Is Obedience a Condition of Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Never heed calvin . ever .

he messed things up with predestination .
It was pre determined that JESUS WOULD BE the SAVOIR . That those who do BELIEVE IN HIM would be CONFORMED to the image
of HIS SON . The simple message is , TELL FOLKS about JESUS CHRIST . the cards will fall where they fall .
IF we would just return to the simplicity . Rather , however , folks have been indoctrinated .
For sure and for certain we KNOW THIS . TO BE SAVED one must BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS .
And we tell them of CHRIST . whoever rejects , ITS ON THEM , whoever hears , AMEN and PRAISE THE LORD .
ITs time to return to the simple message . Instead of folks trying to figure out everything about pre destination or other things .
GOD IS GOD and HE alone chose HOW to save the world . THAT ALL WHO DO BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS WILL BE SAVED .
And those who deny HIM , ITS BEEN PREDETERMINED those will be damned .
But that AINT GODS FAULT . ITS Theirs for rejecting CHRIST . the simple message
that CHRIST and the apostels taught was , BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS , learn of HIM , .
Too many are making that which is so simple , SO CONFUSING and SO COMPLICATED .
And one more reminder , WE BETTTER be FOLLOWING THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE , cause i do warn us
IF its another version , another jesus , another gospel , WELL IT AINT COMING FROM GOD , OR OF CHRIST
and thus IT WONT BE SAVING squat .
Messed up with predestination?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There are a few (at least 2) interpretations of what predestination means..

prety much the calvinist view and the non calvinist view

See, how Paul an apostle of Christ, by the “ WILL” of God.....​

Ephesians 1​

English Standard Version​

Greeting​

1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful[a] in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Spiritual Blessings in Christ​

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us[b] for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known[c] to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee[d] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,[e] to the praise of his glory.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ephesians 1​

English Standard Version​

Greeting​

1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,
To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful[a] in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Spiritual Blessings in Christ​

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us[b] for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known[c] to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee[d] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,[e] to the praise of his glory.
yes

there are basically 2 views of what this means

the fatalist (calvin) non free will view

and non fatalist (non-Calvin) free will view

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes

there are basically 2 views of what this means

the fatalist (calvin) non free will view

and non fatalist (non-Calvin) free will view
The scripture speaks for itself, of course this is my view/ interpretation of what God is saying here...I really don’t need to go into the nitty gritty of who chose who.

A member is telling me God does not choose or wills those he births in the Spirit...imo, that is utter rubbish....and still I wait for him to post scripture where the word of God says.

I have been saved from eternal damnation, when I birthed “ myself “ in the Spirit!!....LOL hahaha.....

He ain’t got a chance in Henry of posting that scripture because it ain’t there.
I also wonder if they understand that God’s word is Alive?

Hebrews 4:12-13​

KJV

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.