Is knowing what death is a comfort?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a man keeps my sayings HE shall never SEE DEATH .
Exactly . And though he were dead yet shall he live . exactly as we were all once dead in sins and trepsasses
but now in JESUS we are alive and though this body can die , THE SOUL GOES TO THE GLORIOUS KING .
Yes indeed . Let the KING be praised and thanked . This is the bread that if a man eat thereof he shall NEVER DIE
NEVER taste of death . Exactly . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING . PRAISE BE TO THE LORD WHO IS OUR HOPE
and our salvation .
Yet to date we all die. Show me one person above 150 yrs old that is still living, I would love to meet that individual.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is correct Matt. There were 9 resurrections performed in the Bible, but those resurrections were not what Jn 5:28,29 was about, those are mostly yet future, after Jesus' return. Jesus of course was the first to be resurrected, and given immortality I might add. The next were those of the first resurrection recorded at Rev 20:6, those are the born again Christians that have died prior to Jesus receiving his crown. We believe that has taken place, the rest of those will change in the twinkling of an eye, when they die 1 Cor 15:51-53, and then the final number of them will meet the Lord in the air upon his return 1 Thes 4:17 All born again Christians receive immortality as well Matt. Thanks for asking sir.
Where do you go ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was the point of Jesus' sacrifice Matt?
To pay for all people sin, to destroy the works of the devil, to go and visit with those in Sheol and take those in paradise back with him after the resurrection in which Jesus stayed with the disciples for about 40 extra days before going into the clouds. Then he was promised to return. It was also to show that when people die they are now raised again because of God raising up His Word from the dead.

Though many expect to be raised on some new earth, I don’t personally believe that is the case, they are raised in spiritual body’s according to 1 Corinthians 15, and they reside either in the kingdom or outside the kingdom as per Revelation 22, in the heavenly realm.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet to date we all die. Show me one person above 150 yrs old that is still living, I would love to meet that individual.
Only the fleshsuit dies . Those in the LORD are with Him . Let all praise and thank the Lord .
And i tell us all a mystery we shall not all sleep , those who have remained here
till His coming shall be changed in an instant and flying Home to the LORD .
Let all that draws breath praise the glorious Lord . That is one flight i am looking forward too .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't understand the New Covenant. That is why they are still caught up in works.

Every other thread posted on these boards should be teachings of the New Covenant as revealed by the the only one who could fully reveal it, the apostle Paul.

Knowledge of the New Covenant will show the dependence on works that are not seen by many!

How is Moses living sir? Likely that is where we are going to differ

Not sure what you mean by "how is Moses living?"

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To pay for all people sin, to destroy the works of the devil, to go and visit with those in Sheol and take those in paradise back with him after the resurrection in which Jesus stayed with the disciples for about 40 extra days before going into the clouds. Then he was promised to return. It was also to show that when people die they are now raised again because of God raising up His Word from the dead.

Though many expect to be raised on some new earth, I don’t personally believe that is the case, they are raised in spiritual body’s according to 1 Corinthians 15, and they reside either in the kingdom or outside the kingdom as per Revelation 22.
Also he came to fulfill the law and the prophets according to his own words, in which was the Law that was given to Moses, and now people believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and because of Him in faith people are able to have peace with God.

“‘Ye are the salt of the land, but if the salt may lose savour, in what shall it be salted? for nothing is it good henceforth, except to be cast without, and to be trodden down by men. ‘Ye are the light of the world, a city set upon a mount is not able to be hid; nor do they light a lamp, and put it under the measure, but on the lamp-stand, and it shineth to all those in the house; so let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and may glorify your Father who [is] in the heavens. ‘Do not suppose that I came to throw down the law or the prophets — I did not come to throw down, but to fulfil; for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭13‬-‭18‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

I believe the heaven and earth (the old administration was done away with replaced by the new administration where Jesus is king - the new heaven and earth where the devil has been cast out, sin done away with and the law) passed away in the destruction of Jerusalem, and Jesus fulfilled the law.

Then those who believe in him in faith for what he has done they are made right with God, and given the Holy Spirit.

“Having been declared righteous, then, by faith, we have peace toward God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have the access by the faith into this grace in which we have stood, and we boast on the hope of the glory of God. And not only [so], but we also boast in the tribulations, knowing that the tribulation doth work endurance; and the endurance, experience; and the experience, hope; and the hope doth not make ashamed, because the love of God hath been poured forth in our hearts through the Holy Spirit that hath been given to us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭5‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Thank you for asking @Robert Gwin

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I generally don't argue with the Bible Charlie, God stated we die, He defined what death is, and He told us how we will rise in the resurrection, nothing complicated about it sir. It is not hard to understand that there is no consciousness after death, and no point in a resurrection if there is.

