IS JESUS THE ONLY WAY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what? I simply asked him to explain how to be born again?
Then perhaps you needed make your request clearer. I understood you to be asking how "Christians aren't born again" and answered accordingly. [Could it be that were you more concerned in insulting him than in really obtaining answer? Moderator input? @Heart2Soul ?] Here are the posts involved in order:

The follow up article:

Nearly 70% of born again Christians aren't really born again.
we’re waiting for you’re highness to tell us how?
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

If my assessment is wrong, I do apologize.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Maybe it's a natural evolution that injects benevolence into the closed foreordaind elitist salvation doctrine.
Reworking a creator of all things setting the fate of his creation, for good & heaven or bad & hell, to make a more palatable definition encompassed in the deific trait of benevolence.
I more expect it is the devil seeking to undermine God's will on earth. "That all would be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth."

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I more expect it is the devil seeking to undermine God's will on earth. "That all would be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth."
I don't see Jesus teachings as that of the Devil.
"They don't understand so that not all will be saved."

We have to consider context at all times. That makes words like, whosoever, all, and so forth, fall into the right perspective of God's predestination all things including the elect.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what about free will

Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

who so ever freely chooses to believe
If everyone was saved no one would need be led exclusively by God to Jesus.
Everyone in 1st century would have understood Jesus teachings because he didn't choose to teach in parables.

But that's not the case. By God's design.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I don't see Jesus teachings as that of the Devil.
"They don't understand so that not all will be saved."

We have to consider context at all times. That makes words like, whosoever, all, and so forth, fall into the right perspective of God's predestination all things including the elect.

You appear to be confused about my statement. The devil opposes God's will on earth. God's will is: "That all would be saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth."

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If everyone was saved no one would need be led exclusively by God to Jesus.
Everyone in 1st century would have understood Jesus teachings because he didn't choose to teach in parables.

But that's not the case. By God's design.
I did not say everyone
I said those who choose (volition) free will

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not say everyone
I said those who choose (volition) free will
I saw that. God's sovereignty and predestination of everything insures free will is our illusion.
There's a verse in the psalms that talks about that.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes one of us.
Yes, I know.
Don't worry, you'll get there. You just have to read the message of the bible.

Lots of folk are like you,confused,unaware. I think that's because they read the Bible.
Big difference between reading the message and reading the bible.
As I said though, if God wills, you'll get there.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Yes, I know.
Don't worry, you'll get there. You just have to read the message of the bible.

Lots of folk are like you,confused,unaware. I think that's because they read the Bible.
I understand the scripture as the Lord sees fit to reveal it to me. It is your comments that I don't understand.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's a pretty arrogant statement. God wills that all men should come unto the knowledge of the truth, and God's truth is found in His written Word. It is the Holy Spirit who reveals God's truth to all who open the Bible (unless they have chosen to be wilfully blind).

Reactions: Cooper and Rita

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the scripture as the Lord sees fit to reveal it to me. It is your comments that I don't understand.
Maybe you're not ready to understand yet.
I've come to see that's how it works.
God opens our awareness to his message when he is ready. And that is based not just on our understanding and progressing in awareness of his message. It's based also on his awareness of how we employ what he's taught us along the way in those studies. How we live his message. Because when it becomes a reflex it's a way of life.

And I've found when it becomes a reflex, a way of life, then the next message comes through. And on and on it goes, all of our life.

Which is why I say you may not understand me because in that part of his message previously referred to, your awareness to the message God had for you isn't in that part of his word right now.

It's a personal relationship. Not a commune.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Anywho... In Galatians 1:8-9 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel into you than that which we have preached into you, let him be accursed. As we we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel into you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

Reactions: Pearl

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anywho... In Galatians 1:8-9 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel into you than that which we have preached into you, let him be accursed. As we we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel into you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

Great example.
You're coming along beautifully. God be praised.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw that. God's sovereignty and predestination of everything insures free will is our illusion.
There's a verse in the psalms that talks about that.
The rat exercises his free will within the confines of the maze the scientist has put him in. In that way the free will of the rat and the sovereignty of the scientist are preserved.

Reactions: Cooper

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

so if someone deny that jesus is the only way the truth and the life he/she is considered an antichrist and he/she that denies the son he/she also denies the father isn't?

Reactions: Pearl

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Long-haired hippie Jesus freaks...gotta love 'em! :)

Freak...
Extreme...
Discriminate...
Words designed to IMPLY "not good".
Attach those words to a group, or individual, and the IMPLICATION is that "group" or "individual"....IS "not good".

I am EXTREME For Jesus.
I am DISCRIMINATE For ONLY the Lord God...

Eh...My Standing is NOT defined by what "others" imply, project, or declare For me!

Glory to God,
Taken