Is Jesus son of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
Mazhar, within the Bible it says it is perfect. Within the Qur'an, it says it is perfect. In both cases, it says this perhaps not just like that, but the verses will mean it. Now, if Moses said the Bible will be corrupted, how do you know he wasn't referring to the contradicting Qur'an instead of the more contradicting Bible?Oh, and happy birthday, Mazhar!

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
Thanks Remagoen!Brother I gave much more proof I think. Here is more:Deuteronomy 4:2Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.When GOD Almighty clearly Commanded the followers of His Holy Words to not add anything nor subtract anything from His Words and/or mix them up with man-made corrupt words, then this without any doubt or dispute proves that Deuteronomy 4:2 is indeed a clear-cut proof that the Bible is indeed a corrupt book that is filled with man's lies and alterations in it!And Allah says in quran that this book, the quran is evidence of the previous books. So, I recommend you to study quran. Quran itself says that bible today is just a portion of god not complete i.e. it is corrupted. I have many proofs that bible is corrupted and christian scholars say that.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
Moses was taken to the Pharoah and was told by God to throw his staff down onto the floor in front of Pharoah...Pharoah had his magicians throw their staffs down as well...Moses staff and the magicians staffs all turned into snakes...Moses staff ate the staffs of the magicians...I know this seems a bit strange but I thought is was appropriate for the turn of this topic comparing the Holy Bible to the Qur'an, the one True God to the counterfeit called Allah. The Word of God and the power of God will always expose and destroy the counterfeit. God has and will overpower all counterfeiters and will consume them with the fire of His mouth.blessings

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
There are passages in the Gospels where Jesus blatantly contradicts himself; these contradictions prove that the Gospel has been corrupted. According to the Jesus Seminar, 82% of the words attributed to Jesus were not uttered by him Only 16% of all events whereby Jesus was the principal actor are historically accurate and only 18% of the Jesus sayings—primarily parables and aphorisms- are historically accurate. (http://www.westarinstitute.org/Jesus_Semin...us_seminar.html)Christianity is devoid of truth, these contradictions are massive and irrefutable; they give us the implication that if Jesus said these words, he must have been false. Obviously, Jesus did not utter these words, but he was a true Prophet sent by Almighty God, his so-called followers corrupted his teachings after his departure. The Gospels were composed after the early Christians had become divided into different factions. They were in fact composed to propagate the special teachings of the various schools and their authors showed no hesitation in tampering with the earlier documents and other traditional material regarding the life and teaching of Jesus to bring them in line with the views of their schools. (Ulfat Aziz-us-Samad, International Islamic Federation of Student Organizations, Islam and Christianity, p. 5)Victor Tununenis, an African bishop of the sixth century, wrote a chronicle ending at the year 566. It records that in the year 506 at Constantinople, by order of Emperor Anastasius, “the holy Gospels were censured and corrected”. One of the Church Fathers, a Bishop Dionysius, complained that even his own writings “had been falsified by apostles of the devil”. No wonder, he added “that the Scriptures too were falsified by such persons”. Even Origen had noted that already the differences between copies of the Gospels in his day were “considerable”, partly because of the carelessness of individual scribes but also partly because of the impious audacity of “those who added or removed what seemed good to them in the work of ‘correction’. (Tom Harper, The Pagan Christ, p)The gospels included in the New Testament (NT) are widely agreed to have been written between A.D. 70 and 100. In these four gospels, it is claimed that Jesus taught in Galilee in the opening decades of the first century, worked miracles there, or what at any rate were taken for miracles, and died in Jerusalem at the behest of the Roman governor Pontius Pilate. None of these things are claimed, or even mentioned, in the earliest surviving Christian documents. In other words, none of these supposed historical events are touched upon in extant Christian documents which are either earlier than the gospels or early enough to have been written independently of them (that is, before those gospels or the traditions underlying them had become generally known in Christian circles). (G.A. Wells, Can We Trust the New Testament? p. 1)Look here:“If I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid (John 8:14)vs “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid. (John 5:31)-------------------------------------------The world cannot hate you, but it hates me because I testify that what it does is evil.(John 7:7) vsIf you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. (John 15:19)-------------------------------------------Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. (John 13:34)My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. (John 15:12)vs"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)-------------------------------------------Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)vs Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. (Matthew 10:34)I have come to bring fire on the earth, (Luke 12:49)-------------------------------------------Honour thy father and [thy] mother: (Matthew 19:19)vsFor I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother (Matthew 10:35)-------------------------------------------"Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.") Mark 7:18Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man. (Matthew 15:11)vsAnd the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you. (Leviticus 11:7-8)Wine [is] a mocker, strong drink [is] raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. (Proverbs 20:1)-------------------------------------------These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. (Matthew 10:5)"I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."(Matthew 15:24)vsI tell you the truth, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her." (Matthew 26:13)Therefore go and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19)

