Is Reality an Illusion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having to disconnect one's brain in order to accept religious formulas makes it difficult if not impossible to love God with all one's mind (as well as ones heart). God's ways stand up to intelligent inquiry. Human religions do not.
Is this why you find it impossible to love God enough to come to him for salvation? That you think you can earn it with your righteous deeds?

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is this why you find it impossible to love God enough to come to him for salvation? That you think you can earn it with your righteous deeds?
The irony. You always do this...accuse me of what you are doing. I have indeed gone to God and walked in the heavenly realm...the eternal reality. And you see this kind of encounter as wrong. If you seek Him with all your heart...will God not also let you into His presence? Then you wouldn't have to get things exactly wrong all the time. Don't be religious...that's the way of death. Instead turn to God and His life.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The irony. You always do this...accuse me of what you are doing. I have indeed gone to God and walked in the heavenly realm...the eternal reality. And you see this kind of encounter as wrong. If you seek Him with all your heart...will God not also let you into His presence? Then you wouldn't have to get things exactly wrong all the time. Don't be religious...that's the way of death. Instead turn to God and His life.
I went to God.

I have eternal life.

I will be raised

I will never hunger or thirst

I have been Washed sanctified and justified.

I am not trying to earn my way to heaven through religion

Thats what you are doing,

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
. I have indeed gone to God and walked in the heavenly realm...and the eternal reality.
I agree with this Epi...I have too...only I won’t be discussing, because it usually turns nasty....but, I do agree with what you are saying here........I understand the heavenly realm 100% and it’s true what you say.....Praise God.

Anyway, I will bow out....as I’m done with all the nastiness that happens when you post words like this...

I understand I believe what you are saying.....I think some get jealous....then it turns nasty...I best say no more LOL.

I pray that your thread doesn’t get locked and turn nasty....

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I went to God.

I have eternal life.

I will be raised

I will never hunger or thirst

I have been Washed sanctified and justified.

I am not trying to earn my way to heaven through religion

Thats what you are doing,
17 Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and know not that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel you to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that you may be rich; and white raiment, that you may be clothed, and that the shame of your nakedness do not appear; and anoint your eyes with eyesalve, that you may see.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"How much Evangelical religion is completely make believe? You will sometimes see men professing great affection for the pure "Gospel," while they are, practically speaking, inflicting on it the greatest injury. They will talk loudly of soundness in the faith, and have a keen nose for heresy. They will run eagerly after popular preachers, and applaud evangelical speakers at public meetings. They are familiar with all the phrases of evangelical religion, and can converse fluently about its leading doctrines. To see their faces at public meetings, or in church, you would think they were eminently godly. To hear them talk you would suppose their lives were tied up all kinds of religious activity. And yet these people in private will sometimes do things of which even some heathens would be ashamed. They are neither truthful, nor sincere, nor honest, nor just, nor good-tempered, nor unselfish, nor merciful, nor humble, nor kind! And is such Christianity as this authentic? It is not. It is a worthless fake, a wretched cheat and farce."
- J.C. Ryle,"Practical Religion", Kindle Edition.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The touchstone of authenticity is the life that is found only in Christ. We are to walk in His resurrection life in order to grow into an eternal love and wisdom. There is no human organization that can encourage, recognize, embody or promote this kind of life. it's up to individuals to champion the truth by living it and coming together on the basis of an intimacy with God that few will ever recognize. But the fruit is plain to see among those who practice the truth.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and know not that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel you to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that you may be rich; and white raiment, that you may be clothed, and that the shame of your nakedness do not appear; and anoint your eyes with eyesalve, that you may see.
lol

Do you ever listen to what people say?

I have Gods riches..

By myself I am nothing.

• Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"How much Evangelical religion is completely make believe? You will sometimes see men professing great affection for the pure "Gospel," while they are, practically speaking, inflicting on it the greatest injury. They will talk loudly of soundness in the faith, and have a keen nose for heresy. They will run eagerly after popular preachers, and applaud evangelical speakers at public meetings. They are familiar with all the phrases of evangelical religion, and can converse fluently about its leading doctrines. To see their faces at public meetings, or in church, you would think they were eminently godly. To hear them talk you would suppose their lives were tied up all kinds of religious activity. And yet these people in private will sometimes do things of which even some heathens would be ashamed. They are neither truthful, nor sincere, nor honest, nor just, nor good-tempered, nor unselfish, nor merciful, nor humble, nor kind! And is such Christianity as this authentic? It is not. It is a worthless fake, a wretched cheat and farce."
- J.C. Ryle,"Practical Religion", Kindle Edition.
Make believe religions focus on self. and our works. and our walk., they pump their chests and focus on their own walk. and not on God. who purchased their salvation.

And not on God.

Jesus told Nicodemus we must be born again. Then he told him how. He did not say it was stopping sin, or having some higher walk.

it is doing as the jews did back in moses day. when they had to empty self and look to a serpent, if they did, they would not suffer the death they were condemned with. they would life.

Thats what Jesus said we need to do. Empty ourself and look to the cross. If we do we will never die. and in fact we will live forever.

its not about our work, thats religion

its about Gods work. its about the cross.

• Love

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A simulation would be the pretend precursor to the real thing. Why would God simulate?
The thing we are all in composed of time and matter surely looks different on the back end. Who is privy to that? God for sure and maybe some others Elohim. Notice I said maybe.

The reason God has created this simulation world is written. It is a revelation or a witness and revealing of the man of sin--us, before the Judgment. This is the reading of our last will and testament.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Make believe religions focus on self. and our works. and our walk., they pump their chests and focus on their own walk. and not on God. who purchased their salvation.

And not on God.

When all you think about is hammers, everything looks like a nail. All you are doing here is making a straw-man that make everyone but you wrong based on your assumptions and presumptions. You're thinking yourself into a box and calling that salvation. Just because you blame God for your beliefs doesn't mean that God approves of you or your conclusions. You have to get the questions right...not just place yourself inside the answers. The Pharisees did the same thing with the law that you are doing with the gospel.
Jesus told Nicodemus we must be born again. Then he told him how. He did not say it was stopping sin, or having some higher walk.

That's like saying someone told you to eat but failed to mention that your belly would be full if you ate.

You can't make yourself be born again...and yet you think your beliefs have done that very thing. You rail against the existence of an eternal reality and a higher walk precisely since you are following the doctrines of men...and have not yet been birthed by the Spirit into an eternal kind of life. but your religious pride is in the way of any advancement, instead using a jealous pride that doesn't allow for anyone to have experienced more than you have. Can you say a spiritual miscarriage?
it is doing as the jews did back in moses day. when they had to empty self and look to a serpent, if they did, they would not suffer the death they were condemned with. they would life.

Thats what Jesus said we need to do. Empty ourself and look to the cross. If we do we will never die. and in fact we will live forever.

Those people in the wilderness that looked at the brazen serpent...still died because of disobedience. Of course they did whatever they thought would make them survive. The ego does that.

Salvation of that kind is a salvation in a given SITUATION...not an eternal salvation. A band-aid helps to cure a cut...but it doesn't prevent death. You have not understood the gospel but rather have a very superficial grasp of the bible narrative...whereby a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. So then you need to be taught. Of course you will resist the truth...because you think that men that have been raised by other men....are trustworthy. But cursed in he that trusts in men. Instead of just saying you trust in God...prove it by seeking God until you are actually born into the kingdom realm.
its not about our work, thats religion

it's not about our religious beliefs either. Your only options are...religious works or religious beliefs. That's the full extent of your so called "understanding". Given that choice you promote religious beliefs by thinking that the only other option is religious works. How deceived can one be?
its about Gods work. its about the cross.
God works inside people to make them exactly like Christ. Otherwise why do we need to be born of the Spirit? We are born into the eternal kingdom realm to walk there and grow into the full stature of Christ. Your scheme has God loving the hell in people rather than loving the hell out of them.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You can't make yourself be born again
I certainly agree with this....Gods word says we are Born Again like the wind....Spirit gives birth to spirit...

Some seem to leave this part out.

John 3

King James Version

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God works inside people to make them exactly like Christ. Otherwise why do we need to be born of the Spirit? We are born into the eternal kingdom realm to walk there and grow into the full stature of Christ
Amen!!!..I can’t believe I’m agreeing with you Epi, LOL.

I’m not understanding everything you say, but, that’s ok, I don’t have to....all in God’s timing ,if it’s his will.

