His own words, made Himself of no reputation, but humbled Himself to the will of the Father and became man?

I thought so, you have no idea! And neither does any other man who has ever lived on this earth other than Christ Himself.

From this Scripture we dabble into the unknown and come to the conclusion that Christ was with Father and was Deity in infinity past.

I nominate this post for the most illogical post of all time.

Appeal To Ignorance. I do not suppose. That you come to a conclusion based on the lack of evidence is profoundly illogical. Why do you not accept Jesus' explicit words that he has a God who is the only true God?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you also say that you are 100% heart, brain, skin, and teeth? Or perhaps you know of someone who is both 100% horse and 100% chicken?
LOL. No. But I did answer your question. Did you read the article about the double split experiment defying logic?

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 2:5-6 . . Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in God’s
form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to
God.

Probably the best way to interpret that passage is to go all the way back to
the very beginning.

Adam and Eve came into the world in the form of God, i.e. His image and
likeness.

Jesus too came into the world in the form of God, i.e. His image and
likeness.

Eve was presented with an opportunity to be equal to God; and went for it.

No doubt sometime during Jesus' temptation, he too was presented with
an opportunity to be equal with God. But Jesus refused; and the rest is
history.

Philippians 2:7-8 . . No, but he emptied himself and took a slave’s form
and came to be in the likeness of men. More than that, when he found
himself in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient as far
as death, yes, death on a torture stake.
_

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I nominate this post for the most illogical post of all time.

Appeal To Ignorance. I do not suppose. That you come to a conclusion based on the lack of evidence is profoundly illogical. Why do you not accept Jesus' explicit words that he has a God who is the only true God?

I won't argue that I'm ignorant, that would fit me perfectly.

But I will argue the identity of the One True God.

The One True God is the Creator among many other things.

And the Scripture tells us repeatedly that Jesus Christ is that Creator.

So when Scripture says, the One True God and Jesus Christ who you sent, was said by Christ Himself. The Christ who waved His status of being God and made Himself of no reputation, who humbled Himself and took on the flesh of man to redeem man, who without His power as God, depended wholly on His Father to guide Him. The Christ who came from the Throne Room of God and became a peasant, born in a feed trough.

I argue that peasant to be the God Almighty, the Creator of this world!

Reactions: dhh712

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Scripture tells us repeatedly that Jesus Christ is that Creator.
Not one time does Scripture tell us Jesus is the Creator. A simple way to know is that trinitarians attempt to impose their doctrine onto unitarian text. That is, there is always a valid way to interpret Scritpture that undermines the inherently contradictory doctrine.

And always keep in mind that Jesus was given all authority for one simple reason; he is not the Creator who had the authority to give.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not one time does Scripture tell us Jesus is the Creator. A simple way to know is that trinitarians attempt to impose their doctrine onto unitarian text. That is, there is always a valid way to interpret Scritpture that undermines the inherently contradictory doctrine.

Another poster pointed out that 2 Scriptures say that Jesus is heir with us in God's inheritance. IF Jesus were the Creator God, he would not be an heir to God's inheritance.

How is it that you can't understand that Jesus Christ became a man, and at the same time became the Son of God in that humanity?

In His humanity we are His brothers and sisters, heirs of the Kingdom of Father, that Christ earned in His death, burial, and resurrection to redeem man.

Through His humanity we can actually call the Creator of the universe our Brother. Imagine that!

No one can explain the relationship between the Father and the Son, but we know that the One we call Jesus Christ is the God that created all things. I have shown you several times in Scripture where John and Paul both plainly declare Him the Creator.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And always keep in mind that Jesus was given all authority for one simple reason;

Yes, but the reason is expressed here:

Philippians 2:7-8 LITV
7) but emptied Himself, taking the form of a slave, having become in the likeness of men
8) and being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, having become obedient until death, even the death of a cross.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but the reason is expressed here
No. No rationalization that means he was God. He was not God and that is why he was given authority, by the Creator, his God and our Father. And this is explained explicitly below. Note the juxtaposition of God (not "the Father" but God - in his unitarian nature) from Jesus, only the case because they are different beings.

23 But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

24 After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power. 25 For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet. 26 And the last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.)
1 Corinthians 15:23-27 (NLT)

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says over and over again, not that he became a man, but that he IS a man. Even if men become men, it does not men they are God. How come you cannot understand that?

LOL! "the Word became flesh" what does that mean?

He was with the Father before the foundation of the world.

He was in the form of God/ Spirit.

He conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin.

And you say He did not "become" man!

Christ had to become man in order to pay the sin debt for man. Human blood for the sins of man, taking our place!

He was 100% man whether you accept that or not!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. No rationalization that means he was God. He was not God and that is why he was given authority, by the Creator, his God and our Father. And this is explained explicitly below. Note the juxtaposition of God (not "the Father" but God - in his unitarian nature) from Jesus, only the case because they are different beings.

23 But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

24 After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power. 25 For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet. 26 And the last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.)
1 Corinthians 15:23-27 (NLT)
He was in the form of God.

