Is sin kept shut up in darkness(secret) covered by the light?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
struggling with this which is taught that all anyone has to do is say we believe in Jesus Christ and all sins are forgiven. The question is concerning repentance. Paul (inspired by the Holy Spirit) mentioned Godly sorrow works repentance to not be repented of. It is the Light of the gospel, the Revelation of Jesus Christ which makes manifest ...as the word says it is the light which uncovers and brings that which is hidden in the darkness; secrets of the heart brought out for the destruction of that which is evil. so what about those sins kept shut up in darkness(secret)? are those sins covered by the light(Christ). Much debate on the book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ but one thing is clearly manifest...they won’t repent of their sins. All the seals opened, the plagues, the sorrows, the death and hell and pain and suffering...and God says ...still after all of this they will not repent of their deeds.

“They will not repent of their deeds.” Revelation 9:20-21 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: [21] Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

no turning to Him. But instead; holdfast to their own deeds. what of the body of Christ? What of those things hidden in darkness and refused to be brought out into the light...do we say then it is okay and all kept in darkness is forgiven by the light it never comes in to? John 3:19-21 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. [20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. [21] But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

2 Corinthians 12:20-21 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: [21] And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

do we teach, those sins which are hidden and shut up in darkness are covered by Christ and a work of God...when the example is the Revelation of Jesus Christ and “they will not repent and turn” that God may heal what is lame and out of the way? (Romans 3:12-18)There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Reactions: SouthernStorm

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
struggling with this which is taught that all anyone has to do is say we believe in Jesus Christ and all sins are forgiven. The question is concerning repentance.
Repentance and faith go hand in hand. So there's no need to *struggle* with this. What did Peter say?

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19)

Repentance is required for the remission of sins, and faith is required for the justification of the sinner.