Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Santa Claus a fraud?

• Total voters

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think its concerning that this lie is confusing some kids into walking away from God. It happens
The truth makes kids walk away from God, lol!
You're worried about a fun little story, that any kid with half a brain knows is fake and is just good fun by the time he's in the 3rd or 4th grade, causing them to not live for God later in life when far, far, far more kids don't live for God because they DO know the truth! They hate it and they rebel against it. That's the real problem! I have yet to see a student in a church youth group grow up to get saved and live for God.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I liked your post, but I do respect any Christian who has a problem with the idolatry issue. I'm told in scripture to respect that and not look down on them. And so I do. But the scripture also says for them to not condemn us.
the figure of Santa can not do any harm.. you teach kids the true Christmas story and watch there eyes light up. ask them they will tell you about baby Jesus. they also love Santa but also know the real truth

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you evidently have not ben around
I know some do, but I personally have never seen one.
My point is, you don't need a Santa to cause young people to not believe the truth.
The truth itself does that all by itself.
The truth drives away more people than any lie does.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm....that would be like eating food used in sacrifice to an idol, wouldn't it?
could be i bet ya if he or they needed a set of tire in mid december and the sale was advertised as a Christmas special with a picture of Santa Claus on it.. the tires was marked down %40 YOU CAN BET HE WOULD BUY THEM

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
could be i bet ya if he or they needed a set of tire in mid december and the sale was advertised as a Christmas special with a picture of Santa Claus on it.. the tires was marked down %40 YOU CAN BET HE WOULD BUY THEM
That may be because the tires themselves are "holey" (Get it?)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm specifically asking you, right now, right here, if the unmerciful servant himself in Matthew 18:23-35 is a fraud?
While this is not addressed to me, I would say "Very definitely". But let's focus on Santa's shenanigans. If Santa was not a fraud, you could not possibly have a hundred thousand (or whatever number) Santas in every mall across the land lying to little children around this time as they go sit in his lap. And then we have Uncle Sam asking for a $1.79 gas from Santa.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hyperreligiosity - Wikipedia
Hyperreligiosity
is a psychiatric disturbance in which a person experiences intense religious beliefs or episodes that interfere with normal functioning. Hyperreligiosity generally includes abnormal beliefs and a focus on religious content or even atheistic content,[1] which interferes with work and social functioning. Hyperreligiosity may occur in a variety of disorders including epilepsy, psychotic disorders and frontotemporal lobar degeneration. Hyperreligiosity is a symptom of Geschwind syndrome, which is associated with temporal lobe epilepsy.
Secular psychiatry trying to make Christians sound mentally ill .....nice....

Reactions: dev553344

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, I lightly posted that and new someone would say that. Hahaha got you!
Lol ....sadly, it's true that they have mapped out areas of the brain that are effected by hope and faith. And they do plan to create an "anti-God" vaccine to kill the parts of the brain that perceive faith and hope.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol ....sadly, it's true that they have mapped out areas of the brain that are effected by hope and faith. And they do plan to create an "anti-God" vaccine to kill the parts of the brain that perceive faith and hope.
Wow, let me know which vaccine it becomes.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive been itching to get this off my hairy chest. Now its time

Santa Claus a fraud

I don't like Santa Claus at all... His like a false idol in my book.

The 25th of December is the day that we celebrate the birth of Jesus... Santa Claus is nothing but a distraction. Taking the glory away from Christ

And why do we lie to kids about Santa... We teach them not to lie than we lie to them... Such hypocrites. Doesn't set a good example... Why do we need Santa claus, why not teach the kids to give gifs instead of expecting something from this false idol

Santa clause is a fraud... Invented by Coke to promote their product i believe. Maybe someone else can give us a bit more of a history lesson on him, the false idol

From very young i thought Santa was a fool... One Christmas morning i woke up to find a new bicycle under the tree... But it was a girls bike. I was sceptical from that day on

I wonder how Christians used to celebrate Christmas, pre Santa... Most likely by focusing more on Christ. We should go back to that i think

So then, what do you think... Is Santa a fraud?

Invented as a fraud. as a matter of fact- the jolly fat old elf was created by coca cola in the 20th century.

Christmas has always been controversial. It was banned in America for a long time as nothing more than a carnal feast! We are never told to celebrate Jesus' birth- just His death.

But there is nothing wrong with setting aside a day for feasting and making merry! As Paul said- whatever we do, do it all in the name of the Lord.

Being one with sarcastic humor, I call him Satan Claus! And with my kids we had trees and lights and stuff, but we put a banner up that said happy birthday jesus!