Is smoking a sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I had my cigarette when I was 10 years old and been smoking ever since.
And you know what's cool..
the more I type the less I smoke.
Maybe that's why most my posts are so looooooong..
LOL
@Ziggy Think that this year you'll be able to cut down...? or maybe you'll likely just live with it...

Yes, some of your posts are long, but it's good to see your contributions..... :)

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Think that this year you'll be able to cut down...? or maybe you'll likely just live with it...

Yes, some of your posts are long, but it's good to see your contributions..... :)
Financially I may not have a choice lol.
I don't plan on cutting down or quitting, but nothing is really in my control.
Although I am down to maybe 1/2 a pack this winter. I'm not fond of travelling in the snow and we've had plenty so far this year already.
So I find myself slowing down out of necessity rather than desire.
Also I find the more I sleep the less I smoke too. So I been sleeping (hibernating a lot this winter)
It's something to pass the time.
And a habit that just clings on and on and on...
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Although I am down to maybe 1/2 a pack this winter. I'm not fond of travelling in the snow and we've had plenty so far this year already.
Also I find the more I sleep the less I smoke too. So I been sleeping (hibernating a lot this winter)
Hugs
@Ziggy Sounds like in one way or another you are managing to cut down....

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoy a cigar and now and then. I personally do not feel convicted over it, other believers might and there is nothing wrong with that. The amount of Coca-Cola I consume is a lot more damaging than the cigar I have every once in a while. The way I attempt to keep a balanced and healthy life is this: moderation not elimination.

Enjoy the dessert, the greasy pizza, the soda, etc. The amount of pollution that is in the air, the amount of chemicals and processed foods that fill the stores, nothing is truly pure and clean nowadays anyways unless you're living off the grid and growing and hunting your own food.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hopefully, this is an oft-repeated response,
"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful;
all things are lawful for me, but not all things [are good for me]." 1 Corinthians 10:23
Fact is, Not smoking for some ppl seems to be part of their religion.....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
(Even though before the American Civil War it was apparently widespread in some areas for women to smoke after church....)

The taboo had apparently not set in yet....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Seems like for some Fundamentalists it's a taboo...

Sure.
Smoking, Tatting, Dancing, Sun bather, Sports fanatic, Divorced, Wealthy, Poor, Ambitious, Burden, Under caring, Over caring, Over Eating, Under Eating, Over Drinking, Under dressing, Over logging, Over medicating, Over mining, Over makeup, Over surgeries, Under cleaning, on and on......
* Are all things, up for scrutiny, criticism, likes, dislikes, gossip, advocation, rejections, influencing...BETWEEN and AMONG men.

* ALL irrelevant in AN INDIVIDUAL MANS ONE ON ONE SPIRITUAL RELATIONSHIP WITH the Lord God Almighty.

Glory to God,
Taken

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hopefully, this is an oft-repeated response,
"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful;
all things are lawful for me, but not all things [are good for me]." 1 Corinthians 10:23

Of course we have to know what Paul was referring to, consider the context; he is not any more exempt from the laws given to Christians than any of us are. Paul as an apostle, although not sinless, did his utmost to live within the guidelines of God's laws, as do all of us Christians.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hugs

Hello, would you explain to me why all these bots are on the forums? Also, does Christianity board have administrators?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, would you explain to me why all these bots are on the forums? Also, does Christianity board have administrators?
bots? I think they are like search engines or something.
And yes we have Admins.
Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum
:D
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do I get in contact with the Admins?
I don't really know..
I know if you click on Members in the tabs at the top of the forum, you will come across another tab that says "staff" .
You may need to message them but I don't think you can do that until you get 10 likes...
So hang around and tell us a bit about yourself.
Take a walk in the welcome section or in the lounge.
Until then, I'll give you a like..
Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is smoking a sin?
If yer doing burnouts and leaving those unsightly black lines on the road yer gonna spend at least an extra 149 years in purgatory.....unless of course you can cough up enough dosh and pay the Man, then yer might get away with a few hail Mary's.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Titus, I am sure they do, but I am very thankful they allow a great measure of freedom of speech here. This is the best religious site I have ever posted on. If you want censorship as the dominant character might I suggest this site: Christianity Forum -   - City-Data Forum

There, you will likely be given days off, and eventually be barred for speaking Bible truths.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is smoking a sin?
If yer doing burnouts and leaving those unsightly black lines on the road yer gonna spend at least an extra 149 years in purgatory.....unless of course you can cough up enough dosh and pay the Man, then yer might get away with a few hail Mary's.
I saw what you did there
LOL
Hugs

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Titus, I am sure they do, but I am very thankful they allow a great measure of freedom of speech here. This is the best religious site I have ever posted on. If you want censorship as the dominant character might I suggest this site: Christianity Forum - - City-Data Forum

There, you will likely be given days off, and eventually be barred for speaking Bible truths.
Hello! Hahaha, I was booted off Christianity forums. I must be really bad over there because I was banned without any notice of any kind. Thanks for responding

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello! Hahaha, I was booted off Christianity forums. I must be really bad over there because I was banned without any notice of any kind. Thanks for responding
Hello, Titus...Welcome to CB...what were you seeking from an admin or mid? I am happy to answer any questions.

Reactions: amadeus