Is the denial of geologic evidence the best way to promote Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raining

Mar 31, 2013
Michigan
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Tim,

Why call something supernatural when others call it God?

Are they not both the same?

The way the world is today makes it hard to believe in a entity that's cares for mankind.

Tim TP

Nov 14, 2013
Raining said:
Tim,

Why call something supernatural when others call it God?

Are they not both the same?

The way the world is today makes it hard to believe in a entity that's cares for mankind.
Supernatural encompasses whatever other magical spirts of faries or devils that people want to believe in despite the total lack of evidence.

The way the world is today makes it a lot easier to believe something is watching out for mankind. It's never been this nice before.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Tim TP said:
I am an atheist.

I am one of those extreme ones who would like to see anyone who makes money from the clain that there is a great tooth fairy looking after you done for fraud.

That however, is a very long way off. Fair enough.

For the moment I would like it if less children were educationally abused by being taken out of school or placed in a religious school where the influence of religion resulted in them coming out less able to do stuff (like desing a new helicopter or drug) than they would be if they were exposed to the best of fatual, critical, education.

Religon is, in my view, destructive of many things. The more the religion is devolved from the real world the more destructive it is. The objective of this thread is to try to drift the teaching of Christianity away from denial of the real world and to embrace more facts. To lie less.
Igor Sikorsky was a devout Christian
Igor Sikorsky is the father of the American Helicopter
Sikorsky helicopters continues as a leader in aviation today

More proof that it is your education that is messed up Tim

Tim TP

Nov 14, 2013
Arni Manitoba,

Where did you go to school?

You are obviously highly capable and inteligent. That's why I say your education was poor because of gaps in your knowledge. Specifically geology, physical geography and physics/maths.

Whatever school it was was rubish. You should have learnt a lot more given your abilities.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Tim TP said:
Supernatural encompasses whatever other magical spirts of faries or devils that people want to believe in despite the total lack of evidence.

The way the world is today makes it a lot easier to believe something is watching out for mankind. It's never been this nice before.
You are the one who uses magical formulas
ie: .... "evolved by random chance" .... "billions of years did it"

Furthermore .... for someone like you who tries to critique education you sure spell like crap
Furthermore ... it was the Christians who started our schools , colleges , and universities

You would still be living in a cave if it wasn't for christian education
Instead of living your mothers basement acting as a troll

Tim TP

Nov 14, 2013
I'm dyslexic. I can't spell. I'm crap at running.

I'm good at making things with my hands. I'm OK a basic maths.

I have a house for sale in France that I finished just in time for the global financial crisis.

I am very suprised that a helicopter pilot thinks that centrifugal force is not understood. Very very suprised. I am also suprised that a pilot is wound up so much by having his education questioned. Very very suprised. Pilots normally have to be very good at controling their emotions.

Are you sure that you are a pilot? Your response to this thread suggests to my sceptical mind that you are not but hey, what would I know?

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
I am locking this thread because it has evolved in to back-and-forth personal attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.