Is Man Mortal or Immortal?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Below are some scriptures that prove that man is NOT immortal or possesses an immortal soul.

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7)

"And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you will not eat of it: for in the day that you eat of it you will surely die." (Genesis 2:16,17)

"And the serpent said to the woman, You will not surely die." - Genesis 3:4

"God said “you will surely die.” Satan said “you will not surely die.” This is the first lie and the one that is responsible for many false doctrines today. In the sweat of your face will you eat bread, till you return to the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and to dust will you return." - Genesis 3:19

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." - Romans 5:12

"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ will all be made alive." - 1 Corinthians 15:21,22

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." - 1 Corinthians 15:45

"Nevertheless man being in honor abides not: he is like the beasts that perish." - Psalms 49:12

"The LORD preserves all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. - Psalms 145:20

For yet a little while, and the wicked will not be: yea, you will diligently consider his place, and it will not be." - Psalms 37:10

"For Moses truly said to the fathers, A prophet will the Lord your God raise up to you of your brethren, like to me; him will you hear in all things whatsoever he will say to you. And it will come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, will be destroyed from among the people." - Acts 3:22,23

"For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; even one thing befalls them: as the one dies, so dies the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man has no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go to one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again." - Ecclesiastes 3:19,20

"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins, it will die." - Ezekiel 18:4

"And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died." - Genesis 7:21,22

"Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he will divide the spoil with the strong; because he has poured out his soul to death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." - Isaiah 53:12

"But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death, and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." - 2 Timothy 1:10

"Who only has immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach to; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen." - 1 Timothy 6:16

"Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life." - Romans 2:6,7

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Below are some scriptures that prove that man is NOT immortal or possesses an immortal soul.
For a "Berean" you are certainly coming up with some nonsensical ideas. The soul of man is imperishable. "Mortality" and "immortality" applies to the body.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:7)

"And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you will not eat of it: for in the day that you eat of it you will surely die." (Genesis 2:16,17)

"God said “you will surely die.” Satan said “you will not surely die.” This is the first lie and the one that is responsible for many false doctrines today. In the sweat of your face will you eat bread, till you return to the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and to dust will you return." - Genesis 3:19

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." - Romans 5:12

"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ will all be made alive." - 1 Corinthians 15:21,22

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." - 1 Corinthians 15:45

"Nevertheless man being in honor abides not: he is like the beasts that perish." - Psalms 49:12

"The LORD preserves all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy. - Psalms 145:20

For yet a little while, and the wicked will not be: yea, you will diligently consider his place, and it will not be." - Psalms 37:10

"For Moses truly said to the fathers, A prophet will the Lord your God raise up to you of your brethren, like to me; him will you hear in all things whatsoever he will say to you. And it will come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, will be destroyed from among the people." - Acts 3:22,23

"For that which befalls the sons of men befalls beasts; even one thing befalls them: as the one dies, so dies the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man has no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. All go to one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again." - Ecclesiastes 3:19,20

"Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sins, it will die." - Ezekiel 18:4

"And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died." - Genesis 7:21,22

"Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he will divide the spoil with the strong; because he has poured out his soul to death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." - Isaiah 53:12

"But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death, and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel." - 2 Timothy 1:10

"Who only has immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach to; whom no man has seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power everlasting. Amen." - 1 Timothy 6:16

"Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life." - Romans 2:6,7

Yes sir, fully agree. Man has always been, and will always be mortal. Out of all creation there are only as far as I know 144,001 who have immortality, and believe me I do not understand that. We believe of course that Jehovah sees the finale from the beginning, and when He granted immortality to those individuals, He had full confidence that they would never sin.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a "Berean" you are certainly coming up with some nonsensical ideas. The soul of man is imperishable. "Mortality" and "immortality" applies to the body.

Sorry, but that's not Biblically correct. We are not born with immortal souls. Only by Faith on Jesus Christ are we promised immortality. I believed when I was a child, but not baptized until I turned 40, so I consider my soul having been dead until I got baptized in Christ by The Holy Spirit.

The soul can still perish in the future "lake of fire", which is why Lord Jesus gave the warning in Matthew 10:28, to fear Him Who is able to destroy both body (spirit body) and soul in hell (geena actually put for the future "lake of fire" at the end of Revelation 20). He was pointing to the wicked about that final destruction.

Apostle Paul covered this point in 1 Corinthians 15:53-54 per the Greek, but most never look that far in depth. The "this mortal" part is about the soul.

1 Cor 15:53
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

KJV

Those words in bold are actually 4 different Greek words in the Textus Receptus Greek New Testament manuscripts. Two types of changes must occur for us to have immortality in Christ Jesus.

The resurrection also involves the wicked raised to the "resurrection of damnation" per Jesus in John 5:28-29 on the day of His future return. They definitely will not be made immortal, but will still be subject to the "second death" of Revelation 20.

