Is Jesus son of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
(Jackie D;42778)
yes and I believe the verses I provided in my last post clearly indicate this...
Ok, so God was in jesus according to you. I say again God was in Jesus. But God doesn't eat, then how that God ate?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42865)
Ok, so God was in jesus according to you. I say again God was in Jesus. But God doesn't eat, then how that God ate?
http://www.wcg.org/lit/jesus/dualnature.htmHe still had a physical body that required nourishment...no human body can go without food and live. You know that. I think the above link is interesting you may get something from it.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
Wait if God was inside jesus that it means there is only human form not human nature, right?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42876)
Wait if God was inside jesus that it means there is only human form not human nature, right?
no....Jesus was/is God, He was not created by the seed of man.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
Jackie sister thats what I am saying, if he was / is God then how can he eat? God doesn't eat.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42895)
Jackie sister thats what I am saying, if he was / is God then how can he eat? God doesn't eat.
Mazhar, not having the nature born to Him to sin, does not mean that His physical body would not have the same needs, such as food, water, shelter etc...moving on, do you have further questions?

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
1. If belief in the Trinity was such a necessary condition for being a Christian, why didn’t Jesus teach and emphasize it to the Christians during his time? How were those followers of Jesus considered Christians without ever hearing the term Trinity? Had the Trinity been the spinal cord of Christianity, Jesus would have emphasized it on many occasions and would have taught and explained it in detail to the people.2. Christians claim that Jesus was God as they quote in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is John speaking and not Jesus. Also, the Greek word for the first occurrence of God is HOTHEOS which means "the God" or "God" with a capital "G", while the Greek word for its second occurrence is "TONTHEOS", which means "a god " or "god" with a small "g". Isn’t this dishonesty and inconsistency on the part of those translating the Greek Bible? ? Isn’t such quotation in John 1:1 recognized by every Christian scholar of the Bible to have been written by a Jew named Philo Alexandria way before Jesus and John?3. Wasn’t the word "god" or "TONTHEOS" also used to refer to others as well as in II Corinthians 4:4 "(and the Devil is) the god of this world" and in Exodus 7:1 "See , I have made thee (Moses ) a god to Pharaoh"?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42981)
1. If belief in the Trinity was such a necessary condition for being a Christian, why didn’t Jesus teach and emphasize it to the Christians during his time?
Belief in the Trinity is not a necessary condition for being a Christian...where ever did you get that infromation? It is incorrect
2. Christians claim that Jesus was God as they quote in John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". This is John speaking and not Jesus. Also, the Greek word for the first occurrence of God is HOTHEOS which means "the God" or "God" with a capital "G", while the Greek word for its second occurrence is "TONTHEOS", which means "a god " or "god" with a small "g". Isn’t this dishonesty and inconsistency on the part of those translating the Greek Bible? ? Isn’t such quotation in John 1:1 recognized by every Christian scholar of the Bible to have been written by a Jew named Philo Alexandria way before Jesus and John?
I have no idea about this Philo character...I don't get what you point is in the questions or the statements...it appears to be more of an attempt to split hairs.
3. [/B]Wasn’t the word "god" or "TONTHEOS" also used to refer to others as well as in II Corinthians 4:4 "(and the Devil is) the god of this world" and in Exodus 7:1 "See , I have made thee (Moses ) a god to Pharaoh"?
so?

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
(Jackie D;43120)
Belief in the Trinity is not a necessary condition for being a Christian...where ever did you get that infromation? It is incorrect
So are there any christians who does not beleive in trinity?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;43129)
So are there any christians who does not beleive in trinity?
I don't know....

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Mazhar;41068)
Where in the bible, jesus claimed divinity?Is there any statement in the bible, in which jesus himself says that "He is God" or where is says "worship me".Does bible says clearly about trinity?
Matthew 15:9 - But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.Also Mark 7:7

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
Believing in the trinity is not a prerequisite to believe in the Lord or being Christian. The word trinity is not in the Bible, but God is presented as the triune God in many referances such as praying to the Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost. From what I have read you are either Muslim or formerly Muslim. I will admit I have only read a little of this thread.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(RobinD69;43220)
Believing in the trinity is not a prerequisite to believe in the Lord or being Christian. The word trinity is not in the Bible, but God is presented as the triune God in many referances such as praying to the Father, The Son and the Holy Ghost. From what I have read you are either Muslim or formerly Muslim. I will admit I have only read a little of this thread.
Mazhar is Muslim...and I concur, the Trinity Doctrine is not a prerequisite...

