Is Lordship salvation Biblical?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hi @GodsGrace John's First Epistle is truly precious, isn't it?
Hi Farouk
Always wondered why your posts are short and to the point. I think I understand now. I'm so tired of debating about this or that although I remain very interested in theology.

For right now, I just want to thank and praise our Lord.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
“ If you Love Me, you will keep my Commandments “

Try looking at that as a Promise—- NOT a threat.....
Interesting.
However, you must admit that obedience is a requirement Jesus demanded.

He did leave us with the idea that all we need to do is believe in Him.

He left us with instructions as to how to make His Kingdom on earth better. How to improve ourselves and mankind.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
LOVE is the Engine that Drives Obedience....That “ Love” is only Found In those that REST in the FINISHED WORK of the Cross for their Salvation......Getting that Burden Of “Performance” off of your shoulders, that trying to “ earn” your Salvation by being “ Good Enough” ,That trying ( and failing) to make Jesus the Lord Of your life —-Yes, the abandoning of those “ Dead Works” results in a Gratitude and a Love for God that sets the stage for anything that really pleases God ....

Those that are Truly Saved know that they didn’t get Saved by “Turning from Sin” — THATS how you become a more “ moral man” , perhaps, but Hell will be Full Of these “good neighbor Sam” types.....Yes , if you want to remain Lost , and become a Prideful and Judgmental , stiff- Necked Religionist, and provide yourself with something to Boast about on Judgement Day ( a place where there will be NO Boasting) ...Your “ conquering of sin” in a Flesh Body! ...all because you made Jesus “ Lord Of your Life?” .....what a “ False Gospel” that is......

The Truly Saved do not “ Turn from Sin” to get Saved ....No, you don’t turn * FROM* Sin to get Saved—— rather, you Turn * TO* God ......You come to God with no false promises to “ be good” or let him be Boss ( Lord) Of your life....You get Saved by Believing the Gospel Plus NOTHING, and that Gospel is all about what God has done for YOU and * NOT* what you do or Will do for God if he will Save you....A wise man WILL submit to Jesus as Lord if the Holy Spirit hangs around long enough....I know that “I” have.....I do it because I kinda figure that God is a lot Smarter than me and I “ WANT” Him to be in charge ( as the Boss or in other words, the Lord Of my life ) ......Christians are engaged in a Spiritual Battle with forces of Evil and sometimes we let our Old Adamic Nature be Boss and we pay the price for it—-NOT Loss of Salvation, But Chastisement and Loss Of Heavenly Rewards.....

People confuse what is “ WISE” with what is “MANDATORY” when it comes to Salvation....Two things and TWO THINGS ONLY , “ GET” you Saved and “ KEEP” you Saved and “ Lordship Salvation” is not one of them.....The Two Things that Save a person are—- #1 The Shed Blood Of Jesus #2 Your COMPLETE TRUST in #1 and THAT ONLY!

One does NOT tell a Lost Man to give up his sin and make Jesus the Lord Of his life to get Saved.....you tell a Lost Man the Gospel ! And that “ Good News” is that Jesus “* DIED” for those sins that the Confused “ Preacher” is saying to this powerless man —- a man “DEAD in trespasses and Sins”
Salvation does not come from “ making a deal” with God, such as , “ If you save me, I promise to make you Lord of my life and I’ll keep all of the Commandments , go to Church every Sunday and make myself ‘ Worthy’ Of Eternal Life” ... ...No, you come to God with NOTHING to offer—- NOTHING to Bring .....it’s just like the song says—- “Nothing That I Bring, Simply to the Cross I Cling”.....Never forget that Salvation is a “ GIFT”, not a Trade, and we can never clean ourselves up to the point of becoming “ Worthy” —— We are * MADE* Worthy by the Blood Of The Lamb....But ONLY if we Trust in “ His “ Perfect Performance and not our own...

Be Smart—-Surrender to the Lordship Of Jesus—— make Him the Loving and all- knowing Boss Of your Life—- you will be blessed for it! ...just don’t do it to GET Saved and don’t do it to STAY Saved .....it really is , “NOTHING but the Blood” when it comes to Salvation....
What are the dead works?