Thus the 'resurrection' does not mean automatic Salvation in Christ, because the wicked dead are raised to the body of "incorruption" also, a "spiritual body". Yet their souls will still be mortal, i.e., liable to die which is the meaning of "this mortal" in the Greek.

But for those in Christ Jesus, their souls are not subject to the "second death", and can never perish.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are not born with immortal souls.
All souls are imperishable. When the body dies the soul and spirit either go to Heaven or to Hades. What did David say about the child he lost?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All souls are imperishable. When the body dies the soul and spirit either go to Heaven or to Hades. What did David say about the child he lost?

You need to extend... your understanding to include the subject of the "second death". What is that?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You need to extend... your understanding to include the subject of the "second death". What is that?
The second death means ETERNAL separation from God of both the body and the soul of the unrighteous in the Lake of Fire. This confirms the fact that souls are indeed imperishable. There is either eternal life or eternal "death" -- which is not annihilation but eternal damnation.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The second death means ETERNAL separation from God of both the body and the soul of the unrighteous in the Lake of Fire. This confirms the fact that souls are indeed imperishable. There is either eternal life or eternal "death" -- which is not annihilation but eternal damnation.

Psalms 37 teaches that the wicked consume away, perish.

Ps 37:10-11
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
KJV

Ps 37:20
20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
KJV

Thus it's the SMOKE of their having perished which rises forever and ever, not a continual burning...

Rev 14:11
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The "second death" means destruction of one's spirit with soul. Just as the flesh body is not forever and is subject to death, likewise with the spiritual bodies and mortal souls of the dead who perish in the future lake of fire.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A rational being is created to be immortal. No other animal but us are rational beings. The other animals aren't concerned about truth or justice, they can't imagine a future that doesn't include them. They don't know about death. That's because their souls are not immortal. Their souls are produced by earthly processes. Ours on the other hand is created by God.

God creates immortal souls. The earth produces mortal souls.

The other animals have mortal bodies animated by mortal souls. That's why it's natural for them to die.

So before sin our mortal body was animated by an immortal soul and would have lived forever.
That is unless it gets crucified.

After sin the immortal soul can't animate the mortal body forever. After sin the human mortal body doesn't live forever like before.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Man is ultimately immortal. His soul and spirit are immortal now while the body is mortal. At teh second resurrection the last of the disembodied souls will be rejoined with their bodies and all will be fully immortal body, soul and spirit.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, let's let the scriptures decide:

If man is immortal, why did the apostle TEACH that God “ONLY HATH immortality”? I Tim. 6:16. What reasons have we for believing that our souls are immortal, when the apostle emphatically states that God, ONLY, possesses this degree of life — that it inheres in HIM ALONE?

If we already possess immortality, why should the apostle exhort us to “SEEK immortality”? Rom. 2:7. Would it not be misleading for the apostle to exhort us to SEEK for something we already possess?

If we are by nature immortal, why should the apostle exhort us to “PUT ON immortality”? I Cor. 15:53.

Would it be possible for us to put on that which we already have on by nature? Are not these proof-texts sufficient evidence to convince any reasonable-minded Christian that immortality is CONDITIONAL —that it is something to be GAINED?

If the soul is immortal and cannot die, why did the prophet Ezekiel state that “the SOUL that sinneth it SHALL DIE”? Eze. 18:4, 20.

If souls are immortal and cannot die, why did the apostle ask the question, “How are THE DEAD [souls] raised up? and with WHAT BODY do they [dead souls] come”? I Cor. 15:35

If the soul is immortal and cannot die, and THIS BODY which we sow is NOT that body that shall be raised again, what is it that dies that will be raised again? I Cor. 15:36, 37, 38.

If our souls are immortal and cannot die, and OUR BODIES ARE NOT RAISED AGAIN, how could there be any raising of the dead? I Cor. 15:36, 38. If our souls are immortal and do not die, would they not EVOLVE from the human to spirit conditions at the laying aside of the body? — and is not this the doctrine of EVOLUTION?

If our souls are immortal, and the saved evolve into heavenly bliss immediately on leaving the body, why did our Lord say, “Thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just”? Luke 14:14.

If our souls are immortal, and the lost souls evolve into the spirit nature, to be tormented, immediately on leaving the body, why did our Lord say that he knew how to “reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment TO BE punished”? II Peter 2:9.

What was the HOPE of the prophets and apostles? Was their hope of a future life centered in the IMMORTALITY of the soul — evolving from human to spirit nature? — or was their hope of a future life centered in the MORTALITY of the soul, its death, its redemption, and its “resurrection FROM the dead”? Eze. 18:4, 20; Psa. 33:19; 34:22; 49:8, 15; 78:50; Acts 23:6; 24:15; Rom. 1:4; I Cor. 15:12, 13.

