Is Jesus God Himself or God the Son?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"God The Father, Spoke To God The Son"

"Thy Throne OH "God", Case Settled!

Hebrews 1:8KJV
8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

What case are you saying, without saying, is settled?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus God Himself or God the Son??

For all of those who say that Jesus is God Himself or even God The Son, you first have to ask you self, Is God Capable of telling a lie?

Hebrews 6:18 “That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:”

Now John 1:1,14 are the two verses that are utilized in establishing that Jesus is God Himself.

Paul never once said that God called Jesus God. They use Hebrews 1:8 to establish this false fact…

Show me, in the Bible, where God ever told Jesus “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”

Reading the new testament, there is no such place where God ever said that to Jesus.. David does make this statement in Psalms 45:6 when David wrote it praising God, “Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.”

Back to the capable of telling a lie…

Jesus said that he could do nothing of himself, yet you claim he is “God the Son” thereby God Himself…

Jesus said that he has not come to destroy the Laws or the Prophets, yet you claim he is God Himself and call him a liar if you do not keep the commandments of God as Jesus himself makes clear when he was asked directly what must be don to inherit eternal life…

If you loved Jesus at all, and claim him to be God Himself, then you would keep his commandments. John 14:15 “If ye love me, keep my commandments.”

Jesus never once said that he came down to do his own will, yet you claim him to be God Himself. John 6:38 “For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Jesus clearly says who God is to him and to others when he spoke to Mary after his resurrection. John 20:17 “Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.”

Before that he made this statement explain that the one the Jews say is their God. John 8:54 “Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:”

False doctrine is false doctrine, the Bible does not teach a “Triune God anywhere in it.

I could list every single piece of scripture people use to establish Jesus as being God but, I won’t.

Before you post your scriptures make sure that they do not make Jesus nor God Himself out to be a liar.

I am sure that there will be a lot of you who will ignore what I have written, in fact I know you will. It will show in your defense of your False doctrine…

You will give me all kinds of theories of “How you believe the Bible says that Jesus is God Himself” but you will never not once Show me where the Bible explains how it is possible for God to tell a lie. Which will be ignored…

You claim that the Bible is God’s word, thereby calling God Himself a liar. John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” Yet you ignore the very word of God…

Use Matthew-John to prove God is capable of telling a lie.. you cannot use You can use Peter, 1-3 John and James as well as they were with Jesus and were his disciples. Paul was not a disciple of Jesus did not walk with Jesus during his ministries on earth. And if you claim that Jesus spoke to him, Since you claim that Jesus is God Himself and that God only Speaks through Scripture, Remember Paul was on a road sleeping when he heard a voice and he looked up and seen him… Saul is commonly known as Paul… Acts 9:1-19, this tells the story of Paul’s Conversion and calling to preach…

According to the "Doctrine of the Trinity", it doesn't matter whom you refer to, you are always referring to God himself...

God is the The Father,
God is the Son,
God is the Holy Spirit.

John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven not to do mine own will but the will of Him that sent me."

Whose will did God Himself come down from heaven to do, if not his own?

If you say that God the Son was doing the will of God the Father, you are still saying that God Himself was still doing his own will.

If you say that the Son was doing the will of the Father, you are still saying that God Himself was doing his own will....

The explanation of the Triune God/Doctrine of the Trinity, and yes the Doctrine of the trinity was developed by the Catholic church, the only thing Protestants, those who are not of the catholic church, did was remove "This is the Catholic Faith" and "So the Catholic religion" from the doctrine... other than that it is all the same and even the oneness believers utilize this same explanation in whole or in part..

"The Father is uncreated,
the Son is uncreated,
the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable,
the Son is immeasurable,
the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal,
the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings;
there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings;
there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty,
the Son is almighty,
the Holy Spirit is almighty.
Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus, the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus, the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord,
so catholic religion forbids us
to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone.
The Son was neither made nor created;
he was begotten from the Father alone.
The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten;
he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly, there is one Father, not three fathers;
there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller;
in their entirety the three persons
are coeternal and coequal
with each other.

So, in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity
and their unity in their trinity."

Well you rconfusion lies in that the term god describes both a person and deity itself or the essence of an entity.