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
(Jackie D;42604)
the one True God to the counterfeit called Allah. The Word of God and the power of God will always expose and destroy the counterfeit. God has and will overpower all counterfeiters and will consume them with the fire of His mouth.blessings
How can you say Allah like that? Do you have any evidence? Allah challenges the unbeleiver in quran, I posted it before. So call all your helpers to which you call your God and make a verse a small verse like quran or found any genuine conradiction in quran. Just by sayin that your god is tru and my is not doesn't work.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
(Mazhar;42603)
Thanks Remagoen!Brother I gave much more proof I think. Here is more:Deuteronomy 4:2Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.When GOD Almighty clearly Commanded the followers of His Holy Words to not add anything nor subtract anything from His Words and/or mix them up with man-made corrupt words, then this without any doubt or dispute proves that Deuteronomy 4:2 is indeed a clear-cut proof that the Bible is indeed a corrupt book that is filled with man's lies and alterations in it!And Allah says in quran that this book, the quran is evidence of the previous books. So, I recommend you to study quran. Quran itself says that bible today is just a portion of god not complete i.e. it is corrupted. I have many proofs that bible is corrupted and christian scholars say that.
I have no problems saying the Bible is corrupted, but so is the Qur'an. You keep failing to admit that and you keep saying that the Bible is. Okay, so it is. Now it's time to admit how the Qur'an contradicts itself as well.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42610)
How can you say Allah like that? Do you have any evidence? Allah challenges the unbeleiver in quran, I posted it before. So call all your helpers to which you call your God and make a verse a small verse like quran or found any genuine conradiction in quran. Just by sayin that your god is tru and my is not doesn't work.
it does for me
smile.gif
:bible:

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
(Remagoen;42612)
I have no problems saying the Bible is corrupted, but so is the Qur'an. You keep failing to admit that and you keep saying that the Bible is. Okay, so it is. Now it's time to admit how the Qur'an contradicts itself as well.
First of all brother, I am here to talk about christianity and bible not quran. So do not deviate from the topic please.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42650)
First of all brother, I am here to talk about christianity and bible not quran. So do not deviate from the topic please.
though you aren't addressing me in your last post, it appears that you are not here to have an open mind about Christianity and the Bible but to refute and discredit....so why not lay all of your cards on the table?

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
(Mazhar;42650)
I'm sorry. By how often you continued to bring it up, I thought you wanted to talk about the contradicting Qur'an. Forgive me.If you are hear to talk about the Bible, okay, you're talking about it. So far, you have said that it contradicts and that Jesus isn't the son of God. You seem to know this is true. If you know this is true, even after my fellow Christians have told you other alternatives to your opinions by turning their questions around with them, why are you here?Are you here to show them how their Holy Book contradicts? Or are you here because you are looking for answers in how it doesn't contradict?If you are here for the first reason, I recommend going somewhere else. They don't want to be preached to. If you are here for answers of how it doesn't contradict, you are asking the wrong questions.

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
To sister and brother for last post, I have open mind. I discussed you with logics and I post questions to which I didn't get the answer yet. I am giving proof to you, I am not just bragging or saying it myself. I am giving quotes from bible and I am not misquoting anything or misinterpreting. Now its your duty to analyse. Sister is saying as though I am refuting myself I am quoting the bible with proper meanings.

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
(Mazhar;42739)
To sister and brother for last post, I have open mind. I discussed you with logics and I post questions to which I didn't get the answer yet. I am giving proof to you, I am not just bragging or saying it myself. I am giving quotes from bible and I am not misquoting anything or misinterpreting. Now its your duty to analyse. Sister is saying as though I am refuting myself I am quoting the bible with proper meanings.
Why is it that you seem to be trying to prove something here by calling the Bible wrong?

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
Am I quoting anything else? Am I quotig what people think? A I stating my views? I am just quoting bible which according to you is God's word. I have given many proofs from the bible itself that....and I can give you more.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42739)
and I'm telling you right now that you being here in the forum to refute what we believe is not what you have been allowed here to do. If you want to know THE One True Living God then I am happy to help you to understand Him and get to know Him. But as of yet, you have proven nothing more than the fact that you wish to discredit and deny....so spit it out and let all see your true agenda....:naughty:

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Mazhar;42743)
Am I quoting anything else? Am I quotig what people think? A I stating my views? I am just quoting bible which according to you is God's word. I have given many proofs from the bible itself that....and I can give you more.
you don't need to be doing any of those things for us not to see through you...and you have quoted your Qur'an and you have in other posts and threads let us know that you do not believe that Christ was the Son of God and you have let us know that you believe it was a man named Muhammad who was The Prophet rather than Jesus Christ The Son of God! Please don't feign innocence when it is written in these threads for all to see.thank you