If our Lord’s soul did not die, why did the prophet Isaiah say that HE “POURED OUT HIS SOUL UNTO DEATH,” and that HE MADE “HIS SOUL AN OFFERING FOR SIN”? Isa. 53:12, 10.

If death of the soul means moral death — death in sin and eternal separation from God, as claimed by sectarian teachers — how could our Lord’s soul have died? How could he have “poured out his soul unto [literally into] death”? How could he have made “his SOUL an offering for [or on account of] sin”? What Christian would dare make the charge that our Lord’s soul suffered moral death; that his soul died in sin; that he poured out his soul unto sin, and that he is eternally separated from God? Isa. 53:12, 10. How can death of the soul be moral death, when moral death and sin are one and the same? Is it possible that a thing can be its own penalty?

If our Lord’s soul (literally his being, his poured-out life) was not put into and environed by hell (sheol, the dark place; hades, the grave) which, without intervention, would have held him, why did the apostle Peter and the prophet David say that “his SOUL was not left in hell”? Acts 2:27, 31; Psa. 16:10. If angels, or spirit beings, are immortal, how is our Lord going to DESTROY the devil? Heb. 2:14.

If the destruction of the soul is destruction in sin, as claimed by sectarian teachers, how could THE DEVIL be destroyed? How can he be destroyed in that which he is already in, and the father of? I John 3:8; John 8:44.

If death of the soul means death in sin, how are we, who are by nature the children of the devil, children of wrath — born in sin and iniquity — going to die in that in which we are born — already in by nature? Job 14:4; Psa. 51:5, 58:3; Rom. 5:12; Eph. 2:3; John 8:44.

Are not all people “the dead” who are burying “the dead,” except the little flock who seek and find immortality by being begotten and BORN AGAIN of the Holy Spirit? How, then, can the dead die spiritually when they ARE BORN spiritually dead? Matt. 8:22.

If the death of unjust souls means death in sin, would not the resurrection of the unjust mean resurrection out of sin? And would not the resurrection of the unjust out of sin necessitate future probation? Acts 24:15.

If hell is an eternal abiding place for the wicked, who will have charge of them after the DEVIL IS DESTROYED? Heb. 2:14. If our Lord came “that he might DESTROY the works of the devil,” how will there be any sin, or sinners, or hell left? I John 3:8.

Why is it that the wise and prudent never quote scripture to prove their doctrine of immortality, but invariably depend upon heathen philosophy and “science, falsely so called”? Matt. 11:25; I Tim. 6:20; II Tim. 3:1-8.

Isn’t it strange that the whole world, both heathendom and Christendom, have believed Satan’s first lie: “Ye [immortal soul] shall not surely die,” and have disbelieved God: “Thou [mortal soul] SHALT surely die”? Gen. 3:4; 2:16, 17.

Did not the Lord God form man’s body of “the dust of the ground” and “breathed into his nostrils the breath [spirit] of life,” and did he not become a “LIVING SOUL”? Gen.2:7.

Did not the man become a DYING SOUL when he disobeyed? And when his breath (spirit) left his body and went back to God who gave it, did not his dying soul finish in DEATH?—did not his body go back to dust? — and isn’t man, in the words of the prophets and apostles, completely “destroyed”? — and has he not “perished”? Gen. 2:7,17; 3:19; Rom. 6:23; II Thess. 1:9; Phil. 3:19; I John 2:17; 3:8, 14, 15; 5:12; Acts 3:23; II Peter 2:1; 3:9; James 1:15; 4:12.

Would not man (a dying soul) have been eternally destroyed — annihilated — if our blessed Lord had not “redeemed” him by having “poured out his soul [life] unto death”? Isa. 53:10, 12; Psa. 49:8-15

Doesn’t the Lord counsel us to “fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to DESTROY both soul and body in hell” (gehenna, or second death!) And will he not do so (i.e., DESTROY the soul) if we do not heed the voice of the great Prophet, Priest and King? Matt. 10:28; Acts 3:23.

continued in the next post

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continued from previous post above
Don’t you know that while man can kill the body, man cannot destroy the soul because of the redemption of all (souls) from the first (Adamic) death? (Psa. 49:15; 71:23; 103:4; Isa. 35:10) — and that all souls are asleep (in an unconscious state) awaiting the resurrection morn? (Psa. 34:22; 49:14) — and that ALL shall then hear the voice of the Son of Man and come forth from the grave to live forever if they are obedient to the great Prophet, Priest and King? (John 5:25, 28, 29). But if they will not hear (heed) that Prophet, will he not DESTROY their souls in gehenna-fire (second death)? — and is not this their annihilation, because Christ dieth no more to redeem the dead? Acts 3:23; Luke 12:5; Rom. 6:9; Rev. 20:14; 21:8.