He took on the form of a servant.

He became obedient.

Meaning, before that, He was something different.

He became obedient. What was He before? Disobedient? Or Sovereign? I'd answer "sovereign", rather than disobedient.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus became literally the Son of God the instant He was born. It is in His humanity that He is the Son of God.

He was God before He became man, and now He is both God and Man. His is the Son of God in His humanity/God in the flesh, and He is God in the Spirit, in one existence. He is the God Man!

Jesus was never a “human”.
Humans are created and come from DUST of the Earth.
The WORD of God came forth OUT FROM Gods Mouth, God Prepared a BODY for Him IN THE LIKENESS AS A MAN, and sent Him to Earth.....and said CALL Him JESUS....and BTW...He SHALL BE called the Son of God....and the day John Raised Jesus up from the water was the day God Declared Him, THIS DAY, begotten of God....Son of God.

Gods Word IS Spirit, IS IN God, Comes forth out from God, Yet remains IN God, IS God.
Nothing that was MADE, was MADE without Gods Word.
From the beginning, Gods Word, has Appeared on Earth, in the likeness of men, men saw Him, men talked to Him...and OT men, called.....
Him a man.....and the Angel of the LORD....and in the OT His name secret..
(Jud 13:17-18)

Jesus, had NO NEED to BE a human, TO KNOW About Humans...
He is the MAKER of humanity.

God does not CHANGE, He didn’t BECOME a man, He APPEARED in the LIKENESS AS A MAN.

The Word of God (JESUS), does not CHANGE, He APPEARED in the LIKENESS AS A MAN.

A human mans EYES can NOT SEE spiritual things.
A human CAN learn the Wisdom of WHAT IS Spiritual, (WITHOUT SEEING), But By observing and experiencing His Works.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! "the Word became flesh" what does that mean?
A poetic way to say Jesus is a prophet. This is what prophets do, speak the word of God but while they are in a human body. It means Jesus is not God but God put his words into the mouth of one of the people of Israel - just like God said in Acts he'd do for his servant Jesus.

“The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him. 16 For this is what you yourselves requested of the Lord your God when you were assembled at Mount Sinai.[a] You said, ‘Don’t let us hear the voice of the Lord our God anymore or see this blazing fire, for we will die.’

17 “Then the Lord said to me, ‘What they have said is right. 18 I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell the people everything I command him.
Deuteronomy 18:15-18

Acts 3:13-15
13 For it is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—the God of all our ancestors—who has brought glory to his servant Jesus ... God raised him from the dead

26 When God raised up his servant, Jesus, he sent him first to you people of Israel, to bless you by turning each of you back from your sinful ways.”
Acts 3:26

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is unchanging, right?
Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever! If you think God can change, it means that He either becomes defective, or improves, neither of which would fit Scripture.

So when God took on flesh, He didn't change His nature, He is still the Creator God. But He took on the form of a servant. Like the guy when he gets to church, he's a CEO of a big company, and he ties an apron around his waist, and stand behind the counter handing the breakfastees their plates. He's still the CEO of a big company. He hasn't changed. But he has taken the form of a servant. And instead of issuing the orders throughout his organization, now he is taking orders, he's doing as he is told. When he goes back to work on Monday, he's still CEO. He never changed. Something like that.

Much love!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was never a “human”.
Humans are created and come from DUST of the Earth.
The WORD of God came forth OUT FROM Gods Mouth, God Prepared a BODY for Him IN THE LIKENESS AS A MAN, and sent Him to Earth.....and said CALL Him JESUS....and BTW...He SHALL BE called the Son of God....and the day John Raised Jesus up from the water was the day God Declared Him, THIS DAY, begotten of God....Son of God.

Gods Word IS Spirit, IS IN God, Comes forth out from God, Yet remains IN God, IS God.
Nothing that was MADE, was MADE without Gods Word.
From the beginning, Gods Word, has Appeared on Earth, in the likeness of men, men saw Him, men talked to Him...and OT men, called.....
Him a man.....and the Angel of the LORD....and in the OT His name secret..
(Jud 13:17-18)

Jesus, had NO NEED to BE a human, TO KNOW About Humans...
He is the MAKER of humanity.

God does not CHANGE, He didn’t BECOME a man, He APPEARED in the LIKENESS AS A MAN.

The Word of God (JESUS), does not CHANGE, He APPEARED in the LIKENESS AS A MAN.

A human mans EYES can NOT SEE spiritual things.
A human CAN learn the Wisdom of WHAT IS Spiritual, (WITHOUT SEEING), But By observing and experiencing His Works.

Yes, He had a reason to be a man! God demands the blood of man for his sins, that sin was committed in the flesh of a human being.

That sin must be paid by the same flesh and blood of a human being. God plainly said that blood is the atonement for the soul.

He was indeed 100% man! He was not born the same as us in procreation, but He was a human being in all ways "in the likeness of man.

I say this based on Heb. 2:17
"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people."

He was not made the same way as we are, the reason for "made like" but the end result was a human being just as we are!

Status
Not open for further replies.