Reactions: bbyrd009

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are the dead works?

God created us “ unto Good Works”...... no doubt about it, God Wants us to OBEY. “ The Law Of Christ “ is the ONLY Law that Jesus left us with.....That Law is “ to take on the Burdens Of others” ...

If you are Saved, meaning that you have the Holy Spirit within you because you have Trusted Christ , and Him ONLY, as your Savior, helping others “ should” occur naturally.....these are True “ Good Works”, which is God working THROUGH you......Good Works are always a positive thing, but they do not Save a person.....they should be a “ Result” Of Salvation and if you are running about doing Good Works in order to GET Saved or STAY Saved, “ that” is when you Good Works have become Dead Works....and Proof that you do not understand Christianity.....Christian know that they are Saved by Nothing But The Blood....If you fail to understand that, you are still Lost...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting.
However, you must admit that obedience is a requirement Jesus demanded.

He did leave us with the idea that all we need to do is believe in Him.

He left us with instructions as to how to make His Kingdom on earth better. How to improve ourselves and mankind.

Jesus left us with Two Commands —- #1 Believe. #2 Love . Concentrate on those two things and everything else will take care of itself....

“ Love God and live as you please”

If you Really “ love God” ( there is a REASON it is His #1 Commandment) you will live a life pleasing to Him .....by His Holy Spirit , He Will Work His Good In and through you...

“ If you Love Me you will Keep my Commandments” —- a Promise— Not a threat....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we are satisfied to add Jesus but not submit to Him as Lord Adonai, worthy of all our worship and highest eulogy In all spheres of our life?
How cute, the tares and the wheat must grow up together...sorry, I am not here to see how many "likes" and "trophies" I can get, I am awaiting my stephanos in hashamayim in Abba, Father, and my LORD and great Savior, great God, King, Priest and Prophet
Hinei!
J.

Wrong! But we do need to learn what it means that Jesus and our Father are deserving of all worship and praise. I don't know of any saved individual who, when they got saved became instant Billy Grahams. Being Christian is a day by day growth in holiness and reverence to god!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Wrong! But we do need to learn what it means that Jesus and our Father are deserving of all worship and praise. I don't know of any saved individual who, when they got saved became instant Billy Grahams. Being Christian is a day by day growth in holiness and reverence to god!
@Ronald Nolette 2 Peter 3.18 exhorts believers to 'grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ', to Whom Peter ascribes the glory.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOVE is the Engine that Drives Obedience....That “ Love” is only Found In those that REST in the FINISHED WORK of the Cross for their Salvation......Getting that Burden Of “Performance” off of your shoulders, that trying to “ earn” your Salvation by being “ Good Enough” ,That trying ( and failing) to make Jesus the Lord Of your life —-Yes, the abandoning of those “ Dead Works” results in a Gratitude and a Love for God that sets the stage for anything that really pleases God ....

Those that are Truly Saved know that they didn’t get Saved by “Turning from Sin” — THATS how you become a more “ moral man” , perhaps, but Hell will be Full Of these “good neighbor Sam” types.....Yes , if you want to remain Lost , and become a Prideful and Judgmental , stiff- Necked Religionist, and provide yourself with something to Boast about on Judgement Day ( a place where there will be NO Boasting) ...Your “ conquering of sin” in a Flesh Body! ...all because you made Jesus “ Lord Of your Life?” .....what a “ False Gospel” that is......

The Truly Saved do not “ Turn from Sin” to get Saved ....No, you don’t turn * FROM* Sin to get Saved—— rather, you Turn * TO* God ......You come to God with no false promises to “ be good” or let him be Boss ( Lord) Of your life....You get Saved by Believing the Gospel Plus NOTHING, and that Gospel is all about what God has done for YOU and * NOT* what you do or Will do for God if he will Save you....A wise man WILL submit to Jesus as Lord if the Holy Spirit hangs around long enough....I know that “I” have.....I do it because I kinda figure that God is a lot Smarter than me and I “ WANT” Him to be in charge ( as the Boss or in other words, the Lord Of my life ) ......Christians are engaged in a Spiritual Battle with forces of Evil and sometimes we let our Old Adamic Nature be Boss and we pay the price for it—-NOT Loss of Salvation, But Chastisement and Loss Of Heavenly Rewards.....

People confuse what is “ WISE” with what is “MANDATORY” when it comes to Salvation....Two things and TWO THINGS ONLY , “ GET” you Saved and “ KEEP” you Saved and “ Lordship Salvation” is not one of them.....The Two Things that Save a person are—- #1 The Shed Blood Of Jesus #2 Your COMPLETE TRUST in #1 and THAT ONLY!

One does NOT tell a Lost Man to give up his sin and make Jesus the Lord Of his life to get Saved.....you tell a Lost Man the Gospel ! And that “ Good News” is that Jesus “* DIED” for those sins that the Confused “ Preacher” is saying to this powerless man —- a man “DEAD in trespasses and Sins”
Salvation does not come from “ making a deal” with God, such as , “ If you save me, I promise to make you Lord of my life and I’ll keep all of the Commandments , go to Church every Sunday and make myself ‘ Worthy’ Of Eternal Life” ... ...No, you come to God with NOTHING to offer—- NOTHING to Bring .....it’s just like the song says—- “Nothing That I Bring, Simply to the Cross I Cling”.....Never forget that Salvation is a “ GIFT”, not a Trade, and we can never clean ourselves up to the point of becoming “ Worthy” —— We are * MADE* Worthy by the Blood Of The Lamb....But ONLY if we Trust in “ His “ Perfect Performance and not our own...

Be Smart—-Surrender to the Lordship Of Jesus—— make Him the Loving and all- knowing Boss Of your Life—- you will be blessed for it! ...just don’t do it to GET Saved and don’t do it to STAY Saved .....it really is , “NOTHING but the Blood” when it comes to Salvation....
Bravo! just absolutely fantastic! You my dear friend have an understanding of the truth that rivals and exceeds what I thought even I knew and I thought i was pretty well versed in this particular truth. You know There was a time when I tried to earn my standing in him even though i knew better. I knew the truth but because i respected a certain person i listened to them and tried to do the whole Lordship salvation thing. But i know from experience the damage it can do to someone I kept falling short no matter how hard i tried i kept messing up i simply coulodn't do it and i began to hate myself for it i became disgusted with myself i called myself a filthy disgusting worm i became enraged at myself i would even command myself to not even dare ask for forgiveness I would purposelly attack myself insult myslef because a filthy sinner like myself who cannot live a holy and righteous life who cannot honor him with my living desrves to bleed inside deserves to suffer. I wept in my pillow at night disgusted with myself gripping my pillow as if it was the only thing i could hold on to.
I felt this unholy anger at myself inhuuman in nature in no uncertain terms it was demonic in nature I opened the door to spiritual attacks. but i didn't realize it at the time i thought it was all me and i didn't care anyways i wanted myself to suffer how dare i even say his name how dare a filthy sinner who cannot live up to his standards even call myself a Christian? I would dream of myself suffering in hell and i was looking at myself in a first person view and was smiling loving that i was siffering loving that he was being avenged by my torture

However one day as i was on this other forum i go to a user there who is very spirit filled told me how loved i was told me how i need to simply rest in his love. after hearing this i remembered how easy things used to be with him, I remembered how i used to love simply pouring my affection for him into my prayers how i used to love simply loving him and being loved how it was as simple as being that of an endearing child with his father so simple so beautiful so amazing so warm. I broke into tears and finally felt free i was filled with love and joy again i was filled with warmth and love again

Earning salvation of any kind is very dangerous i know from experience

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bravo! just absolutely fantastic! You my dear friend have an understanding of the truth that rivals and exceeds what I thought even I knew and I thought i was pretty well versed in this particular truth. You know There was a time when I tried to earn my standing in him even though i knew better. I knew the truth but because i respected a certain person i listened to them and tried to do the whole Lordship salvation thing. But i know from experience the damage it can do to someone I kept falling short no matter how hard i tried i kept messing up i simply coulodn't do it and i began to hate myself for it i became disgusted with myself i called myself a filthy disgusting worm i became enraged at myself i would even command myself to not even dare ask for forgiveness I would purposelly attack myself insult myslef because a filthy sinner like myself who cannot live a holy and righteous life who cannot honor him with my living desrves to bleed inside deserves to suffer. I wept in my pillow at night disgusted with myself gripping my pillow as if it was the only thing i could hold on to.
I felt this unholy anger at myself inhuuman in nature in no uncertain terms it was demonic in nature I opened the door to spiritual attacks. but i didn't realize it at the time i thought it was all me and i didn't care anyways i wanted myself to suffer how dare i even say his name how dare a filthy sinner who cannot live up to his standards even call myself a Christian? I would dream of myself suffering in hell and i was looking at myself in a first person view and was smiling loving that i was siffering loving that he was being avenged by my torture

However one day as i was on this other forum i go to a user there who is very spirit filled told me how loved i was told me how i need to simply rest in his love. after hearing this i remembered how easy things used to be with him, I remembered how i used to love simply pouring my affection for him into my prayers how i used to love simply loving him and being loved how it was as simple as being that of an endearing child with his father so simple so beautiful so amazing so warm. I broke into tears and finally felt free i was filled with love and joy again i was filled with warmth and love again

Earning salvation of any kind is very dangerous i know from experience

Thank you for the kind words, Brother.I think that the struggle you went through is quite common....Not much different than the account of Paul’s agonizing experience in battling his Old Nature The we can see in Romans 7......People don’t want to accept that this struggle he was describing was at “ least” Ten Years after his experience on the Road To Damascus.....

The most important insight that I ever discovered was when I was taught by a great Teacher of the Word that Christians do not become Christians or stay Christians by Working to MAKE themselves Worthy of their Salvation.....Salvation is a Gift , and if we put our COMPLETE TRUST in the Shed Blood Of Jesus —— PLUS NOTHING—— we no longer have to be sacred to death all of the time, worrying about our “ Performance” .....A Christian will NEVER be “ Worthy”.......Christians are * MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb.....Knowing THAT Truth has made all the difference in my life.....

God has blessed you my Brother and Friend—- May He continue to do so ! Your kind words came just at a time when I needed them....God seems to have a knack for letting that happen to me .....lol....

Reactions: Cross8527

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the kind words, Brother.I think that the struggle you went through is quite common....Not much different than the account of Paul’s agonizing experience in battling his Old Nature The we can see in Romans 7......People don’t want to accept that this struggle he was describing was at “ least” Ten Years after his experience on the Road To Damascus.....

The most important insight that I ever discovered was when I was taught by a great Teacher of the Word that Christians do not become Christians or stay Christians by Working to MAKE themselves Worthy of their Salvation.....Salvation is a Gift , and if we put our COMPLETE TRUST in the Shed Blood Of Jesus —— PLUS NOTHING—— we no longer have to be sacred to death all of the time, worrying about our “ Performance” .....A Christian will NEVER be “ Worthy”.......Christians are * MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb.....Knowing THAT Truth has made all the difference in my life.....

God has blessed you my Brother and Friend—- May He continue to do so ! Your kind words came just at a time when I needed them....God seems to have a knack for letting that happen to me .....lol....
It would seem I will have to keep my eye out for you as you seem to be firmyl grounded in the truth beautifully so it is a rare treat to see.

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree.....it’s Rare.....and we BOTH know Who gets the Credit —- 100% of it...
I am honestly astonished at how blessed I have been in finding this forum I get such joy from speaking with some of the people i have encountered here like you there are some amazing people here you all have been a fantastic blessing to me God knew what he was doing in leading me here.
But yes it is rare these days that is because there is a vast difference between a Christians by title and a Christian by heart