Soul sleep is unbiblical, Robert, plain and simple.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soul sleep is unbiblical, Robert, plain and simple.
He forgets that due to adam all men do die . YET for those in JESUS the soul liveth forever unto GOD .
To be absent from this flesh suit , IS TO BE PRESENT WITH THE KING . PRAISE GOD FOREVER and EVER . Let no man
take away the hope we have in CHRIST .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He forgets that due to adam all men do die . YET for those in JESUS the soul liveth forever unto GOD .
To be absent from this flesh suit , IS TO BE PRESENT WITH THE KING . PRAISE GOD FOREVER and EVER . Let no man
take away the hope we have in CHRIST .

On a positive note, it fails me to think of a better way for a believer to practice restraint than to have conversation with a JW.

So I guess you could say that they are teaching us.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very question that confused the unbelieving jews .
What do ye mean if a man eat of me he shall never DIE
abraham is dead and the prophets are dead ..
If a man eat o the bread of CHRIST i tell us all he will live forever and ever and ever with the KING who saved Him .
The body dies but not the soul . PRAISE be to GOD forever for Hisgreat mercy given us by Grace in CHRIST JESUS .
But if a man believes not in CHRIST , The second death awaits them in the lake of fire . FACT .
If any man adds too or takes from what is written in the book of revelation , GUESS what GOD is gonna do to them .
Take their name OUT of the book of life . IT WONT be there . STOP PREACHING POPE FRANCIS all inclusive lie folks
lest ye enter into the lake of fire which many think dont exist . IT DO . IT DO exist . f orgive the english
but i wrote like that to make a POINT . IT DO exist . And it is a place prepared for the devil and his angels
and all who rejected CHRIST .
On a positive note, it fails me to think of a better way for a believer to practice restraint than to have conversation with a JW.

So I guess you could say that they are teaching us.
Lets rephrase that second sentence . THEY aint teaching us a thing , other than we had better POINT them to the TRUE CHRIST .
I have had many conversations with JW s
I speak simple truths and yet they have no idea what i speak about and cant wait to just TALK about their religoin .
All they know is the party line . TIME TO KNOW JESUS . Too many are VERY ZEALOUS .
Now being zealous is a good thing , IF ITS FOR THE TRUTH , but when its for ones religoin its a death sentence peroid .
I will not apologize for that statement either .
I have talked to mormons , adventists , new age , many protestants ,
jws , you name it , AND THEY always have great zeal , tremendous zeal , YET ITS all in vain .
MY ZEAL IS FOR THE LORD and my HOPE abounds . I pray that many will COME OUT from amongst the religoins of men
and come to CHRIST JESUS and learn of HIM . ZEAL FOR JESUS IS REAL GOOD , Zeal for religous traditions gone wrong
REAL BAD .

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The good at our end cometh only IF ONE HAD FAITH IN JESUS . always remember that well .
We got folks on this site who try and preach something else .
THERE is the ressurection at the end . IN which those who followed JESUS shall rejoice
but woe to those who did not and rejected Him . i say woe to those .
These folks dont realize JESUS meant what HE said when he said
to those who believed not on him , IT WILL Be better for sodom than for YOU on the day of judgment .
That dont sound good . Not even close to good . Folks better stay glued to the one true gospel
and not be led astray into this other go spell i see many folks now believing in and teaching , cause it aint gonna save a one of them
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . I take this gospel to my grave , i will never buy the all inclusive many path to GOD LIE that so many
are now buying . Satan sold a whopper of a lie under a false love to so many . BUT I SAY , YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS
for those who deny HIM aint gonna like what they hear on the day of the LORD .

Where do you go ?
Everyone who dies goes to hell, as it is the abode of the dead. Each of us await our resurrection and look forward to the day hell is emptied Jn 5:28,29; Rev 20:13. I have the hope that most Christians do to be resurrected right here on earth Rev 21:3,4

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Though many expect to be raised on some new earth, I don’t personally believe that is the case, they are raised in spiritual body’s according to 1 Corinthians 15, and they reside either in the kingdom or outside the kingdom as per Revelation 22, in the heavenly realm.
Yes sir, so that is why we die and do not remain, Jesus had to pay for that sir. If we lived on as satan said, there would be no need for Jesus' sacrifice. I agree with most of your first paragraph, the Bible states some go to heaven and the reason why. These redeemed from the earth is recorded as 144,000 at Rev 14:3. God created the earth for humans, and Rev 21:3,4 obviously is here on the earth as there was never pain, or death in heaven. Those things are earthly. Nothing was ever wrong with the earth, and Jehovah put people here to live on it eternally Ps 37:29, His word always comes to be sir Isa 55:11

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only the fleshsuit dies . Those in the LORD are with Him . Let all praise and thank the Lord .
And i tell us all a mystery we shall not all sleep , those who have remained here
till His coming shall be changed in an instant and flying Home to the LORD .
Let all that draws breath praise the glorious Lord . That is one flight i am looking forward too .
Yes sir, since those of the first resurrection has been raised, those remaining who die now are changed instantly, and those left alive at Jesus' return will meet him in the air. Rev 20:6; 1 Cor 15:52; 1 Thes 4:17

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean by "how is Moses living?"
Moses is dead in the grave awaiting resurrection. He will not be among those going to heaven Charlie, as he was not born again. He will be among those resurrected on the earth during the millennial reign of Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s good to know not everyone had to believe other people in what they believe to be made right with God, right @Robert Gwin? It’s believing in the death, burial, and Resurrection that makes a person right with God, praise Him amen!

Bye brother you take care (gonna dip out of this thread sir). Love you either way it is you believe glad you can freely share what you believe.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also he came to fulfill the law and the prophets according to his own words, in which was the Law that was given to Moses, and now people believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and because of Him in faith people are able to have peace with God.

“‘Ye are the salt of the land, but if the salt may lose savour, in what shall it be salted? for nothing is it good henceforth, except to be cast without, and to be trodden down by men. ‘Ye are the light of the world, a city set upon a mount is not able to be hid; nor do they light a lamp, and put it under the measure, but on the lamp-stand, and it shineth to all those in the house; so let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and may glorify your Father who [is] in the heavens. ‘Do not suppose that I came to throw down the law or the prophets — I did not come to throw down, but to fulfil; for, verily I say to you, till that the heaven and the earth may pass away, one iota or one tittle may not pass away from the law, till that all may come to pass.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5‬:‭13‬-‭18‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

I believe the heaven and earth (the old administration was done away with replaced by the new administration where Jesus is king - the new heaven and earth where the devil has been cast out, sin done away with and the law) passed away in the destruction of Jerusalem, and Jesus fulfilled the law.

Then those who believe in him in faith for what he has done they are made right with God, and given the Holy Spirit.

“Having been declared righteous, then, by faith, we have peace toward God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have the access by the faith into this grace in which we have stood, and we boast on the hope of the glory of God. And not only [so], but we also boast in the tribulations, knowing that the tribulation doth work endurance; and the endurance, experience; and the experience, hope; and the hope doth not make ashamed, because the love of God hath been poured forth in our hearts through the Holy Spirit that hath been given to us.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭5‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

Thank you for asking @Robert Gwin
There are three reasons why Jesus came sir, the first and main was to preach the good news of the Kingdom as Jesus personally said at Luke 4:43, he came to release us from sin as you properly stated, which all those things you said fall under that reason, and third, which many don't realize is that he proved that God's creation is not defective, and that a perfect man can live within the guidelines of God's laws.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Moses is dead in the grave awaiting resurrection. He will not be among those going to heaven Charlie, as he was not born again. He will be among those resurrected on the earth during the millennial reign of Christ.

OH, I forgot! Heaven is reserved for only the JW's. What a special group you're a member of, Robert.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are three reasons why Jesus came sir, the first and main was to preach the good news of the Kingdom as Jesus personally said at Luke 4:43, he came to release us from sin as you properly stated, which all those things you said fall under that reason, and third, which many don't realize is that he proved that God's creation is not defective, and that a perfect man can live within the guidelines of God's laws.
Did the Jehovah witness teach you this?

I don’t disagree with him coming to preach the kingdom.

When you go door to door, do you feel pride because you are doing something for the kingdom my friend? Does God favor your group of people more than others?

I’m not judging your salvation, but don’t you learn everything you have learned through communion with the Jehovah witness programs?

Www.jw.org is that the website you use to to learn subjects on the Bible?

It’s easy to quote scripture from the Bible and easily misinterpret what is truly there, Sir.