Is the Catholic Church Today Part of Jesus' Body?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember and understand what the verse I just posted from Hebrews was saying. Faith is not equal to knowledge, so when you speak as if it were, is that not possibly one of those unintentional lies I mentioned?

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned" Matt 12:36-37

Are you simply trying to win an argument against me or are you seeking God's Truth, whatever it is?

Only God always wins. If either one of us, you or me, comes up against Him, do we not lose no matter eloquently we speak?
You have nothing to argue with, in the same manner the "pope" forms his own destiny before God by serving the corrupt agenda of Satan.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember and understand what the verse I just posted from Hebrews was saying. Faith is not equal to knowledge, so when you speak as if it were, is that not possibly one of those unintentional lies I mentioned?

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned" Matt 12:36-37

Are you simply trying to win an argument against me or are you seeking God's Truth, whatever it is?

Only God always wins. If either one of us, you or me, comes up against Him, do we not lose no matter eloquently we speak?
Remember to obey the Word of God instead of praying to Mary. She cannot do anything for needy people.

Jesus said to her, "Woman, what have I to do with you?"

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than run from the question, follow the will of God to state the Gospel of Salvation through Jesus Christ.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would "addressing" them pretend that they occurred for good reasons? The Catholics slaughtered the Albigensians in France. Correct?
They weren't "slaughtered" by the Catholic Church - but by mobs, local governments and armies from northern France.
I would hope you study your history better than you study your Bible . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do Catholics depend upon good works and church membership for righteousness before God? Yes? No?
That's a loaded and dishonest question.
Christians must be obedient - or they should question whether or not they are real followers of Christ.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholicism has no sound doctrine. Is it the Body of Christ?
"NO" sound doctrine?
This is an idiotic statement.

For your information Protestants AGREE with the Catholic doctrines on the Trinity and the Incarnation and the Virgin birth.
We agree on the Sacrificial Death and Resurrection of Christ for the expiation of sins.
We agree on the omnipotence and omnipresence of almighty God.
We agree on the declared Catholic Canon of the New Testament - and the list goes on.

Do your homework instead of making asinine claims . . .

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They weren't "slaughtered" by the Catholic Church - but by mobs, local governments and armies from northern France.
I would hope you study your history better than you study your Bible . . .
The Vatican armies were sent and successfully killed the Albigendians. The existing "pope" provided the orders, money, and blessing. The Vatican served Satan.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Share your opinion about how Catholicism brings anyone to spiritual rebirth.

In my town evangelicals are flocking from their local churches to find God real in our local Catholic church! Uneducated biblical illiterates like you have no answer to the biblical basis of many Catholic distinctives. I guess it's time for me to make constructive use of you as an academic whipping boy in a new thread exposing your ignorance. So stay tuned.

So am I a Catholic? Nope! In fact, I have even won a lawsuit against Catholics! But I respect the profound spirituality of Catholicism at its best--of which you are sadly oblivious.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic doctrine is what concerns me. Worshiping sinless Mary and Purgatory!

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a loaded and dishonest question.
Christians must be obedient - or they should question whether or not they are real followers of Christ.
No Scripture states material obedience to God will allow entry into Heaven. Only belief in the shed blood of Jesus being one's atonement, and belief Jesus died and resurrected in the flesh, will provide salvation into life. Satan wants people to add more requirements.

Does the Vatican place such requirements?

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my town evangelicals are flocking from their local churches to find God real in our local Catholic church! Uneducated biblical illiterates like you have no answer to the biblical basis of many Catholic distinctives. I guess it's time for me to make constructive use of you as an academic whipping boy in a new thread exposing your ignorance. So stay tuned.

So am I a Catholic? Nope! In fact, I have even won a lawsuit against Catholics! But I respect the profound spirituality of Catholicism at its best--of which you are sadly oblivious.
I agree you favor the profound doctrinal manipulations of the Vatican.

God uses Satan to separate those who deny Jesus Christ. They are surely welcome in Catholic venues

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did not bring common knowledge.

Jesus sure did use common knowledge! His parables were about every day things the average person would know: tending to sheep, losing a coin, planting and harvesting, parenting, fools & wise, waiting and being ready.

How can the Catholic church be part of Jesus' body when it puts itself above to judge the body?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Vatican armies were sent and successfully killed the Albigendians. The existing "pope" provided the orders, money, and blessing. The Vatican served Satan.
The show me the document, declaration or decree that promulgated this "order" - AND the name of the Pope in question.
Without these - you are simply blowing hot air.

The fact is that in 1208, the Albigensians killed a papal representative, and Pope Innocent III called for a “crusade” against these heretics. When things deteriorated with the mobs and out of control local governments - he exercised control and appointed the Dominican order to acts as Papal judges to deal with heresy. This brought the violence under control and allowed for conversion of heretics.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus sure did use common knowledge! His parables were about every day things the average person would know: tending to sheep, losing a coin, planting and harvesting, parenting, fools & wise, waiting and being ready.

How can the Catholic church be part of Jesus' body when it puts itself above to judge the body?
Speaking the language of common knowledge is far from the uncommon message He commanded.

The Vatican judged and slaughtered French Albigensians who just wanted to be left alone to serve God. The Vatican thereby proved itself to be Antichrist.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scripture states material obedience to God will allow entry into Heaven. Only belief in the shed blood of Jesus being one's atonement, and belief Jesus died and resurrected in the flesh, will provide salvation into life. Satan wants people to add more requirements.

Does the Vatican place such requirements?
WRONG.

As Christians, "Belief" includes:
- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

Your "easy-believism" is a heresy that is NOT supported by the CONTEXT of Scripture.

Status
Not open for further replies.