Is Obedience a Condition of Salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes

But how did a person receive this righteousness? how was he born again, Justified, Saved?
First he is made righteous legally, by an act of Divine Imputation, God imputes Christs Righteousness to them whom He imputed their sins to Him 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Christ was made sin by an act of imputation, God laid the sins of Gods elect to His charge, and likewise, God lays to the charge of Gods elect, Christs Suretyship Righteousness Rom 5:19

Then sometime during the lifetime of elect sinner, God imparts sanctifying righteousness by the New Birth, that gives the sinner a new heart, by which the sinner is now spiritually ready to spiritually hear the Gospel of their Salvation and believe !

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
THus they still follow satan . They are not saved and are in danger of eternal damnation . Lest they come
to Faith in CHRIST . And if they do , THEY ABANDON their old false religoin too .
I have seen true conversions occur to muslims . Believe me they go around talking of CHRIST and saying
their old religoin was A LIE .
Indeed...but, only God can can bring them to that truth....praying for all of those in darkness and sin...that they come to know the wonderful Living word of God as we do...in Jesus Name ..Amen!!

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed...but, only God can can bring them to that truth....praying for all of those in darkness and sin...that they come to know the wonderful Living word God as we do...in Jesus Name ..Amen!!
And GOD reaches them how . Through the preaching of the gospel . So that must be put first in all churches again .
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And GOD reaches them how . Through the preaching of the gospel . So that must be put first in all churches again .
Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel .
God reaches them his way...not man’s way....i had never read a bible in my life...before I was birthed in the Spirit....I knew all about Jesus,as I was taught RE..at school....God’s ways are not our ways neither are his thoughts our thoughts.

My birthing in the Spirit blew my mind..God’s Living word is mighty Powerful and I can assure you there was no mistaking his living word...it penetrated my heart, just as God willed it to...my testimony and belief..100%

No testimonies are the same...we all have our own testimony to share how we were saved from eternal damnation.

Hebrews 4:12​

King James Version​

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First he is made righteous legally, by an act of Divine Imputation, God imputes Christs Righteousness to them whom He imputed their sins to Him 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Christ was made sin by an act of imputation, God laid the sins of Gods elect to His charge, and likewise, God lays to the charge of Gods elect, Christs Suretyship Righteousness Rom 5:19

Then sometime during the lifetime of elect sinner, God imparts sanctifying righteousness by the New Birth, that gives the sinner a new heart, by which the sinner is now spiritually ready to spiritually hear the Gospel of their Salvation and believe !
You keep missing the point

How is it done. Who does Christ impute righteousness to?

Romans 4: 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Romans 4: 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness

Romans 4: 16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all 17 (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; 18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be.” 19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. 20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

You can;t remove faith from the equation. You have to ignore alot of scripture

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 4: 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Romans 4: 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness

Romans 4: 16 Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all 17 (as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did; 18 who, contrary to hope, in hope believed, so that he became the father of many nations, according to what was spoken, “So shall your descendants be.” 19 And not being weak in faith, he did not consider his own body, already dead (since he was about a hundred years old), and the deadness of Sarah’s womb. 20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, 21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. 22 And therefore “it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Brother...I honestly believe we all understand scripture differently....if that makes sense ..some scripture doesn’t speak to my spirit, yet it may to yours.

I think the problem lies, when believers start telling you how to believe...and then they start quizzing you over scripture...,why they do that I just do not know.

Same as testimonies....everyone single testimony is different.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ive explained, Rom 5:19

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats ok,

I know your wrong

(see how fruitfull this conversation is?)
I know from this conversation that you have rejected the Gospel Truth in Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know from this conversation that you have rejected the Gospel Truth in Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Show me where he has rejected any word of God?....

He has rejected no word of God...but, he may reject what he believes “ MAN” to be saying......

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I know you have rejected the gospel of truth. as shown in John..

Also, the same author in the same chapter shows what I said to be truth

Romans 5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

This is the context for your pet verse.. which also proves you wrong

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 5 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Can you please tell me what I am missing....what is the message that @brightfame52 is trying to get across?

I truly don’t understand what he is trying to say?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you please tell me what I am missing....what is the message that @brightfame52 is trying to get across?

I truly don’t understand what he is trying to say?
He is using fatalism, or calvinistic thinking

9 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

This is Adam, we will all agree here

so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And this too we all agree, it is Christ's death

Where he goes off kilter is he says that this is the elect. that Jesus died for them and them only. and this is the reason they are saved.

Faith does not come into the equation. those that think Faith must be applied are trying to save themselves

Thats why he will not answer your born again comments or my faith comments because he rejects that our faith has anything to do with us receiving the gift.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is using fatalism, or calvinistic thinking

9 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners,

This is Adam, we will all agree here

so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

And this too we all agree, it is Christ's death

Where he goes off kilter is he says that this is the elect. that Jesus died for them and them only. and this is the reason they are saved.

Faith does not come into the equation. those that think Faith must be applied are trying to save themselves

Thats why he will not answer your born again comments or my faith comments because he rejects that our faith has anything to do with us receiving the gift.
Well what does God say about faith....how can one please God without faith..

The Bible tells us that faith has a source, and it isn't us. Hebrews 12 says that Jesus is the author of our faith. In 2 Peter 1:1 we read, “To those who have been allotted faith equally precious as ours in the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ.” We are allotted faith in Jesus. It is given to us by God

Maybe that online source may help him understand faith.

Hebrews 11:6

King James Version

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well what does God say about faith....how can one please God without faith..

The Bible tells us that faith has a source, and it isn't us. Hebrews 12 says that Jesus is the author of our faith. In 2 Peter 1:1 we read, “To those who have been allotted faith equally precious as ours in the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ.” We are allotted faith in Jesus. It is given to us by God

Maybe that online source may help him understand faith.
Jesus said it is the work of God we believe.

they will twist that to mean that even our faith is Gods faith not our own..

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus said it is the work of God we believe.

they will twist that to mean that even our faith is Gods faith not our own..
I don’t even know what that means, how can we have God’s faith...confused.Ritaj.

Keep standing on his word and we can’t go wrong...we have the living word of God to back us up....don’t get any more powerful than that.

Thank God I have his word to back me up.

Ephesians 2:8–9 affirms this: “By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

Romans 10:17

New King James Version

17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Only a Born Again receives a new heart/ spirit within...that happens when they have been birthed in the Spirit..which is a supernatural act, that only God can do.

One must be birthed first, that’s how you know you are Born Again...

As the word of God says here.
John 3:6
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

New Living Translation
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.

English Standard Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
That having been born of the flesh is flesh, and that having been born of the Spirit is spirit.

King James Bible
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

New King James Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
...I can’t see any scripture relating to the new birth as you explain it.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rom 5:19

Status
Not open for further replies.