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct. But believing on Christ as Savior automatically means believing on Christ as Lord. That is what we see in Scripture.
Jhn 8 clearly shows that there is a huge difference between the 2 things. This chapter states in verse 31 that the mob believed on Christ, and yet Jesus went on to say that these ppl were children of Satan and had no truth in them. Why? because these ppl didn't want Jesus to tell them what to do. A person acknowledging that Jesus wants to save people from sin isn't the same thing as them allowing Him to do that.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jhn 8 clearly shows that there is a huge difference between the 2 things. This chapter states in verse 31 that the mob believed on Christ, and yet Jesus went on to say that these ppl were children of Satan and had no truth in them. Why? because these ppl didn't want Jesus to tell them what to do. A person acknowledging that Jesus wants to save people from sin isn't the same thing as them allowing Him to do that.
The Mob never had any faith in Jesus at all !
The Mob were who Jesus was talking about that were as you say.
The Mob were lead by a people who were not worthy of God in fact and as we see in the Vineyard story, that they killed all of Gods Prophets and then had a go at Jesus, remember how cunning they were and how they tried to play tricks on Jesus so the people would kill him just like such as they did with Stephen.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Lordship salvation Biblical?

Yes.

“For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,” (1 Thessalonians 5:9)

I don't think that's what that passage is saying, to support lordship salvation doctrine.

Matthew 7: 21-23

21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Farouk
Always wondered why your posts are short and to the point. I think I understand now. I'm so tired of debating about this or that although I remain very interested in theology.

For right now, I just want to thank and praise our Lord.
@GodsGrace It's easy to get long-winded, right? Better simply to try to let the Word speak for itself.....

Reactions: GodsGrace

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ If you Love Me, you will keep my Commandments “

Try looking at that as a Promise—- NOT a threat.....

It is written:

“If any man doesn't love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. Come, Lord!” (1 Corinthians 16:22) (WEB).​

The apostle Paul basically says that any man who does not love Jesus is accursed.
Obviously accursed people do not go to Heaven.
So loving Jesus by keeping His commandments is not optional.

Lets look at another Scripture.

Luke 10:25-28 says,
25 “And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.”​

To recap this passage above: A certain lawyer (a Jew) asked Jesus what shall he do to inherit eternal life. Jesus asked in return, how do you read what is written in the Law (or the Scriptures). The lawyer replied with quoting the two greatest commandments which is basically to love God (with some included details), and to love your neighbor. Jesus did correct the lawyer, and give the OSAS reply and say, “Wrong lawyer!” “Just believe in me, and my finished work, and do nothing and you shalt live.”

Is that what Jesus said? No. Most certainly not. Jesus said to the lawyer, you have answered right. This do, and you shall live (i.e. shall have eternal life).

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is written:

“If any man doesn't love the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be accursed. Come, Lord!” (1 Corinthians 16:22) (WEB).​

The apostle Paul basically says that any man who does not love Jesus is accursed.
Obviously accursed people do not go to Heaven.
So loving Jesus by keeping His commandments is not optional.

Lets look at another Scripture.

Luke 10:25-28 says,
25 “And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.”​

To recap this passage above: A certain lawyer (a Jew) asked Jesus what shall he do to inherit eternal life. Jesus asked in return, how do you read what is written in the Law (or the Scriptures). The lawyer replied with quoting the two greatest commandments which is basically to love God (with some included details), and to love your neighbor. Jesus did correct the lawyer, and give the OSAS reply and say, “Wrong lawyer!” “Just believe in me, and my finished work, and do nothing and you shalt live.”

Is that what Jesus said? No. Most certainly not. Jesus said to the lawyer, you have answered right. This do, and you shall live (i.e. shall have eternal life).

If your “ take” on the encounter between Jesus and the rich, young ruler is that one must obey those two commandments in order to be Saved, you are in big trouble . Why ? First, Because YOU nor anybody else other than Jesus, ever loved God with ALL of their heart, ALL of their soul , and ALL of their mind.Secondly, neither YOU or anybody else, other than Jesus ,ever Truly loved their neighbor as much as they loved themselves.....

When Jesus said to “Do this and you shall live” , He knew the guy couldn’t “ Do” it......

