Is the Catholic Church Today Part of Jesus' Body?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The show me the document, declaration or decree that promulgated this "order" - AND the name of the Pope in question.
Without these - you are simply blowing hot air.

The fact is that in 1208, the Albigensians killed a papal representative, and Pope Innocent III called for a “crusade” against these heretics. When things deteriorated with the mobs and out of control local governments - he exercised control and appointed the Dominican order to acts as Papal judges to deal with heresy. This brought the violence under control and allowed for conversion of heretics.
The papal representative arrived with troops and deadly threats. The Vatican should have minded their own business and let God deal with His own followers.

Papal judges are in service to Satan through the "pope," not to God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholic doctrine is what concerns me. Worshiping sinless Mary and Purgatory!
And filthy anti-Catholic LIES are what concerns me.

Show me the official Catholic teaching - from the Catechism of the Catholic Church that says we are to "worship" Mary or ANYBODY other than God.

If you can't do that - then ADMIT that you lied.
Deal?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The papal representative arrived with troops and deadly threats. The Vatican should have minded their own business and let God deal with His own followers.

Papal judges are in service to Satan through the "pope," not to God.
Soooooo, YOU advocate the killing of the Papal representative and the perversion of the Gospel??

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Show me the official Catholic teaching - from the Catechism of the Catholic Church that says we are to "worship" Mary or ANYBODY other than God.

Deal?
You don't worship Mary? Mary isn't sinless? I think you're being very evasive.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Deal?
Does the "pope" tell his adherents they should revere and pray to Mary?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

As Christians, "Belief" includes:
- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

Your "easy-believism" is a heresy that is NOT supported by the CONTEXT of Scripture.
Alas, the thief on the cross didn't know any of that and was saved for simply believing in Jesus.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo, YOU advocate the killing of the Papal representative and the perversion of the Gospel??
Did I say that?

The murderous papal representatives and Jesuits should be arrested by civil authorities and punished with prison time, just as the pedophile priests.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.

As Christians, "Belief" includes:
- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

Your "easy-believism" is a heresy that is NOT supported by the CONTEXT of Scripture.
None of those references are about Salvation. They only speak of optional Discipleship after Salvation.

Which of those has anyone today actually done, other than water baptism?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he was talking about me??
Maybe I got it confused..
Anywho
I'm with you..
Looking for more edifying conversation.
I know it's in this forum.
I'm going to go find me some.
:)
HUGS
Oh , i thought he was talking about the doctrine of the RCC .
You are loved dear sister . Let us stay glued in our bibles and keep learning .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The closest I have ever been to Rome or the Vatican was short stop in Milano back in 1969. What I saw was filthy and dirty, but should I judge the Vatican based on that or on your hearsay testimony?
Folks often forget that the goal is to win the soul , correct the soul .
I often see folks go after catholics and act as though they are a pedophile or etc .
No , the person is just stuck in a dangerous deadly system . So i leave all the accusations out of it .
If you notice my friend i will go after the doctrine itself . Our goal is to win the soul and , as you know , that includes
pulling them out of false doctrine . Like praying to angels , saints , mary , etc . That is highly dangerous to do such a thing .
But often folks will just attack , instead of trying to simply warn and get them out of said system .

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea , none of us are catholic . I simply warn the people to get out of said system . Because i care for the soul of said person .
yep . Now let the LORD be praised dear sister .
Is it praise to the Lord for the Vatican to chain their gullible adherents to practices and demands which Scripture does not command?

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your not looking hard enough.
Hugs
Are you shy about showing it? Uncertain?

God's true power through the Holy Spirit is always easy for all to see. That is how the Holy Spirit's power is revealed in Scripture. Nobody needs to "try" to see it.

Read about it before you misrepresent it.

Jacob28

Feb 14, 2021
NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal. 2:20 states nothing about walking on water.

The Vatican keeps people in slavery to falsehoods.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you shy about showing it? Uncertain?

God's true power through the Holy Spirit is always easy for all to see. That is how the Holy Spirit's power is revealed in Scripture. Nobody needs to "try" to see it.

Read about it before you misrepresent it.
Jhn 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have some pretty interesting groups of people in this world.
One of the loudest right now in my opinion is antifa or blm.
Now I don't agree with their "religion"
If I get a gun and start shooting them back,
do you think one could be brought to Christ?
What kind of witness of Christ would that make me?
Wouldn't I appear as "LOUD" as them?

Is it the attention you seek?
Sometimes a whisper works better than shouting.

Hugs

Status
Not open for further replies.