Is Pope Francis the False Prophet?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
MMM I will have to do a Post about this~!

5dc8c4856bb4fdfb4d0a7496d4242efa.jpg

Pope prays for refugees, brings 12 Syrians back to Rome

Isn't the false prophet supposed to cause refugees and persecute Christians in the first place?

273FE1CD00000578-0-image-m-54_1428068581274.jpg

Francis on washing prisoners' feet: It's what Jesus told us to do ...
That proves he is the false prophet! (if you are a paranoid fundamentalist anti-Catholic)

enhanced-buzz-orig-20790-1387228125-20.jpg

The pope never shied away from meeting with — and touching — sick, disfigured, or disabled members of his flock.
interview

enhanced-buzz-orig-3791-1387228815-20.jpg

The pope donned a red nose to celebrate with a newlywed couple, who met through volunteering at a charity that brings clown therapy to sick children, at the Vatican.

a false red nose! what more do you need?!?!?

unnamed-1.jpg

"false prophet" celebrates his 80th birthday by eating with the homeless.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
quote-i-believe-in-god-not-in-a-catholic-god-the.jpg

Where is that verse in Revelation where the false prophet declares his belief in God, in Jesus Christ, His incarnation, teacher and pastor? I can't find it in my Bible.

Reactions: Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all one must have Prophesied, second it must come to pass. And if so they are a Prophet, inspired by God through the Holy Spirit! But if they lead you away from God, and incite you to worship other gods, then they are a False Prophet, which God has sent to see if you will cling to Him, or turn away from Him! The False Prophet described in the book of the Revelation, will only make Prophecy's at the time of the Tribulation, or possibly just prior to!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, the Pope is not the false prophet. rev 13 identifies him as the little horn beast and he has been around for around 2,500 years. Now is the pope that old?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Pope does not function as a prophet, and does not make prophecies. He functions as a teacher. The official teachings since 1435 up to 2016 are available to the public. The Papal Encyclicals Online There is nothing sinister in any of those documents. The problem is the proliferation of hate speech by ignorant Bible cults seeking to demonize the Church.

anticatholicism.jpg

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
quote-i-believe-in-god-not-in-a-catholic-god-the.jpg

Where is that verse in Revelation where the false prophet declares his belief in God, in Jesus Christ, His incarnation, teacher and pastor? I can't find it in my Bible.

As you know I am not Catholic , but then again I am most defiantly NOT anti-Catholic.
Very good point made here , well done :)

Reactions: FHII

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everything is just opinions and conjecture ....and a lot of hot air...

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Everything is just opinions and conjecture ....and a lot of hot air... How bind people can be??
Vatican police have allegedly broken up a homosexual orgy
VATICAN police have allegedly busted up a homosexual orgy according to Italian media reports in the latest scandal to hit the Holy See.

Mystery Babylon!>> The smoke of satan has entered the Vatican. Enjoy

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
I luv this , and ByGrace was there to give me a bad time and a Mon was there to but I could not understand what they where mouthing off about>>>>> The Pope does not function as a prophet, and does not make prophecies. He functions as a teacher. So then Who is the teacher of Prophecy ? I see The Pope can Not then! In other words He can not understand or speak prophecy because He is just a teacher can not be filled with the HOLYGHOST >> For that is PROPHECY

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I luv this , and ByGrace was there to give me a bad time and a Mon was there to but I could not understand what they where mouthing off about>>>>> The Pope does not function as a prophet, and does not make prophecies. He functions as a teacher. So then Who is the teacher of Prophecy ? I see The Pope can Not then! In other words He can not understand or speak prophecy because He is just a teacher can not be filled with the HOLYGHOST >> For that is PROPHECY

Actually you are just guessing at this...just like many others have guessed at things.
You actually cannot "know it".
We had a guy on here going on and on , back in August, totally convinces that the world was ending on September 22. He did it over and over laughing at us for not believing him as he KNEW and was convinced of it that. " God told him".
After September 23 we never saw him again!!

You are cut from the same cloth...:rolleyes:

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Actually you are just guessing at this...just like many others have guessed at things.
You actually cannot "know it". MMM >> Denial works for some but not for others > In this late hour of this Time of GRACE>> if it looks like a duck>walks like a duck>>Its a Duck>> not a cow! >> If the pope walks like mystery Babylon >talks like mystery Babylon>.Its Mystery Babylon!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
We had a guy on here going on and on , back in August, totally convinces that the world was ending on September 22. He did it over and over laughing at us for not believing him as he KNEW and was convinced of it that. " God told him".
After September 23 we never saw him again!!

You are cut from the same cloth...:rolleyes:>> YA!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — It makes no sense to lament the problems of hunger and forced migration if one is unwilling to address their root causes, which are conflict and climate change, Pope Francis said.

“War and climate change lead to hunger; therefore, let’s avoid presenting it as if it were an incurable disease,” and instead implement laws, economic policies, lifestyle changes and attitudes that prevent the problems in the first place, he told world leaders at the United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization.

Pope Francis received a standing ovation after he addressed the assembly at FAO’s Rome headquarters to mark World Food Day Oct. 16, the date the organization was founded in 1945 to address the causes of poverty and hunger. The FAO was holding a conference on the theme “Changing the future of migration.”

Food insecurity is linked to forced migration, the pope said, and the two can be addressed only “if we go to the root of the problem” — conflict and climate change.

International law already has all the instruments and means in place to prevent and quickly end the conflicts that tear communities and countries apart, and trigger hunger, malnutrition and migration, he said.

“Goodwill and dialogue are needed to stop conflicts,” he said, “and it is necessary to fully commit to gradual and systematic disarmament” as well as stop the “terrible plague of arms trafficking.”

“What good is denouncing that millions of people are victims of hunger and malnutrition because of conflicts if one then does not effectively work for peace and disarmament?” he asked.

“We cannot resign ourselves to saying, ‘Someone else will do it,'” he said. Everyone is called to adopt and promote changes in lifestyle, in the way resources are used and in production and consumption — particularly when it comes to food, which is increasingly wasted.

Some people believe reducing the number of mouths to feed would solve the problem of food insecurity, but, the pope said, this is “a false solution” given the enormous waste and overconsumption in the world.

“Cutting back is easy,” he said, but “sharing requires conversion and this is demanding.”

“We cannot act only if others are doing it or limit ourselves to having pity because pity doesn’t go beyond emergency aid,” the pope said.

International organizations, leaders and individuals need to act out of real love and mercy toward others — particularly the most vulnerable — in order to create a world based on true justice and solidarity.

DMV2uK7X4AIAag_.jpg

Arriving at the FAO headquarters, Pope Francis presented a gift of a statue depicting the tragic death of Alan Kurdi (also known as Aylan), the 3-year-old Syrian boy whose body washed up on the shore of Turkey when a small inflatable boat holding a dozen refugees capsized in 2015. The statue, made of pure white Carrara marble, depicts a child-like angel weeping over the boy’s lifeless body.
To fight hunger and forced migration, end war, arms trade, pope says
151c3acc25a0b302888cb4e5473a146d--little-boys-the-picture.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet....the majority of American Catholics who voted, voted for Trump, Kepha31

kiwimac

Dec 19, 2009
Deepest, Darkest NZ
www.westcotthort.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Revelation is not a prophetic book it is apocalyptic literature. O My>> O>MY>MY>> MMM > how they can spew GARBAGE!! I take its a Cat point of view here and I take it they believe in the Bible or do they??MMM as I said the apostasy of the church must come at the end times and K Is showing us his purple underpants!!
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.Enjoy

So because it is written in allegorical language it must conform to what the language stipulates? Well done, you've just essentially argued that the LOTR books are factual. Revelation, like Daniel, is not a prophetic book. Do take some time to educate yourself.

kiwimac

Dec 19, 2009
Deepest, Darkest NZ
www.westcotthort.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
As for your insinuation that I am a member of the RCC, I am not. I am an Old Catholic Priest (quite a different group.) But no matter, nothing changes the facts concerning apocalyptic literature. You could start by reading this

Last edited: