Is Jesus the only way to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
StanJ said:
As you are obviously not an expert in Elizabethan English, I would suggest you learn a Modern English translation, like the NET or NIV, and then make your opinion from there, because obviously you don't understand what Romans 5:19-21 connotes in the KJV.
Romans 5:19-21New English Translation (NET Bible)

19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of one man many will be made righteous. 20 Now the law came in so that the transgression may increase, but where sin increased, grace multiplied all the more, 21 so that just as sin reigned in death, so also grace will reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

It really means the same thing I say above though some misinterpret it.

To paraphrase myself as well as this passage, the grace leads to righteousness and the righteousness leads to age-long life for by grace God not only forgives but also empowers believers to put on their new man. (Ephesians 2:5, 4:24, and Colossians 3:10)

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
kerwin said:
Romans 5:19-21New English Translation (NET Bible)

19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of one man many will be made righteous. 20 Now the law came in so that the transgression may increase, but where sin increased, grace multiplied all the more, 21 so that just as sin reigned in death, so also grace will reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

It really means the same thing I say above though some misinterpret it.

To paraphrase myself as well as this passage, the grace leads to righteousness and the righteousness leads to age-long life for by grace God not only forgives but also empowers believers to put on their new man. (Ephesians 2:5, 4:24, and Colossians 3:10)
Despite your paraphrasing this to suit the NET, it does not say what you conveyed in your first post or in this post. There is nothing to indicate 'age long' in the context of this rendering or of the Greek unless you refuse to see the typical connotation in Greek being that of Eternity, which obviously you do and continue to do. The only way eternity would not be the context is if God was to do away with time at some point in the future, but as such that is not indicated anywhere in the Bible.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
StanJ said:
Despite your paraphrasing this to suit the NET, it does not say what you conveyed in your first post or in this post. There is nothing to indicate 'age long' in the context of this rendering or of the Greek unless you refuse to see the typical connotation in Greek being that of Eternity, which obviously you do and continue to do. The only way eternity would not be the context is if God was to do away with time at some point in the future, but as such that is not indicated anywhere in the Bible.

I wrote what I did because I have no particular need to interpret it. You embrace a particular interpretation and that your choice to live or die by.

It is also not the issue we were speaking about.

I wrote what I did because I have no particular need to interpret it. You embrace a particular interpretation.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
kerwin said:
I wrote what I did because I have no particular need to interpret it. You embrace a particular interpretation and that your choice to live or die by.
It is also not the issue we were speaking about.
Of course you do otherwise you wouldn't keep addressing it. Problem is you refuse to acknowledge that your interpretation is an error and you won't accept criticism in any way shape or form. I suggest maybe you read it and your mother tongue and see if it makes a difference to you, although I doubt it, but you never know.... God does work in mysterious ways.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
StanJ said:
Of course you do otherwise you wouldn't keep addressing it. Problem is you refuse to acknowledge that your interpretation is an error and you won't accept criticism in any way shape or form. I suggest maybe you read it and your mother tongue and see if it makes a difference to you, although I doubt it, but you never know.... God does work in mysterious ways.
I receive criticism but I do not necessary agree it is true.

Verse 19 part a is speaking of adam's (humanity's) act of eating the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It is a patriarchal in where both parts of marital union are involved but the husband takes responsible for the action as head of household of the marriage as well as that of humanity. A lot of that is unwritten context that is known by those who are of the instance that is spoken about and the associated ideas. The idea us that this sin bound humanity to slavery(servantry to sin). This is also unwritten context though both Paul and Jesus use the imagery of being a servant(slave) of sin. The cause and result of being a servant (slave) of sin is the individual sins similar to an addiction.

Part b is speaking of Jesus' entire mortal life where he overcame sin though being tempted as is common to humanity which climaxed when he chose to sacrifice himself for humanity by suffering and dying one the cross. The climax is all that is literally but the rest is in the climax would have been useless without the rest. That is more unwritten context though it is written in the book of Hebrews. The only way to be made righteous is by faith from first to last and by being grandfathered in through those believers that are made perfect. Unless a person is grandfathered in the must receive the Spirit and persevere in seeking to walk according to its ways. None of this is written here simply because his hearers to know it. It is written in other places.

In conclusion anyone that knows the gospel and other teachings from Scripture knows what Paul is teaching here but those that don't get a little evidence of that knowledge which they can misinterpret to their own damnation if they behave foolishly.

What I just wrote gives a person most of what is needed to understand the next verse but I can cover as well

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
StanJ said:
Thanks for proving my point. Continuing to equivocate about the verse doesn't help you to prove your point.
You must see the bible as "equivocating" since I used a lot of knowledge from Scripture that any Christian should know.

I was not Adam that sinned first but Even and yet Paul stated Adam, who was the head of the house of humanity at that time.

I assume you understand but I could and you launch false accusation to cover your lack of knowledge. You seem fond of making false accusation so perhaps you should be extra careful to watch that you do not do so.

This passage speaks about being bound to sin. Is Paul "equivocating"?

Romans 6:16-22Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness. 20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

This passage speaks of be bound to sin.

Romans 1:24-25Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 25 who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

In short the sin of Adam and his wife bound them both as well as their decedents to sin.