Is the Catholic Church Today Part of Jesus' Body?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism is the only "work" required for membership in the Catholic Church (Matt. 29:19, Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38).

Confusing water baptism may get "membership" in earthly organizations, BUT:
water gets NO ONE Into God's Heavenly Organism, The Body Of CHRIST...

...BUT GOD's OPERATION Does Translate
the humble Into The
Heavenly Kingdom Of God's Dear SON, JESUS CHRIST!:

God's Simple Will
13 Bible baptisms

Be Blessed!

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Thank you for the Scripture which shows how Jesus revealed the Father apart from anyone trying to see Him. Very good.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks often forget that the goal is to win the soul , correct the soul .
I often see folks go after catholics and act as though they are a pedophile or etc .
No , the person is just stuck in a dangerous deadly system . So i leave all the accusations out of it .
If you notice my friend i will go after the doctrine itself . Our goal is to win the soul and , as you know , that includes
pulling them out of false doctrine . Like praying to angels , saints , mary , etc . That is highly dangerous to do such a thing .
But often folks will just attack , instead of trying to simply warn and get them out of said system .
People who are under conviction by God will quickly become defensive about their weaknesses, and complain of being attacked. They have not learned to humbly submit to His Words.

Marc RL Ministry

May 28, 2021
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have yet to see any aspect of Roman Catholicism which displays the Truth of Jesus' Gospel.

1.) They require works and membership for supposed salvation.
2.) They call a man "father" in disobedience of Jesus' Command not to do so.
3.) The "pope" is a Freemason, aligned with other Freemasons, all displaying occult hand signs.
4.) The "pope" claims to be "the vicar of Christ," yet he personally demonstrates nothing of Jesus.
5.) The Jesuits are committed to geopolitical subversion in all of the World's recorded modern history.
6.) The "pope" endeavors to have approval and alliance with all of mankind, including pagan religions. Jesus was the opposite.
7.) The "pope" fails to identify paranormal UFO activity as being demonic, and states they are arriving from the far Cosmos as "visitors" and "brothers."

Religious Organizations/Denominations are NOT the body of Christ, Each person is a temple of the Holy Spirit we either honor or dishonor God those who do good in public and private are of God those who do evil do NOT know God or Jesus Christ and have the spirit of the Anti-Christ that is why their has been so many Anti-Christ its a spirit who pretends to be God anything beyond Jesus Christ doctrine is not of God.

There are people who do good on the inside and outside, those who do good on the outside and evil on the inside and those who do evil on the inside and outside they're in all churches and every aspect of life, even myself I have walked the path of all the above in the past.

We need to judge what's on the inside of our own cup before we worry about others, when we seek to do good on the inside and outside that proves we are of God then the rest becomes very clear and easy to discern including reading the Holy Bible.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Confusing water baptism may get "membership" in earthly organizations, BUT:
water gets NO ONE Into God's Heavenly Organism, The Body Of CHRIST...

...BUT GOD's OPERATION Does Translate
the humble Into The
Heavenly Kingdom Of God's Dear SON, JESUS CHRIST!:

God's Simple Will
13 Bible baptisms

Be Blessed!
WRONG.

Matt. 28:19
Go therefore and MAKE DISCIPLES of all nations, BAPTISING THEM in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

John 3:5
Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of WATER and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:16
He who believes and is BAPTIZED will be saved;
but he who does not believe will be condemned.
Acts 2:38
Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:36-38
And as they were going along the road they came to some WATER, and the eunuch said, “See, here is WATER! What prevents me from being BAPTIZED?” And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he BAPTIZED him.

1 Pet. 3:21
BAPTISM
, which corresponds to this, now SAVES YOU, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Acts 19:1-7
While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus. There he found some disciples. And he said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said, "No, we have never even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."
And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" They said, "Into John's baptism." And Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus." On hearing this, they were BAPTIZED in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them; and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. There were about twelve of them in all.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, would "leaving ALL earthly organizations behind,
and serving JESUS CHRIST Alone," be edifying?:

God's Simple Will

Be Blessed!
I don't suppose thats the plan.
Even Paul was torn between being with the Lord and those he was sent to teach.
I'm not a teacher.
I'm a student.
And if I was to drop out of school, what kind of productive citizen for the kingdom would I become?
I learned that lesson the worldly way. I was a middle school dropout.
But the lessons being taught just weren't as productive as the lessons I'm learning walking in the spirit.

And it wouldn't be much of a classroom if only I was sitting in it.
alas..

Thank You
Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reply to call no man father

Call no man father

Typical fundamentalist misunderstandings!

Matt 23:9
Call no man Father?

Is this an absolute requirement?
Or is Our Savior condemning pride and spiritual pride of the Pharisees?

God calls men father!

Ex 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus calls men father!

Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Mary calls men father!

Lk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peter calls men father!

Acts3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

The stephen calls men father!

Acts 7 Stephen quotes the fathers over and over!

The Bible calls men father!

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Then there is spiritual fathers!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Peter, Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Isa 22 the administrator of the kingdom is called father, so the same for Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Share your opinion about how Catholicism brings anyone to spiritual rebirth.

I will respond

Merits of christ’s blood applied in the sacraments!

Matt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Lk 1: 72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 1:18 & Jn 10:16 one fold

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Christ and His church are one: acts 9 why persecute me?

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Any denial of the divinity of Christ: or His incarnation: or the Holy Trinity is antichrist! Or Christ from His Holy Church! Or the unity of Christians with the church, the body of Christ, the new covenant in union with the mediator and in communion with God and the saints!

“Faith alone” denies the Union of the Christian in the church thru the sacraments promised by the Father and instituted by Christ! Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the Father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Heb 7:21 For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
(Oath = sacrament)

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Life of supernatural grace merited by Christ in His passion and death!

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have yet to see any aspect of Roman Catholicism which displays the Truth of Jesus' Gospel.

1.) They require works and membership for supposed salvation.
2.) They call a man "father" in disobedience of Jesus' Command not to do so.
3.) The "pope" is a Freemason, aligned with other Freemasons, all displaying occult hand signs.
4.) The "pope" claims to be "the vicar of Christ," yet he personally demonstrates nothing of Jesus.
5.) The Jesuits are committed to geopolitical subversion in all of the World's recorded modern history.
6.) The "pope" endeavors to have approval and alliance with all of mankind, including pagan religions. Jesus was the opposite.
7.) The "pope" fails to identify paranormal UFO activity as being demonic, and states they are arriving from the far Cosmos as "visitors" and "brothers."

you forgot blessed Mary ever Virgin mother of God

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

Salvation is to be found with Mary!
Jesus Christ is our salvation! Lk 2:30
He is Lord, and He is with Mary! Lk 1:28
Mary found our salvation! Lk 1:30
Consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Biblical Mary:

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus)

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Queen of heaven
In the line of david’s kingdom the mother of the king is always queen
Jesus is king Lk 1:32-33
And king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven

A Royal greeting!

Lk 1:28 is the only place in the Bible where such a greeting takes place!
Mary is of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!

God himself is greeting Mary thru the instrument of the angel Gabriel!

This is a Royal greeting of the queen of heaven and earth! Queen of the angels and saints! Mary is of the house of king David!

In the line of king David the mother of the king is the queen, as Jesus Christ is the king of heaven and earth and the angels and saints so Mary is the queen of the same! Lk 1:32-33

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
29 And when she had heard, she was troubled in his word, and thought what manner salutation this was.
30 And the angel said to her, Dread thou not, Mary, for thou hast found grace with God.

Mary is queen in rev 12:1 and heb 4:16
Mother of divine grace

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is Jesus Christ who gives us a new life when we accept Him into our lives.

Many Believers have found, believed and accepted Jesus in their lives at different stages and different places. There are planters and there are waterers, who are we to say that God must use a Pentecostal to tell another about Jesus, who are we to say that God must use a Baptist to lead another to Jesus?

God will use whatever vessel(s) He chooses, God will use the way He chooses to reach that person, and yes that may even be through a Nun or a Priest, and yes it could even also be directly from Jesus Himself in a dream or vision.

the holy church is necessary for salvation

Reactions: Jacob28
Status
Not open for further replies.