Is smoking a sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is smoking a sin?

I don't think so. the Bible does not mention directly about smoking tobacco cigarettes or cigars.

1 Corinthians 10:

CDC lists many bad health effects:

It is wise not to smoke.

Similarly for vaping, it is not a sin but it is not wise.

See also Smoke weed.
So its ok to get high on drugs and get intoxicated with alcohol ?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is smoking a sin?

No.

I don’t know of anyone in which smoking cause them to not believe
But you do know God's command, "Thou shalt not kill (which God actually intends not to murder), Yes?

What about suicide which is self-murder?

Need I say more?

To God Be The Glory

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you do know God's command, "Thou shalt not kill (which God actually intends not to murder), Yes?

What about suicide which is self-murder?

Need I say more?

To God Be The Glory

Say more? Sure.

In your question was the one who committed suicide Sanctified or Not?

Reactions: ChristisGod

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Say more? Sure.

In your question was the one who committed suicide Sanctified or Not?
Never. Suicide is self murder which is contrary to God's command, "Thou shalt not kill!."

The only time we are allowed to kill are animals for food consumption.

Now read the label on a cigarette pack.

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never. Suicide is self murder which is contrary to God's command, "Thou shalt not kill!."

The only time we are allowed to kill are animals for food consumption.

Suicide of a Forgiven Converted man will be a man who knows on the day his body will physically die, and his soul depart and go to heaven, to await judgement.

Suicide of an unbelieving, Non-Converted man will be a man who will know on the day his body will physically die, and may or may not know or believe, yet his soul will depart and go to hell, to await judgement.

Now read the label on a cigarette pack.

I am aware of the Surgeon General’s Cigarette warning and personally makes not much of an impact on me, along with many other agencies and appointments of the Federal Government pertaining to the People at large, own heath.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suicide of a Forgiven Converted man will be a man who knows on the day his body will physically die, and his soul depart and go to heaven, to await judgement.
To my knowledge of Scripture, suicide has never been abrogated by God and still is a sin. "....The soul that sinneth it shall die." Ezekiel 18:4

And where do you read that a converted and forgiven man that commits suicide will know the day he will die and his soul will go to heaven to await judgement???

Apparently, you missed Romans 8:1 which reads:

"[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

You said:
Suicide of an unbelieving, Non-Converted man will be a man who will know on the day his body will physically die, and may or may not know or believe, yet his soul will depart and go to hell, to await judgement

Agreed. But I still wonder how he knows the day his body will physically die.

You said:
I am aware of the Surgeon General’s Cigarette warning and personally makes not much of an impact on me, along with many other agencies and appointments of the Federal Government pertaining to the People at large, own heath.

Therefore by your reasons above, you will not follow the Government even if God commands it?

2 Peter 2:10 reads:
But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous [are they], selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Also read Jeremiah 27:8-11

To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To my knowledge of Scripture, suicide has never been abrogated by God and still is a sin. "....The soul that sinneth it shall die." Ezekiel 18:4

And where do you read that a converted and forgiven man that commits suicide will know the day he will die and his soul will go to heaven to await judgement???

Apparently, you missed Romans 8:1 which reads:

"[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

You said:
Suicide of an unbelieving, Non-Converted man will be a man who will know on the day his body will physically die, and may or may not know or believe, yet his soul will depart and go to hell, to await judgement

Agreed. But I still wonder how he knows the day his body will physically die.

You said:

Therefore by your reasons above, you will not follow the Government even if God commands it?

2 Peter 2:10 reads:
But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous [are they], selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Also read Jeremiah 27:8-11

To God Be The Glory

The body, soul, spirit, is the whole of a man.
The man who IS wholly forgiven, IS forgiven wholly, called Healed, called MADE Whole by the Power of God…and Kept WHOLE, by the indwelling Power of God.

1 Thes 5:
[23] And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Matt 13:
[15] For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Glory to God,
Taken