Is Jesus 100% man and 100% God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, Taken, but I have to disagree! His body and His blood had everything to do with mankind.

That's proven in the Lord's Supper.

His body was offered up as a sacrifice for mankind.

His blood was shed for the forgiveness of our sins.

Everything that He did effected mankind.

You say you disagree, then tell me of His EFFECT on mankind.
I did not address His EFFECT on mankind.

I addressed HIS Being, HIS Essence, HIS Existence HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MANKIND.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say you disagree, then tell me of His EFFECT on mankind.
I did not address His EFFECT on mankind.

I addressed HIS Being, HIS Essence, HIS Existence HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MANKIND.

This is what you wrote in post# 58, and that is what I responded to.

"I always wondered, then read and learned and Believe The Word of God. Jesus’ BODY, Jesus’ BLOOD...had NOTHING to do WITH mankind."

Did I misunderstand this in some way?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what you wrote in post# 58, and that is what I responded to.

"I always wondered, then read and learned and Believe The Word of God. Jesus’ BODY, Jesus’ BLOOD...had NOTHING to do WITH mankind."

Did I misunderstand this in some way?

I think I clarified ...

Jesus’ body and blood.....was not, is not, the will, works, result of, humans.

Jesus’ body and blood......was not OF mankind, but was FOR mankind.

Some people TEACH.....Jesus’ body and blood was “OF” mankind...even going so far as to flat out TEACH, Jesus had “Mary’s DNA”!

(Example: Thread: BOL Unproven Claims page 27; Post #258)

Scripture teaches the Spirit of God entered Mary’s womb.
Catholic teaching is God Fertilized Mary’s Seed, with Gods Seed.

(Uh.... someone having a memory lapse, or not know history?
Angelic spirits that fertilized a human woman’s seed with their seed, were call an abomination, and are presently chained in hell.)

And that is what God Himself DID? Pfff.....No!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think I clarified ...

Jesus’ body and blood.....was not, is not, the will, works, result of, humans.

Jesus’ body and blood......was not OF mankind, but was FOR mankind.

Some people TEACH.....Jesus’ body and blood was “OF” mankind...even going so far as to flat out TEACH, Jesus had “Mary’s DNA”!

(Example: Thread: BOL Unproven Claims page 27; Post #258)

Scripture teaches the Spirit of God entered Mary’s womb.
Catholic teaching is God Fertilized Mary’s Seed, with Gods Seed.

(Uh.... someone having a memory lapse, or not know history?
Angelic spirits that fertilized a human woman’s seed with their seed, were call an abomination, and are presently chained in hell.)

And that is what God Himself DID? Pfff.....No!
@Taken The Lord Jesus' was real humanity, sin apart.

The Chalcedonian Creed

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is Saviour and High Priest, and Mediator as a man, who happens to be God.

In the JW religion, it is impossible for someone to exist as a spirit being and
a physical being simultaneously. Well; seeing as it is impossible for God to
die, then it would be impossible to transfer His life force to the ovum of the
virgin girl, Mary.

And besides; with God dead, who would process the transfer for Him?

My unsolicited spiritual counseling is that everyone stop quarreling with JWs
over Jesus' deity and focus instead upon the characteristics of his
resurrection because according to Rom 10:9, his resurrection is one of the
essential elements of the gospel that must be accepted or risk ending up on
the wrong side of things.
_

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charlie asked you what does it mean that "the word became flesh." You answered,

A poetic way to say Jesus is a prophet. This is what prophets do, speak the word of God but while they are in a human body. It means Jesus is not God but God put his words into the mouth of one of the people of Israel - just like God said in Acts he'd do for his servant Jesus.

So I'm suggesting instead of emptying it of the meaning given by the actual wording, calling it "poetic", what if you accepted it as a propositional statement of truth, much like saying, My coffee has become cold, or, my country is turning communist, like that. The word became flesh. The Word was with God, the Word was God, and the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us.

Not so much poetic, more just descriptive?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After ongoing the changes you mentioned, yes. But that was not my question.

You do realize the trinity ≠ Jesus is God, right?
If I change jobs, I'm not a different person. Not an exact analogy, but still.

Jesus being in the Trinity is in fact God.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
_

I think so also. And it's over His coming in flesh (remaining) that John differentiates who is antichrist. Those who deny it.

Much love!

Reactions: RLT63

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! "the Word became flesh" what does that mean?

He was with the Father before the foundation of the world.

He was in the form of God/ Spirit.

He conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin.

And you say He did not "become" man!

Christ had to become man in order to pay the sin debt for man. Human blood for the sins of man, taking our place!

He was 100% man whether you accept that or not!
"Before Abraham was, I am." Before Abraham did exist, I do exist.

"Glorify me with the glory I had with you before the foundation of the world."

We accept that.

Much love!

Reactions: RLT63 and Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the JW religion, it is impossible for someone to exist as a spirit being and
a physical being simultaneously. Well; seeing as it is impossible for God to
die, then it would be impossible to transfer His life force to the ovum of the
virgin girl, Mary.

And besides; with God dead, who would process the transfer for Him?

_

We don't know what is possible with God, and the nature of God is a total mystery to us.

The Scripture does not explain this, i think because we couldn't understand if it did.

All I'm trying to do is help Wrangler understand what little we do know, or what I have found over the years.

I think argument is good, if something is being accomplished, if nothing more that having a better understanding of why someone believes differently than you.

Reactions: marks

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can be 100% Mexican and get citizenship in the United States be 100% American. Jesus' citizenship made him 100% man but he didn't give up his deity.

Were you still yourself when you were a citizen in both Mexico and America? Or did you turn into something else?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 1:1-3, John 1:14, and 1 Corinthians 15:45-47 strongly suggest that
Christ exists as a spirit being and a material being simultaneously. How an
existence like that is even remotely possible, I honestly don't know. It's one
of Christianity's many supernatural elements that Jesus' followers have to
take on blind faith; so to speak.

Faith is believin' what you know ain't so.

(Mark Twain)
_

Translating pistis as “faith” instead of “trust” has obscured the simple truth that we don’t trust what we don’t understand. Most people are not really sure of what “faith” is and so they accept the Church teaching that they can have faith in something they don’t understand. We can “accept” something and not argue about it even if we don’t understand it, but “accepting” something is not “trust.” Once we realize pistis means “trust” is when we can understand that the phrase “take it by faith” is equivalent to “just trust me.” We become suspicious and are inclined not to trust a salesperson when they say “just trust me” and so we should also think twice when someone is talking about a biblical subject and says “just take it by faith.” It should be a signal to us when a person teaching cannot explain the doctrine they are teaching and or that the doctrine is untrustworthy when we are told to “take it by faith.” The biblical meaning of the Greek word pistis is “trust” but that is not its primary meaning “on the street” today. Many Christians and most non-Christians think “faith” means “firm belief in something for which there is no proof” (Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th edition, 2004).

Often that definition has been used to ridicule Christians and admittedly “believing in something for which there is no proof” and that seems like a questionable practice. So how did that non-biblical definition of “faith” develop? Doctrines were brought into Christianity over the centuries that were not biblically sound and some were not even logical. When those doctrines were questioned because there was no proper biblical answer is why the answer often given by the church authorities was simply “take it by faith.” The history of the Christian Church has many examples of wonderful Christians who were pressured or tortured into taking things “by faith” that did not make sense to them. Thus, over time “faith” came to mean a belief in something for which there is no proof, and the average Christian is not enough of a linguist to know that the commonly accepted definition of faith is not the actual biblical definition of the Greek and Latin text, and so they wrongly think that “belief in something for which there is no proof” is a biblical definition of “faith.”

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christians and most non-Christians think “faith” means “firm belief in something for which there is no proof” (Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, 11th edition, 2004).

Often that definition has been used to ridicule Christians and admittedly “believing in something for which there is no proof” and that seems like a questionable practice.
Definitely deserves its own thread!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 11:1 . . Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the
evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

They say that seeing is believing. Well; the above says believing is seeing.

Let's face it guys: we have no evidence to present in a court of law for
proving beyond a hint of sensible doubt that Jesus' crucified dead body
was restored to life.

John 20:29 . . Jesus said to him: Because you have seen me have you
believed? Happy are those who do not see and yet believe.

Are we happy? Or just plain stupid?
_

Last edited:

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is of the spiritual realm, man can't understand this. I can show you where it originated, and I can explain it to you, but I can convince you of nothing, that is the work of the Lord to open your eyes, if it is possible for your eyes to be opened!

Phil. 2:5-11
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

If you don't believe that Jesus Christ is God, then don't ever expect to understand this, The truth is, Jesus Christ became man to deliver us from our sins. Let me explain why He had to become man.

Lev. 17:11
"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

God demands the blood of man for his sins! Here in this verse is the explanation of why Christ/God had to become man. He came to shed His blood in our place!

The blood that God has given on the alter is the blood of animals that represents the blood Christ would shed for us. This is why the Sacrificial System of Law of Moses was initiated.

Man's sin is in the flesh, and that sin must be paid in the flesh. The purpose of Christ becoming man!

I can explain in much more detail, but what advantage will that give us if we can't get as far as Christ being God? It will profit us nothing! I will be speaking into the wind!
The devils believe there is one God and tremble , so the trinity doctrine is below spiritual understanding of devils . According to James . Only The Lord God almighty is 100 % God .
Jesus often revealed he is less than 100 % God in many ways . Truly the Son of God . If you people can not understand this truth . The devils will romp over you with errors .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devils believe there is one God and tremble , so the trinity doctrine is below spiritual understanding of devils . According to James . Only The Lord God almighty is 100 % God .
Jesus often revealed he is less than 100 % God in many ways . Truly the Son of God . If you people can not understand this truth . The devils will romp over you with errors .

He was made a little lower than the angels in His humanity. He made Himself of no reputation concerning His deity, with His eyes set on the Cross to redeem man. He didn't redeem us as Deity, He redeemed us as one of us, a man. The righteousness freely given to us by Grace through faith, is the righteousness He earned in His humanity!

The Man who was God and humbled Himself through humanity to deliver you from your sins.

He has always been the Creator as illustrated in Scripture several times, but now He is the Saviour through that humanity. He is your God, Lord, Creator, Saviour, Mediator, Advocate, and the Heir of all things that He has chosen to share with you!

This is why Paul said that "all things were created by Him and for Him." What He did in redeeming man through his humanity, the Father has appointed Him/Jesus Christ the Heir of all things. In other words, it was all for Him through what He has done. Christ created His own Kingdom in which He will rule by the will of the Father.

Christ is "the fulness of the Godhead bodily" as Paul also told us!

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was made a little lower than the angels in His humanity. He made Himself of no reputation concerning His deity, with His eyes set on the Cross to redeem man. He didn't redeem us as Deity, He redeemed us as one of us, a man. The righteousness freely given to us by Grace through faith, is the righteousness He earned in His humanity!

The Man who was God and humbled Himself through humanity to deliver you from your sins.

He has always been the Creator as illustrated in Scripture several times, but now He is the Saviour through that humanity. He is your God, Lord, Creator, Saviour, Mediator, Advocate, and the Heir of all things that He has chosen to share with you!

This is why Paul said that "all things were created by Him and for Him." What He did in redeeming man through his humanity, the Father has appointed Him/Jesus Christ the Heir of all things. In other words, it was all for Him through what He has done. Christ created His own Kingdom in which He will rule by the will of the Father.

Christ is "the fulness of the Godhead bodily" as Paul also told us!
The errors are so many I don’t know where to begin. Spirit of truth is not here .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His humanity. His deity...

“His humanity, His deity”.... that is the conundrum.

When a DADDY, humbles himself; stoops down to the eye level of his toddler child, plays with the child and child’s toddler toys on the child’s level of understanding....Does that DADDY, then BECOME...
Understood TO BE:
100% Toddler and 100% Daddy?

That’s a parallel picture I see, when men apply the 100% /100% Mathematical equation to Christ Jesus.

Just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.