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
About Salvation:1. Christians say that "GOD LOST His only son to save us". To whom did God lose Jesus if he owns the whole universe?2. If it was agreeable with God’s Majesty to have sons, He could have created a million sons the like of Jesus. So what is the big clear deal about this only son?3. Why does the Bible say that Jesus wanted to die on the cross, when the one on the cross was shouting "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" according to Matthew 27:45 and Mark 15:33?4. If God had wanted to save us, couldn’t He have done that without sacrificing Jesus?

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Mazhar,About Salvation:1. Christians say that "GOD LOST His only son to save us". To whom did God lose Jesus if he owns the whole universe?2. If it was agreeable with God’s Majesty to have sons, He could have created a million sons the like of Jesus. So what is the big clear deal about this only son?Thunder1:Yes,he could have,but He decided to have one. You have problem with that?3. Why does the Bible say that Jesus wanted to die on the cross, when the one on the cross was shouting "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" according to Matthew 27:45 and Mark 15:33?Thunder1: To do God's will for our sake, your sake.4. If God had wanted to save us, couldn’t He have done that without sacrificing Jesus?Thunder1:That was God's plan. You need to be born again from the Holy Spirit to understand the meaning of it.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
1. Christians say that "GOD LOST His only son to save us". To whom did God lose Jesus if he owns the whole universe?
God the Father did NOT LOSE His Son, He GAVE His Son as sacrifice for the sins of this world past, present and future-including yours. And then He resurrected His Son from the dead and brought Him back into the Kingdom...again, God lost nothing!

zadzial

Mar 23, 2008
(Mazhar;43280)
About Salvation:1. Christians say that "GOD LOST His only son to save us". To whom did God lose Jesus if he owns the whole universe?
God did not lose his Son, he gave him up for us - allowed him to die for our sake. "For God so loved the world he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. " John 3:16(Mazhar;43280)
2. If it was agreeable with God’s Majesty to have sons, He could have created a million sons the like of Jesus. So what is the big clear deal about this only son?
God did not create the Son, the Son was with Father in the beginning. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. " John1:1-5 "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John1:14(Mazhar;43280)
3. Why does the Bible say that Jesus wanted to die on the cross, when the one on the cross was shouting "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" according to Matthew 27:45 and Mark 15:33?
Jesus did not want to die on the cross. He did so because he knew it was the Father's will. First of all, Jesus quoted Psalm 22:1 which begins with, "My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?". Jesus quoted this Psalm in order to draw attention to it and the fact that He was fulfilling it there on the cross. Consider verses 11-18 in Psalm 22:Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. Many bulls have surrounded me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me. They open wide their mouth at me, As a ravening and a roaring lion. I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And Thou dost lay me in the dust of death. For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet. I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me; They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.Jesus is pointing to the scriptures to substantiate His messianic mission. Also in 2 Cor. 5:21 Paul says, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." It is possible that at some moment on the cross, when Jesus became sin on our behalf, that God the Father, in a sense, turned His back upon the Son. It says in Hab. 1:13 that God is too pure to look upon evil. Therefore, it is possible that when Jesus bore our sins in His body on the cross (1 Pet. 2:24), that the Father, spiritually, turned away. At that time, the Son may have cried out. One thing is for sure. We have no capacity to appreciate the utterly horrific experience of having the sins of the world put upon the Lord Jesus as He hung, in excruciating pain, from that cross. The physical pain was immense. The spiritual one must have been even greater. That shows us clearly how much God loves us.(Mazhar;43280)
4. If God had wanted to save us, couldn’t He have done that without sacrificing Jesus?
For a detailed article on why Jesus had to die see the following link: http://www.carm.org/doctrine/Jesusdieforsins.htmHowever, here is a summary:All people have sinned against God. But, God is infinitely holy and righteous. He must punish the sinner, the Law breaker. The punishment for breaking the Law is death, separation from God. Therefore, we sinners need a way to escape the righteous judgment of God. Since we are stained by sin and cannot keep the Law of God, then the only one who could do what we cannot is God Himself. That is why Jesus is God in flesh. He is both divine and human. He was made under the Law (Gal. 4:5-6) and He fulfilled it perfectly. Therefore, His sacrifice to God the Father on our behalf is of infinite value and is sufficient to cleanse all people from their sins and undo the offense to God.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
1. God is Just, and justice requires that nobody should be punished for the sins of others, nor should some people be saved by punishing other people. Doesn’t the claim that God sacrificed Jesus to save us because He was Just, contradict the definition of justice?2. People sacrifice things they have to get something they don’t have when they can’t have both. Christians say that "God SACRIFICED His only son to save us". We know that God is Almighty; to whom did He sacrifice Jesus?3. A real sacrifice is when you can’t get back what you have offered , so what would be the big deal about such a sacrifice if God could recover the same offering? (according to the Christians’ terminology)?

zadzial

Mar 23, 2008
(Mazhar;43338)
1. God is Just, and justice requires that nobody should be punished for the sins of others, nor should some people be saved by punishing other people. Doesn’t the claim that God sacrificed Jesus to save us because He was Just, contradict the definition of justice?
This may be so if God sacrificed someone else to pay for our sins. But God sacrificed himself - the judge took on the punishment of the accused. (Mazhar;43338)
2. People sacrifice things they have to get something they don’t have when they can’t have both. Christians say that "God SACRIFICED His only son to save us". We know that God is Almighty; to whom did He sacrifice Jesus?
I am not sure what you are getting at? God sacrificed Jesus, (let him die), for us, so that we would no longer be alienated from him.(Mazhar;43338)
3. A real sacrifice is when you can’t get back what you have offered , so what would be the big deal about such a sacrifice if God could recover the same offering? (according to the Christians’ terminology)?
The sacrifice that Jesus made was separation from God. Jesus took on the sins of the world. He endured torture and death so that we could come to the Father. Whether Jesus rose to life a few days later or a few millennia later is really not the issue. The point was that Jesus had already made the sacrifice. There is an article that I would suggest that you read. http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/death-o...-christ-faq.htmHowever, if you will not read the article at least read this part, taken directly from the article:The simple definition of death is separation. Jesus and the Father are One and that knowledge was with Jesus through out His life here on earth (John 17:11). However, during the three hours of darkness as Jesus hung on the cross, God judicially placed upon Christ the sin of the world and then turned His face from the Son (Mark 15:34). It was this separation that paid the price for our sin.Pasted from I cannot begin to imagine what it truly meant to the Father and Son for them to be separated. However, I am eternally grateful to Jesus for taking the punishment that was mine, so that I can have a personal relationship with the Father, through the Son.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
1. If all the Christians are saved through Jesus and are going to Heaven no matter what they do, then the teachings of Jesus are irrelevant and the definition of good and bad are also rendered irrelevant. If this is not so, then do Christians who believe in Jesus yet do not follow his teachings nor repent go to Hell?2. How can Christians take deeds as irrelevant after becoming one when Jesus says in Matthew 12:36; "But I say unto you that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment. For by the words thou shalt be justified, and by the words thou shalt be condemned"?3. Christians say that people go to Heaven ONLY THROUGH JESUS, yet Paul says in 1 CORINTHIANS 7:8-16 that the unbelieving husband is acceptable to God because he is united with his wife and vice versa, and their pagan children are also acceptable to God. So people can go to heaven without believing in Jesus according to this. 4. How come the Bible says that ALL Israel is saved although they don’t believe in Jesus? Doesn’t that contradict the claim in the Bible that the only way to heaven is through Jesus? 5. According to Christians, those who have not been baptized will go to Hell. So even the infants and babies go to Hell if not baptized, since they are born with an inherited original sin. Doesn’t this contradict the definition of justice? Why would God punish people for sins they never committed?

Status
Not open for further replies.