Is Obedience a Condition of Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only a Born Again receives a new heart/ spirit within...that happens when they have been birthed in the Spirit..which is a supernatural act, that only God can do.

One must be birthed first, that’s how you know you are Born Again...

As the word of God says here.
John 3:6
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

New Living Translation
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.

English Standard Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
That having been born of the flesh is flesh, and that having been born of the Spirit is spirit.

King James Bible
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

New King James Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

...I can’t see any scripture relating to the new birth as you explain it.
According to Rom 5:19 how shall many be made righteous ?

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
According to Rom 5:19 how shall many be made righteous ?

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
I’ve already posted scripture about the rebirth/ new birth/ ...you must be birthed in the Spirit to see the Kingdom of God...you are stuck on one verse of scripture....I have no idea what God is saying here....neither do I have to know,,I just know I have been birthed in the Spirit...that’s all I need to know.....I’m Born Again...and that, is the “ LIVING “ word of God and I can assure you there ain’t no mistaking the word of God!.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve already posted scripture about the rebirth/ new birth/ ...you must be birthed in the Spirit to see the Kingdom of God...you are stuck on one verse of scripture....I have no idea what God is saying here....neither do I have to know,,I just know I have been birthed in the Spirit...that’s all I need to know.....I’m Born Again...and that, is the “ LIVING “ word of God and I can assure you there ain’t no mistaking the word of God!.
I have explained myself about the New Birth, Its part of Christ making one righteous Rom 5:19

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He keeps asking the same question

the answer according to his text is “many” there is no other answer.

finding out who that “many is” we either listen to him (only the elect) or listen to the word. Which you and I have been posting all day.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He keeps asking the same question

the answer according to his text is “many” there is no other answer.

finding out who that “many is” we either listen to him (only the elect) or listen to the word. Which you and I have been posting all day.
I agree, why he thinks we need to know that, is beyond me...we’re Born Again and we know it!!....Praise God..

I’m done now..it’s been so fruitless hasn’t it...it’s like he’s trying to teach us something.....yet, imo, belief listens to nothing that we have both posted.......I’m not prepared to flog a dead horse anymore....if you get my meaning..maybe he believes he’s superior to everyone else..who knows...that’s what it sounds like....... enjoyed reading all your scripture though...and helping me understand..thanks for that.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, why he thinks we need to know that, is beyond me...we’re Born Again and we know it!!....Praise God..

I’m done now..it’s been so fruitless hasn’t it...it’s like he’s trying to teach us something.....yet, imo, belief listens to nothing that we have both posted.......I’m not prepared to flog a dead horse anymore....if you get my meaning..maybe he believes he’s superior to everyone else..who knows...that’s what it sounds like....... enjoyed reading all your scripture though...and helping me understand..thanks for that.
I think he is bordering like the other person on the troll wagon

Reactions: Ritajanice

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Rom 5:19

How were many made sinners ? How shall many be made righteous ?
i showed you what the bible taught mortals MUST do.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he is bordering like the other person on the troll wagon
Never heed calvin . ever .

he messed things up with predestination .
It was pre determined that JESUS WOULD BE the SAVOIR . That those who do BELIEVE IN HIM would be CONFORMED to the image
of HIS SON . The simple message is , TELL FOLKS about JESUS CHRIST . the cards will fall where they fall .
IF we would just return to the simplicity . Rather , however , folks have been indoctrinated .
For sure and for certain we KNOW THIS . TO BE SAVED one must BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS .
And we tell them of CHRIST . whoever rejects , ITS ON THEM , whoever hears , AMEN and PRAISE THE LORD .
ITs time to return to the simple message . Instead of folks trying to figure out everything about pre destination or other things .
GOD IS GOD and HE alone chose HOW to save the world . THAT ALL WHO DO BELIEVE IN CHRIST JESUS WILL BE SAVED .
And those who deny HIM , ITS BEEN PREDETERMINED those will be damned .
But that AINT GODS FAULT . ITS Theirs for rejecting CHRIST . the simple message
that CHRIST and the apostels taught was , BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS , learn of HIM , .
Too many are making that which is so simple , SO CONFUSING and SO COMPLICATED .
And one more reminder , WE BETTTER be FOLLOWING THE JESUS OF THE BIBLE , cause i do warn us
IF its another version , another jesus , another gospel , WELL IT AINT COMING FROM GOD , OR OF CHRIST
and thus IT WONT BE SAVING squat .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but THAT ALL should come to repentance.

God has made the provision that all CAN come to repentance, by grace, thru faith; he provided THE WAY thru Jesus.
It is however, every man's CHOICE to come to him thru the Holy Spirit conviction and drawing !
He offers, we, DECIDE TO BELIEVE AND FOLLOW HIM!

God does not and will not decide for us to be saved. By his great LOVE as explained in Jn.3:16; he provided the way to salvation. Romans 10:9/10, we believe in our hearts and confess with our mouth unto salvation.
God does not and will not decide for us to be saved.
You said God doesn’t will us to be saved...I disagree..

And I’ve produced scripture to show this...now, maybe that’s why you gave me an angry emoji.

As I’ve explained..only God can save us from eternal damnation and birth us in the Spirit..

You must be “ Born Again “. Period...no more no less..just “ Born Again “.

John 3:3-8​

King James Version​

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Titus 3:5 - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (Read More...)

Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Ephesians 2:8 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Matthew 7:21 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12 - Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

John 6:44 - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 15:1-27 - I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. (Read More...)

Acts 16:30-33 - And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? (Read More...)

Psalms 3:8 - Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah
Still holding on to that sinful arrogant pride , I see.

Learn to read before your pride speaks and don't address me anymore !

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Still holding on to that sinful arrogant pride , I see.

Learn to read before your pride speaks and don't address me anymore !
I have posted the word of God...that it’s the will of God who he will birth in the Spirit...you have denied his living word....you can be as angry as you like, you will NEVER stop me addressing your lie..it is YOU who needs to let go of his pride and arrogance.

You can address me as many times as you like..I see you post a lie, then expect it to be challenged...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One Big Fat Lie!!...by all means challenge me on the word of God, as the word of God here doesn’t lie...according to “ HIS” mercy he saved us....you continue to glorify yourself, by actually believing you saved yourself then you best be prepared for the challenge and your threatening me , by telling me not to speak to you again..is like water off a ducks back....only God’s word do I listen to...
He hates those who puff themselves up with pride!!..and self righteous arrogance.....I’m still waiting for you to explain how “YOU” chose to birth yourself in the Holy Spirit???

1 Corinthians 2:14​

King James Version​

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Peter 1:3​

ESVBlessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
NIVPraise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
NASBBlessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
CSBBlessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
NLTAll praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation,
KJVBlessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Ephesians 1:4-6​

King James Version​

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Titus 3:5-7​

King James Version​

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

God’s word says you “ Must “ be Born Again “....you are saved at the same time that God supernaturally births you in the Spirit....

John 3:8​

“The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

John 3:3-8​

King James Version​

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Last edited:

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i showed you what the bible taught mortals MUST do.
Its all about what the God Man has done friend Rom 5:19

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity Board rules:

]If a member requests the cessation of all personal contact, then please respect that member's wish.

No insults are allowed. Included in this are all forms of flaming, harassment,

Do not attack another member's character in any way. Address the post content, not the member's character

Status
Not open for further replies.