Is Lying Ever Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Good topic and some good posts. Has anyone considered this scripture? What do you think of it?

Then Micaiah continued, "Listen to what the LORD says! I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the armies of heaven around him, on his right and on his left. And the LORD said, `Who can entice Ahab to go into battle against Ramoth-gilead so that he can be killed there?' There were many suggestions,until finally a spirit approached the LORD and said, `I can do it!'" `How will you do this?' the LORD asked. "And the spirit replied, `I will go out and inspire all Ahab's prophets to speak lies.' " `You will succeed,' said the LORD. `Go ahead and do it.' "So you see, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of your prophets. For the LORD has determined disaster for you." 1Kings 22:19-23

No thoughts I guess?

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
I suppose I could argue that most of God did this and God did that should have been translated as Passive from Hebrew, as Hebrew does not contain the same passive verb tenses we have. Hebrew Scholars have pointed this out. Anyone that wants to be deceived is given to their own deception. (I have NT scriptures for all that.) All the Lord has to do is just stand back. Plenty of devils around to accommodate. Saul was the same way, he refused to obey God. Anyone else hear the sheep??

but, as I stated before...................... Lying in any form is not good. Not even for a second.

2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Now what about that???

Jesus Is Lord