Is my salvation based upon my knowledge of the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a mute point - not found in Scripture. Why bring it up ?

=======================================================================================
Not in my opinion, the jws false god, idolatry, false jesus, is well known worldwide, and was exposed clearly decades ago.
David Bercot recently , who was raised in a family as a jw, made this very clear also - they serve a god of this world, not the Creator.
Their teachings are false.

=====================================================================================

He serves a false god, as shown in all his posts, his life, his character, as long as he thinks jws are right or good or can save him.

If God permits, if he has a working living conscience, he knows deep down and is convicted by his conscience every time he hears the truth.
If he turns to God, to be healed, and repents (turns away from ) his sin, God may "heal his land"....
Where in scripture does it say that we must have a perfect and correct understanding of the Godhead in order to be ultimately saved? I don't agree with the JW concepts either. But God judges them according to righteous judgement... God will judge them according to stuff I know nothing about. Like attitude. Conscience. Character. I have enough to concern me regarding my own life than to worry about whether people live up to my estimations regarding how the Father, Son, and Spirit correlate with one another.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let God and His Word Reveal to you His Wisdom (James, etal, or especially Jesus is our Wisdom, etc) , as you continue remaining constant in prayer, and reading His Word.
God will judge them according to stuff I know nothing about. Like attitude. Conscience. Character. I have enough to concern me regarding my own life than to worry about whether people live up to my estimations regarding how the Father, Son, and Spirit correlate with one another.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God and His Word never tell to do this.
KJV Philippians 2
A Christian's Obligations
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

KJV 2 Peter 1
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You jumped entirely out of the topic. (in 345)

Your estimations are not a concern to God,

nor in His Word are you told to judge anything by your (old man/fleshly/carnal) estimations.

worry about whether people live up to my estimation

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You jumped entirely out of the topic. (in 345)

Your estimations are not a concern to God,

nor in His Word are you told to judge anything by your (old man/fleshly/carnal) estimations.
You need to read my posts properly. You half read them, scan them quickly, fail to understand where I'm coming from and what I'm saying, jump to a conclusion and criticise me then agree with what I was actually saying all along. SMH.
wondering now if you've done that with others here.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to read my posts properly. You half read them, scan them quickly, fail to understand where I'm coming from and what I'm saying, jump to a conclusion and criticise me then agree with what I was actually saying all along. SMH.
wondering now if you've done that with others here.

Want to try to say what you are actually saying then? Is it different than your post ?

I did not jump to some conclusion at all, but for your sake, go ahead and repost what you meant to say, if you want.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture does it say that we must have a perfect and correct understanding of the Godhead in order to be ultimately saved? I don't agree with the JW concepts either. But God judges them according to righteous judgement... God will judge them according to stuff I know nothing about. Like attitude. Conscience. Character. I have enough to concern me regarding my own life than to worry about whether people live up to my estimations regarding how the Father, Son, and Spirit correlate with one another.
My understanding is that God will judge them on but one thing, and that is do they look to a crucified and resurrected Christ for their reconcile.

Reactions: 101G

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i don't think
the truth matters about
3 in 1 God, 1 God, 2 Gods
because there are a lot of possibilities
it was not just trinity some believed that there was two Gods some believed there's only 1 God

you can't tell them or blame them for being stupid and blind because we all have different interpretations

what matters is through christ our saviour this is what matters

speaking in tongues? are all righteous speak in tongues? according to what i know "No" they don't

what about religions? well churches beliefs separate us from each other and makes us hate each other because of different beliefs but i still believe Roman Catholic is a very wrong religion compare to others because of idols

trinity originally from Roman Catholic beliefs
Father, Son and Holy Spirit are strongly present in Scripture: the end of Matthew 28, Romans chapter 8; John's First Epistle. All three Persons of the Godhead work together in the redemption of God's believing, pilgrim people, because of the work of the Lord Jesus Christ at the Cross for sinners.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
I wish to make my salvation sure.

Sorry, but you can’t make your salvation sure.
Whether you are saved or not is in God’s hand alone. Nothing you can do about it whatsoever. Even your faith, whatever it may be, is not of your own doing but a gift from God.
“Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?” (Romans 11:35/Job 41:11)

Of course the Trinity is an integral part of Christian faith, that distinguishes us from Muslims and Jews who happen to think that Jesus was a great super-inspired guy. However: if our salvation was based on our ‘knowledge of the Trinity’ (such as the churchfathers formulated it in clever philosophical Terms) most people in our church-pews would most certainly be doomed. I too would probably speak numerous ignorant ‘heresies’ if forced to explain the Trinity offhand, and back in the days of my arrogant youth - before I fully realized the enormous gift of God sharing in our humanity in Jesus Christ - I rejected it altogether.

So concerning your and everybody else's salvation all I can advise you is to hope and pray for God’s grace. If it’s of any comfort to you, we're told by Paul that such hope is well placed:For God has consigned all men to disobedience so that He may have mercy on them all. O, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgments, and untraceable His ways!…” (Romans 11:32-33)

Reactions: Waiting on him

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
2 Peter 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

PICJAG.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
Scripture is Perfect nurturing, helping, strengthening all the saints.

Like the permanent disciples of Jesus in the boat, when they thought the boat was going to sink for sure...
so many people today get afraid....

while Jesus (and those at rest in Him) peacefully sleeps. (so to show as in the New Testament) .....

What then does Jesus do (after they wake Jesus up, yelling HELP! DON'T YOU KNOW ENOUGH TO BE AFRAID ?!? ) ?

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is Perfect nurturing, helping, strengthening all the saints.

Like the permanent disciples of Jesus in the boat, when they thought the boat was going to sink for sure...
so many people today get afraid....

while Jesus (and those at rest in Him) peacefully sleeps. (so to show as in the New Testament) .....

What then does Jesus do (after they wake Jesus up, yelling HELP! DON'T YOU KNOW ENOUGH TO BE AFRAID ?!? ) ?

Agreed, hence why we have the HELPER, the "COMFORTER", we .... should not be afraid, for he has not given us the spirit of fear, but of a sound mind in him, hence we need to know him and the power of his resurrection.

PICJAG.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who calmed down the storm, and set the permanent disciples (apostles) SURPRISED! that He Has Power over the storm ?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Willie T,

Which God do we put our trust in? 'And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him' (Heb 11:6 NIV).
Great verse there; so much so called Apologetics seems to assume that it's by our rational arguments that people supposedly come to faith, which is however far from the case.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Great verse there; so much so called Apologetics seems to assume that it's by our rational arguments that people supposedly come to faith, which is however far from the case.

Farouk,

To the contrary, much work in apologetics is used by the Lord to clear away some of the obstructions of people who are drawn to the Saviour.

Teens I work with are asking profound questions:
  • What evidence do we have for God's existence?
  • Who made God?
  • Which evidence will you accept?
  • We can't trust the Bible, a series of books that is thousands of years old.
  • How do we know Jesus existed, was crucified and was raised?
Oz