Is Reality an Illusion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some still don’t understand what Spirit gives birth to spirit means...I’m afraid....they don’t understand that Gods Spirit is a Living Spirit.

Some think Mary had to read her Bible..for God to sow his seed into her womb...I mean “ seriously “...

Being birthed by Gods Spirit is an Honour and a Privilege...
how quickly ye have forgotten something . DO you realize the man you are talking too , writing too , agreeing with
puts the cart IN FRONT of the HORSE . ASK him if a muslim , a buddists , etc can PICK up thier cross , EVEN without having
had to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . THE GOSPEL IS BEING TROD UNDER FOOT rita .
NO MAN who is born again FOLLOWS another religoin peroid . IF ONE is born again THEY WOULD HAVE FLED the lies of men
and BELIEVED ON JESUS AS THE CHRIST . if the dire necessity to HAVE TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
is put aside and rather an idea that all we have to do is teach others how to PICK up their cross , ITS FALSE PEROID .
FOR NO MAN can pick up their cross , WITHOUT HAVING FIRST HAD TO HAVE BELIEVED ON HE WHO WAS CRUCIFIED ON THE CROSS
for us . JESUS is getting kicked aside rita . THE DIRE NEED to have to BELIEVE ON HIM is being kicked aside .
I have long watched epi . He is quite slick too . he has angles of knowledge , only WATCH OUT
for the direction .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
how quickly ye have forgotten something . DO you realize the man you are talking too , writing too , agreeing with
puts the cart IN FRONT of the HORSE . ASK him if a muslim , a buddists , etc can PICK up thier cross , EVEN without having
had to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST . THE GOSPEL IS BEING TROD UNDER FOOT rita .
NO MAN who is born again FOLLOWS another religoin peroid . IF ONE is born again THEY WOULD HAVE FLED the lies of men
and BELIEVED ON JESUS AS THE CHRIST . if the dire necessity to HAVE TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST
is put aside and rather an idea that all we have to do is teach others how to PICK up their cross , ITS FALSE PEROID .
FOR NO MAN can pick up their cross , WITHOUT HAVING FIRST HAD TO HAVE BELIEVED ON HE WHO WAS CRUCIFIED ON THE CROSS
for us . JESUS is getting kicked aside rita . THE DIRE NEED to have to BELIEVE ON HIM is being kicked aside .
I have long watched epi . He is quite slick too . he has angles of knowledge , only WATCH OUT
for the direction .
Ok, thanks for explaining.we must believe in Jesus before any birth can take place.most definitely.

I don’t think we should attack Epi for what he believes.....that is not of the Spirit, God has shown me that.

He may be in error as I know I’m in error at times.

He is searching for Gods truth the same as we are ,Brother.

And yes...I will get stuck into my Bible....I was a bit harsh with you on a post, I apologise...that was my darn flesh thinking.

God Bless you and I’ve come to realise how much you Love God....and he Loves you more than you will ever know.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
expose it to the last breath . the reason more and more are also buying into this
is how they try and present it with a partial truth . They can describe the effects of being born again .
They can say truths like ONLY GOD can make you born again .
BUT its not based on HAVING TO BELIEVE ON JESUS AS CHRIST . rather its a new age concept of born again .
This might by why Rita seems to be connecting to epi and his talk . Cause of how they can describe the effects of being born again .
THIS is actuallly found in INCLUSIVISMS teachings .
IT , for example , teaches that mulsims , buddists , athiests etc are under the WORKING of THE SPIRIT
are in effect born again if they have these good works and so called love .
ITS A LIE OF COURSE . cause NO man or woman who has been born again , WHO IS OF THE SPIRIT
would call JESUS accursed , aka seperate , aka no need to have to BELIEVE ON HIM . Anti christ spirit
is wise indeed . IT knows how to decieve . THIS is why epi always has certain truths about being born again
and yet IS NOT and does not teach the gospel as DID CHRIST . THIS is truly nothing more than a works gospel under guise
of love path to GOD and THE DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST is TROD UNDER FOOT . ITS SLICK my friend .
JUST STAY PLANTED ON THE ORIGINAL YE MUST BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST GOSPEL . cause their LIE wont save a one of them .
BUT JESUS CAN . YE MUST BELIEVE . SHOUT THAT TO THE END OF DAYS MY FRIEND .
Rita has realized.. She is good.

Other than that Amen

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think we should attack Epi for what he believes.....that is not of the Spirit, God has shown me that.

And yes...I will get stuck into my Bible....I was a bit harsh with you on a post, I apologise...that was my darn flesh thinking.
I agree with everything but the highlighted. As I explained. He is not searching to find Gods truth. He is searching for more followers..

Reactions: Ritajanice

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I thought I made that clear: reconciliation with God through Christ.
When? How do you know you are not a Laodicean who esteems his own position with God too highly...or one of the very many whom Jesus will claim not to know? Do you think those are important enough considerations? (not many here take that seriously).

Is there any need for the fear of the Lord at this stage in church history...or have we outgrown that?

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can science challenge the church? Check out the new podcast.
The question "Is reality an illusion?" is clearly intended to be a bit of marketing to entice people to watch the video and so long as it isn't being asked as an actual question then I have no problem with it but I couldn't resist pointing out that the question itself is...well...rather silly.

The term "illusion" implies something that is unreal. Reality is real, by definition and so, NO, reality is not an illusion.

If someone were to make the claim that reality was an illusion, the self-defeating nature of such a claim could be demonstrated by simply asking in response, "Is it really and illusion?".

And whether the video actually makes this claim or not (I have not watched the video), this kind of self-stultifying silliness seems to be becoming more and more common among the branches of science that deal with cosmology.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The question "Is reality an illusion?" is clearly intended to be a bit of marketing to entice people to watch the video and so long as it isn't being asked as an actual question then I have no problem with it but I couldn't resist pointing out that the question itself is...well...rather silly.

The term "illusion" implies something that is unreal. Reality is real, by definition and so, NO, reality is not an illusion.

Money, fame, renown....are these real and have eternal meaning? Or will everything we have experienced here on earth be forgotten? Is a flight simulator real? Is a video game real? In some ways, yes. But in the deeper analysis...no. If one argues for the game or the simulator being real to the detriment of seeing that it is not actually real in any real sense...then that itself is a silly notion. What this reveals is the way we see things, whether in a superficial self-gratifying way....or a deeper seeking way. (It's so ironic that scientific pursuits have become more humble and honest than the religious ones based on a dogmatic certainty...so the tables have been turned).

Most people chase illusions their whole lives. Being real...or getting real...means that you can see through the meaninglessness of a temporal existence without God and desire to wake up from the dream....rise from the dead, wake from the spirit of deep sleep (rouach tardemah). I think you should watch the video...as the ideas presented are not as silly as you might think.
If someone were to make the claim that reality was an illusion, the self-defeating nature of such a claim could be demonstrated by simply asking in response, "Is it really and illusion?".

And whether the video actually makes this claim or not (I have not watched the video), this kind of self-stultifying silliness seems to be becoming more and more common among the branches of science that deal with cosmology.
I think the opposite to be true. At a time when science is actually trying to understanding what is beyond the temporal reality...and the illusions that make us think that's all there is to life...the closer we get to actual real life believers who know God in truth to help them make the connection with the gospel and the kingdom realm. Of course this doesn't do anything for those who are in the illusion of a dogmatic religion that people have conjured up without any reality or truth that is of God. Owning a bible...and even reading it...without understanding or a proper instruction.... is a path to illusion.

Reality will set in when Jesus rejects the many who claim to follow Him...but are in fact living in a dreamworld of illusion based on assumptions and presumptions. If you can't hear the prophets....maybe listen to what some scientists are saying.

Last edited:

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Money, fame, renown....are these real and have eternal meaning?
This question implies that "eternal meaning" is required for the term "real" to apply. This is not so. There are lots of non-enternal things that are very real.

Or will everything we have experienced here on earth be forgotten?
Whether a thing is remembered or not, also does not determine whether it is real.
God has stated that there will come a time when He will remember our sins no more. Does this mean that our sin isn't real? Ask a mother of a murdered child if sin is real and you'll get the correct answer.

Is a flight simulator real?
Yes! Flight simulators are real things.

Is a video game real?
Yes. A video game exists, as a video game. It's nature is in the form of a computer program.

In some ways, yes.
In every way! There is no sense in which a flight simulator or video game is unreal. They are both examples of things that simulate actions that aren't actually being done but that doesn't mean that you aren't doing anything at all.

But in the deeper analysis...no.
It's pretty much for sure that we are not talking about the same thing.

If one argues for the game or the simulator being real to the detriment of seeing that it is not actually real in any real sense...then that itself is a silly notion.
Is it really a silly notion?

That is a rhetorical question. The intent to try to communicate what it is I'm talking about as apposed to whatever it is you're getting at.

What this reveals is the way we see things, whether in a superficial self-gratifying way....or a deeper seeking way. (It's so ironic that scientific pursuits have become more humble and honest than the religious ones based on a dogmatic certainty...so the tables have been turned).
In the past, a couple of centuries ago, science was very often performed because of religious convictions.
Indeed, the two cannot be separated. One's scientific work will always be a reflection of their religious worldview.

Most people chase illusions their whole lives. being real...or getting real...means that you can see through the meaninglessness of a temporal existence without God and desire to wake up from the dream....rise from the dead, wake from the spirit of deep sleep (rouach tardemah). I think you should watch the video...as the ideas presented are not as silly as you might think.
Modern cosmology bores me to tears. It's almost entirely question begging nonsense or simple guessing that turns out to be wrong very nearly every time that actual observational data is collected.

I think the opposite to be true. At a time where science is actually able to try understanding what is beyond the temporal reality...and the illusions that make us think that's all there is to life...the closer we get to actual real life believers who know God in truth to help them make the connection with the gospel and the kingdom realm. Of course this doesn't do anything for those who are in the illusion of a dogmatic religion that people have conjured up without any reality or truth that is of God. Owning a bible...and even reading it...without understanding or a proper instruction.... is a path to illusion.
There is no such thing as non-temporal reality. The concept is a contradiction. It, in fact, commits a stolen concept fallacy.

Time is not a thing, it is an idea. Time is a convention of language used to communicate information related to the duration and sequences of events relative to other events. It exists only as a concept and does not exist ontologically. (This same point applies equally to space or distance. Neither exists in the ontological sense. They are concepts that exist within a thinking mind.)

The concept of existence implies duration. Any event that has no duration is a non-event. It is an event that didn't happen at all, by definition. Duration is all that time is thus the notion of timeless existence "steels the concept" of existence because it wants to utilize that concept without having to pay the cost of accepting another concept upon which it depends.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sadly, it is becoming all to real in those who claim to be with God also.

The depths people go to gain followers.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When? How do you know you are not a Laodicean who esteems his own position with God too highly...or one of the very many whom Jesus will claim not to know? Do you think those are important enough considerations? (not many here take that seriously).

Is there any need for the fear of the Lord at this stage in church history...or have we outgrown that?
I identify with the Philadelphian church, the faithful church.
God vomited the lukewarm Laodiceans out-of His mouth:
Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—
I don't have anything in common with this Church.
At some point in the near future I may be hurled into a state of extreme persecution, like that of Smyrna but their faith endured through it.
First and foremost the Holy Spirit, Who is a person of the Triune God has confirmed His relationship with me in many ways throughout the years. Being "born again" is not just a catch phrase, I experienced change in my life..I was blind to God /Christ. I did not want anything to do with Christ, Church, the Bible ... "No thanks", I would say to an invitation to church or just chuck a tract in the trash. I just wasn't ready. But at 34 years old, God, through a series of events and people who came into my life, drew me to Himself.. A Christian friend led me to Christ. She invited to Church and I was finally willing to go. I heard a Pastor preach who made the scriptures applicable to the present world. Then one day I was working, driving a airport shuttle and noticed a woman standing outside the airport waiting. I asked her if she need transportation somewhere. She said, yes, six of us need transporting to a Convention in Anaheim. I said okay, I'll inform my dispatch and I can take you. Well, they were six evangelists heading to a Christian Conference. They listened to my story involving my Christian friend and my recent Church visits. They said God is knocking on your door and all these events and people were orchestrated by God. When we arrived at our destination, they laid their hands on me and prayed for me and led me to receive Christ. Godly sorrow accompanied my experience.
I realized a whole new reality, my world view changed.
Since then I have been hungry for the Word, attended a great teaching church with a brilliant Pastor. That was 33 years ago.
Jesus changes our lives, He baptized us with the Holy Spirit, Whom we ask to receive and He hears our prayers, answers them, confirms His presence as he guides, teaches truth, counsels, speaks, bears witness to Christ and glorifies Him, loves us, makes promises, fellowships with us, sanctifies us, chastises, edifies, convicts us, gives gifts, helps us, comforts us and through Him we receive the ability to discern scripture.
The Holy Spirit is key! A small selection of verses ...
John 16:7-8; 13-15
Acts 1:8
Matthew 3:1
John 15:16-17
John 15:26
Ephesians 1:13
Romans 5:5
Romans 8:26-27
Romans 15:30
Galatians 5:22-23
1 Cor. 6:11
2 Peter 1:21
Phil. 2:1-2
1 Thes. 1:6
Mark 3:29

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for explaining.we must believe in Jesus before any birth can take place.most definitely.

God Bless you and I’ve come to realise how much you Love God....and he Loves you more than you will ever know.
attack . such a harsh word for simply exposing the works of one who preaches ANOTHER GOSPEL .
the man is dangerous . but todays church allows leaven in cause in the name of tolerance and love so called
its seen as ATTACKS or HATE to expose such a one . THE MAN preaches another gospel . IT GETS EXPOSED on my watch .
THIS is not an attack . exposing a deadly dangerous and highly deceptive gospel , which IS NO GOSPEL
is not in error . In the name of so called love , tolerance and unity the church has for years allowed
leaven and sin to remain uncorrected , till now even when one brings another gospel most think its attacks or hate
to expose such a one . THIS sheep dont buy it . NOR should you . LOVE CORRECTS my dear friend
and love exposes deadly dangerous highly deceptive doctrines and any who would dare to utter such things .
Just a friendly reminder that perhaps i aint the hater or the attacker the church has been trained to see me as .
But rather i wont and dont tolerate wolves in wool , no matter HOW KIND them wolves can appear to be .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
attack . such a harsh word for simply exposing the works of one who preaches ANOTHER GOSPEL .
the man is dangerous . but todays church allows leaven in cause in the name of tolerance and love so called
its seen as ATTACKS or HATE to expose such a one . THE MAN preaches another gospel . IT GETS EXPOSED on my watch .
THIS is not an attack . exposing a deadly dangerous and highly deceptive gospel , which IS NO GOSPEL
is not in error . In the name of so called love , tolerance and unity the church has for years allowed
leaven and sin to remain uncorrected , till now even when one brings another gospel most think its attacks or hate
to expose such a one . THIS sheep dont buy it . NOR should you . LOVE CORRECTS my dear friend
and love exposes deadly dangerous highly deceptive doctrines and any who would dare to utter such things .
Just a friendly reminder that perhaps i aint the hater or the attacker the church has been trained to see me as .
But rather i wont and dont tolerate wolves in wool , no matter HOW KIND them wolves can appear to be .
Wow!!....where is the LOVE.....I don’t see any correcting being done here my friend in Love....quite the opposite, it’s like you are slandering the guy..telling everyone he’s dangerous!!......sorry, that is not of the Spirit...anyway I’m done...I’m out of here.

Edit to add...I’m glad admin are in charge..LOL.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly, it is becoming all to real in those who claim to be with God also.

The depths people go to gain followers.
the depths people go to , to gain followers
and yet there is a depth few go to , to gain followers of CHRIST and not men .
the latter is rare . very rare . for above all things they gonna point folks back to something , to someone .
You shall know them by their constant reminders of one thing .
It will not be trust me and my version , trust my scholars , my men or my denomination .
NO they wont point to that .
What they will do is simply say , GET BACK IN THE BIBLE FOLKS . but believe me those be very hated and misunderstood
by over ninety and nine percent of even christendom .
men gonna do and men gonna point folks to men . but sheep POINT TO JESUS and THAT BIBLE . BULLFRIGGINEYE .
now i dare , challenge and even plead for all folks to look at what by grace i often remind folks about .
Saying to even test me , BUT TEST ME not against pre concieved teachings of men but rather against .......
oh man here it goes again, THE ACTUAL BIBLE which HAD THEY actually read with great love for themselves
COULD HAVE TRULY TESTED EVERY SINGLE THING THAT BREATHES against . BIBLE TIME . BIBLE TIME
BIBLE TIME
BIBLE TIME . READ it for HOURS daily and SEE what happens . PISSES a lot of folks off , what i do say and say often
but say and say it again by grace i WILL . GET IN THE BIBLE FOR YOU FOLKS and LEARN THAT JESUS ,that DOCTRINE FOR YOURSELVES .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow!!....where is the LOVE.....I don’t see any correcting being done here my friend in Love....quite the opposite, it’s like you are slandering the guy..telling everyone he’s dangerous!!......sorry, that is not of the Spirit...anyway I’m done...I’m out of here.

You would marvel at how easy it is to overcome any obstacle by simply sticking to biblical truth .
FOLKS RUN in TERROR from a flea , when the flea speaketh , cause they cannot overcome the TRUTH the flea speaks .
I got more ignores and very fast by most folks in all sites i have visited and do visit . BUT this works
only to the advantage of getting the truth out to those who desire to hear the truth .
THOUGH in private my heart weeps for those who reject , STILL it gives me little interruptoins to continue to speak it .
YOU SEE , i do as i do , not for followings , not for acceptance , but simply its meant to edify and encourage
sheep . People of all tribes and sites put me on ignore , thinking oh that will teach the flea to shut its mouth .
NO , actually it gives me more time to spend feeding the ones who want to hear truth without the bickerings of men who oppose it .
Not that i dont weep for such , I DO . I truly do weep for many . BIBLE TIME FOLKS . let us learn THAT GOD
that CHRIST , that TRUTH by which , IF WE DO we shall be made wise indeed unto salvation through faith IN THAT CHRIST
and not rather as many seem to do , be made wise unto SLAVATION through faith IN MEN and THEIR PRECEPTS . but you go
and learn what that means

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In what way is what he's doing different than you telling him that he's not loving and/or not of the spirit?

You "judge not" people sure seem to do a lot of judging!

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In what way is what he's doing different than you telling him that he's not loving and/or not of the spirit?

You "judge not" people sure seem to do a lot of judging!
I am not judging I am voicing my opinion.
And if you look at it like you are saying.

Then .....“You” are now judging me!....LOL.

Reactions: Logikos

Logikos

Jan 4, 2024
Tomball, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not judging I am voicing my opinion.
Same thing he's doing!

And if you look at it like you are saying.

Then .....“You” are now judging me!....LOL.
That's precisely my point!

The difference is that I acknowledge that we are commanded to judge rightly. The only time judging is prohibited is when the one doing the judging is guilty of the very same thing he judging another for!

By your standard the Apostle Paul himself is guilty of being unloving and at least some of his writings are "not of the spirit"!

The basic point here is...

Don't be nicer than God.

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Same thing he's doing!

That's precisely my point!

The difference is that I acknowledge that we are commanded to judge rightly. The only time judging is prohibited is when the one doing the judging is guilty of the very same thing he judging another for!

By your standard the Apostle Paul himself is guilty of being unloving and at least some of his writings are "not of the spirit"!

The basic point here is...

Don't be nicer than God.
Lovey, I’m not under the law, I’m under grace....therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ.

However, Romans 8:1 (AMPC) declares that ”there is now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus,” This means that those who have placed their faith in Jesus as their Lord and Savior are no longer under the judgment of the law.