If one can “DO” these things, yes—- they will “ earn” Heaven......The problem is that NOBODY can.....The Ruler was living in a “Fool’s Paradise”—— He was SELF - RIGHTEOUS, thinking he was “ Good Enough” to merit Heaven because he thought that he had “ kept the Law”......

Many today are just like that man —-THEY are unknowingly living in that same “ Fools Paradise” , they live in the Satanic Delusion that they “ keep the Commandments” and thereby deserve Heaven....

The Rich Ruler Loved His Money more than he loved God......Jesus punctured the man’s “Self-Righteous Balloon” by proving this before the crowd....The guy turned out not to be near as ‘ Hot” as he thought he was.....he went away dejected— Just the effect Jesus Wanted.....

If anybody can “ earn” Heaven by keeping the Law, Jesus went to the Cross for no reason....Hopefully, somewhere down the road , the rich, young Ruler, saw that he was a Sinner and the only thing that could Save him was the Grace of God—- NOT his Performance Level Of Law- Keeping.....The Law That even Paul admitted was something “ neither he nor his fathers kept” .....and we are supposed to believe that this rich Ruler did?

There is no record of this guy ever having his eyes opened before he died......how about you?

For men and women out there with the self- insight and the humility to SEE and ADMIT that they are sinners that DON’T and indeed CAN’T “ keep the Law”, God has provided a Rescue Plan that is within the reach of everybody —— simply Believe the “ Good News” that you don’t have to “ Perform” to get Saved.....what you have to “ DO” is simply BELIEVE 1Cor15:1-4...... Check it out...Hopefully the Self- Righteous , deluded , Rich Ruler did before he died....Some in these Forums need to do the same thing...

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your “ take” on the encounter between Jesus and the rich, young ruler is that one must obey those two commandments in order to be Saved, you are in big trouble . Why ? First, Because YOU nor anybody else other than Jesus, ever loved God with ALL of their heart, ALL of their soul , and ALL of their mind.Secondly, neither YOU or anybody else, other than Jesus ,ever Truly loved their neighbor as much as they loved themselves.....

When Jesus said to “Do this and you shall live” , He knew the guy couldn’t “ Do” it......

If one can “DO” these things, yes—- they will “ earn” Heaven......The problem is that NOBODY can.....The Ruler was living in a “Fool’s Paradise”—— He was SELF - RIGHTEOUS, thinking he was “ Good Enough” to merit Heaven because he thought that he had “ kept the Law”......

Many today are just like that man —-THEY are unknowingly living in that same “ Fools Paradise” , they live in the Satanic Delusion that they “ keep the Commandments” and thereby deserve Heaven....

The Rich Ruler Loved His Money more than he loved God......Jesus punctured the man’s “Self-Righteous Balloon” by proving this before the crowd....The guy turned out not to be near as ‘ Hot” as he thought he was.....he went away dejected— Just the effect Jesus Wanted.....

If anybody can “ earn” Heaven by keeping the Law, Jesus went to the Cross for no reason....Hopefully, somewhere down the road , the rich, young Ruler, saw that he was a Sinner and the only thing that could Save him was the Grace of God—- NOT his Performance Level Of Law- Keeping.....The Law That even Paul admitted was something “ neither he nor his fathers kept” .....and we are supposed to believe that this rich Ruler did?

There is no record of this guy ever having his eyes opened before he died......how about you?

For men and women out there with the self- insight and the humility to SEE and ADMIT that they are sinners that DON’T and indeed CAN’T “ keep the Law”, God has provided a Rescue Plan that is within the reach of everybody —— simply Believe the “ Good News” that you don’t have to “ Perform” to get Saved.....what you have to “ DO” is simply BELIEVE 1Cor15:1-4...... Check it out...Hopefully the Self- Righteous , deluded , Rich Ruler did before he died....Some in these Forums need to do the same thing...

The problem is that you are favoring your own experience over the portions of Scripture I shown to you. You have to believe the whole counsel of God’s Word and you cannot cherry pick those verses that you like to hear that tickles your ears from your own slanted viewpoint to justify sin. This is why you are not explaining the verses I put forth to you. It’s because you cannot explain them. You must reject them and or find a way to twist them to say something else.