Jesus is not God the Father but is equally god as the Father. I like to use the word divine to distinguish between a person and an essence of "personhood" if you will.

Jesus is just as much divine as His Father, but is subordinate to Him in exaltation and praise and autrhority. for now all authority is given to jesus but as is written in 1 Cor. 15, when Jesus defeats teh final enemy which is death, Jesus Himself submits Himself back to His Father!

That does not negate His equal divinity, just their position within the God head.

A crude example. You have a store. You ahve the owner, manager and worker. they are three separate people, are all equally human, but have different positions of authority.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question for everyone.

Was God manifest IN the flesh or was God manifest INTO flesh?

The former indicates God INSIDE flesh(Christ).

The latter indicates God became flesh.

Choose one.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question for everyone.

Was God manifest IN the flesh or was God manifest INTO flesh?

The former indicates God INSIDE flesh(Christ).

The latter indicates God became flesh.

Choose one.
God the Son not the Father became a man ( in the flesh , a human ) and remains a man permanently. Forever God manifest in the flesh . Cf Colossians 1:19, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1, John 1:14., 1 Timothy 3:16

hope this helps !!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was manifest in the flesh,

Do you grasp the difference between being shown in a thing from being that thing?

If I say they are showing President Biden on or in the TV, it is not taken to mean the TV is the President of the United States.

The Scriptural support for the man-is-god thesis, such desperate reaches as this to make their case. Very sad.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Son not the Father became a man ( in the flesh , a human ) and remains a man permanently. Forever God manifest in the flesh . Cf Colossians 1:19, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1, John 1:14., 1 Timothy 3:16

hope this helps !!!
So, 1 Tim 3:16 says only "God the Son" was manifest in the flesh?

Fascinating break down of "God" in the verse.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, 1 Tim 3:16 says only "God the Son" was manifest in the flesh?

Fascinating break down of "God" in the verse.
Who appeared in the flesh ?

New International Version
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

New Living Translation
Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith: Christ was revealed in a human body and vindicated by the Spirit. He was seen by angels and announced to the nations. He was believed in throughout the world and taken to heaven in glory.

English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory

also see 1 John 4:2-3 and 2 John 1:7

hope this helps !!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who appeared in the flesh ?

New International Version
Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great: He appeared in the flesh, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

New Living Translation
Without question, this is the great mystery of our faith: Christ was revealed in a human body and vindicated by the Spirit. He was seen by angels and announced to the nations. He was believed in throughout the world and taken to heaven in glory.

English Standard Version
Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated by the Spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory

also see 1 John 4:2-3 and 2 John 1:7

hope this helps !!!
You say it secretly means this?...

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: THE SECOND PERSON OF THE GODHEAD was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

...not the other 2 persons?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say it secretly means this?...

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: THE SECOND PERSON OF THE GODHEAD was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

...not the other 2 persons?
Tell me who is the following about the Son, the Holy Spirit or the Father ?

Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:

He appeared in the flesh,- who appeared in the flesh, as a man ?
was vindicated by the Spirit, who was vindicated by the Spirit the Father , Son or Holy Spirit ?
was seen by angels,- who was seen by angels ?
was preached among the nations,- who was preached among the gentiles ?
was believed on in the world,- who was believed on by the world ?

was taken up in glory. who was taken up to glory ?

I rest my case

next

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hope this helps !!!
You mean Jesus remains God in a glorified body of flesh and bone that is eternal, being the first fruit of the resurrection

This same tanginle body that ate physical food on this earth, that entered a room with doors being shut, that could vanish out of sight

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me who is the following about the Son, the Holy Spirit or the Father ?

Beyond all question, the mystery from which true godliness springs is great:

He appeared in the flesh,- who appeared in the flesh, as a man ?
was vindicated by the Spirit, who was vindicated by the Spirit the Father , Son or Holy Spirit ?
was seen by angels,- who was seen by angels ?
was preached among the nations,- who was preached among the gentiles ?
was believed on in the world,- who was believed on by the world ?

was taken up in glory. who was taken up to glory ?

I rest my case

next
So you think the verse says “one of the three persons of the Godhead was manifest in the flesh?”