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
TRINITYThe idea of trinity was started by Paul but it was given a final shape by Athanasius in about 325 A.D. Trinity is not mentioned in Bible.The Catholic Encyclopedia says, “The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of Christian religion….in the unity of Godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, these three persons being truly distinct one from another. Thus in the words of Athanasian Creed; the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Hoy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three but one God. The doctrine was not clearly grasped even by Athanasius. He says at another place that whatever he forced his understanding to mediate on the divinity of Jesus his toilsome and unavailing efforts recoil on themselves, that the more he wrote the less capable was he of expressing his thoughts. This confusion is explained away as “Mystery”, yet the Bible says “God is not the author of confusion” (1 Corinthians 14:33).

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
Ok, now I will speak only about bible and to the point and short.
thank you very much (Mazhar;42762)
TRINITYThe idea of trinity was started by Paul but it was given a final shape by Athanasius in about 325 A.D. Trinity is not mentioned in Bible.The Catholic Encyclopedia says, “The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of Christian religion….in the unity of Godhead there are three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, these three persons being truly distinct one from another. Thus in the words of Athanasian Creed; the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Hoy Spirit is God, and yet there are not three but one God. The doctrine was not clearly grasped even by Athanasius. He says at another place that whatever he forced his understanding to mediate on the divinity of Jesus his toilsome and unavailing efforts recoil on themselves, that the more he wrote the less capable was he of expressing his thoughts. This confusion is explained away as “Mystery”, yet the Bible says “God is not the author of confusion” (1 Corinthians 14:33).
Why would God not be a mystery?...there are some things our minds are incapable of comprehending but that should not create confusion. As with your Qur'an I would not doubt that there are things you may find difficult to understand but I assume you have faith enough to take it at it's word and simply believe because you believe that Allah would not give unsound (for lack of a better word) doctrine...You believe Muhammad was a prophet who was divinely inspired by the angel Gabriel and because of this you most likely don't question the things he had said? Am I right in this assessment?Christ spoke of the Holy Spirit and sending Him to descend upon us after Christ was gone. Though He does not say that the Spirit and He are One with the Father, verse does indicate that the Holy Spirit is The Spirit of God...Father and Son are One, thus the Spirit must be One with The Father and the Son...Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. As you can see that until God breathed life (spirit) into man, man was simply a form....as soon as the Lord God breathed into him man became a living being. Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Jhn 20:22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, " Receive the Holy Spirit . Jhn 16:6 "But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Jhn 16:7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. Jhn 16:8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Jhn 16:9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me; Jhn 16:10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; Jhn 16:11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. Jhn 16:12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. Jhn 16:13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. Jhn 16:14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. Jhn 16:15 "All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. Jesus prayed a prayer right before He was crucified:Jhn 17:20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will[fn5] believe in Me through their word; Jhn 17:21 "that they all may be one, as You, Father are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. Jhn 17:22 "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: Jhn 17:23 "I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. Jhn 17:24 "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. I believe God is a Triune being, and I believe as is said in Genesis "We will make them in Our image", that we are also triune beings made up of spirit, soul and body.Because I believe that when we are told we are made in Their image, that was exactly what was done. I will not spend too much time looking into the doctrine of Trinity, simply because of how mysterious it is. Besides, understanding the Trinity completely, is not a salvational issue, therefore I will wait until I enter the Heavens to understand this complex thing. Perhaps someone with a better knowledge of the Trinity can explain it. Unfortunately it isn't I....anything else?blessings

Mazhar

Mar 11, 2008
Sister Jackie, I agree with you that we have limited minds to understand God, we can't understand Him but we muslims are not in confusion. I am sure you will agree with me that there is confusion and there is incapability to understand God completely and these two are different.Now the bible itself says that God is not the author of confusion.I have another question:A person replied to my question here and he said that God is one in three.Now it means that God was in Father, God was in Son and God was in the Holy Spirit. Yes or no?

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
Sister Jackie, I agree with you that we have limited minds to understand God, we can't understand Him but we muslims are not in confusion. I am sure you will agree with me that there is confusion and there is incapability to understand God completely and these two are different.Now the bible itself says that God is not the author of confusion.
Nor am I in confusion and He is NOT the author of confusion....it isn't God that confuses it is man and it is the enemy Satan. But not God as that would make Him have evil qualities and as you and I are both aware God is perfect in all ways.
I have another question:A person replied to my question here and he said that God is one in three.Now it means that Gos was in Father, God was in Son and God was in the Holy Spirit. Yes or no?
yes and I believe the verses I provided in my last post clearly indicate this...

Status
Not open for further replies.