Is Temptation Evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
= is =, Taken

"it" here is basically rendered into whatever you want "it" to be at the time, iow

No, not what I WANT IT TO BE. What Scripture has declared, and I CHOOSE to Believe is TRUE.

Every individual has the SAME option to CHOOSE what they Believe. They can BELIEVE Scripture or DENY Scripture. That is their choice. I have made my choice, and have shared the knowledge of MY choice with you.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What Scripture has declared, and I CHOOSE to Believe is TRUE.
but you just would rather not state any of these declarations right now, right
Every individual has the SAME option to CHOOSE what they Believe.
i would counsel increasing faith, and letting beliefs take care of themselves
They can BELIEVE Scripture or DENY Scripture.
see how "believe Scripture" here can easily be made into "agree with you," and "deny Scripture" will then be made to = "disagree with you."
I have made my choice, and have shared the knowledge of MY choice with you.
yet i cannot get one statement of Absolute truth other than "God" from you, that you are comfortable committing to, from the Bible, see. No beliefs will be examined herenow, iow, bc none will even be mentioned, let alone stated as absolute truth

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but you just would rather not state any of these declarations right now, right
i would counsel increasing faith, and letting beliefs take care of themselves

What ever are you talking about?
How much more of a declaration do you think is necessary, beyond me declaring I TRUST "ALL" Scripture is true?

see how "believe Scripture" here can easily be made into "agree with you," and "deny Scripture" will then be made to = "disagree with you."

No. I do not see one claiming to Believe all scripture is true....to mean Scripture agrees with the individuals idea of what is TRUE.

yet i cannot get one statement of Absolute truth other than "God" from you, that you are comfortable committing to, from the Bible, see. No beliefs will be examined herenow, iow, bc none will even be mentioned, let alone stated as absolute truth

I have stated VERY CLEARLY, it does not matter, WHO is speaking, God, the Son, the Holy Spirit, angels, men; IN SCRIPTURE....
I TRUST, I AGREE, I BELIEVE their words ARE TRUE.
I am not forming MY ideas, and applying it to THEM and then agreeing with them....

I have made myself abundantly clear, I trust to believe what is Written IN Scripture is TRUE. Scriptural Truth, by default becomes MY TRUTH, precisely BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE THEIR TRUTH as TRUTH.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, maybe this will clarify on the other thread, i tagged you

lol ... what other thread?

Tagged me? Not familiar. If you post to me, or mention me, I only know by alerts.
If you simply are making a post, no clue where that is.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
lol ... what other thread?

Tagged me? Not familiar. If you post to me, or mention me, I only know by alerts.
If you simply are making a post, no clue where that is.

God Bless,
Taken
ah sorry, alerts are tags; the one where it says i "mentioned" you in a post

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
How much more of a declaration do you think is necessary, beyond me declaring I TRUST "ALL" Scripture is true?
and not meaning to ignore you here; just waiting for the right bridge to illuminate the impasse.

Saying "i believe all Scripture is true" is essentially a null statement, iow, i believe all Scripture is true, too

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
see, next thing you know i'll be telling you that "i am telling you truth" or some other such tripe, see, the inference being that you have no opinion worth hearing, essentially. That is what those mean

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and not meaning to ignore you here; just waiting for the right bridge to illuminate the impasse.

Saying "i believe all Scripture is true" is essentially a null statement, iow, i believe all Scripture is true, too

Excellent.

Go Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, next thing you know i'll be telling you that "i am telling you truth" or some other such tripe, see, the inference being that you have no opinion worth hearing, essentially. That is what those mean

The next thing an individual (WHO BELIEVES ALL SCRIPTURE IS TRUE) has to comes to terms with....

IS; does ALL SCRIPTURE APPLY TO THEM...:)

And THAT, becomes a huge issue, when one decides and dictates what APPLIES to another, in disagreement with the other.

And for myself, I will tell you straight out;
While I believe ALL Scripture IS TRUE;
Not ALL Scripture applies to me.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
wadr you are once again minding me that we are not really even having a conversation, i guess
do i exist solely to provide fodder for your mini-sermons?

not meaning to be rude, but surely you can see how "excellent" is not even engaging with the subject there?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wadr you are once again minding me that we are not really even having a conversation, i guess
do i exist solely to provide fodder for your mini-sermons?

not meaning to be rude, but surely you can see how "excellent" is not even engaging with the subject there?

You brought up a comment, thinking you were replying to another.

I am aware of the intent of ... saying...
One who claims they are without sin...

I expounded on my position.

Nothing to do with your beliefs, only your implication, and my own beliefs.
So on to the OP...

Is it tempting to make accusations/implications?

Is it evil to make unfounded accusations?

God Bless,
Taken

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Temptation is not evil. If temptation was evil then Jesus had Evil in Him when He was being"tempted" by the devil in the wilderness after His water baptism as given Him by John the Baptist. An interesting note here is that the Holy Spirit Led Jesus into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan. Why would the Holy Spirit do that if temptation was/is evil, if the Holy Spirit's role is to convict us of evil?

Our Savior also knew what His Mission was, He already knew that He was to be a Sacrifice, so to be led into the wilderness to be tempted would be what would be His Choice. Remember what John said after immersing our Savior, I saw the holy Spirit descend upon Him in the Form of a Dove, and then a Loud Voice declared, This is My Son in whom I am well Pleased, the temptations were Physical as well as Spiritual, Food, Hunger! Protection, Well-being! and of course, Wealth, Prosperity. to which He overcame by the Spirit. So I also Agree that Temptation is not Evil, falling into it will be the Evil if you allow it to lead you.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
that is a reply to this?
surely you can see how "excellent" is not even engaging with the subject there?
i'm not really getting the synopsis, wadr. yes, i get that you said something that n2 misquoted a couple of pages ago now, and i'm glad you did not mean it in the way it was read, if that is what you are saying now?

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is a reply to this?

With your general and broken sentences it's pretty much guess-work trying to cipher what you are talking about.

I'll try to keep my posts to you minimal.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
= is =, Taken

"it" here is basically rendered into whatever you want "it" to be at the time, iow

IS = Forever, Crucified, Saved, Born Again = Whole = Taken.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
With your general and broken sentences it's pretty much guess-work trying to cipher what you are talking about.
ah, you think that's it, do you? i'd love to see what the interface looks like on other's devices; i mean for me,
surely you can see how "excellent" is not even engaging with the subject there?
is directly followed by
is this not the case with you? or something?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is a reply to this?
i'm not really getting the synopsis, wadr. yes, i get that you said something that n2 misquoted a couple of pages ago now, and i'm glad you did not mean it in the way it was read, if that is what you are saying now?

I can guess your implication of what you posted.

You can explain your own implication and intent for what you posted.

God Bless.
Taken