I 100% understand your above post.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When all you think about is hammers, everything looks like a nail. All you are doing here is making a straw-man that make everyone but you wrong based on your assumptions and presumptions. You're thinking yourself into a box and calling that salvation. Just because you blame God for your beliefs doesn't mean that God approves of you or your conclusions. You have to get the questions right...not just place yourself inside the answers. The Pharisees did the same thing with the law that you are doing with the gospel.

That's like saying someone told you to eat but failed to mention that your belly would be full if you ate.

You can't make yourself be born again...and yet you think your beliefs have done that very thing. You rail against the existence of an eternal reality and a higher walk precisely since you are following the doctrines of men...and have not yet been birthed by the Spirit into an eternal kind of life. but your religious pride is in the way of any advancement, instead using a jealous pride that doesn't allow for anyone to have experienced more than you have. Can you say a spiritual miscarriage?

Those people in the wilderness that looked at the brazen serpent...still died because of disobedience. Of course they did whatever they thought would make them survive. The ego does that.

Salvation of that kind is a salvation in a given SITUATION...not an eternal salvation. A band-aid helps to cure a cut...but it doesn't prevent death. You have not understood the gospel but rather have a very superficial grasp of the bible narrative...whereby a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. So then you need to be taught. Of course you will resist the truth...because you think that men that have been raised by other men....are trustworthy. But cursed in he that trusts in men. Instead of just saying you trust in God...prove it by seeking God until you are actually born into the kingdom realm.

it's not about our religious beliefs either. Your only options are...religious works or religious beliefs. That's the full extent of your so called "understanding". Given that choice you promote religious beliefs by thinking that the only other option is religious works. How deceived can one be?

God works inside people to make them exactly like Christ. Otherwise why do we need to be born of the Spirit? We are born into the eternal kingdom realm to walk there and grow into the full stature of Christ. Your scheme has God loving the hell in people rather than loving the hell out of them.
lol.

You keep proving me right my friend

I guess you will always have Laurina and faithfulness to follow you.

I am just here to try to help others discern the false gospel you are proposing.

You have what they call partial truths.. Thats what religion is

it first points to self. and it adds just enough truth to make it sound good.

Sadly it looks like @Ritajanice is starting to buy into it. All I can do is pray for her.

• Love

Starise

Dec 8, 2023
Christiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being someone who is intrigued by these concepts, I think it's a fun excercise to comtemplate it as long as I don't constipate it. It's easy to overthink it and end up in sci fi land.

If it wasn't reaL in some sense, then in all fairness we shouldn't be judged by what we do in it. God creates, therfore he makes things from other things or from nothing, or what we may think of as nothing. He made this and sits outside of it looking in and introduces things as He sees fit into it. It's plenty real to every creature who inhabits it. We might call it our "reality" because in every sense we are aware it is real.

One of my questions would be, does he segway this into the rest or are we compartmentalized? It's hard to tell. I'm nothing like God other than a representation in a crude way of His 'image'. His thoughts are so far above mine it's embarrassing and not worth a mention.

The givens are that He knows the beginning from the end, much like a watch maker who tediously makes a precision watch he knows everything about it and he has predicted every outcome. God is sovereign. If someone is playing with His stuff he is aware of it. There is possibility that the other side has enough info to play with it, but only as He allows. Anything they would do will be like trying to scratch a diamond, yet I think they can influence it. Jesus has dominion over heaven and earth, as in all the forms of heaven and anything inbetween.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Being someone who is intrigued by these concepts, I think it's a fun excercise to comtemplate it as long as I don't constipate it. It's easy to overthink it and end up in sci fi land
That’s true...thanks for the reminder.....Epi is making me think, LOL.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol.

You keep proving me right my friend

I guess you will always have Laurina and faithfulness to follow you.

I am just here to try to help others discern the false gospel you are proposing.

You have what they call partial truths.. Thats what religion is

it first points to self. and it adds just enough truth to make it sound good.

Sadly it looks like @Ritajanice is starting to buy into it. All I can do is pray for her.
Not really.
It's the wind blowing every wind of doctrine around.
The others have all been used and abused.

It will be the buttering first.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
...and have not yet been birthed by the Spirit into an eternal kind of life
Some still don’t understand what Spirit gives birth to spirit means...I’m afraid....they don’t understand that Gods Spirit is a Living Spirit.

Some think Mary had to read her Bible..for God to sow his seed into her womb...I mean “ seriously “...

Being birthed by Gods Spirit is an Honour and a Privilege...

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim