Is Satan an angel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are not judged while they are dead, they're judged after they have been resurrected.

What happens between death and resurrection is that we will be in an inconscious state - sleeping in death.

1 Thessalonians 4:13 (WEB):
(13) But we don’t want you to be ignorant, brothers, concerning those who have fallen asleep, so that you don’t grieve like the rest, who have no hope.​

Genesis 47:29-30 (WEB):
(29) The time came near that Israel must die, and he called his son Joseph, and said to him, “If now I have found favor in your sight, please put your hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me. Please don’t bury me in Egypt,​
(30) but when I sleep with my fathers, you shall carry me out of Egypt, and bury me in their burying place.” Joseph said, “I will do as you have said.”​
I think you will find judgment takes place here on earth.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it still makes a sound- we just don't hear it. That is science.
That isn’t science, that’s an assumption. Assumption is opposite to science. Science investigates, and has not come to that conclusion.

But science falsely so called denies the existence of the spirit realm.
Science simply applies the scientific approach. Not finding something is not the same as denial.

There is no matter WHAT SECULAR SCIENCE SAYS. Angels Seraphs and Cherubs exist. They are not concepts. For those who reject the facts, the problem lies with them and to in reality.
Post pics. ;)

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Other than the reality of the Godhead, existence is divided into two realms: vertical and horizontal. The horizontal realm is physical and measurable. Vertical is the rest.

Angels are beings existing in the vertical realm.

Satan is not a physical being. By these definitions, he is an angel.

See also Was Satan a cherub?

He's a rank of Angel, a Cherub.

Where do you find these?

You find 2 of them in GOLD on opposite sides of the Ark of the Covenant.
-
-
1708381505164.png

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That isn’t science, that’s an assumption. Assumption is opposite to science. Science investigates, and has not come to that conclusion.
It's science, not an assumption. Sound is vibrations and pressure waves in the air. A falling tree will still make a sound whether or not we are there to hear it. If you say "Good night" to your wife as you go to bed and I don't hear it because I am thousands of miles away, that doesn't mean that you didn't make a sound, it just means that I am not within range to hear it. It's the same with a falling tree.

Post pics. ;)
What would be the point of posting a picture of something that is invisible!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Other than the reality of the Godhead, existence is divided into two realms: vertical and horizontal. The horizontal realm is physical and measurable. Vertical is the rest.

I think existence is multi layered and we only know of two of them.

Look up, look down, look inward, look outward, look forwards, look backwards.. multi layered.

I don't think Satan is an Angel. I think he is a time and place.

He is death and the grave, the very opposite of Christ which is life and heaven.

Deu 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

We say, the angel of death, because he is the bringer of it. Just as Christ is the bringer of light.
The evening and the morning.

Perhaps these are the two cherubim that reside over the mercy seat.
One accuses and the other pardons.

it's a paradox.

Eph 3:14
For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15
Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

So who gave Satan his name? The Father. Who gave Jesus Christ his name? The Father.
Who gives us names? Our parents.
We give our children names.

It's like a family tree.

Satan isn't a very good dad, so the Father took his children and gave them to Jesus Christ.
And we are passed from death unto life.
And he paid for us with his own blood.

There so many ways to consider everything.
I don't know if we'll ever fully understand it all.

But it sure is fun picking at it.
:D

Hugs

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong it is science. WE know that a tree falling makes a sound. Just because we do not observe it, does not mean it doesn't happen. Same thing with a rock thrown in water, whether we see it or not, unless acted upon by something greater than the rock weighing more than water, it will fall to the bottom.
Science simply applies the scientific approach. Not finding something is not the same as denial.
If that were true, they would fully deny Darwinian evolution and the age of the universe they hold to.
But we know after repeated experiments and research, every time a tree falls and is not interacted by a greater force, when it hits another object, it makes a sound. You have to assume that because it is not heard by humn ears it may not make a sound.

That is just like the assumption that there are other planets outside of the solar system. We have not actually observed a real planet, just assumptions.

There are recorded examples of people interacting with angels. But because they are testimony from religious persons, science discounts them to 0

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's science, not an assumption. Sound is vibrations and pressure waves in the air. A falling tree will still make a sound whether or not we are there to hear it.
The assumption is the believing of the thought ‘it was heard’, in spite of direct experience (it was not).
Similarly, “we hear”.

If you say "Good night" to your wife as you go to bed and I don't hear it because I am thousands of miles away, that doesn't mean that you didn't make a sound, it just means that I am not within range to hear it. It's the same with a falling tree.
Same assumption. There’s an experience of the thought / assumption only.
There is, in honesty, sincerity & integrity… no actual experience of what the thought is about, and that’s the assumption or assumptive aspect.
This is what the most recent Nobel prize was awarded for.

What would be the point of posting a picture of something that is invisible!
A picture isn’t invisible, a picture is an appearance, what’s appearing (as perception & the thought “picture”) is invisible.

The old saying (if a tree falls…) highlights direct experience. Without being there to actually hear it, what’s directly experienced is only the assumption ‘it made a sound’. Science, so to speak, discovered this over a hundred years ago. It’s why that old saying was said. (“Hear it” leaves much ‘meat on the bone’ as well).

Wrong it is science. WE know that a tree falling makes a sound. Just because we do not observe it, does not mean it doesn't happen. Same thing with a rock thrown in water, whether we see it or not, unless acted upon by something greater than the rock weighing more than water, it will fall to the bottom.
The only actual experience of ‘we know’, ‘we observe’, and ‘we see it or not’ - is the assumption.

Right & wrong are never actually experienced either - only the thoughts “right” and “wrong” are experienced.

Experience is the point (not judgement & suffering therein). Don’t eat the from the tree of the knowledge of good & evil (good & bad, right & wrong)… was God’s only request. Heed the flaming sword, go instead to the tree of life.

For those with ears to hear.

If that were true, they would fully deny Darwinian evolution and the age of the universe they hold to.
Thoughts are, thoughts.
Perception is, perception.
There is no need whatsoever for denial.

Evolution & time are concepts… thoughts.
Assumptions.
But we know after repeated experiments and research, every time a tree falls and is not interacted by a greater force, when it hits another object, it makes a sound. You have to assume that because it is not heard by humn ears it may not make a sound.
But you don’t have to assume. It’s not like anyone’s forcing you to or is benefited by doing so in any way.

To the contrary; this very conversation.

That is just like the assumption that there are other planets outside of the solar system. We have not actually observed a real planet, just assumptions.
Earth is the thought, earth.
Non-conceptual, simple, self-evident.

There are recorded examples of people interacting with angels. But because they are testimony from religious persons, science discounts them to 0
And ye believe there is “science”.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not mean that you are immortal.
We need to repent before we can pass onto the resurrection. We can do that now, or wait till we are on our deathbed. Assuming we do, I think we will pass right onto the resurrection when we die.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to repent before we can pass onto the resurrection. We can do that now, or wait till we are on our deathbed. Assuming we do, I think we will pass right onto the resurrection when we die.
Nope. resurrection occurs at 2nd coming

1Thess 4 :
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. resurrection occurs at 2nd coming

1Thess 4 :
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Jesus commanded us to repent of our sin (Matt 4:17). If we do, I believe we'll find the gate.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only actual experience of ‘we know’, ‘we observe’, and ‘we see it or not’ - is the assumption.
No it is the fact that a falling tree will make a sound every time is a law of science (unless it doesn't fall for a bizarre reason) Every fallen tree makes a noise, so we do not have to be there to know it will make a sound. It has been tested repeated and observed enough for it to be a law.
Right & wrong are never actually experienced either - only the thoughts “right” and “wrong” are experienced.

Wrong again. Point a gun at your head, pull the trigger and see if your suicide is just a thought or reality.
Experience is the point (not judgement & suffering therein). Don’t eat the from the tree of the knowledge of good & evil (good & bad, right & wrong)… was God’s only request. Heed the flaming sword, go instead to the tree of life.
Experience is the result of doing! And doing a wrong act will bring a negative experience
Evolution & time are concepts… thoughts.
Assumptions.
Well I agree evolution is an unprovable concept. But time is a reality. It is a tool of measurement.
But you don’t have to assume. It’s not like anyone’s forcing you to or is benefited by doing so in any way.
So what was your point in bringing up the question?
Earth is the thought, earth.
Non-conceptual, simple, self-evident.

Earth is the thought based on teh reality of earth. If we had no earth, we would not have a thought of what it is.
And ye believe there is “science”.
Of course there is "scince" God created true science when He created teh univewrse.

Man had to discover what God did.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it is the fact that a falling tree will make a sound every time is a law of science (unless it doesn't fall for a bizarre reason) Every fallen tree makes a noise, so we do not have to be there to know it will make a sound. It has been tested repeated and observed enough for it to be a law.
Science is based on direct observation, (being there & hearing it) and not assumption. The scientific approach would be to investigate and see what is actually the case, not to presume & forego finding out.

Wrong again. Point a gun at your head, pull the trigger and see if your suicide is just a thought or reality.
As was said… only as the thoughts ’right & wrong’. This is verifiable now by looking for right and wrong in perception (seeing, hearing, etc) and or sensation. Inspecting helps to clarify ‘right & wrong’ are directly experienced as thoughts. Because we can inspect, there is certainly no need for drastic examples or measures.

Experience is the result of doing! And doing a wrong act will bring a negative experience
‘Doing’ is a narrative of thoughts. This is also verifiable by simply sitting and essentially doing nothing, or, not doing anything at all. You could even hold your breathe. Experience carries on. ‘Negative’ is also never actually of perception and is another thought & way of saying wrong. No one’s saying there is anything wrong about any of this, only what is and what isn’t actually experienced.

Well I agree evolution is an unprovable concept. But time is a reality. It is a tool of measurement.
A unprovable concept is a belief. The belief in time can be dispelled as well. Even just in reading this… it begins to be noticed that without experiencing thoughts about time… there is no actual experience of time. You might also consider, if time is real, why do we have all these clocks? You might also notice that the honest answer to when is it, is always - now. The present. Likewise, all thoughts about ‘other times’ are experienced now, presently. If that isn’t clarifying enough, actually go to a past or future, see what it’s really like, and report back in the present.

So what was your point in bringing up the question?
If I were in your shoes I’d sleep on it, and then read from the beginning.

Earth is the thought based on teh reality of earth. If we had no earth, we would not have a thought of what it is.
The “reality” of there being an earth is based on first, learning the word. It’s a different word in other languages.
What was ‘the earth’… before learning the label? Surely you walked without ‘knowing there’s an earth’.

Of course there is "scince" God created true science when He created teh univewrse.

Man had to discover what God did.
’Science’ is no different than ‘earth’ or’ ‘man’. Each label was learned, and that which each label points to did not arise of the labelling. It’s quite the opposite in fact.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia

Point taken, but also take note the three men appeared to Abraham, they were angels too.

They rested and ate and drank and communicated, like humans.

Ironically, the men of the sinful cities they about to destroy, wanted have sex with these angels being in the form of man.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Science is based on direct observation, (being there & hearing it) and not assumption. The scientific approach would be to investigate and see what is actually the case, not to presume & forego finding out.
And once a law has been established though observation and repetition . You do not need be there to know the result of a tree falling. It was verified over and over and over and over and over and over.
As was said… only as the thoughts ’right & wrong’. This is verifiable now by looking for right and wrong in perception (seeing, hearing, etc) and or sensation. Inspecting helps to clarify ‘right & wrong’ are directly experienced as thoughts. Because we can inspect, there is certainly no need for drastic examples or measures.
So are you saying you base your morality on your sensual intake?
‘Doing’ is a narrative of thoughts. This is also verifiable by simply sitting and essentially doing nothing, or, not doing anything at all. You could even hold your breathe. Experience carries on. ‘Negative’ is also never actually of perception and is another thought & way of saying wrong. No one’s saying there is anything wrong about any of this, only what is and what isn’t actually experienced.
No. doing is not a narrative but an action as a result of deciding.
A unprovable concept is a belief. The belief in time can be dispelled as well.
Well then I await your dispelling then.
If I were in your shoes I’d sleep on it, and then read from the beginning.
Well you aren't so whats your point!
The “reality” of there being an earth is based on first, learning the word. It’s a different word in other languages.
What was ‘the earth’… before learning the label? Surely you walked without ‘knowing there’s an earth’.
No the reality of the earth is the earth being there. KNowing the term is a result of learning a definition.
’Science’ is no different than ‘earth’ or’ ‘man’. Each label was learned, and that which each label points to did not arise of the labelling. It’s quite the opposite in fact.
Well each "label" as yu call it, has been assigned a specific definition so we can understand what we are talking about. God created grammar so we can know what things are and communicate effectively.