Is Jesus 100% man and 100% God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 11:1 . . Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the
evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

They say that seeing is believing. Well; the above says believing is seeing.

Let's face it guys: we have no evidence to present in a court of law for
proving beyond a hint of sensible doubt that Jesus' crucified dead body
was restored to life.

John 20:29 . . Jesus said to him: Because you have seen me have you
believed? Happy are those who do not see and yet believe.

Are we happy? Or just plain stupid?
_

Operating the spirit of God gives much proof.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the JW religion, it is impossible for someone to exist as a spirit being and
a physical being simultaneously. Well; seeing as it is impossible for God to
die, then it would be impossible to transfer His life force to the ovum of the
virgin girl, Mary.

And besides; with God dead, who would process the transfer for Him?

My unsolicited spiritual counseling is that everyone stop quarreling with JWs
over Jesus' deity and focus instead upon the characteristics of his
resurrection because according to Rom 10:9, his resurrection is one of the
essential elements of the gospel that must be accepted or risk ending up on
the wrong side of things.
_

I was never a JW

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pronouns in the Bible that refer to “God” are singular and there are lots of them. “The Hebrew Bible and the New Testament contain well over twenty thousand pronouns and verbs describing the One God” (Anthony Buzzard and Charles Hunting, The Doctrine of the Trinity: Christianity’s Self-inflicted Wound, International Scholars Publications, New York, 1998, p. 17). Singular pronouns include “I” “my” and “he.” We would expect it to say “For God so loved the world that they gave the Father’s only begotten Son….” if “God” were composed of three co-equal beings who each had their own mind and together agreed to send Christ. The fact that the pronouns in the Bible refer to “God” as a singular being is also evidence that there is no Trinity.

The Old Testament prophecies about the coming Messiah foretold that he would be a human being who would be the offspring of Eve (Genesis 3:15); a descendant of Abraham (Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18); a descendant of Judah (Genesis 49:10; a prophet like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15); a son of David (2 Samuel 7:12-13; Isaiah 11:1); a king ruling under Yahweh (Psalm 110:1); and a ruler from among the people of Israel (Jeremiah 30:21). That explains why the people were all expecting a human Messiah. Psalm 110:1 merits special attention because it's especially clear but has been misunderstood and misrepresented by most English versions that read “The LORD says to my Lord….” The word “LORD” is Yahweh, but many Trinitarian commentators argue that “my Lord” in this verse is the Hebrew word "adonai" that is another name for God, and that would provide proof of the divinity of the Messiah. But the Hebrew text does not use "adonai" but rather "adoni" which is always used in Scripture to describe human masters and lords, but never God.

The Old Testament refers to the Messiah as “one like a son of man” and the phrase “son of man” was a Semitic idiom for a human being and it's used that way throughout the Old Testament. The phrase “son of man” also became a title of the Messiah when Daniel referred to him as “one like a son of man” (Daniel 7:13) and that explains why Jesus called himself “the son of man” many times. The use of the “son of man” in reference to the Messiah is one more piece of evidence that Jesus was fully human and one more reason that people were expecting the Messiah to be human. The New Testament teaches Jesus was a man and Jesus himself said he was “a man who has told you the truth” John 8:40. Jesus was not being disingenuous and hiding his “divine nature” but rather was making a factual statement that reinforced what the Jews were expecting of the Messiah—that he would be a fully human man.

The apostles also taught Jesus was a man and we see this when the Apostle Peter spoke in his sermon to the crowds gathered on the Day of Pentecost making a very clear declaration that Jesus was a man approved of God: “Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you…” (Acts 2:22). Here Peter clearly taught that Jesus was a man and that God did miracles “by him.” Paul also taught Jesus was a man and we can see that when he was in Athens teaching a crowd of unsaved Gentiles about Jesus Christ and said that God would judge the world “by the man whom He has appointed” (Acts 17:31). Paul never said or implied that Jesus was anything but a “man.”

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pronouns in the Bible that refer to “God” are singular and there are lots of them. “The Hebrew Bible and the New Testament contain well over twenty thousand pronouns and verbs describing the One God” (Anthony Buzzard and Charles Hunting, The Doctrine of the Trinity: Christianity’s Self-inflicted Wound, International Scholars Publications, New York, 1998, p. 17). Singular pronouns include “I” “my” and “he.” We would expect it to say “For God so loved the world that they gave the Father’s only begotten Son….” if “God” were composed of three co-equal beings who each had their own mind and together agreed to send Christ. The fact that the pronouns in the Bible refer to “God” as a singular being is also evidence that there is no Trinity.

The Old Testament prophecies about the coming Messiah foretold that he would be a human being who would be the offspring of Eve (Genesis 3:15); a descendant of Abraham (Genesis 12:3; 18:18; 22:18); a descendant of Judah (Genesis 49:10; a prophet like Moses (Deuteronomy 18:15); a son of David (2 Samuel 7:12-13; Isaiah 11:1); a king ruling under Yahweh (Psalm 110:1); and a ruler from among the people of Israel (Jeremiah 30:21). That explains why the people were all expecting a human Messiah. Psalm 110:1 merits special attention because it's especially clear but has been misunderstood and misrepresented by most English versions that read “The LORD says to my Lord….” The word “LORD” is Yahweh, but many Trinitarian commentators argue that “my Lord” in this verse is the Hebrew word "adonai" that is another name for God, and that would provide proof of the divinity of the Messiah. But the Hebrew text does not use "adonai" but rather "adoni" which is always used in Scripture to describe human masters and lords, but never God.

The Old Testament refers to the Messiah as “one like a son of man” and the phrase “son of man” was a Semitic idiom for a human being and it's used that way throughout the Old Testament. The phrase “son of man” also became a title of the Messiah when Daniel referred to him as “one like a son of man” (Daniel 7:13) and that explains why Jesus called himself “the son of man” many times. The use of the “son of man” in reference to the Messiah is one more piece of evidence that Jesus was fully human and one more reason that people were expecting the Messiah to be human. The New Testament teaches Jesus was a man and Jesus himself said he was “a man who has told you the truth” John 8:40. Jesus was not being disingenuous and hiding his “divine nature” but rather was making a factual statement that reinforced what the Jews were expecting of the Messiah—that he would be a fully human man.

The apostles also taught Jesus was a man and we see this when the Apostle Peter spoke in his sermon to the crowds gathered on the Day of Pentecost making a very clear declaration that Jesus was a man approved of God: “Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you…” (Acts 2:22). Here Peter clearly taught that Jesus was a man and that God did miracles “by him.” Paul also taught Jesus was a man and we can see that when he was in Athens teaching a crowd of unsaved Gentiles about Jesus Christ and said that God would judge the world “by the man whom He has appointed” (Acts 17:31). Paul never said or implied that Jesus was anything but a “man.”

It is my position that there is not enough emphasis placed on the humanity of Christ. What He accomplished as a Man, and why that was necessary.

The Scripture places all emphasis on Christ the Man for a reason. But yet, Paul tells us that "all things were created by Him and for Him." Through this creation, we see the necessity for His humanity to redeem lost man.

So we can't say that Paul never implied Christ to be anything other than Man. That He is the Creator is not the focus of God's plan for mankind. The focus is on what the Man did.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Knowing God probably interacts with me within the same boundaries He set up for me to function in
Myself, I understand God to be outside of this space time continuum, not bound by the rules He designed for this continuum. So that He can act in any manner that suits Him, and when they don't fit our laws of physics, we call them miracles.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 1:1-3, John 1:14, and 1 Corinthians 15:45-47 strongly suggest that
Christ exists as a spirit being and a material being simultaneously. How an
existence like that is even remotely possible, I honestly don't know. It's one
of Christianity's many supernatural elements that Jesus' followers have to
take on blind faith; so to speak.

_
We just accept what the Bible teaches, even if we can't explain the physics of what we find.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Board Statement of Faith

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

Why are you here?

Much love!

Reactions: Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Board Statement of Faith

We believe that God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of the universe. We attest that God has eternally existed in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God. (Genesis 1:1, 26-27, Genesis 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Psalm 90:2, John 1:1, John 10:30, Romans 3:30, II Corinthians 13:14, I Peter 1:2)

We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a completely sinless human life and offered himself freely on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all, according to God’s plan revealed from the beginning. After three days, Jesus arose from the dead to demonstrate his power over death. He ascended to heaven to await his future return as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 9:6-7, Matthew 1:22-25, John 1:1-5, John 14:10-30, Acts 1:9-11, Romans 1:3-4, I Corinthians 15:3-4, I Timothy 6:14-15, Titus 2:3, Hebrews 4:14-15)

We believe that the Holy Spirit is equal with the Father and Son (Jesus). He is present in this world as an intercessor to make men and women aware of their need for Jesus the Christ. The Holy Spirit resides in every believer from the moment of salvation. He empowers the Christian with strength for living, understanding the truth, witnessing to others, and in doing what is right. (John 14:16-17, John 16:7-13, Acts 1:8, I Corinthians 2:12, I Corinthians 3:16, II Corinthians 3:17, Galatians 5:16-25, Ephesians 1:13-14, Ephesians 5:18-21)

Why are you here?

Much love!

I have no doubt the great apostle would sign this and pass it on!

Let's hope it never changes.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Justbodg wrote in part...

"I have heard of this 100% man and 100% God before.

""""And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."""

Notice....>"and being found in fashion as a man".. in other words, being found in a man's body.... HE = humbled Himself.

Who is HE?

Who was found IN a man's body, "in fashion as a man"?

Who is that? who by doing this was humbling Himself ..... for your sin and mine?

Who came down from Heaven, who is the Bread of Life... to humble themself, for your sin and mine, and had to become a HUMAN to do it?
That is the 2nd Adam.

A.) God as Christ.

Jesus the man.

Jesus said...>"i am from ABOVE, and YOU are from BELOW"...
Jesus is the "bread of Heaven come down from heaven".
Jesus said..."if you have seen me, you have seen the Father".
Jesus said..>"i and my Father are one"..

God said...."Let US..... make man.....in OUR image"

GOD = US ..... OUR...

See that? That is Christ the pre-incarnate WORD, found in John 1, who "was GOD"....and now is "found in fashion as a man"..

The GOD man.
Jesus THE Christ

Reactions: Charlie24

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
""""And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."""

Notice....>"and being found in fashion as a man".. in other words, being found in a man's body.... HE = humbled Himself.

Who is HE?

Who is that? who by doing this was humbling Himself ..... for your sin and mine?

Who came down from Heaven, who is the Bread of Life... to humble themself, for your sin and mine, and had to become a HUMAN to do it?
That is the 2nd Adam.

A.) God as Christ.

Jesus the man.

GOD = US ..... OUR...

See that? That is Christ the pre-incarnate WORD, found in John 1, who "was GOD"....and now is "found in fashion as a man"..

The GOD man.
Jesus THE Christ

When can we book you to preach a revival at our Church?

That's some good stuff right there!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no doubt the great apostle would sign this and pass it on!

Let's hope it never changes.
I just have to question the honorability of those who agree to this when they become members, only to go on to attempt to subvert it in the course of their membership.

It's living a lie. But then I have to imagine that those who engage themselves thusly just don't care about things like that, honor, honesty, integrity, like that.

Much love!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is HE?

That is the 2nd Adam.

A.) God as Christ.

Jesus the man.

GOD = US ..... OUR...

The GOD man.
Jesus THE Christ

I woke up this morning and I said to God in my spirit that I still find myself in the fashion of a man. And the word of the Lord came unto me saying "Well, Peterlag... that's the body you are still in."

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I woke up this morning and I said to God in my spirit that I still find myself in the fashion of a man. And the word of the Lord came unto me saying "Well, Peterlag... that's the body you are still in."
Word games. Very convincing!

;)

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just have to question the honorability of those who agree to this when they become members, only to go on to attempt to subvert it in the course of their membership.

It's living a lie. But then I have to imagine that those who engage themselves thusly just don't care about things like that, honor, honesty, integrity, like that.

Much love!

I look at it as a challenge. Can I show them from Scripture why we believe this?

That is what I try to do. Of course I fail at times, but it makes me more determined.

They can believe whatever they want, but I want to make sure they understand why I disagree.

That can only be done with Scripture and time to build a case around that Scripture.

So don't be discouraged, take the challenge and enjoy the fact you are learning the most important information any man could possibly know, the Word of God!

I'm lazy now and have to be pushed to learn, these are the ones who push me.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Myself, I understand God to be outside of this space time continuum, not bound by the rules He designed for this continuum. So that He can act in any manner that suits Him, and when they don't fit our laws of physics, we call them miracles.

Much love!

I agree. But we cannot say that everything we don't understand is because it's a mystery from God. Cause He's not hiding stuff from us. He wants us to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.