Is the Devil using LGBTQ to destroy christian churches?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard this and was amazed, I could not grasp what was happening, till I came across this..'
A quarter of Methodist congregations in the U.S. are leaving the United Methodist Church as one of the country's largest Protestant denominations wrestles with issues of sexuality and gender identity.

More than 7,600 of United Methodist’s approximately 30,000 congregations had voted to leave as of this week, and the number could grow as the Dec. 31 deadline for departures approaches.

“It’s the biggest schism in any American denomination in the history of our country,” said Ryan Burge, an associate professor of political science at Eastern Illinois University in Charleston....

What's at issue?​

Controversies have been brewing within the church for several decades, particularly those dealing with LGBTQ+ issues, Wilson said.

Progressive factions within the church, he said, want to overhaul church teachings to, for instance, permit same-sex marriages and allow the ordination of gay clergy....'A quarter of Methodist congregations abandon the church as schism grows over LGBTQ+ issues

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just people who are prejudice and are judging other humans in assuming that they are a failure, and are not able to be accepted by Yahava, even if they confess that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Saviour.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is the Devil using LGBTQ to destroy christian churches?​

I wouldn't call it a planned agenda on the part of Satan, but rather an actual divide upon actual lines of belief, as a manifestation against God.

We each are born unto ourselves to be what we are as evidence for or against us in the Judgment. This life is each of us dividing ourselves by our own actions according to our own way and desire, whether for good or for evil. Which gives life to the devil for a short time. Then comes the end.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is just people who are prejudice and are judging other humans in assuming that they are a failure, and are not able to be accepted by Yahava, even if they confess that Jesus Christ is their Lord and Saviour.
Well, if they do and are living a life in sin and fornication, what are their fruits/works that come before God.....

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if they do and are living a life in sin and fornication, what are their fruits/works that come before God.....
Do you believe that some people acknowledge that with their Father in heaven even so? The last time it was mentioned, it was God who so loved the 'world' everyone in it, he sent his Son for the people who are lost, even if they have trouble in their flesh. Yahava, will work with others, who desire to allow him to work with them. People whom have a hardened heart, Yahava can use that for his purpose, and the one who choose to dark things, will suffer things throughout their life. Perhaps people are able to overcome those things, sometimes some things just are not taken away, such as Paul having his struggle. Be it his eyes, or something else that led him to continue to be humble before Yahava.

I am a weak person, who still struggles in his life, as a follower in Christ Jesus, and fail in everyway, it's the spirit of Christ in me, and the holy spirit of God within me, that produces any amount of heavenly good. It's not good to judge by the outside, and perhaps you or anyone may judge the actions or the way people may say things, or present things however in the end God will judge fairly everyone.

While some suggest that God is continuing to be angry, wrathful, against the nations today, it is said that Yahavas anger will not last forever also in the bible, I believe because of Jesus and his victory over all things, even putting down the evil men who put the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross, in order to inherit the land for themselves. They were judged and Gods anger and wrath was poured out upon them then in that age.

However, if a person chooses not to address the narrative of the bible, naturally the process is, that Jesus is still coming back, you better be ready, when you die you still go to hell, and then judgement is coming after that then, either the world is made new, or some of these things are not so anymore due to the victory of Christ, with the new covenant being established with the old ways abolished and with Yahava reading the heart, he most certainly will judge fairly.

O Lord my God, in You I have taken refuge;
Save me from all those who pursue me, and rescue me,
2 Or he will tear [c]my soul like a lion,
Dragging me away, while there is no one to rescue me.
3 O Lord my God, if I have done this,
If there is injustice in my hands,
4 If I have done evil to [d]my friend,
Or have plundered [e]my enemy for no reason,
5 Let the enemy pursue [f]my soul and overtake [g]it;
And let him trample my life to the ground
And lay my glory in the dust. Selah

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that some people acknowledge that with their Father in heaven even so? The last time it was mentioned, it was God who so loved the 'world' everyone in it, he sent his Son for the people who are lost, even if they have trouble in their flesh. Yahava, will work with others, who desire to allow him to work with them. People whom have a hardened heart, Yahava can use that for his purpose, and the one who choose to dark things, will suffer things throughout their life. Perhaps people are able to overcome those things, sometimes some things just are not taken away, such as Paul having his struggle. Be it his eyes, or something else that led him to continue to be humble before Yahava.

I am a weak person, who still struggles in his life, as a follower in Christ Jesus, and fail in everyway, it's the spirit of Christ in me, and the holy spirit of God within me, that produces any amount of heavenly good. It's not good to judge by the outside, and perhaps you or anyone may judge the actions or the way people may say things, or present things however in the end God will judge fairly everyone.

While some suggest that God is continuing to be angry, wrathful, against the nations today, it is said that Yahavas anger will not last forever also in the bible, I believe because of Jesus and his victory over all things, even putting down the evil men who put the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross, in order to inherit the land for themselves. They were judged and Gods anger and wrath was poured out upon them then in that age.

However, if a person chooses not to address the narrative of the bible, naturally the process is, that Jesus is still coming back, you better be ready, when you die you still go to hell, and then judgement is coming after that then, either the world is made new, or some of these things are not so anymore due to the victory of Christ, with the new covenant being established with the old ways abolished and with Yahava reading the heart, he most certainly will judge fairly.

O Lord my God, in You I have taken refuge;
Save me from all those who pursue me, and rescue me,
2 Or he will tear [c]my soul like a lion,
Dragging me away, while there is no one to rescue me.
3 O Lord my God, if I have done this,
If there is injustice in my hands,
4 If I have done evil to [d]my friend,
Or have plundered [e]my enemy for no reason,
5 Let the enemy pursue [f]my soul and overtake [g]it;
And let him trample my life to the ground
And lay my glory in the dust. Selah
Need to test the 'spirit' my brother, as many are being led by what is not of God...

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a weak person, who still struggles in his life, as a follower in Christ Jesus, and fail in everyway

There's your first problem right there... you continually say, believe, and act as one that is still weak.

God does not say in His Word that Christians are weak.

You should find out what God says in the New Testament about those that have been born again!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's your first problem right there... you continually say, believe, and act as one that is still weak.

God does not say in His Word that Christians are weak.

You should find out what God says in the New Testament about those that have been born again!

I am a weak person, who needs crutch, or a shoulder to lean on to help me be able to survive the struggles of life as they continue to come each in their due time.

It's a wonderful thing to embrace knowing it is the Lord Yeshua whom comes through when in periods of my weakness are seen. It's a great thing that Grace exist.

2 Corinthians 12:9-11

New International Version

9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

In those times of relinquishing Christ by and through the spirit of Christ, and the holy spirit of God through me, in those times of weakness it's from his strength that you are able to be strong in face of distressing times or hardships, be it from the world or within you yourself, by predication of ones soul.

There is nothing wrong in admitting ones weakness, setting boundaries, and seeking relationship with God by worshiping in spirit and in truth, and being open with others whom are also willingly to be open and honest back along with you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Need to test the 'spirit' my brother, as many are being led by what is not of God...

Perhaps that is why it is good for people to teach, and read the bible and teach what is said in there, in a narrative that could be understood and also challenge the modern day ways of how people conduct church is productive to spiritual growth or not. When a person typically decides to sit and read, and teach the Bible they tend to lose audience members anyway.

It's not because people are gay, or lesbian, or transexual, or if they are atheist, Buddist, Muslim, or if they are construction workers, or a pipe sewage drainage workers, or a person who is in the backwashing dishes, or people who are incarcerated for their crimes.

People who become attracted to the Light only when it is been shown, read through, picturized to some degree, and taught in also what certain words can be mean via the Greek and Hebrew language.

When it comes down to it, it comes down to do you put your faith and trust in Yahava, and put emphasizes on ones own relationship with Yahava, by and through the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ in which one is able to have peace with God above all else - even others opinions, their haughtiness, or their choice to look down upon other people just because they do not meet criteria or they do not meet what is deem "Christian appropriate.' and therefore some would even dare to say are excluded from the ability to even have faith in Yahava.

That is not good. Yahava is reaching out to all, some close their eyes and ears based what they have heard from grandpa, grandma, even being lied to by preachers or teachers of the bible as well. Yahava still calls out to all by the bride and the spirit saying come, and drink freely.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a weak person

God taught me in my Bible that I was strong and could do all things thru Christ! 2thumbs-up.gif

Maybe the Lord loves me more or something and shows mer scripture that other cannot understand.

Ephesians 6:10
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

There is nothing wrong in admitting ones weakness

Sadly... you have not yet learned what it means to be a new creature IN Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God taught me in my Bible that I was strong and could do all things thru Christ! View attachment 41982

Maybe the Lord loves me more or something and shows mer scripture that other cannot understand.

Ephesians 6:10
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Sadly... you have not yet learned what it means to be a new creature IN Christ.

All peace be with you, with Yahava, the Father whom adopts his children in faith of the Lord Yeshua. Let's continue to worship our Father in spirit and truth, and encourage one another as we go along in this life, pointing to answer whom heals and helps us through because of the things which the Lord had overcame, and also helps others overcome their plights as well. Though some plights may take longer to heal, they continue to keep us humble, and not might above another person.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All peace be with you, with Yahava, the Father whom adopts his children in faith of the Lord Yeshua. Let's continue to worship our Father in spirit and truth, and encourage one another as we go along in this life, pointing to answer whom heals and helps us through because of the things which the Lord had overcame, and also helps others overcome their plights as well. Though some plights may take longer to heal, they continue to keep us humble, and not might above another person.
Which Bible says Yahava?

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The whole gay issue is a trap. It is obvious that Christianity cannot condone homosexuality. The cities of Sodom and Gamora made that quite clear. So to spring the trap the gay ideology gets promoted to the church. It is presented as consenting love. if you speak out against it you are a hater. And by implication all haters need to be rejected by society, so the Church therefor has to be rejected by society.

Talk about your diabolical entrapment hatched in hell. Well Christ made it quite clear that friendship with the world is enmity against God .

Jas 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Jas 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?
As Christians we are supposed to be trying to please God, not the world. There can be no fence sitting about this. Even if the world calls perverted lust love, it does not make it so. The whole thing is nothing but a trap and the pattern of behaviour is normally associated with a civilization that has been handed over to its own delusions just before the hammer of judgment falls.

Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
This is one of those situations where you need to make a choice, either you serve God or you serve the world. You cannot have it both ways or you will simply be rejected by both. The whole objective of this trap is to drag the saints into sin so that they come out from the covering of the blood of Christ and lose their authority over the demonic because they will have fallen into sin.