Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Total voters

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Santa is an icon. He can do everything God does. That already tells you he's a false god. They even call him "the big guy". And he's even appropriated the number 8 from Christ in his "official address". The quote below is from USPS.

"So, where should your child address their letter to the big guy in red? According to the Post Office, Santa’s official address is 123 Elf Road North Pole, 88888."
Been reading.
Guess you're not kidding.
:(

Reactions: Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Kids know Santa is fake and Jesus is real.
The problem is with atheist adults that don't teach their children about God.
All the kids in my family know the difference.

Well I was brought up by Christians and left God when I was a teenager...
Could the Santa lie have something to do with it... Maybe... If Santa is not real the God isn't real.

I do know that it definitely has an effect on some kids cos when I was on the atheist forum many of them said so. They often compare Santa to God

My biggest beef is we are actually lying to kids when we are trying to teach them not to lie...
Some kids will be struck hard by such a lie and it will push them away from God later in their teens...

Reactions: Nancy and GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well I was brought up by Christians and left God when I was a teenager...
Could the Santa lie have something to do with it... Maybe... If Santa is not real the God isn't real.

I do know that it definitely has an effect on some kids cos when I was on the atheist forum many of them said so. They often compare Santa to God

My biggest beef is we are actually lying to kids when we are trying to teach them not to lie...
Some kids will be struck hard by such a lie and it will push them away from God later in their teens...
Wow.
I don't know any grown up that was affected in the way you're saying. I even did 6 years of teaching kids our faith,,,thus the avatar.

I think science affects them more.
IOW, they believe non-believing, non-creationist scientists more than those that teach our faith.
This has been my experience.

Food for thought....

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wow.
I don't know any grown up that was affected in the way you're saying. I even did 6 years of teaching kids our faith,,,thus the avatar.

I think science affects them more.
IOW, they believe non-believing, non-creationist scientists more than those that teach our faith.
This has been my experience.

Food for thought....

Have u engaged atheists much on the topic?
I have on an atheist forum from I was on. And believe me, Santa played a part in many walking away.

Think about it.
You lie to a child about a supposed supernatural being that is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent only for them to find out its false...
You seriously think not one child is affected negatively affected by that?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Have u engaged atheists much on the topic?
I have on an atheist forum from I was on. And believe me, Santa played a part in many walking away.

Think about it.
You lie to a child about a supposed supernatural being that is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent only for them to find out its false...
You seriously think not one child is affected negatively affected by that?
Be back in about an hour.
Will think this over a bit.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe our "religious" holidays shouldn't be tainted with other ideas....

I wonder how our ancestors celebrated Christmas before Santa...

Same arguments, for and against, could be made for the Easter bunny too...

My parents never adhered to the Easter Bunny agenda or the tooth fairy. Only father Christmas... :)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I wonder how our ancestors celebrated Christmas before Santa...

Same arguments, for and against, could be made for the Easter bunny too...

My parents never adhered to the Easter Bunny agenda or the tooth fairy. Only father Christmas... :)
The Easter bunny was never an issue for us as a family, I mean. No celebrating a rabbit.
And,,,
In a way I think the bunny is worse.
Jesus is not represented at all, at least for Christmas we see mangers and other religious symbols and music to remind everyone about God - even if it gets some upset.
No such reminders for Easter...
The bunny rules for non-believers.

I don't know,,,
Some that grew up in a Christian home don't even end up believing.
If many say that the Santa thing affected them, maybe we believers should not adhere to this custom.
It's such fun though when they're little.

I could understand, however, that a child could get mixed up.

When I got saved I had a 3 year old and a 1 year old.
It wasn't even an issue back then.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Easter bunny was never an issue for us as a family, I mean. No celebrating a rabbit.
And,,,
In a way I think the bunny is worse.
Jesus is not represented at all, at least for Christmas we see mangers and other religious symbols and music to remind everyone about God - even if it gets some upset.
No such reminders for Easter...
The bunny rules for non-believers.

I don't know,,,
Some that grew up in a Christian home don't even end up believing.
If many say that the Santa thing affected them, maybe we believers should not adhere to this custom.
It's such fun though when they're little.

I could understand, however, that a child could get mixed up.

When I got saved I had a 3 year old and a 1 year old.
It wasn't even an issue back then.
PS
In Italy Christmas was not celebrated until these modern times.
It was purely religious.
What was celebrated is the 6th of January.
The Epifany.
Jesus becoming "shown" to the world...by way of the magi.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In a way I think the bunny is worse

Santa steals all these attributes from God

Christ has white hair, like wool (Rev 1:14) - Santa has white hair like wool
Christ has a beard (Isaiah 50:6) - Santa has a beard
Christ comes in red apparel (Isaiah 63:1-2) - Santa wears red
Christ's hour of his visitation was/is called a mystery - Santa's hour of his coming is a mystery
Christ lived/lives in the North - symbolic of heaven - Santa lives in the North
Christ was a carpenter - Santa is a toy carpenter
Christ appeared/appears as a thief in the night - Santa comes as a thief in the night and gains entrance into homes
Christ was given power to perform miracles - Santa can deliver all the toys in one night
Christ today knows all people - Santa knows all, who are naughty or nice
Christ today sees all people - Santa see you when you wake or sleep
Christ today is immortal - Santa is immortal
Christ lives in our hearts - Santa lives in the hearts of people, especially kids
The Father of Christ gives gifts to fill the soul - Santa gives gifts to please the soul
The Father and Christ is absolute truth - Santa is a fraud and a liar
The Father and Christ sits on their thrones - Santa sits on a throne
Christ is there on his throne to ask our needs - Santa is on his throne and asks kids their hearts desires for toys and presents
Christ commands children to obey their parents - Santa tell children to listen to their parents
Christ want all to come into the Kingdom as children - Santa tells children to come to him for presents
Christ judges from righteousness and peace - Santa judges whether you are good or bad
Christ is the image of his everlasting Father - Santa is Father Christmas
Christ is called the Christ child - Kris Kringle means christ child
Christ is worthy of pray and worship - Children give prayers and letters and worships Santa
Christ is today the Lord even over all the hosts - Santa is the Lord over the host of elves (In Druid religion elves are demons or tree spirits
God, the Father voices 'Ho Ho' - Santa says 'Ho Ho'
Christ is the prince of eternal peace and the image of his Father - Santa is the symbol of world peace and the image of the pagan season of harvest and the counterfeit version of Christ and his birth

Now look at the definition of fraud...
a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Santa steals all these attributes from God

Christ has white hair, like wool (Rev 1:14) - Santa has white hair like wool
Christ has a beard (Isaiah 50:6) - Santa has a beard
Christ comes in red apparel (Isaiah 63:1-2) - Santa wears red
Christ's hour of his visitation was/is called a mystery - Santa's hour of his coming is a mystery
Christ lived/lives in the North - symbolic of heaven - Santa lives in the North
Christ was a carpenter - Santa is a toy carpenter
Christ appeared/appears as a thief in the night - Santa comes as a thief in the night and gains entrance into homes
Christ was given power to perform miracles - Santa can deliver all the toys in one night
Christ today knows all people - Santa knows all, who are naughty or nice
Christ today sees all people - Santa see you when you wake or sleep
Christ today is immortal - Santa is immortal
Christ lives in our hearts - Santa lives in the hearts of people, especially kids
The Father of Christ gives gifts to fill the soul - Santa gives gifts to please the soul
The Father and Christ is absolute truth - Santa is a fraud and a liar
The Father and Christ sits on their thrones - Santa sits on a throne
Christ is there on his throne to ask our needs - Santa is on his throne and asks kids their hearts desires for toys and presents
Christ commands children to obey their parents - Santa tell children to listen to their parents
Christ want all to come into the Kingdom as children - Santa tells children to come to him for presents
Christ judges from righteousness and peace - Santa judges whether you are good or bad
Christ is the image of his everlasting Father - Santa is Father Christmas
Christ is called the Christ child - Kris Kringle means christ child
Christ is worthy of pray and worship - Children give prayers and letters and worships Santa
Christ is today the Lord even over all the hosts - Santa is the Lord over the host of elves (In Druid religion elves are demons or tree spirits
God, the Father voices 'Ho Ho' - Santa says 'Ho Ho'
Christ is the prince of eternal peace and the image of his Father - Santa is the symbol of world peace and the image of the pagan season of harvest and the counterfeit version of Christ and his birth

Now look at the definition of fraud...
a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
KRIS KRINGLE MEANS CHRIST CHILD!
I'm horrified.

But, CR, this is taking it too far, no?
I just can't think it has that much effect on a kid...
although you've convinced me that some are affected by this idea of growing out of Santa
and growing out of Jesus.

Some Christians won't even celebrate Christmas because it's not the real birthday of Jesus.
How about that?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KRIS KRINGLE MEANS CHRIST CHILD!
I'm horrified.

But, CR, this is taking it too far, no?
I just can't think it has that much effect on a kid...
although you've convinced me that some are affected by this idea of growing out of Santa
and growing out of Jesus.

Some Christians won't even celebrate Christmas because it's not the real birthday of Jesus.
How about that?

Someone else produced that list. I thought it was excellent proof of fraudulent behaviour from Santa

"He knows if iv been bad or good"
That ticks me off the most... Like who does he think he is, a moral agent, a judge...

His stealing attributes from God, taking the glory away from Christ and confusing little children...
Do not lead them astray Jesus says... There is no need to lie to the little ones in my opinion...

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is Christmas all about !
Gifts !
It's the annual gifts giving day.

Last year I went to a brothers place and his stupid girl friend started dictating the Gifts laws for the day. she was really angry dictating what was to go down had to be obeyed of we could go away. It's all about the Gifts you see.

Went to my sisters place last night for X Mas and it was this same one dictating all the Gifts Laws, this year it was different rules to the last. around $10 all must be and something stupid and you got a number to come and grab anything starting from number 1 and then you could steal another gift, but giving yours to that person.
We did this on the 23rd because some do have to work on the 25th.

But we have Christmas on the 25th at home.

When I lived with my parents we had it on the 24th because Danish have it the day before. but I think it's was only because my mum can not wait, she loves Gifts.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gifts !

Last year I went to a brothers place and his stupid girl friend started dictating the Gifts laws for the day. she was really angry dictating what was to go down had to be obeyed of we could go away. It's all about the Gifts you see.

Went to my sisters place last night for X Mas and it was this same one dictating all the Gifts Laws, this year it was different rules to the last. around $10 all must be and something stupid and you got a number to come and grab anything starting from number 1 and then you could steal another gift, but giving yours to that person.

When I lived with my parents we had it on the 24th because Danish have it the day before. but I think it's was only because my mum can not wait, she loves Gifts.

So strict gift rules is the order of the day... LoL
I do like the gifts part of it... Ive made it back to Melbourne to stay with my parents for a few weeks.
This year iv brought everyone something cheesy from the gift shops in Tassie like tshirts with the Tassie tiger on it...:)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Gifts !

Were these people Christian? Especially the Law-Giver?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte