Is Lordship salvation Biblical?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is that you are favoring your own experience over the portions of Scripture I shown to you. You have to believe the whole counsel of God’s Word and you cannot cherry pick those verses that you like to hear that tickles your ears from your own slanted viewpoint to justify sin. This is why you are not explaining the verses I put forth to you. It’s because you cannot explain them. You must reject them and or find a way to twist them to say something else.

I could say the very same thing to you....so now what?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could say the very same thing to you....so now what?

I put forth the verses to you first, and you are not explaining them. Why? Because they refute your sin and still be saved belief that is obviously false. The devil justifies sin and evil, and not GOD. So you are only fooling those who want to do sin and evil.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your “ take” on the encounter between Jesus and the rich, young ruler is that one must obey those two commandments in order to be Saved, you are in big trouble . Why ? First, Because YOU nor anybody else other than Jesus, ever loved God with ALL of their heart, ALL of their soul , and ALL of their mind.Secondly, neither YOU or anybody else, other than Jesus ,ever Truly loved their neighbor as much as they loved themselves.....

When Jesus said to “Do this and you shall live” , He knew the guy couldn’t “ Do” it......

If one can “DO” these things, yes—- they will “ earn” Heaven......The problem is that NOBODY can.....The Ruler was living in a “Fool’s Paradise”—— He was SELF - RIGHTEOUS, thinking he was “ Good Enough” to merit Heaven because he thought that he had “ kept the Law”......

Many today are just like that man —-THEY are unknowingly living in that same “ Fools Paradise” , they live in the Satanic Delusion that they “ keep the Commandments” and thereby deserve Heaven....

The Rich Ruler Loved His Money more than he loved God......Jesus punctured the man’s “Self-Righteous Balloon” by proving this before the crowd....The guy turned out not to be near as ‘ Hot” as he thought he was.....he went away dejected— Just the effect Jesus Wanted.....

If anybody can “ earn” Heaven by keeping the Law, Jesus went to the Cross for no reason....Hopefully, somewhere down the road , the rich, young Ruler, saw that he was a Sinner and the only thing that could Save him was the Grace of God—- NOT his Performance Level Of Law- Keeping.....The Law That even Paul admitted was something “ neither he nor his fathers kept” .....and we are supposed to believe that this rich Ruler did?

There is no record of this guy ever having his eyes opened before he died......how about you?

For men and women out there with the self- insight and the humility to SEE and ADMIT that they are sinners that DON’T and indeed CAN’T “ keep the Law”, God has provided a Rescue Plan that is within the reach of everybody —— simply Believe the “ Good News” that you don’t have to “ Perform” to get Saved.....what you have to “ DO” is simply BELIEVE 1Cor15:1-4...... Check it out...Hopefully the Self- Righteous , deluded , Rich Ruler did before he died....Some in these Forums need to do the same thing...

First, to love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength is the 1st greatest commandment. A command is not optional. God would not give us a command if He knew would not be able to keep it. Otherwise God would be the author of confusion.

Second, I did not quote Matthew 19:16-30 about the young rich ruler. I quoted Luke 10:25-30, which is a different narrative entirely. As for your false conclusion on the story of the young rich ruler, nothing in the Bible says exactly what you said in regards to him. He simply went away sad because he was not willing to sell all his riches in order to follow Jesus. The disciples then asked, who then can be saved? Jesus’ reply was with man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. Meaning, God needs to change a person’s heart whereby they would be willing to sell all their riches to follow Him. Jesus was not referring to how the young rich ruler needed to admit that he was a sinful person the rest of his life. Psalms 7:11 says that God is angry at the wicked every day. John 9:31 says that God does not listen to sinners. So you have things twisted backwards.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I put forth the verses to you first, and you are not explaining them. Why? Because they refute your sin and still be saved belief that is obviously false. The devil justifies sin and evil, and not GOD. So you are only fooling those who want to do sin and evil.

Please show me anywhere that I attempt to “Justify” Sin.Seeing it.....Admitting it ....Seeking the Grace Of God that Forgives it and calling out those that falsely think that they have “ overcome” it is a FAR CRY from “justifying” it......

Everybody ( Saved and Unsaved) has the Old Sin Nature That we inherited from Adam ....That Old Man wins our Spiritual Battle at times, even in the best of us— It sins entirely because it “Wants” to......You sin every hour of everyday with impure thoughts, worry( sorry, but that’s a sin! ) and by the Sins Of OMISSION whereby you know many good things to do that you SHOULD BE doing but you aren’t doing them......
When it comes to Sin, we are trapped like the Rats that we are.....”Sinless Perfection” is a Lie Of the Devil That YOU have fallen for .....the only way out of our “ Trap” is to embrace Grace , the only Elixir that God has for sin....

If Believers no longer sin , why does the Bible talk about Chastisement for God's Children —- is He Chastising Saved people for Nothing? Why does God tell us to “Go BOLDLY to “ The Throne Of Grace” when we sin? Answer these two questions and don’t try to ignore them...They prove you are wrong....

In the end, my confused friend, (put on your “ Thinking Cap” If you have one) —- People will always do what they “ Want” to do! What you don’t understand is that if you are “ In Christ” , the Holy Spirit is within you , working to Change those “ Wants” ......Every night I drink and smoke dope just as much as I “Want” to ! Problem is......I don’t WANT to......Why, it’s as if God was cleaning up “The Inside Of the Cup!” ......Does That Ring a Bell? Sometimes it takes a while to get that cup Sparkling as much as we would like it to be.....Any Unclean parts of that “ Cup” are covered by Grace until the Day That God calls us home.....

Only a Fool would try to “ Justify” sin.....it takes a bigger Fool to Reject the Grace that covers it....The First part of the Gospel That Saves says that “Jesus DIED FOR YOUR SINS”.....KNOWING that and RESTING in that makes one “WANT” to Sin LESS—- NOT MORE! Of course, some things have to be Spiritually Discerned and to those that Lack that Spirit, you may as well spend your time explaining colors to a blind man....People pay “lip- service” to the Gospel ,they’ve heard it a million times....their constant preoccupation with Sins that God has already dealt with by putting them on the Cross shows that don’t really Believe it , much less, REST in it as God Commands....All Those “Holier than Thou” so- called “Commandment Keepers”out there! You NEVER hear them talk about the Command to REST in the Gospel.....God declares them Guilty Of UNBELIEF and they don’t even know it....They are too busy , as Paul said, “ Troubling” those that get it right by Resting in the Finished Work Of The Cross....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, to love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength is the 1st greatest commandment. A command is not optional. God would not give us a command if He knew would not be able to keep it. Otherwise God would be the author of confusion.

Let’s just cut the nonsense and get down to the True “Nitty Gritty”—- you’ve already stuck your neck out, so I know you can’t answer this Honestly—- I’ll ask it anyway.....

Do YOU “ Love God” with *ALL* of your Heart , with * ALL* of your Soul and with *ALL* of your mind ? And I am talking about 24/7......

I maintain that only Jesus did this and if you claim that “YOU” do, you are putting yourself on His level....what say you?

The purpose of that Commandment and the 613 other Commandments was to show you that you are a Sinner That MUST HAVE GRACE.....You MUST HAVE A SAVIOR .....Paul clearly states that the True role of the Law was to make you “ shut your mouth” about it as far as you “keeping” it , and allow it to “ take you by the hand” and lead you to the Savior that actually COULD and DID keep the Law.....

“ Christ is *THE END OF THE LAW* for Righteousness” “By The Works Of The Law, NO FLESH shall be Justified!”

Why are you promoting Sin all of the time? Don't you read your Bible ? “ The Law was given so that Sin might INCREASE!” Why do you want to see an Increase in Sin? Or are you just a “ Poor Student Of The Word that needs to stand Ashamed!” I’ll go with the latter....

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please show me anywhere that I attempt to “Justify” Sin.

By denying the reality of Luke 10:25-28, and 1 Corinthians 16:22. This is where you justify sin.

You said:
Seeing it.....Admitting it ....Seeking the Grace Of God that Forgives it and calling out those that falsely think that they have “ overcome” it is a FAR CRY from “justifying” it......

The Bible tells us we can overcome sins that lead unto spiritual death or the Lake of Fire.

Galatians 5:24 says:
“And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.”

2 Corinthians 7:1 says:
“…let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.”

1 Peter 4:1-2 says:
“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.”

These kinds of statements do not align with your kind of thinking.

You said:
Everybody ( Saved and Unsaved) has the Old Sin Nature That we inherited from Adam ....That Old Man wins our Spiritual Battle at times, even in the best of us— It sins entirely because it “Wants” to......You sin every hour of everyday with impure thoughts, worry( sorry, but that’s a sin! )

Romans 6:6-7 says:
“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.”

Romans 6:12-14
“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”

You said:
and by the Sins Of OMISSION whereby you know many good things to do that you SHOULD BE doing but you aren’t doing them......

Right. Narrow is the way that leads unto life and few be there that find it. God requires us to be faithful over a few things in this life to enter the Kingdom (Matthew 25:21). The unprofitable servant is cast into outer darkness (Matthew 25:31).

You said:
When it comes to Sin, we are trapped like the Rats that we are.....”Sinless Perfection” is a Lie Of the Devil That YOU have fallen for .....the only way out of our “ Trap” is to embrace Grace , the only Elixir that God has for sin....

God’s grace is not a license for immorality (Jude 1:4). Actually, the lie of the devil is the one from the garden that says you can break God’s command and not die. He sold Eve on this lie and now look at the mess mankind is in. 1 John 3:8-10 says:

“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:8-10).

Can certain believers stumble at times? Yes, but they cannot have the attitude you have that all our sins is paid for and thus we should not worry that sin cannot condemn us. Jesus said if you don’t forgive, you will not be forgiven by the Father (Matthew 6:15). This kind of saying would not exist in Scripture if things are as you falsely say.

You said:
If Believers no longer sin , why does the Bible talk about Chastisement for God's Children —- is He Chastising Saved people for Nothing? Why does God tell us to “Go BOLDLY to “ The Throne Of Grace” when we sin? Answer these two questions and don’t try to ignore them...They prove you are wrong....

To quote another brother in Christ:

“The error in your reasoning is that it fails to account for differences that occur over time. The state of a particular man at time A does not necessitate that he be in that same state at time B. John Doe may not be keeping all of our Lord's commandments today, but tomorrow it is possible for him, by the grace of God.”

You said:
In the end, my confused friend, (put on your “ Thinking Cap” If you have one) —- People will always do what they “ Want” to do! What you don’t understand is that if you are “ In Christ” , the Holy Spirit is within you , working to Change those “ Wants” ......Every night I drink and smoke dope just as much as I “Want” to ! Problem is......I don’t WANT to......Why, it’s as if God was cleaning up “The Inside Of the Cup!” ......Does That Ring a Bell? Sometimes it takes a while to get that cup Sparkling as much as we would like it to be.....Any Unclean parts of that “ Cup” are covered by Grace until the Day That God calls us home.....

This is not true. Jesus warned us about how even looking at a woman in lust can cause us to be cast bodily into hellfire (See: Matthew 5:28-30).
Yes, there is grace, but I believe that grace is to overcome sin in this life and not to justify it like you believe.

You said:
Only a Fool would try to “ Justify” sin....

But that’s what you believe. You believe you can sin and still be saved despite the many warnings in the Bible against willfully sinning.
Hebrews 10:26 says, “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,”
Believers have to confess and forsake sin in order to have mercy (Proverbs 28:13) (1 John 1:9) (1 John 2:1) (1 John 1:7).

You said:
.it takes a bigger Fool to Reject the Grace that covers it....

I can only imagine the horror you will face when you confront the Lord Jesus with this kind of false thinking about God’s grace.
Jesus said depart from me, ye that work iniquity (Matthew 7:22-23). This was in context to doing what Jesus said because our Lord said that the person who does not do what He says is like a fool who built his house upon the sand and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house (Matthew 7:26-27). Meaning, we will not be saved if we don’t do what Jesus says.

You said:
The First part of the Gospel That Saves says that “Jesus DIED FOR YOUR SINS”.....KNOWING that and RESTING in that makes one “WANT” to Sin LESS—- NOT MORE! Of course, some things have to be Spiritually Discerned and to those that Lack that Spirit, you may as well spend your time explaining colors to a blind man....People pay “lip- service” to the Gospel ,they’ve heard it a million times....their constant preoccupation with Sins that God has already dealt with by putting them on the Cross shows that don’t really Believe it , much less, REST in it as God Commands....All Those “Holier than Thou” so- called “Commandment Keepers”out there! You NEVER hear them talk about the Command to REST in the Gospel.....God declares them Guilty Of UNBELIEF and they don’t even know it....They are too busy , as Paul said, “ Troubling” those that get it right by Resting in the Finished Work Of The Cross....

The problem is that the Bible does not teach future sin is paid for. That is your false belief that is not in the Bible. As I stated to you before, believers must confess sin in order to be forgiven of sin (1 John 1:9). If we willfully sin after we received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sin (Hebrews 10:26). God wants us to forsake our evil ways like the Ninevites whereby He decided to not bring judgment upon them as a result (See: Jonah 3:6-10). So you are ignoring Scripture to make your personal belief that you can sin while under God’s grace work. This is wrong beyond imagining. One can murder, cheat, steal, and do all kinds of unimaginable sins all while under grace with them being saved according to you. But that is not what the Bible teaches. God cannot agree with your sin. God is holy, just, and good. I even realize there is a chance I may not make it into God’s Kingdom. But you look at grace as a cover-all do whatever you want kind of attitude. Sure, you say you will sin less but that does not matter if you are justifying other sins. You are still doing evil and the lusts of the father (the devil) you will do. Christians have to overcome sin that leads to spiritual death in this life or they are not going to make it (Myself included). I am not above God’s Word anymore than you are. You have twisted grace to be a license for immorality and you don’t even know it. Again, I can only imagine the horror you will face when you meet the Lord if you don’t repent of this false gospel you teach.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible Highlighter said:
Let’s just cut the nonsense and get down to the True “Nitty Gritty”—- you’ve already stuck your neck out, so I know you can’t answer this Honestly—- I’ll ask it anyway.....

Do YOU “ Love God” with *ALL* of your Heart , with * ALL* of your Soul and with *ALL* of your mind ? And I am talking about 24/7......

First, obviously the different points of the 1st greatest command are reflected in a way that is spiritual that you have to decode by looking at other Scripture verses. But such a thought never occurred to you because you simply just believe the 1st greatest command should be tossed aside as useless because you don’t really see the 1st command as an applicable thing from God. So you mock the 1st greatest command to your own peril, and justify sin while under grace instead.

Second, I believe that a Christian must reach a state of hearing that the Lord their God is one God, and that they must love God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength, and love their neighbor as their self. If a Christian does not reach this kind of state that God deems as obeying the 1st and 2nd commandments, according to Jesus they will not live eternally; For Jesus told the lawyer that he was to do these things so that he may live (which relates to inherit everlasting life in context (See again Luke 10:25-28). So it does not matter what you believe or what my life is like right now or another believer’s life. If you, I, or another believer does not conform to the 1st greatest commandments than we are all going to be toast. But I believe it is by grace that will help a believer to get there. Grace is not only forgiveness and mercy from God, but it is being moved by God’s love in the sacrifice He made for us. My life is not the standard but God’s Word is the standard. We walk by faith (trusting God’s Word), and not by sight (based on our experiences or our own thinking).

You said:
I maintain that only Jesus did this and if you claim that “YOU” do, you are putting yourself on His level....what say you?

Clearly there are things that we cannot do that Jesus did because Jesus is GOD. But we are to follow Christ’s righteous behavior. You are obviously do not seem to be aware of this verse in the Bible.

“He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.” (1 John 2:6).

You said:
The purpose of that Commandment and the 613 other Commandments was to show you that you are a Sinner That MUST HAVE GRACE.....You MUST HAVE A SAVIOR .....Paul clearly states that the True role of the Law was to make you “ shut your mouth” about it as far as you “keeping” it , and allow it to “ take you by the hand” and lead you to the Savior that actually COULD and DID keep the Law.....

“ Christ is *THE END OF THE LAW* for Righteousness” “By The Works Of The Law, NO FLESH shall be Justified!”

Why are you promoting Sin all of the time? Don't you read your Bible ? “ The Law was given so that Sin might INCREASE!” Why do you want to see an Increase in Sin? Or are you just a “ Poor Student Of The Word that needs to stand Ashamed!” I’ll go with the latter....

Okay. Much error in your thinking here. Christians are not under the 613 Laws of Moses that was given to Israel. Christians are under the Laws that come from Jesus Christ and His followers. While Jesus obeyed the Old Law, before the cross, Christ primarily taught New Covenant and not Old Covenant. Even Paul said, “To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.” (1 Corinthians 9:21). Hebrews 7:12 says the Law has changed. Acts of the Apostles 13:39 says you cannot be justified by the Law of Moses. This is why we are not under the Law (Romans 6:14). This is the OLD Law and not the laws of Christ. For keeping the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus (New Covenant Law) has made us free from the Law of Sin and Death (the Old Law) (Please read Romans 8:2 and then read Romans 8:1 in the KJB). Believers are first saved by God’s grace without works or the Law. We are saved first by His grace and mercy and that is the basis or foundation of our salvation, because if a believer stumbles on rare occasion, they can confess of their sins to be forgiven of those sins (1 John 1:9). It’s why we are told to boldly become before the throne of grace and find mercy and help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16). But in your view: There is no need to do that. You believe it is all finished and so you can just ignore or twist these other parts of the Bible to your own destruction.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh boy ! I am too busy right now to respond to all of this Hogwash , but just by giving it a cursory glance before my round of golf, I can easily see that responding to this will be like “ shooting fish in a barrel”—— that’s a lot easier than tying to make par...lol.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers are first saved by God’s grace without works or the Law.

“ FIRST Saved? It’s 100% Grace from the beginning to the end —- “ It is by GRACE that you are SAVED, and * NOT* by the “ Works of the Law” Is what the Bible says....Where does it say , “ You start out with Grace ....BUT after you know “that” , you gotta return to the Law for a little Insurance.....My GRACE , purchased by the Shed Blood Of my Son at the Cross might be Essential for Salvation , BUT in and of itself, it just ain’t * ADEQUATE* for Salvation.....I need a Co- Savior to get the job done, and OF COURSE that “ Co- Savior” is YOU!”

In a Nutshell, It’s the same sad story—- “ Why Sure! Indeed Jesus Saves —- BUT” .....anything on the other side of that “ BUT” is a “False and Perverted” ADDITION to the Gospel .....Those are Paul’s words and not mine......This is how one becomes “ Fallen From Grace”, which is your present condition.....Read Galatians 5 and tell me that I am wrong.....

Actually, it could be Much Worse for you...Those that “Fall” for a False Gospel are the ones that are “ Fallen from Grace” —- That MAY or MAY NOT Mean that one is Damned—- Reasonable men may disagree....But there is ONE thing we can all be SURE of — Those that TEACH a False Gospel are “ ACCURSED!” Damned forever by God....Is that you? Hmmmmmm....

I am speaking here of SALVATION and That ONLY!

Two things SAVE a man—— #1 Christ’s Shed Blood on the Cross. #2 Your Trust in #1

This is the Essence of the Gospel.....REST in that Gospel and that will get you Saved....once Saved, God will Gift you with His Holy Spirit.....If you have That Spirit you will “FIND” yourself doing those things that please God.....You don’t “ clean up the house” and invite God In.....you invite God In and HE cleans up the house....All of Those Rules and obligations you mention? They are good things that FOLLOW Salvation NATURALLY as God Himself “ Completes The Work That He started”......He cleans the “ Inside of the Cup” as He ( sometimes slowly) TRANSFORMS us into the Image Of His Son....Anybody can “Turn over a New Leaf” and CHANGE his outward behavior—— Only God can TRANSFORM .....WE do the TRUSTING and HE does the TRANSFORMING ......” The man who Finds Life will Find it by TRUSTING God “ .....

God will not save anybody “ Trying” to be Saved—— He Will Save EVERYBODY that is * TRUSTING* to be Saved.....You can “ Perform” with your pitiful attempts at Perfection .....I will finish my Walk of Faith the same way that I started it—- Trusting God.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus left us with only two Commands and One Law....Command #1 Believe.....Command #2 Love

That “ Law” we were left with? “ Take on the Burdens Of others” ( that’s called “ The Law Of Christ , btw)

Concentrate on what Jesus left us with ( the above) — do these things and watch everything else take care of itself...it ain’t complicated....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
r because if a believer stumbles on rare occasion, they can confess of their sins to be forgiven of those sins (1 John 1:9).

“ Be kind to each other , Forgiving each other, Just as in Christ GOD FORGAVE YOU!” It’s a Done Deal, my friend....

The Impetus for Forgiving in this Present Age Of Grace is not because of a threat if we “don’t” forgive.....When one realizes how God has forgiven “ their” sins , it is much easier to forgive others...

You preach from the age of Law....we are in the Age Of Grace.....it’s a New Plan, because God Himself “ Found Fault” with the Old One.....you are a “Poor Student” Of The Word because you fail to “ Rightly Divide “ it.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. If a Christian does not reach this kind of state that God deems as obeying the 1st and 2nd commandments, according to Jesus they will not live eternally;

This sure sounds “ Holy” , doesn’t it....it “ tickles the ears” of those that want to be “ Co- Savior” because the Grace Of God is Inefficient to Save a person....

Does your “ take” on Scripture sound “ Anything” like the Gospel Of 1Cor 15 :1-4, That Paul said would save anybody that Simply Believed it? Any fool can see that their is no resemblance....Its a “False and Perverted “ Gospel” .....Paul warned that if Anybody ( even an angel !) put forth something that differed from what he personally received from Jesus , let that person be Damned!

You have “ ADDED” to the Gospel Of Grace and Anybody that follows your False Gospel is “Fallen From Grace”.....I plead for all of the Newbies in here to read the short Book Of Galatians and see that I am correct....Don’t be “ Severed from Christ” as this poor, Confused man is by Adding to the Gospel....He is Fallen From Grace and does not even know what the term means it....don’t join him! Some say that falling from Grace is equal to Damnation....it could be true—- Jesus “ DID” say that the Path was “Narrow”, and the vast majority of “ Christians” ADD to the Gospel and they think nothing of it....they want something to “ Boast” about come Judgement Day.....God won’t have it! It’s “ Nothing But The Blood” for your Salvation ( it’s at the Heart Of The Gospel That you must Believe to be Saved) Go beyond Christ’s Shed Blood for your Justification before God, and you will be in that crowd that hears, “ Depart from me— I NEVER knew you!”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“The error in your reasoning is that it fails to account for differences that occur over time. The state of a particular man at time A does not necessitate that he be in that same state at time B. John Doe may not be keeping all of our Lord's commandments today, but tomorrow it is possible for him, by the grace of God.”

Strange , isn’t it ? Paul admitted that neither “HE” nor “ His Fathers” could “ Keep the Law”, But you and your equally confused buddy think that “ YOU” can!

Paul asked then and I will ask YOU Now.......” Let me ask those of you who want to be under the Law”——— and then Paul went on to explain using Isaac and Ishmael as examples, that those under the Law Do NOT inherit the Promises Of God ....it is those that REST in Christ and His Gospel That do....

If you desire to go back to or be under the Law, you are welcome to do so.....just be aware that those who try to be Justified by the Law are under the * CURSE* of the Law.....That “ Curse” is this: If you are trying to be Saved by your “ performance” of the Law—- you must Keep It 24/7 ! Every day! And if you just break “ ONE!” , you have “ Broken them All”......

Good luck with your Curse....I am going with Grace....

“But now we have been RELEASED from the Law ....we have died to what once held us captive....Now we can serve God In a New Way by obeying His Spirit , NOT by doing it the Old Way, trying to obey something that was obsolete , the old writings....”
Romans 7:6

James Macbeth

May 17, 2022
College Station
m.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Full disclosure, I am a Roman Catholic.
Therefore my objections come from that perspective.

Is Lordship salvation biblical? Yes.
But is it whole? No.

Thus it lacks the fullness of Faith, and the whole christian Doctrine.

1) Repentance is not a simple synonym for faith.
Scripture teaches that sinners must exercise faith in conjunction with repentance (Acts 2:38; 17:30; 20:21; 2 Peter 3:9).
Repentance is a change of mind from embrace of sin and rejection of Christ to a rejection of sin and an embrace of Christ (Acts 3:19; Luke 24:47), and even this is a gift of God (2 Timothy 2:25).
Genuine repentance, which comes when a person submits to the lordship of Christ, cannot help but result in a change of behavior (Luke 3:8; Acts 26:18–20).

This concept of repentance comes straight from the Greek word Μετανοεῖτε, and is a translation of the Aramaic word ܬܘܒܘ, as it stands it lacks the full meaning.
Return to God in atonement, as the Jews say, תשובה, one must:
1st examine their conscience,
2nd return to God,
3rd confess their guilt
4th forsake the sin
5th ask forgiveness
6th make amendment to abstain from sin
7th serve lovingkindness (penance)
8th avoid the near occasion of Sin

From the day of our baptism, our very being as Christians is the rejection of sin on the one hand, and belief in the Triune God on the other.
That is, turning away from Sin and turning to God.

2) A Christian is a new creation & cannot just “stop believing” and lose salvation.
Faith itself is a gift of God (Ephesians 2:1–5, 8), and real faith endures forever (Philippians 1:6).
Salvation is all God’s work, not man’s.
Those who believe in Christ as Lord are saved apart from any effort of their own (Titus 3:5).

An attack upon Charity & the fruits of the holy Ghost.
Charity is absolutely necessary for salvation.
No one is going to be saved without Charity.
Charity is an infused virtue, that God infuses into our soul.
By which we are able to love God, our neighbor and ourselves, for the sake of God.
Charity is a supernatural act, which gives us the ability to love.
This virtue makes it possible to love God & other human beings, for their sake.
It is the one chief commandment that includes all of the other, that is, the commandment of the love of God, and of our neighbor.
The enemy of mankind, Satan, sows the seeds of discord & hatred, and the only medicine for it is Charity.
You may have all whatsoever but if you have no Charity it profits you nothing, and if you have nothing but Charity you have fulfilled the Law.
The holy Ghost is the spirit of Charity, and allows us to forgive others.

3) The object of faith is Christ Himself, not a promise, a prayer, or a creed (John 3:16).
Faith must involve a personal commitment to Christ (2 Corinthians 5:15).
It is more than being convinced of the truth of the gospel; it is a forsaking of this world and a following of the Master.
The Lord Jesus said, “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27).

An indirect attack upon the Apostles Creed.
Everyone should recite the Apostles Creed each morning & evening as a defense against errors in the Faith.
Faith follows simple obedience, not argument or reasoning.
Argument may be good for the strengthening of the intellect, but is not the true foundation of Faith.
Those whose Faith rests on reason will lose it when they hear the specious reasoning of the Antichrist.
Those in the contrary, who rely on a firm belief founded on obedience, will reply, away with your arguments, such reasonings are not the grounds of my Faith. (S. Vincent Ferrer)
The Creed came from the Apostles themselves.
There are 12 articles of Faith, each one made by an Apostle himself.
Are we to puff ourselves up and reject that, which was given to us by our elders?

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i disagree. John macarthur has made it clear that he is a calvinist. The issue has now become is Lordship salvation just another name for calvinism. I would say yes. As much as i listen to macarthur, this is basically him trying to rename calvinism yet keep the 5 pts in an attempt to get people to see that it is Biblical.
I believe you are conflating ideas here. Calvinism has nothing to do with Lordship Salvation. On another forum I debate calvinists all the time who deny the Lordship of Christ . They will defend their sin all of the time and reject Jesus Lordship.

Lordship is biblical and its not calvinism. MacArthur wrote a great series of books on the topic as a Calvinist, but its not calvinism.

Jesus says why do you call Me Lord and not obey what I command you.

If you want to be My disciple you MUST deny yourself , take up your cross daily and follow Me.

Lord means He rules your life as Master/Lord and we are His slaves/servants.

hope this helps !!!