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the "gospel " of Christ ?

please do tell us of this gospel of yours..............

lets see if it lines up with scripture or if you make the biblical gospel out to be a lie just like you do with Christ.

something tells me since you have a false christ you will also adhere to a false gospel- the two go hand in hand together.

hope this helps !!!
Amen! Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

1 Corinthians 15:1 - Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures..

Galatians 1:11 - But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

So as we can see, the gospel of Christ is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes.. and to "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

2 Corinthians 11:3 - But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

Reactions: ChristisGod

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Amen! Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

1 Corinthians 15:1 - Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. 3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures..

Galatians 1:11 - But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

So as we can see, the gospel of Christ is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes.. and to "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of our salvation.

2 Corinthians 11:3 - But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

Thanks.

The ghost of Billy Graham is smiling.

Do you remember what I said about the gospel a couple of days ago @MatthewG?

Reactions: ChristisGod

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus God Himself or God the Son?
OP ^

Jesus is God Himself in the ”likeness AS” an Earthly Human man, in a body God Prepared, that God Said, call Him, Son of God.

Jesus’ PREPARED BODY, was “LIKE” an Earthly Human mans, with bones and blood, subject to DIE.

What men SHOULD have learned, was Jesus’ BODY was NOT SUBJECT TO, rot, decay, or becoming Dust of the Earth, since His BODY DID NOT COME from Dust of the Earth OR the corrupt Seed of Mankind.

Men who become in the “likeness AS” God, DO NOT BECOME God or Become “without” a beginning;
any more than God BECAME Human “with” a beginning.

Men OF the Dust of the Earth, BECOME in Gods “LIKENESS”, when their natural body’s are born of Gods SEED, and thereafter, “experiencing” THEIR Beginning Life “WITH” God, shall experience LIFE forever, WITH God, Thereafter NOT subject to Death.

God IS NOT a human man.
Human men are NOT God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The gospel example of being preached is this....

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Which concludes with this....

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins
, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

...which is still required as the plan of salvation today.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel example of being preached is this....

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:
15 For these are not runken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Which concludes with this....

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins
, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

...which is still required as the plan of salvation today.
Water baptism is not a part of the gospel plan of salvation. (Acts 15:7-9; Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 1:17; 15:1-4 etc..) Also, in Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.

Also compare the fact that these Gentiles in Acts 10:45 received the gift of the Holy Spirit (compare with Acts 2:38 - the gift of the Holy Spirit) and this was BEFORE water baptism. (Acts 10:47)

In Acts 10:43 we read ..whoever believes in Him receives remission of sins. Again, these Gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts 10:45 - when they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ - Acts 11:17 - (compare with Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved) BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:47. This is referred to as repentance unto life - Acts 11:18.

*So the only logical conclusion when properly harmonizing Scripture with Scripture is that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 13:39; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18) *Perfect Harmony*

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism is not a part of the gospel plan of salvation. (Acts 15:7-9; Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 1:17; 15:1-4 etc..) Also, in Acts 2:38, "for the remission of sins" does not refer back to both clauses, "you all repent" and "each one of you be baptized," but refers only to the first. Peter is saying "repent unto the remission of your sins," the same as in Acts 3:19. The clause "each one of you be baptized" is parenthetical. This is exactly what Acts 3:19 teaches except that Peter omits the parenthesis.

Also compare the fact that these Gentiles in Acts 10:45 received the gift of the Holy Spirit (compare with Acts 2:38 - the gift of the Holy Spirit) and this was BEFORE water baptism. (Acts 10:47)

In Acts 10:43 we read ..whoever believes in Him receives remission of sins. Again, these Gentiles received the gift of the Holy Spirit - Acts 10:45 - when they believed on the Lord Jesus Christ - Acts 11:17 - (compare with Acts 16:31 - Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved) BEFORE water baptism - Acts 10:47. This is referred to as repentance unto life - Acts 11:18.

*So the only logical conclusion when properly harmonizing Scripture with Scripture is that faith in Jesus Christ "implied in genuine repentance" (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 13:39; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18) *Perfect Harmony*
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

...Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,...

..... The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us....

LOL