Is the church necessary for salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
still don’t see why you are scandalized by authority and really only the jurisdictional authority???

The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments
Apostolic succession ended after the 1st century

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You said "The church is simply wherever two are gathered in his name." That passage does not say that. What man taught you that?

Read that passage IN CONTEXT and you will see that your men have taught you wrong. Putting your theory to the test shows that 2-3 Catholics can join together and...according to what you have been taught.... they make up The Church and Jesus is in their midst. If those 2-3 Catholics disagree with 2-3 Lutheran's who.... according to your theory.... also make up The Church and they disagree with the Catholics on what one must do to be saved your theory suggest that they are both right even though they have different teachings. According to your theory Jesus was in both of their midst and guiding them to the Truth but both of their truths are different. So is Jesus confused or are you confused? Your theory is bankrupt and is not based on Scripture.
No, not any 2 men, only God-fearing and devout, Christ worshipping men, are whom Jesus was referring to.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did not know that until you told me....Thank you! I would like to join your church and get out of this cult. What is the name of your denomination?
Christ's Church is not limited to appellations and boundaries. It's comprised of those who have more faith in the Word of God, than that of men, popes and cardinals.
It's the invisible Church, ...Christ knows his flock, and he will call them out on Judgment Day.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You deny this scripture

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Do I? How do you know that if you don't know me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are the Church.

you don’t have authority to govern the church

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20 with His church (apostles) till the end!

Keys of authority! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.