Is Man Mortal or Immortal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't actually engage in dialogue do ya? Or just not with me? You sling mud at me and call it good eh. My thinking doesn't align with your word. I see you aren't discerning the Spirit of God from your own.

Troll.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Below are some scriptures that prove that man is NOT immortal or possesses an immortal soul.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7)

"And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you will not eat of it: for in the day that you eat of it you will surely die." (Genesis 2:16,17)

"And the serpent said to the woman, You will not surely die." - Genesis 3:4

"God said “you will surely die.” Satan said “you will not surely die.” This is the first lie and the one that is responsible for many false doctrines today. In the sweat of your face will you eat bread, till you return to the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and to dust will you return." - Genesis 3:19

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." - Romans 5:12

"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ will all be made alive." - 1 Corinthians 15:21,22

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." - 1 Corinthians 15:45

"Nevertheless man being in honor abides not: he is like the beasts that perish." - Psalms 49:12

"The LORD preserves all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. - Psalms 145:20

For yet a little while, and the wicked will not be: yea, you will diligently consider his place, and it will not be." - Psalms 37:10

"For Moses truly said to the fathers, A prophet will the Lord your God raise up to you of your brethren, like to me; him will you hear in all things whatsoever he will say to you. And it will come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, will be destroyed from among the people." - Acts 3:22,23

"For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; even one thing befalls them: as the one dies, so dies the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man has no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go to one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again." - Ecclesiastes 3:19,20

"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins, it will die." - Ezekiel 18:4

"And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died." - Genesis 7:21,22

"Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he will divide the spoil with the strong; because he has poured out his soul to death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." - Isaiah 53:12

"But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death, and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." - 2 Timothy 1:10

"Who only has immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach to; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen." - 1 Timothy 6:16

"Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life." - Romans 2:6,7
I think God has made us immortal.