Do you know that eternal life and IMMORTALITY are different, and that our Lord not only brought life to light but that he also brought immortality to light? Did he not bring two facts to light—both life and IMMORTALITY? II Tim. 1:10.

Do you know that while immortal beings possess eternal life, a being with eternal life does not necessarily possess immortality? Do you know that eternal-life-creatures are dependent upon God for their life, and are in a destructible condition, whereas immortal creatures are independent, and, like unto the great Jehovah, possess inherent life and are in an indestructible condition? John 5:26

Do you know that all of God’s creatures are mortal, and that “he only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto”? — and that this express image of himself, this life in self, this immortal and divine nature, is THE PRIZE of the HIGH CALLING which is offered as a reward to the faithful followers of our Lord and Saviour? — and that the promise to the balance of mankind is RESTITUTION of perfect human nature in Paradise restored, and eternal life to whosoever will? I Tim. 6:16; Heb. 1:3; John 5:26; Phil. 3:14; Rom. 2:7; Acts 3:21; Rom. 11:25-30.

Do you know that the Bible teaches the mortality, destruction, redemption and resurrection of the soul and not the body, from lid to lid? Eze. 18:4; Lev. 23:30; Jos. 11:11; Job 33:22, 28, 30; Psa. 16:10; 22:29; 33:19; 34:22; 35:17; 40:14; 49:15; 56:13; 63:9; 78:50; Isa. 53:12. (Proof quotations of the soul’s mortality are too numerous to mention. Take your concordance and look up immortality and soul if you wish a surprise.)

Do you know that when the apostle Paul speaks of the “redemption of our body,” that he has reference to the BODY OF CHRIST, of which all the saints are members? Does he not use the words “our” (plural) and “body,” (singular)? Rom. 8:23; 12:4, 5; I Cor. 12:12-27.

Do you know that when the apostle Paul speaks of our mortal bodies being quickened, he means that when our old carnal minds (self-will) have been displaced by the new mind (will of God), that the old body, which had been dead to all but self, would be quickened into serving the new mind, the controlling thought of all such being, “not my will, but thine, be done”? Rom. 8:11; Luke 22:42.

Do you know that immortality of the human soul necessitates an eternal abiding place for the wicked, and that the advocates of this false theory have established in the minds of the people a belief in the blasphemous doctrine of an eternal, living, conscious condition in a habitable place called hell, where immortal, wicked souls are tormented day and night forever and forever?

Do you know that the bright shining (epiphania) of our Lord will soon shine upon this erroneous doctrine of immortality with such brilliancy that it will compel Satan to use other methods to deceive? (II Thess. 2:1-11) — and that one of his other methods will be the materialization of fallen angels, who are now having their chains (restrained privileges) removed prior to the judgment? (Gen. 6:2, 4; Jude 6) — and that these evil spirits, or angels (messengers) of Satan, will reaffirm the human immortality theory by materializing and personating the dead, claiming that there are no dead, and that what we call death is nothing more than the natural law of evolution, changing immortal creatures from human to spiritual? I Tim. 4:1; Rev. 13:13, 14; Deut. 18:9-12; I Cor. 6:2, 3. “When they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that hath familiar spirits and unto wizards, that chirp [not peep] and that mutter: should not a people SEEK UNTO THEIR GOD? On behalf of the LIVING should they seek unto the DEAD?” Isa. 8:19 R.V.).

Isn’t this enough scriptural evidence to convince any believer of the Word of God that the doctrine of immortality is false?

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man is immortal, why did the apostle TEACH that God “ONLY HATH immortality”? I T
For man immortality is contingent on God. God made our souls immortal. We have it like a possession. But God IS immortal as in What God is. Angels have immortality but God is immortality.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For man immortality is contingent on God. God made our souls immortal. We have it like a possession. But God IS immortal as in What God is. Angels have immortality but God is immortality.
I posted dozens of scriptures and all I see are human thoughts with no scriptural support. C'mon people this is a Bible forum is it not? Use your Bibles!!!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted dozens of scriptures and all I see are human thoughts with no scriptural support. C'mon people this is a Bible forum is it not? Use your Bibles!!!
The human soul goes up animal soul down according to scripture. I posted on that. animal souls being of the earth. God makes ours. Heaven is where life is everlasting. Animal souls mortal. Human souls immortal?
Ecclesiastes 3:21
Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scriptural proof please!
Joshua 1:2
Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
that proves the body dies!

Luke 16:23
And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

proves the soul lives on after physical death!

Mark 12:25-27
King James Version

25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

proves people do not cease to exist after physical death.

Luke 16:22-23
King James Version

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom

Proves physical death does not end existence.

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Proves that man has an immaterial part that continues to live!

Revelation 19
King James Version

19 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:

2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.

3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

People are in heaven shouting and rejoicing! Before the first resurrection which occurs later.

Reactions: EloyCraft