Is my salvation based upon my knowledge of the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Farouk,

To the contrary, much work in apologetics is used by the Lord to clear away some of the obstructions of people who are drawn to the Saviour.

Teens I work with are asking profound questions:
  • What evidence do we have for God's existence?
  • Who made God?
  • Which evidence will you accept?
  • We can't trust the Bible, a series of books that is thousands of years old.
  • How do we know Jesus existed, was crucified and was raised?
Oz
@OzSpen But it's not rational argument which in the end brings faith in the heart; "faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10.17).

Faith comes, albeit with a faith reasoning, when the sinner cries to the Lord for forgiveness of sins, not when one is somehow impressed by merely rational arguments: "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1.18)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Farouk,

To the contrary, much work in apologetics is used by the Lord to clear away some of the obstructions of people who are drawn to the Saviour.

Teens I work with are asking profound questions:
  • What evidence do we have for God's existence?
  • Who made God?
  • Which evidence will you accept?
  • We can't trust the Bible, a series of books that is thousands of years old.
  • How do we know Jesus existed, was crucified and was raised?
Oz
@OzSpen But it's not rational argument which in the end brings faith in the heart; "faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10.17).

Faith comes, albeit with a faith reasoning, when the sinner cries to the Lord for forgiveness of sins, not when one is somehow impressed by merely rational arguments: "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1.18)
I think you both are talking about different parts of the same thing.

Ultimately the core of faith is a matter of heart and a gift given from God. That's the core.
Now, built upon that core is rest of the Christian life: including the mind & our intellectual understanding God & His ways (which is where apologetics comes in).

PS: I didn't know you worked with youth @OzSpen, that's very cool! I used to be in charge of our kid/youth group (age 8-12) and really loved it.